St. Johns Golf and Country Club Reviews

34 | Saint Augustine, FL

34 Reviews for St. Johns Golf and Country Club

Emmanuel · Married on 11/03/2018

Amazing venue and friendly staff

It was an absolute pleasure to work with Tammie, Jessica and the rest of the staff at St. John’s Golf & Country. They were great at working with all the details leading up to our wedding, and the day of our wedding were completely amazing and ensure that everything was on time and that no detail was missed. I absolutely recommend the beautiful venue and great staff. They will definitely help make your special day, extra special.

Sent on 11/14/2018

St. Johns Golf and Country Club's reply:

Thank you so much for your review! It was a pleasure to work with you and be a part of such a special day!

BRITTANY · Married on 06/21/2018

Amazing venue!! This place is gorgeous. The staff was so incredible! Especially Tammie and Jessica!! The go above and beyond to meet all needs.

Megan · Married on 04/28/2018

My husband and I probably looked at 15 different venues before deciding on St. Johns Golf & Country Club. This place was OUTSTANDING! The staff are thoughtful and professional. Everyone was responsive to any text or email, with any concern. The venue included a day-of coordinator, Tammie, who was the absolute best person to work with. She anticipated our every need and came to the rescue with a last minute floral disaster. The guests couldn't stop raving about the food, the staff kept the drinks flowing, and our guests were very well taken care of. If I had to plan our wedding again, I'd book St. Johns Golf & Country Club every time! They went so above and beyond our expectations and made our wedding magical.

Melkevia · Married on 05/06/2017

My wedding was absolutely amazing!! I couldn't have chosen a better venue or team to work with. I still have guest talking about how beautiful the venue was and how delicious the food was. It was truly a day to remember.

Our day of coordinator Tammie did a great job at helping me stay calm the week leading up to the wedding. She even sent me a text the night before the wedding to ensure that I was relaxing and not worrying about anything. I greatly appreciated that because it gave me reassurance that I was in good hands. I was also very pleased with the table layout she suggested. The set up made the main room and back parlor area feel as one unit (with 150 guests). She was always very accessible and a pleasure to work with.

Our DIY decorations were all placed exactly the way I explained and everything feel right into place. Tammie kept the program running and there was nothing that I had to worry about that day, everything was taken care of. The bridal suite was the perfect spot for my bridesmaids and I to get ready (including the MUA applying our makeup in that space). We were able to listen to music, eat and drink in a comfortable atmosphere as we prepared for the wedding.

I absolutely positively LOVE Jessica (Bridal attendant), I feel like she was by my side the entire day making sure I was okay. From making sure my husband and I ate to checking to see if I needed to change into my flip flops. She was on top of everything. My bridesmaids ran into trouble trying to bustle my dress after formal pictures and Jessica came in and saved the day. I can't speak enough on how much my husband and I appreciate her passion for what she does.

If you are looking for a gorgeous venue that will make your DIY dreams come true and handle all the minor details and flow of the day, you definitely want to book at this venue.

Sincerely,

The Ivey’s – May 6, 2017

Nicole · Married on 04/23/2017

I am so happy we decided on this venue for our wedding. Tammie and Jessica were amazing! They went above and beyond our expectations! The venue itself is beautiful inside and out. We were able to have our ceremony on the lawn, and even had a beautiful 2nd option in case of rain. The reception area was decorated exactly how I envisioned. My family and friends are still complimenting on the staff and how amazing the wedding was. Thank you so much ladies you made our day so memorable!

Lori · Married on 12/30/2016

Wonderful venue and service for my wedding!

Even though I’m a meeting and event planner, this time I was actually the bride! I had high expectations for my wedding and Tammie at St John’s Golf and Country Club didn’t disappoint. I would highly recommend them for any special event.

Sent on 11/14/2018

St. Johns Golf and Country Club's reply:

You are too sweet Lori! Thank you for trusting us with your big day! Many blessings and wishes to you and your husband!

Alec · Married on 12/17/2016

They are awesome. We had our reception here and packed the place with 150 guests, and they made it amazing. Staff worked hard all day to help make the place look perfect. We had the dance floor outside (in december) and it was perfect. Food was incredible. We had london broil and crab-stuffed tilapia. Bartenders were great.

Lindsay · Married on 05/21/2016

Simply the best venue and staff in Jacksonville! The team at St Johns, especially Brittany and Amanda, made our wedding perfect for us and our guests! The venue is in tip top shape and the food is amazing! If you are looking for the perfect venue and the best staff around, I highly recommend St Johns!

Sent on 06/06/2016

St. Johns Golf and Country Club's reply:

Thank you Lindsay! I hope you have settled into your married life well and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Cassey · Married on 05/07/2016

Amazing. I had alot of diy decorations, they set them all up for me. A month after our wedding and friends are still talking about how delicious the food was. The display was beautiful as well. We will be going back for lunch during other trips to St. Augustine.

Sent on 06/03/2016

St. Johns Golf and Country Club's reply:

Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your special day! Next time you are in the area be sure to stop by!

Stephanie · Married on 03/19/2016

I was so impressed with this venue. After looking around at different places and we came to this venue we booked right away. We were even more surprise that the price was half of what we were seeing. Amanda and Brittany were so great with everything. Always quick to respond to anything I needed it had a question about. They were super flexible about working with the menu and day of planning. This venue does a lot of different events and I can see why. Day of wedding we had staff that was there for us all the time to all of the wedding party. Natalie was so sweet remembered what we wanted to drink and what we liked to munch on. The day went by perfectly. I honestly hope that anyone reading this picks this venue you won't be disappointed :)
    Wedding date was 3/19/16

Sent on 04/25/2016

St. Johns Golf and Country Club's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to write this review! We loved your big day! Thank you for allowing us to be apart of such a big day!

Angelina · Married on 02/27/2016

My wedding was just two weeks ago and everything was perfect! Brittany and Amanda are amazing to work with. Both respond very quickly and are extremely helpful. The day of my wedding I did not have to worry about anything because I knew I was in good hands. The venue provides food and beverage, has a plan B if it rains, heaters for outside if it's cold. The land is gorgeous and provides great scenery for pictures. I would highly recommend booking this venue for your wedding, you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 03/12/2016

St. Johns Golf and Country Club's reply:

You were a stunning bride! Thank you for trusting us with your big day! We can't wait to see how all of your pictures turned out. Be sure to stay in touch!
  • Mary

Mary · Married on 02/13/2016

My son and his new wife recently had their wedding rehearsal and dinner as well as their wedding ceremony and reception at this beautiful venue. I can use one word to describe the whole experience from planning through completion - WOW!! The food, service, ambiance and every little detail were done to perfection thanks to the professionalism of both Amanda Dunn and Brittany Grunst. They are a dynamic duo who make sure that your wedding wishes come true!!

Sent on 03/04/2016

St. Johns Golf and Country Club's reply:

Thank you so much Mary! We loved working with you. It was a beautiful dinner.
  • Team JSL

Stacia · Married on 02/13/2016

If I could give more than 5 stars to SJGCC, I would. This was the first vendor I checked out and I was so impressed by Amanda (wedding coordinator), the venue itself, the menu, the flexibility of services that we booked a couple days later. I just knew as soon as we left that Amanda was the kind of coordinator that would not allow anything to be less than perfect, and I was right! I literally showed up and things were taken care of, I had zero stress.

We had our rehearsal dinner, ceremony and reception at SJGCC and the entire staff made all of the events flawless. I had Brittany as my day of coordinator and she is just as professional and efficient as Amanda. Shannon was my bridal attendant (a luxury I did not realize I was going to have) and she basically made sure I was where I needed to be and I had everything I needed (think wine post ceremony).

We provided own cake, DJ, decorations, and photographer and they do the rest. I mean it. We didn't set up decorations or break down/clean up afterwards. All chairs, linens, food, alcohol were taken care of. They have everything down to a science; there will be no hiccups in schedules, no guests wandering around wondering where they are supposed to go, where their table is or what is supposed to happen (personal pet peeve of mine when I go to other weddings; not having an even coordinator and guests just mill around helpless).

Again: if you want your wedding to be perfect, book this venue. Book it now.

Sent on 03/10/2016

St. Johns Golf and Country Club's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this. We absolutely loved working with you! Thank you for trusting us with your big day! Please stay in touch.

Married · Married on 10/17/2015

Amanda and Brittney made our dream wedding come to life!!! They are super reliable and trustworthy and will go over every single detail with you to ensure your evening is just right. The dining area and green are both so beautiful! The absolute PERFECT place to officially start your life with your spouse!!!!

Jennifer · Married on 09/12/2015

Where to even start! I had to many people help me through beginning to end! Amanda always responds quickly through email no matter how silly the question is, she put up with us changing our menu...i think 3 times. she's really sweet and helpful! And brittany was very helpful also especially with the food and the day, she was awesome! Not only do they have brittany the day of the wedding they have a couple extra girls, and this one girl in particular i forget her name...natalie? she was the best she picked up my train when my bridesmaids didn't, she got us all snacks and water,she even when and got my lipgloss and returned something to my mother the list goes on she was just so unbelievable! the only negative thing i do have to say which isn't their fault i just have sweet blood! i got bit by bug at the dinner rehearsal and the bridal party got bit like crazy when we were taking photos but other then that awesome beyond words! And the food was amazing!!!

Sent on 11/23/2015

St. Johns Golf and Country Club's reply:

Thank you so much for allowing us to be apart of your special day! It was a pleasure to work with you.

Katherine · Married on 09/05/2015

Our wedding day was beyond perfect. Amanda and Brittany answered all of our questions leading up to our wedding, made us feel completely at ease, set up the most beautiful reception, and catered to us all night long! I know most people probably say this about their venue, but we truly feel it was the most perfect place when you're not trying to break the bank!! It was incredible, and we would do it all over again in a heart beat! Thank you so much Amanda and Brittany!

Kim · Married on 06/06/2015

I know a lot of brides would like to get married on the beach or in front of the water. But, if you have a budget to stick to this is the place for you. There are many different options for your actual ceremony site and the reception is held in the same place so you and your guests do not have to travel. Amanda, Britney, Natalie and all of the employees were very accommodating and so sweet. They really have it together from the first time you meet with them to the end of your wedding and reception. There is no need to have a wedding planner unless you do not wish to take care of all of your on decorations and flowers. I personally wanted to be in charge of making all of my decisions on decorations and flowers so, the day off I took everything I had up there and spoke to the ladies to let them know where I wanted everything and they did an absolutely perfect job in placing everything where we had discussed. Brittney took charge and got everything down to a time frame from walking down the isle to the bouquet toss. Natalie was the sweetest most attentive assistant the bride could have she took care of all of my needs from the time I got there to get dressed to serving us ( the bride and groom ) dinner. I throughly enjoyed our wedding venue.

August · Married on 04/11/2015

Perfect place for your wedding. Beautiful photo opportunities. Amanda and the full staff go above and beyond to make sure all needs for your wedding day as smooth as possible both before hand and especially the big day.

love the St Johns Golf & Country Club and Amanda Dunn was great to work with

Heather · Married on 11/22/2014

Everything leading up to our wedding day was made extremely easy by Amanda and all of the staff at St. Johns Golf and Country. We didn't hire a florist so we had put a lot on their plate to arrange our centerpieces and they were more than happy to do it. I loved working with Amanda and, on the day of, Britt. I hadn't eaten much since the morning of my wedding and they brought my bridesmaids and I snacks while we waited for everything to begin. I am so happy that we decided on St. Johns Golf and would recommend it to anyone looking for a great place to get married. Oh, an ALL of our guests raved about the food! It was absolutely delicious and they made sure to send us home with leftovers. Thanks for everything, Amanda!

• I

Iris · Married on 11/08/2014

We are totally happy that we choose St Johns Golf & Country Club! Amanda was amazing, very on top of everything we asked, and the day of our wedding she delivered exactly how we expected. When we walked in the reception area, it felt like she read my mind and knew exactly how I wanted to be decorated - I was not able to see her and go over with her in person how I wanted all to be placed and decorated and she still got it to the detail everything I had in mind! -. The staff was exceptional; we didn’t have to worry about anything at all! And the food was amazing!!!

Iris

Katya · Married on 02/01/2014

When I began researching venues for my wedding, I made it a point to read through many reviews, because I believe they are the best way to get a sense of the customer experience. I was looking for a reception venue that would accommodate approximately 100 to 125 guests. My main criteria were that it be affordable, have good food, be pretty and well maintained and have reliable service.

I began by looking at the usual venues that pop up on searches, but wasn't really blown away by them. However, when I began to look for reviews I came across several about Saint Johns Golf and Country Club. The reviews raved about the location, the food, how affordable it was, but mostly about the service provided by their coordinator, Amanda Dunn. After looking online at their website and multiple reviews I decided to schedule a meeting.

The moment my mother and I pulled up to the entrance to the club we knew this would be the place. The grounds were gorgeous, with pretty bridges, waterways and lawns. The clubhouse looks like a lodge, with pretty stone walls, dark wooden beams and iron chandeliers. The place was impeccable and smelled clean. Even the bathrooms were well maintained.

Amanda Dunn was simply amazing! She was extremely thorough, detailed and professional. She made sure to point out anything I might have missed and kept detailed notes on everything. She was very good about answering my questions and getting back with me in a timely manner.

The day of the wedding went off without a hitch! Amanda took care of everything. I didn't have to worry at all, because I knew she had it handled. The food was AMAZING! Our guests raved about it. The service was fantastic, and everyone had a great time. I would recommend this venue to anyone hosting any special event.

Claresa · Married on 09/22/2013

Amanda was wonderful. Very patient with a control freak!!! Everything ran on schedule and without issues. #TEAMAMANDA

Megan · Married on 07/06/2013

I cannot say how amazing the Amanda and the crew are at St. Johns Golf & Country Club. Amanda was truly a life savor in helping me plan and organize the big day. Having never even gone to a wedding - planning a wedding by myself while in school was extremely stressful. Amanda made sure that everything that needed to be done was done, and anything that wasn't done, wasn't actually important.

The day of my wedding went by so quickly - and I appreciate everyone who made it be a success. The venue was gorgeous. My guests raved about the atmosphere, food and location in general. Almost all of my guests were from out of town, and no one had any issues finding the place.

We had our ceremony on the covered patio. Since the wedding was Fourth of July weekend, all of our guests were grateful to be out of the sun and under some fans. I think this location was the perfect location for our wedding and would highly recommend it to others.