17 Reviews for St. Croix Boat & Packet Co.

User Photos
Covered Outdoor (1)
Cake (1)
Event Planning (1)
17 St. Croix Boat & Packet Co. Reviews

Amazing! From day one, they were accommodating and knew what they were doing. They had the whole process down and made me feel like at ease. I would highly recommend this venue. Stillwater is such an amazing and beautiful place for a wedding. The staff was icing on the cake. They always checked on us and got us anything we requested. They really went above and beyond to make our wedding memorable. We are planning on doing a dinner cruise for our anniversary every year.

Profile Picture Jeana, 9/16/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Overall great experience. The people we have worked with have been flexible, friendly and very accommodating in putting together just what we want for pour day!

Profile Picture User4284802, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Oh my! I don't even know where to begin! Amy and Karina are the BEST to work with! Of course, we requested Captain Dan, who is the MASTER of navigating the boats! He took us where no wedding had gone all year! The views of the beautiful St. Croix were amazing as we were enjoying a delicious dinner after our ceremony. Our guests were so intrigued and fascinated by the beauty of the river. The staff was TOP NOTCH - everyone loved them. Hands down - The BEST wedding our guests have ever attended. They are STILL talking about it!

Profile Picture Lisa, 9/17/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

Our wedding was elegant and perfect! Thank you so much to the crew and office staff. From the first contact a year and 2 months before our wedding to when the very last guest got off the boat, everyone was very friendly, attentive and helpful. Our guest raved about how fantastic the wedding was and how unique and beautiful the boat was. We were on the Showboat the evening of Oct 8th, 2016. They are well prepared and knew how to make your event go smoothly and this allowed us to be able to enjoy our wedding. We had an issue with the mic and sound system on the boat. It was confusing to use and the staff was even confused with it. Just a bit more training for the staff would take care of this quickly. Even though we had that minor issue, I would highly recommend using this vendor. Oh and the food was the talk of the night also. Thanks again guys for making our event perfect. You truly are a class act!! Justin & Robert

Profile Picture Justin, 8/27/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Linens, Chairs, Indoor, Covered Outdoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Outside Cake, Event Planning

The Grand Banquet hall is beautiful! Words can't describe the view! Received so many compliments on food Chris, the chef, was amazing to work with, let us reschedule quite a few times for the tasting since my (now husband) is in the service. Emails were always responded to right away. Just a dream to work with!

Profile Picture Nikki, 8/6/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Could not have asked for a better reception location! We rented out the Majestic Star (the yaht type boat rather than a paddleboat). It was the perfect size for our wedding - invited 225 and had 175 in attendance. The Majestic Star is 4 levels, most people were either on the upper deck or the dance floor but it was nice to have the bottom level which has couches for people to sit and catch up. It was incredibly easy to decorate as obviously the trip on the St. Croix is the best part so we kept everything to a minimum to highlight the outdoors. Everyone raved about it and even people that we told who were not at the wedding thought the boat idea was fantastic. The staff were polite and welcoming. I was always able to reach someone and get a quick answer. Some of the wait staff even helped carry out decor after the wedding! The boat moves so slowly and calmly that you really don't feel it, some of our guests who get motion sickness said they were fine the entire night. The boat itself is beautiful, very clean, and maintained very well. The pricing was amazing, espesially if you are wanting to get married in Stillwater.
As for the catering: I loved that St Croix Boat Package and the Grand Banquet Hall work together, it made booking everything very easy as it was only one payment. We opted to do a plated meal but you can also do a buffet style but with the amount of people we had we thought a buffet line might get a little long. The food was amazing - we served chicken marsala with a tangy salad, asparagus, and mashed potatos. No complaints! They also offer a vegetarian option that everyone loved as well. We went with them to do our cake which was a great idea! We brought on a small sweetheart cake so that we could cut it and everyone else was served a vanilla lemon cake, it was delicious! The catering staff was wonderful prior to the reception and we had a tasting for $100 for 6 people! For a seated, plated dinner you cannot beat the pricing.

Profile Picture Maja, 5/14/16, 11 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake
Services Used: Chairs, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Outside Cake, Linens, Cake

We had our ceremony and reception and the Grand Banquet Hall on March 7, 2015. Chris, the chef, was amazing to work with! He met with us on multiple occasions and answered emails in a timely manner. The staff was so helpful and friendly! The food was AMAZING! The inside of the venue is beautiful! I would highly recommend them!!!

Profile Picture Marta, 3/7/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our Wedding day could have not gone better. All staff and everyone did everything to make this day magical. Thank you all for all the hard work to our big day...

cheers!!! to Happy Life

Profile Picture Inna, 9/20/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

They did an outstanding job on working with us! I would do business with them over and over again!

Profile Picture Heather, 6/22/08, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our reception here and were incredibly happy.

Profile Picture Emily, 8/18/06, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

There was a little bit of confusion with final invoice and price as there was more than one person I dealt with at the end and we had an extra amount to pay than expected but the staff was fantastic and very accommodating. Beautiful day and weather, boat was clean, everything worked well!! A great alternative for any occasion; food was fantastic!

Profile Picture Jody, 10/1/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location
4.3

The Lowell Inn provided an intimate dinner for 30 in their garden room. Due to a death in the family, we had to reschedule at the last minute and they were more than understanding and willing to accommodate our changes. The staff was great, as was the food and service, and the price was awesome considering what a great experience we had.

Profile Picture Jessica , 3/30/07, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Overall great night! Good service, boat captain and excellent food (no seriously it really was great buffet food). We were very pleased!

Profile Picture Jacquie, 7/20/13, 6 Reviews
3.9

Overall, I was super happy with our reception venue. It is a beautiful place, the food was excellent and the day-of service was great. Because the Lowell Inn is still building their wedding business with their new event center, we were able to get pretty good value for our money. The main downfall with the venue was the planning team prior to the big day. There was a not a specified "wedding planner" assigned to us, so we worked with a variety of people to plan our big day. By the wedding date, I felt like I knew the whole staff because I had spent so much time planning with each of them. The planning seemed a little disorganized and scattered, which made me nervous for the big day, but everything went off just fine. The worst was after I had paid my deposit a year ago, and then they called me 2 weeks later to see if I was still interested in the date... because they had forgotten/not realized I had already booked and paid the deposit. Nerve-wrecking? Yes. But everything came together great.

The only other difficulty was that they only have 30-35 hotel rooms, so you have to book other hotel room blocks nearby, which fill up crazy fast.

Overall though, super happy we held our wedding here. In my opinion, best reception venue in Stillwater, hands down.

Profile Picture Megan, 8/25/12, 5 Reviews
2.8

We chose the Lowell Inn for its beauty in charm to host our wedding. The value was great! However dealing with two of the front desk/main associates really dampened our planning process. This should be a magical time...planning your wedding. The front desk staff/wedding staff were rude, short tempered, and confusing. I felt that nothing we discussed was being recorded or acknowledged, so we had to ask that invoices be sent to us to confirm. During our walk through of the reception hall we felt rushed and as if we were "bothersome." Luckily I had a planner that dealt with them most of the time but I was very unimpressed. They really didn't try to accommodate us when asked. The "story" of what costs extra, added fees, and day of timeline were constantly changing. It seemed that it depended on who you spoke with. My guests at my wedding complained to me all weekend about how rude the staff was, specifically Alex and Judy. They stated that they would blatantly roll their eyes at them and simply say "we can't help you or we don't do that." Its sad that such a beautiful venue/hotel is being managed by such people. I will say that Leah the manager was very helpful and nice when we spoke with her, I wish we would have dealt with her the whole time. Our wedding was perfect because I married the love of my life, but it was unfortunate to have this experience and to hear my guests dissatisfaction....especially because we brought them a lot of business. very disappointed. I really wanted to post this review so that Leah could work on making some changes, because I know this place has so much potential.

Profile Picture User2893315, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
2.6

I had my reception at the Lowell Inn. We had approximately 125 guests. The wedding coordinator was extremely difficult to work with initially and attempted to charge us for things that were not originally discussed. Little attempt was made to insure we were happy with the planning portion of the event. The chef however was amazing. The food was delicious and she did her best to insure our happiness. The event itself went relatively smoothly and the staff, on the night of the event, was really great. Everything leading up to the event however, was more painful than it needed to be.

Profile Picture Kate, 7/17/10, 5 Reviews