St. Croix Boat & Packet Co. Reviews

24 | Stillwater, MN

24 Reviews for St. Croix Boat & Packet Co.

St. Croix Boat & Packet Co. 1
St. Croix Boat & Packet Co. 2
St. Croix Boat & Packet Co. 3
St. Croix Boat & Packet Co. 4
St. Croix Boat & Packet Co. 5
  • Tori

Tori Mckenzie · Married on 10/13/2018

Best Choice

We loved having our wedding here. The staff were very knowledgeable and super friendly. The venue was very nice, but super affordable! We had the italian buffet and tiramisu and chocolate torte, and our guests were raving about the food! The space is super flexible, and we were able to change things up as needed. Everything went better than we could have hoped for, and our guests told us it was fun going to a wedding at such a unique venue!

Loretta Boustead · Married on 09/08/2018

Loretta Boustead

I wouldn’t change anything on our special day and the st croix river boat team are to thank! It was a beautiful day, the boat staff was amazing, nearly everyone commented and said it was the best wedding they have ever been to! From our first meeting to the wedding day everything went smoothly. They responded quickly and were flexible with our requests. I’d highly recommend this venue to anyone!

St. Croix Boat & Packet Co. 6
    St. Croix Boat & Packet Co. 7
    St. Croix Boat & Packet Co. 8

Janet Stepan · Married on 07/14/2018

Perfect venue for our wedding reception

We couldn’t have chosen a better place for our wedding reception than this! Everyone we dealt with, from the initial phone contact people to all the staff on the boat during our event, were exceptional! They were professional and flexible to deal with and had wonderful communication skills. . The boat staff were the absolute best and were willing to go the extra mile to make our evening a very special one. If this is the type of venue you’re interested in, we can guarantee that you won’t be disappointed with this company. The boat was clean and the dinner buffet was exceptional. Many of our guests commented to us later how good the food was and how much fun they had. Kudos to St. Croix Boat and Packet Co!!

• Brittany

Brittany Beniak · Married on 06/09/2018

Excellent Casual Wedding Reception

We had a destination wedding and held our local, casual reception on the Jubilee II with St. Croix Boat and Packet Company. The last thing anyone wanted to do after having a full wedding (in a different country!) was plan another event. St. Croix Boat and Packet made it super easy for us with their all inclusive packages. The only thing extra that we brought was our own DJ, but the rest was handled by the boat company. The food was fantsatic, and all service was excellent. We recieved so many compliments on how fun of an event it was, and I could definitely see it being scaled up for a fancier affair. I highly recommend working with them if you're looking to host a unique event with a seamless planning experience.

Erin Jack · Married on 05/05/2018

Wonderful boat ride reception

This was the perfect boat reception with an amazing (ever changing) view of the river. The staff were very flexible and accommodating. The reception buffet food was amazing and the bar was wonderful. This was an amazing reception that is one to remember!

Jeana · Married on 09/16/2017

Amazing! From day one, they were accommodating and knew what they were doing. They had the whole process down and made me feel like at ease. I would highly recommend this venue. Stillwater is such an amazing and beautiful place for a wedding. The staff was icing on the cake. They always checked on us and got us anything we requested. They really went above and beyond to make our wedding memorable. We are planning on doing a dinner cruise for our anniversary every year.

St. Croix Boat & Packet Co. 9
    St. Croix Boat & Packet Co. 10

Overall great experience. The people we have worked with have been flexible, friendly and very accommodating in putting together just what we want for pour day!

Lisa · Married on 09/17/2016

Oh my! I don't even know where to begin! Amy and Karina are the BEST to work with! Of course, we requested Captain Dan, who is the MASTER of navigating the boats! He took us where no wedding had gone all year! The views of the beautiful St. Croix were amazing as we were enjoying a delicious dinner after our ceremony. Our guests were so intrigued and fascinated by the beauty of the river. The staff was TOP NOTCH - everyone loved them. Hands down - The BEST wedding our guests have ever attended. They are STILL talking about it!

Justin · Married on 08/27/2016

Our wedding was elegant and perfect! Thank you so much to the crew and office staff. From the first contact a year and 2 months before our wedding to when the very last guest got off the boat, everyone was very friendly, attentive and helpful. Our guest raved about how fantastic the wedding was and how unique and beautiful the boat was. We were on the Showboat the evening of Oct 8th, 2016. They are well prepared and knew how to make your event go smoothly and this allowed us to be able to enjoy our wedding. We had an issue with the mic and sound system on the boat. It was confusing to use and the staff was even confused with it. Just a bit more training for the staff would take care of this quickly. Even though we had that minor issue, I would highly recommend using this vendor. Oh and the food was the talk of the night also. Thanks again guys for making our event perfect. You truly are a class act!! Justin & Robert

Nikki · Married on 08/06/2016

The Grand Banquet hall is beautiful! Words can't describe the view! Received so many compliments on food Chris, the chef, was amazing to work with, let us reschedule quite a few times for the tasting since my (now husband) is in the service. Emails were always responded to right away. Just a dream to work with!

Maja · Married on 05/14/2016

Could not have asked for a better reception location! We rented out the Majestic Star (the yaht type boat rather than a paddleboat). It was the perfect size for our wedding - invited 225 and had 175 in attendance. The Majestic Star is 4 levels, most people were either on the upper deck or the dance floor but it was nice to have the bottom level which has couches for people to sit and catch up. It was incredibly easy to decorate as obviously the trip on the St. Croix is the best part so we kept everything to a minimum to highlight the outdoors. Everyone raved about it and even people that we told who were not at the wedding thought the boat idea was fantastic. The staff were polite and welcoming. I was always able to reach someone and get a quick answer. Some of the wait staff even helped carry out decor after the wedding! The boat moves so slowly and calmly that you really don't feel it, some of our guests who get motion sickness said they were fine the entire night. The boat itself is beautiful, very clean, and maintained very well. The pricing was amazing, espesially if you are wanting to get married in Stillwater.
    As for the catering: I loved that St Croix Boat Package and the Grand Banquet Hall work together, it made booking everything very easy as it was only one payment. We opted to do a plated meal but you can also do a buffet style but with the amount of people we had we thought a buffet line might get a little long. The food was amazing - we served chicken marsala with a tangy salad, asparagus, and mashed potatos. No complaints! They also offer a vegetarian option that everyone loved as well. We went with them to do our cake which was a great idea! We brought on a small sweetheart cake so that we could cut it and everyone else was served a vanilla lemon cake, it was delicious! The catering staff was wonderful prior to the reception and we had a tasting for $100 for 6 people! For a seated, plated dinner you cannot beat the pricing.

Delaney · Married on 11/07/2015

Amazing experience!

Lauren and Amy were amazing to work with and helped us plan the day to be the best! They are very experienced and know what they are doing. The entire crew made our day go seamlessly. The staff on the boat were very friendly and helpful. Our guests had such an amazing time and we couldn't have done it without the amazing staff.

Marta · Married on 03/07/2015

We had our ceremony and reception and the Grand Banquet Hall on March 7, 2015. Chris, the chef, was amazing to work with! He met with us on multiple occasions and answered emails in a timely manner. The staff was so helpful and friendly! The food was AMAZING! The inside of the venue is beautiful! I would highly recommend them!!!

• I

Inna · Married on 09/20/2013

Our Wedding day could have not gone better. All staff and everyone did everything to make this day magical. Thank you all for all the hard work to our big day...

cheers!!! to Happy Life

Lisa · Married on 08/24/2013

St Croix Boat is a marvelous place to hold your wedding. It has such beautiful sights and the boats themselves are gorgeous.
    I had a great experience from beginning to end with this company. They were there to answer any questions that came up along the way and they were so good about letting me come see the boat anytime I needed to.
    It was so easy to plan a wedding there too. It was literally like one stop shopping. We had the venue and the food done with one stop. (We had the Italian buffet. It was delicious and we had numerous compliments on it.)
    It was also great to have all of our guests together at all times. I know that our guests really appreciated not having to drive from one place to another and I have heard quite often that they enjoyed not having a long wait in between the ceremony and reception.
    If you love to be on the water like my husband and I do, then I would recommend this venue a thousand times over!

Heather · Married on 06/22/2008

They did an outstanding job on working with us! I would do business with them over and over again!

Emily · Married on 08/18/2006

We had our reception here and were incredibly happy.

Jody · Married on 10/01/2016

There was a little bit of confusion with final invoice and price as there was more than one person I dealt with at the end and we had an extra amount to pay than expected but the staff was fantastic and very accommodating. Beautiful day and weather, boat was clean, everything worked well!! A great alternative for any occasion; food was fantastic!

Jessica · Married on 03/30/2007

4.2
      3.5

The Lowell Inn provided an intimate dinner for 30 in their garden room. Due to a death in the family, we had to reschedule at the last minute and they were more than understanding and willing to accommodate our changes. The staff was great, as was the food and service, and the price was awesome considering what a great experience we had.

Overall great night! Good service, boat captain and excellent food (no seriously it really was great buffet food). We were very pleased!

3.8
      3.0

Overall, I was super happy with our reception venue. It is a beautiful place, the food was excellent and the day-of service was great. Because the Lowell Inn is still building their wedding business with their new event center, we were able to get pretty good value for our money. The main downfall with the venue was the planning team prior to the big day. There was a not a specified "wedding planner" assigned to us, so we worked with a variety of people to plan our big day. By the wedding date, I felt like I knew the whole staff because I had spent so much time planning with each of them. The planning seemed a little disorganized and scattered, which made me nervous for the big day, but everything went off just fine. The worst was after I had paid my deposit a year ago, and then they called me 2 weeks later to see if I was still interested in the date... because they had forgotten/not realized I had already booked and paid the deposit. Nerve-wrecking? Yes. But everything came together great.

The only other difficulty was that they only have 30-35 hotel rooms, so you have to book other hotel room blocks nearby, which fill up crazy fast.

Overall though, super happy we held our wedding here. In my opinion, best reception venue in Stillwater, hands down.

2.8
      1.0
      1.0

We chose the Lowell Inn for its beauty in charm to host our wedding. The value was great! However dealing with two of the front desk/main associates really dampened our planning process. This should be a magical time...planning your wedding. The front desk staff/wedding staff were rude, short tempered, and confusing. I felt that nothing we discussed was being recorded or acknowledged, so we had to ask that invoices be sent to us to confirm. During our walk through of the reception hall we felt rushed and as if we were "bothersome." Luckily I had a planner that dealt with them most of the time but I was very unimpressed. They really didn't try to accommodate us when asked. The "story" of what costs extra, added fees, and day of timeline were constantly changing. It seemed that it depended on who you spoke with. My guests at my wedding complained to me all weekend about how rude the staff was, specifically Alex and Judy. They stated that they would blatantly roll their eyes at them and simply say "we can't help you or we don't do that." Its sad that such a beautiful venue/hotel is being managed by such people. I will say that Leah the manager was very helpful and nice when we spoke with her, I wish we would have dealt with her the whole time. Our wedding was perfect because I married the love of my life, but it was unfortunate to have this experience and to hear my guests dissatisfaction....especially because we brought them a lot of business. very disappointed. I really wanted to post this review so that Leah could work on making some changes, because I know this place has so much potential.

Kate · Married on 07/17/2010

2.6
      2.0
      2.0

I had my reception at the Lowell Inn. We had approximately 125 guests. The wedding coordinator was extremely difficult to work with initially and attempted to charge us for things that were not originally discussed. Little attempt was made to insure we were happy with the planning portion of the event. The chef however was amazing. The food was delicious and she did her best to insure our happiness. The event itself went relatively smoothly and the staff, on the night of the event, was really great. Everything leading up to the event however, was more painful than it needed to be.