St Julien Hotel & Spa Reviews

70 | Boulder, CO

70 Reviews for St Julien Hotel & Spa

Jennifer H. · Getting married on 10/08/2021

Catered to our every need for our wedding

The service was fantastic. Your staff was on point and personable. Amber was amazing. They put up with last minute changes without blinking and eye.....and Tim Gumm is truly the best. Thank you for everything in this challenging environment. They made my day perfect.

Sent on 09/01/2020

Allison W. · Married on 12/08/2020

Love working weddings at The St Julien

We had the pleasure to work with Nicole and her team at The St Julien for an August wedding and everything was perfect! From pre-planning, the communication was always amazing and details for the BEO an rooms were organized. We HIGHLY recommend hosting a wedding or event at The St Julien!

Sent on 10/31/2019
  • Britt

Britt C. · Married on 09/26/2020

Amazing venue & staff

While this wasn't an ordinary year, Tim and the team at St. Julien went above and beyond to make sure we had the day of our dreams. They took amazing care of us and made sure our guests were cared for, too. They were extremely flexible with us, given the "new normal" and I know Tim was working tirelessly behind the scenes to make the day special. We're so grateful we were able to safely have this time with our friends and family, and so much of it was because St. Julien's made it work for us. Thank you so much!

Sent on 10/05/2020
  • Aubrey

Aubrey K. · Married on 09/12/2020

Absolutely amazing.

Absolutely amazing. With covid-19 pandemic, I was very worried and stressed. We decided to have 25 people and the wedding was everything I could ever dreamed of. TIM IS AMAZING! His staff is amazing. The hotel is amazing.

Sent on 01/07/2021
  • Ian

Ian M. · Married on 08/10/2020

Amazing wedding at the St. Julien

We had an amazing and magical wedding at the St. Julien. Nicole was truly magnificent with all of the planning and details. The food was wonderful from the hord'oeuvres to the food stations. We asked for gluten free, cow dairy free, they made food for our friend who is vegan. The ambiance was beautiful and inspirational. Great Job!!! Everyone should get married there! Very Best, Ian Sophia

Sent on 10/20/2019

Spencer D. · Married on 08/08/2020

Wonderful Experience

The St. Julien was an incredible place to host our reception and spend our first night as a married couple. You cannot beat the location and the view. The food and drinks blew us away. It was truly more special than we could have ever imagined. Tim Gumm was extremely professional and was very flexible and willing to work with us even though we were planning on a short timeline during COVID. The staff at the St. Julien is amazing in every way. We loved the St. Julien and would recommend it to anyone.

Sent on 09/22/2020
  • Lily

Lily W. · Married on 12/07/2019

Incredible Experience - Would highly recommend!

I cannot say enough good things about the St. Julien hotel. We hosted two wedding events there (a cocktail hour and a brunch) and also had our room block there and stayed their our wedding weekend. They were incredibly accommodating and professional during the planning process, and went above and beyond to make our experience perfect. Once we were onsite at the hotel, their staff was incredible - so friendly, always asking what they could do to help to make our stay, and our guest's, even better. After working with multiple vendors and hotels I can say that the St. Julien was far and away the best part of our experience. They made everything easy and enjoyable, On top of that, the hotel is beautiful and all of our out of town guests loved the experience. They all kept commenting they want to come back and stay there. I would highly recommend working with the St. Julien on any event or wedding!

Sent on 12/10/2019

Sue H. · Married on 11/13/2019

Beautiful outdoor wedding at the St Julien

An Absolutely wonderful experience with Tim and Amber at the St Julian. They both were so helpful, so genuinely invested in making our daughters wedding a beautiful event. Pre planning with Tim went so smoothly as he was always able to accommodate a meeting or phone call with us. He was so very helpful, professional and so sincere and kind. What a great guy and what a great wedding and dinner!

Sent on 08/31/2020

Meg I. · Married on 10/26/2019

Above and beyond...

We had the most perfect wedding day at the St Julien Hotel. The venue was perfect, they were so flexible with our plan as we wanted to be outdoors if possible. Nicole had a whole indoor backup plan just in case (which we didn't need after all). The food was delicious, the staff was friendly and accommodating (one staff member initiated a game of duck-duck-goose with the kiddos at our ceremony during pictures to keep them entertained). Everyone went above and beyond to make our day perfect...and it was everything that we had hoped for. Thanks, Nicole and the St. Julien.

Sent on 11/07/2019

Amy · Married on 10/05/2019

Wedding Bliss at the St Julien Hotel & Spa

My husband and I moved to Boulder in 2014 and knew that we wanted to host our family and friends for a destination wedding when the time came. The St Julien was always at the top of our list because of its close location to everything special Boulder has to offer - restaurants, shops, hiking trails, nightlife, etc. The hotel is beautiful inside and out, and truly the best of Boulder! The rooms are modern and luxurious, the staff is friendly and attentive, the views overlooking the Flatirons are breathtaking, and the pool & spa facilities are delightful.

A few months before our big day, our original catering manager notified us that she was leaving and we'd be assigned to a new person. While I was slightly nervous about this change after all the planning we had already done with her (and knowing how close we were to the big day), the transition to our new catering manager, Nicole, was absolutely seamless! Nicole jumped right in without hesitation. We met to walk through all the previous decisions that had been made and to make sure we were on the same page moving forward. She is organized, thorough, professional, and so sweet!

Our wedding weekend was perfection! We shuttled guests to and from our ceremony at Sunrise Amphitheater, and had the cocktail hour and reception at the St Julien. It started raining right after the ceremony, so our cocktail hour had to be moved inside, but the team at the St Julien did their best to accommodate an outdoor cocktail hour right up to the last minute. We appreciated all their hard work shifting everything indoors quickly and quietly. Our guests didn't even really notice as they gathered in the lobby and enjoyed a few cocktails at the T-Zero Lounge while waiting.

The food at the St Julien is exceptional! Our guests are still talking about it to this day. Not only do they have a lot to choose from, but everything was prepared perfectly. My husband is a major foodie and they certainly surpassed his expectations.

If we could do it all over again, we would absolutely pick the St Julien! Thank you so much to the entire staff and especially to Nicole for making our wedding weekend so memorable! The little details did not go unnoticed and we are truly grateful for everything you did to ensure this was the greatest day of our lives!

Dan & Amy DeBarr
    (Lewis & DeBarr Wedding 6/30/19)

Sent on 10/21/2019

Annie · Married on 09/28/2019

Amazing Venue! Look no further:)

Let me first off say that I never write reviews. Truly, never. But words can't begin to describe the amazing experience that the St. Julien created for us! Our wedding day exceeded my expectations in every capacity possible.

Nicole was PHENOMENAL to work with! She is so fun, flexible, and always looked out for us to make sure we were getting exactly what we wanted. A professional in every aspect of the word.

If you're looking for a venue that has fantastic food and beverage, gorgeous views, and a staff that will make your life so much easier, look no further. We received compliments from every guest about the delicious food and fantastic service. The St. Julien helped give us the best day of our life and create a stress-free day for us that my husband and I could truly enjoy without worry. Thank you so much!

Sent on 10/15/2019

Eric T. · Married on 09/28/2019

Best Wedding Experience EVER

All the usual stuff applies here for a great wedding experience- Phenomenal food, service, responsiveness, etc... Where Nicole and the St. Julien really shine is how much they care. They truly want YOU to have the wedding YOU want. I planned a very elaborate surprise for my wife that involved a piano being delivered to the ballroom, me playing, a professional pianist and singer. The surprise took about 20 minutes and I could not have planned it without the awesomeness of Nicole and her incredible staff. I could tell they were invested and wanted everything to go the exact way I wanted it too. They kept everything a secret and even had a back up story if my wife started asking questions. No request was too much for them. Truly amazing! 100% recommend St. Julien and Nicole 10 times out of 10.

Sent on 10/22/2019

Justin · Married on 09/21/2019

We love The St. Julien and Nicole!

Getting married at The St. Julien was one of the best decisions my husband and I made throughout the planning process. We had a very particular vision for our day, a beautiful outdoor dinner and a big indoor party afterwards, and the St. Julien team executed on this vision perfectly. There were a lot of moving parts (as we didn’t get married on-site) but no one missed a beat and the evening was EXACTLY how we imagined it would be. I think there are preconceived notions about hotel weddings but The St. Julien will allow you to make your day exactly what you want it to be, they don’t pressure you to do what’s easy for them. Any of our ridiculous requests (like having froze for our signature drink) were met with excitement and anything that couldn’t be done always had a creative work around. Not only was Nicole (and the whole SJ team) incredibly organized, accommodating and helpful, they were were great partners to us throughout our entire planning process (side note- Dana who handles room accommodations is incredible). The lead up to the wedding was seamless but the entire weekend was PERFECT! Everyone was ON IT. All of our guests haven’t stopped talking about the hotel, the food, and how perfect the night was. If I could do this all over again, I wouldn't change a thing.

Sent on 11/05/2019
  • Tatiana

Tatiana · Married on 09/21/2019

We love The St. Julien & Nicole!

Getting married at The St. Julien was one of the best decisions my husband and I made throughout the planning process. We had a very particular vision for our day, a beautiful outdoor dinner and a big indoor party afterwards, and the St. Julien team executed on this vision perfectly. There were a lot of moving parts (as we didn’t get married on-site) but no one missed a beat and the evening was EXACTLY how we imagined it would be. I think there are preconceived notions about hotel weddings but The St. Julien will allow you to make your day exactly what you want it to be, they don’t pressure you to do what’s easy for them. Any of our ridiculous requests (like having froze for our signature drink) were met with excitement and anything that couldn’t be done always had a creative work around. Not only was Nicole (and the whole SJ team) incredibly organized, accommodating and helpful, they were were great partners to us throughout our entire planning process (side note- Dana who handles room accommodations is incredible). The lead up to the wedding was seamless but the entire weekend was PERFECT! Everyone was ON IT. All of our guests haven’t stopped talking about the hotel and how perfect the night was. If I could do this all over again, I wouldn't change a thing.

Sent on 11/05/2019
  • User6452294 · 1+ year ago

Amazing Wedding Experience!

The St Julien was with us every step of the way to make Alaina and Justin's wedding day one to remember. We cannot thank Nicole and Tim & the St Julien team for all of their efforts. Nicole worked tirelessly to make sure every detail was covered from ceremony to reception to late night snacks. They went above and beyond every request made! It can be difficult planning from another state and Nicole was super accommodating with our schedules. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!! We so appreciate you and cannot wait to be back.

Sent on 07/30/2019
  • Conrad

Conrad M. · Married on 07/13/2019

First Class Wedding Venue!

We got married at the St Julien in July of 2019 and can’t say enough good things about the event. Nicole was great to work with and made sure every question was addressed quickly and respectfully. The setting was fantastic and will be a memory we cherish for the rest of our lives. The food and drinks were exceptional and both food and bar service were top notch. Nicole was also fantastic coordinating with all third party vendors. We would recommend the St Julien to any couple and are sure they will continue hosting great receptions in the future.

- Conrad Miller (Miller-Taylor Wedding)

Adina M. · Married on 07/11/2019

Perfect Boulder Venue

Beautiful venue with mountain views, delicious food, a great downtown location, and superb service and staffing. I highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 07/11/2019

Kassidy · Married on 07/06/2019

The St. Julien is 20/10 in my book!

The St. Julien as well as Nicole Coffield simply gave my husband and I the wedding of our dreams! Everything was absolutely FLAWLESS. We knew that the St. Julien would meet our expectations and that it would be the perfect venue to host our reception but little did we know they would exceed our expectations. From the punctual follow up, to the friendly staff I would highly recommended the St. Julien to anyone who is looking to have their wedding in Colorado. Nicole is consistent, punctual, friendly, and amazing to work with! At the beginning of our wedding planning, there were a few bumps in the road with a former catering manager but once Nicole stepped in and took over our experience was seamless. Weddings are not the easiest thing to plan, but we had an amazing team assisting us throughout it all and honestly Nicole and our wedding planner delivered the best day of our lives. Nicole’s sense of caring really showed and she takes pride in what she does! This meant a lot to us.

Paul G. · Married on 07/06/2019

Amazing and flawless experience with the St. Julien

Nicole, Tim, and the team at St. Julien were absolutely amazing. They were accommodating, and made us feel like family. The event went off perfectly, and all the minor details were given great attention. Staff was no short of incredible. Food was amazing and all our guests commented on how great all our food was. Bar service was tremendous. We even had our cake done by the St. Julien and their head baker baked the most amazing and tasty wedding cake. We would recommend anyone who is thinking of using the St. Julien, do not hesitate to have your wedding here. Many of our guests have called it the best wedding of all time. It would not be possible with out the help and guidance of Nicole and her team.

Scott L. · Married on 06/15/2019

Great Venue, Great Service

The St. Julien has weddings down. Everything from the support staff to the wedding details were carefully coordinated. Thank you so much to the St. Julien for everything!

Sent on 06/24/2019

Erica · Married on 06/01/2019

Amazing venue, attentive staff

We just had my daughter's wedding at the St. Julien. Over 200 guests -all from New York -who came to celebrate with us spent 5 days at the property.
    While I am giving the hotel 5 stars I would give it 10 stars if Yelp would let me. Here's why:

-The team, led by Tim and Nicole, were outstanding. They were organized; accommodating and highly professional. A pleasure to work with.
    -Planning an out of town wedding can be tough-St Julien made it easy.
    - The venue is perfect for a wedding. Our ceremony faced the mountains, providing our guests with a memorable experience. The cocktail hour was outside and beautiful. The reception was in the main ballroom and worked perfectly.
    -The lobby is a great place to hang out and socialize and gave our guests a comfortable place to be in between activities and especially at night after dinner. Live music, drinks and the fireplace all added to the experience.
    -The rooms and hotel amenities were perfect.

If you are planning a wedding I would highly recommendation that you check out the St Julien and all that Boulder has to offer.

For our family and friends, the wedding was a memorable and magical experience we will never forget.

Sent on 06/23/2019

Pamela A. · Married on 03/17/2019

Wedding weekend

The St Julien was an excellent venue for hosting our wedding guests and our rehearsal gathering.

Sent on 04/17/2019

Martha · Married on 11/10/2018

Wonderful 25th Wedding Anniversary

My husband and I held our 25th wedding anniversary at the hotel. Had a fabulous time. Loved how they handled the event both pre, during and post event. What a great place to host your event!!!!

Sent on 11/14/2018

Ali · Married on 11/03/2018

Perfect wedding location

We chose the St. Julien for our wedding ceremony and reception. I looked at so many venues from Denver to Boulder and beyond, and I'm so happy we chose the St. Julien. Every detail was perfect. The staff was beyond professional, and Alisha was so great to work with and so patient with all of our questions. Our guests all raved about the food, ambiance and location. It really was the perfect spot to get married!

Sent on 11/11/2018

Katie · Married on 09/08/2018

WOW. I am not sure where to start with my review of the St. Julien Hotel - everything was perfect!

We were engaged for 18 months and chose the St. Julien right away. So, for 18 months we inundated Alisha (Social Catering Manager) with e-mails and phone-calls, particularly as the big day approached, she always took the time to help us emerge from moments of panic feeling calm, focused and reassured. She went the extra mile on all questions/concerns/requests and made us feel like she completely understood our vision.

The day of our wedding was incredible because we didn't have to worry about anything. The staff at the St. Julien worked so seamlessly with our other vendors, it gave us the opportunity to relax and enjoy our day. From handing out welcome bags when guests checked in, to making sure we saw the ballroom first and had a drink and time to eat, to calming my nerves right before I walked down the aisle, to the presentation and quality of dinner – Alisha and her team had amazing attention to detail and their professionalism/customer service was exceptional.

We would highly recommend the St. Julien Hotel, Alisha, and all the staff. Everything felt so personal and dedicated to us, devoted to making our day as amazing as it could be. Thank you again for making our special day so perfect, your stunning venue and ability to turn our dreams into reality has left us with the most magical memories of the best day of our lives.

Sent on 10/02/2018