St. Charles Country Club Reviews

61 | Saint Charles, IL

61 Reviews for St. Charles Country Club

Sue Bianco · Married on 10/10/2020

Excellent venue and staff triple times over!

My daughters Wedding was October 10th, 2020 during Covid-19. I can't express enough on how Carla and her staff were very caring, professional, honest, and flexible. We had many twists and turns due to Covid-19 and Carla made it so easy for us not to worry. Not to mention the venue is absolutely gorgeous. Carla is excellent in making the venue look absolutely stunning for your event. All my events in the future will be at the St. Charles Country Club! I want to give Carla and her staff a bunch of air hugs and Thanks for making my daughters wedding Day so special in such difficult times! Cheers to you Carla! Sue Bianco

Sent on 10/26/2020

Karen Van Acker · Married on 02/29/2020

Absolutely Beautiful!!

The St. Charles Country Club is an absolutely perfect venue for anyone looking for a gorgeous reception and low-stress planning process! Carla gave us vendor recommendations (all of which were FANTASTIC) and she worked closely with our florist. I had brought a lot of my own DIY decorations and displays a couple days in advance, and they did ALL the set-up. I knew it would look absolutely wonderful, and they did not disappoint! They are eager to personalize your day and work hard to make it special. Our family and friends are still raving over the delicious food and elegant ambiance at the reception. Thank you, Carla, and St. Charles Country Club!

Sent on 06/05/2020
  • Brittany

Brittany Kahn · Married on 10/05/2019

Perfection

My husband and I got married here earlier this month and I am still beaming! Everything about the wedding day and the entire planning process was absolutely perfect. I always thought I would be one of those brides that gets super stressed out and overwhelmed with the planning process. But as soon as I met Carla, the event coordinator for the Club, I knew we were in the best hands. She has decades of wedding experience and truly cares about you as a couple and making you happy. We had a strict budget, and Carla went SO above and beyond what we could have ever imagined to make it the wedding of our dreams. Her expertise was evident from the very beginning, and we never had any worries that everything would go smoothly. Knowing that she cared just as much about our day as we did took away so much of the stress of the whole process, and allowed us to just have fun. Carla helped with our flowers (which were BEYOND perfection) and completely transformed the ballroom into the perfect intimate setting for both our ceremony and reception. The food is amazing as well - and the service is amazing, so professional. Carla is so talented at making sure everything runs on time and smoothly - it seems like most weddings run behind schedule or feel like the dinner portion takes forever - we actually ran ahead of schedule which gave us even more time to dance and mingle after dinner! The venue has so many beautiful backdrops for photos, and whether the ceremony is inside or outside, you can't go wrong. So many of our guests were raving over the beautiful view of the sunset from the veranda and got some amazing photos! All of our guests had a great time - my husband and I and our parents are still getting compliments on how beautiful the evening was. I truly don't think anything could have been more perfect about our wedding day.

Sent on 10/18/2019
  • Stephanie

Stephanie Losey · Married on 09/21/2019

Could't have asked for a better wedding venue

We where married September 21st 2019 and had the best night of our lives thanks to St. Charles Country Club and their amazing event coordinator Carla Keeney! Carla was with us from beginning to end. She gave us recommendations on DJ, cake bakeries and photographers. She was with us from beginning to end making sure that everything went off without a hitch. Carla took care of decorating for the wedding so that I could focus on other parts of the wedding and the out of town guests. When we got to the venue on the day of our wedding Carla had golf carts for us to take out to do pictures and umbrellas because we where graced with rain on our wedding day. We where able to use the womens locker room to freshen up and store our belongings for the night. The Venue is gorgous and the servers where very profession, polite and met all of our needs. I would recommend St. Charles country club to anyone who is looking for a hassle free, upscale venue site!! 10/10!!

Sent on 09/22/2019
  • Kasey

Kasey Forester · Married on 07/09/2019

Amazing Venue with Even Better Coordinator!

Carla at St. Charles Country Club is absolutely amazing! She had phenomenal vendor recommendations for us to use, is super organized, friendly, efficient and a wealth of knowledge. Everything ran smoothly the day of our wedding all thanks to Carla! You're truly getting a lot of value at St. Charles Country Club with all that's included and that they provide. We received multiple compliments from our guests on how fantastic the food was (your guests will not leave here hungry!). Carla and St. Charles Country Club went above and beyond to make our wedding day perfect, and we could not be more happier with our decision!

Sent on 10/15/2019
  • Katie

Katie Kaltenmark · Married on 07/06/2019

If you want a BEAUTIFUL, AMAZING wedding, talk to CARLA!!

First of all, let me say that 5 stars is not enough to rate Carla. Carla is out of this world amazing. I would give her all the stars if I could! I cannot even believe how much of a breeze this wedding was for my husband and me because of Carla. I hear horror stories of brides going crazy trying to plan their weddings, but Carla handled it in a professional and stress-free way. Carla knew exactly what I wanted from the first meeting I had with her and I trusted her the whole way to do what she does best: weddings! I can truly say that the venue was absolutely BEAUTIFUL. More beautiful than I could have imagined. The food was delicious. And everything about the wedding went smooth. Carla's recommendations for vendors were absolutely amazing. From the DJ, to the cake, to the invites, to the flowers, everything was absolutely gorgeous. Carla even surprised me with a beautifully decorated swing on the golf course. She even made flowers for our dog to wear and come take pictures with us!!! I wanted to cry I was so happy and pleased with how the whole evening went! Weeks later we are still getting compliments, and even thank you notes (for our own wedding!) because of Carla. We could not have done it without Carla, and the appreciation I have for what she does is out of this world! If you are looking for someone that truly listens to your vision and has a true talent in the wedding world, Carla is your girl!

Sent on 07/24/2019

Katie · Married on 06/15/2019

Wedding Reception

Outstanding venue!!! Carla was attentive and listened carefully to all of our ideas. She then gave us options and continued to make our wedding reception very special and personalized for us!! Food was absolutely delicious!! People are still complimenting us weeks later. Her connections and recommendations for DJ, cake and florist were just right for our event. The room looked stunning when we walked in for the first look. Pictures on the golf course were so much fun for our photographers, and all in our wedding party and family. Pictures came out amazing!! We were the only event which is what we sought. It was a wonderful night. Thanks to all of the staff for their assistance. Special thanks to Carla. She was there at all steps of the process and throughout the night. Amazing!!

Sent on 07/09/2019

Ami · Married on 06/08/2019

Perfect wedding ceremony & reception. Couldn’t have asked for more.

The venue itself is beautiful. Very well kept up and it is a large space. Lots of room for personal decorations. The food was very good and came out hot! We got a lot of compliments on the dinner.
    Carla, the coordinator at the venue, is better than anyone you could hire. I had ZERO worries about our wedding day once we booked with her. She made the day run so smoothly, kept everything on track without making it obvious that she was doing so. She used every decoration that I brought in and made the place look amazing. Her work with Debbie on the flowers was stunning.
    I would highly recommend booking your special day at St Charles Country Club with Carla ... we had a perfect day!

Sent on 09/01/2019
  • Catherine

Catherine Poturalski · Married on 03/08/2019

The Perfect Day

We worked with Carla at the St. Charles Country Club and loved every minute of it. She was able to capture our vision and execute throughout the entire day. The service was great throughout the night. Everyone had a great time.

Sent on 10/18/2019
  • Karyn

Karyn · Married on 08/11/2018

St. Charles Country Club was a dream setting for our wedding. Carla is absolutely amazing!! She captured our vision and helped us with making decisions since she has over 30 years experience in the business. Carla helped us with cake, flowers, and the DJ. She made our outdoor ceremony space absolutely gorgeous, and the reception space was beautiful. I'm not sure how other brides plan their weddings without her, because she made things completely stress free! The food was delicious (we had the pretzel crusted chicken and everyone raved about it!) and every detail was perfect. Thank you St. Charles Country Club!

Sent on 08/25/2018

Drennan · Married on 06/23/2018

Impeccable everything! Carla at STCC made everything incredibly easy throughout the entire planning process. From our first meeting, she made us so comfortable with her knowledge and professionalism. She mastered it all! From the food selections to the flowers, music to the linens, and all the tiny details in-between - Carla truly listened to our vision and made it become a reality. Our wedding day was an absolute dream and stress free because we knew that she had it under control! But even better, she completely exceeded our expectations and we were blown away when we saw the ceremony site and reception room all set up. Stunning! Our guests can't stop talking about how it was the most beautiful and fun wedding that they've ever been to. We will certainly look to host future events at STCC with Carla!

Sent on 06/27/2018

Carolyn · Married on 06/02/2018

I Can't say enough great things about Carla Keeney at St.Charles Country Club!! She is truly wonderful and couldn't have done it without her great assistance/coordination. Still getting compliments on how beautiful she made everything from the picture spots to the table set up/cocktail area to the gorgeous flowers at the church and reception and even the rehearsal dinner (Deb's Design Florist along with Carla, put together an unbelievable beautiful venue). The food and presentation was the most delicious I have ever eaten. The chef is unbelievable! I would recommend St. Charles Country Club to anyone I know getting married.

Sent on 07/26/2018

Amanda · Married on 05/12/2018

Everything was stunning! Carla did an amazing job helping us pick out everything! No detail was missed, from the food, the flowers, linens, chairs, tables and all the tiny details in-between. She made the vision of our wedding come to life. I’m not sure our wedding would have turned out as great as it did, if it wasn’t for Carla and all the staff at the club. She made is stress free and helped with everything she could. I never worried about anything happening that day because I knew it was going to run smoothly. I still remember walking into the reception room and seeing how breathtaking every detail was. It was a day I’ll never forget!

Sent on 07/27/2018

Allison · Married on 04/07/2018

I'm not sure how to fully describe and compliment Carla and the staff at the St. Charles Country Club. Every step of the way was so enjoyable with special thanks to Carla's professionalism, vision, and work ethic. She is one of the best in the business and this venue wouldn't be the same without her. She is a true artist and so gifted. Originally, I wasn't planning on a country club venue, rather I was hoping for a loft, but Carla ensured, delivered and transformed this venue into the place of my dreams. I cried when I saw the room- it was stunning and everything I dreamed of. The service was phenomenal, the food was impeccable (and hot!), and the amenities/grounds for photos are like nothing else. Carla personally works and collaborates with floral, the bakery (she put finishes on the cake), and rental companies to make your day perfect (No need for a wedding planner). This is a five star establishment and Carla is their shining star.

Sent on 05/16/2018

Rachel · Married on 12/30/2017

The St Charles Country Club is second to none in terms of a wedding venue. Carla (the event coordinator) went absolutely above and beyond to ensure the day was a success. Two months after the wedding, guests are still continuing to comment on how our wedding was the most beautiful wedding they had ever attended! The time and effort put into the ceremony and reception was exceptional! I would highly recommend this venue to any couple considering the St Charles Country Club for their wedding and reception venue.

Sent on 02/12/2018

Madeline · Married on 09/30/2017

Having grown up in Saint Charles, I knew that I wanted to get married in my hometown. We looked everywhere in the area and this was our favorite - the ballroom, balcony, and remote golf course were all so beautiful. We picked it mainly for how it looked. What we did not know when we were picking this location, was how amazing the food, service, and event coordinator, Carla would be. Our guests raved about the food ( we had the pretzel crusted chicken), and everyone seemed to have a genuinely good time. Carla and her team checked on us and our guests frequently- kept our drinks full, and managed the timeline and event from start to finish- keeping things moving along in an efficient manner. She had lots of ideas and suggestions during the planning process, saved us money with some decor she already had at the venue , and made all of our visions come to reality on the day. She also came up with creative solutions for things that went wrong ( our seating chart had the wrong date on it-and she is the one that noticed and was able to fix it without my noticing) Highly recommend!

Sent on 12/22/2017

Mary · Married on 09/02/2017

Carla Keeney the event coordinator at the St. Charles Country Club in beautiful St. Charles, IL is beyond awesome!!!!! Brides, trust me on this, I am the mother of a bride who had her reception at St. Charles Country Club on 9/2/17. My daughter is very, very picky and knows what she wants. Carla was fabulous with all the planning, keeping the bride calm and when she showed me a sneak look at the ballroom, I literally was overwhelmed with joy of the beautifully decorated room. Trust Carla and all her vendors!!!!!!! I have had compliments coming my way for weeks after the wedding. You will not go wrong with this venue and scheduled EARLY!!! since they book weddings fast.

Sent on 09/19/2017

Jennifer · Married on 08/26/2017

We had our ceremony and reception at the St. Charles Country Club in August of this year, and we could not be happier with how our big day turned out! Carla helped us plan every detail, from the table linens to the cake to the flowers, and our wedding was a dream come true. The entire staff was professional and friendly, and our guests were extremely happy with the service. We highly recommend this venue to anyone getting married!

Sent on 10/23/2017

Allison · Married on 02/18/2017

I could not have been happier with St. Charles Country Club for my reception. Carla was absolutely amazing!

She coordinated our timeline leading up to the day and ensured the night of ran like clockwork. The food was all served in perfect timing, and she ensured the whole bridal party was fed. She even boxed up 2 meals for my flowergirl who got sick and her grandmother who had to take her home early. So sweet of her!

She also decorated the room exactly how I wanted it. I had a vision but am not the best at articulating it or putting it together. She must have read my mind because it turned out amazingly! It was so classy and upscale, with all the details I was looking for. It was beautiful!

I also really appreciated her vendor recommendations; everyone was reasonably priced and great to work with. I also really appreciated her letting us use the course for the engagement pictures and wedding pictures. They turned out beautifully!

All in all I could not have asked for a better venue and do not know what I would have done without Carla's help! Thank you, thank you!

Sent on 09/04/2017

Mollie · Married on 10/08/2016

I could not envision a better location to get married! It was absolutely perfect! I came in with some extreme visions for the wedding, but Carla made it happen! Carla can make ANYTHING happen...trust me :) I would have my wedding here 100 times over.

Sent on 10/11/2016

Allison · Married on 07/16/2016

I am so glad I picked St. Charles country club for my venue. Not only was the venue beautiful, but you get the wonderful, Carla, to help you with absolutely EVERYTHING. She is your own personal wedding planner. Without her I do not know how I would have made it! I am so thankful she was with me every step of the way to remind what's next and to allow me to have a stress free planning experience and wedding day. She took care of everything and went above and beyond for me. I had the best day of my life!

Sent on 07/30/2016

Kasia · Married on 06/04/2016

The venue and the grounds are absolutely stunning. There are so many fabulous spots for perfect photos. Even if it's a rainy day, the interior of the venue is beautiful for photos as well.

We just had our ceremony and reception on 7/2/16, and we couldn't be more pleased. Carla was such a pleasure to work with. She didn't want us to break a single sweat. Everything went perfectly and smoothly with both the ceremony and reception.

If we had to choose, the best thing out of everything was probably the food. We got the steak and pretzel crusted chicken with a twice baked potato and veggies, and it was just delectable. Every single guest we went up to first told us we looked great, and then said the food was amazing, so they definitely loved it!

To me, this was a total no brainer. As soon as you pull up, you're just struck by the beautiful scenery and long driveway up to the building. I recommend this venue 110%.

Sent on 07/03/2016

Anna · Married on 03/19/2016

We are very happy with our decision to hold our wedding reception at the St. Charles Country Club. Every aspect of the planning and evening itself was perfect. The setting is beautiful and everything from the flowers/decorations, the food preparation to the friendly and professional staff were outstanding. Carla Keeney was extremely helpful and accommodating, making the planning process stress-free and every aspect of the evening perfect. Our reception for 200 guests was held in the main ballroom, with cocktails in the lounge area. Everyone had a wonderful time and it was a perfect wedding party that will long be remembered!

Sent on 03/21/2016

Amy · Married on 01/03/2016

What a perfect place for a winter wedding! From the reception to the ceremony our wedding was amazing. Stress-free, beautiful and FUN. Carla Keeney helped with every detail and her wonderful staff were friendly and there when we needed anything. We held the reception in the main ballroom and had our guests enter the lounge area which was beautifully decorated. While our guests were entertained in the lounge Carla's team swooped in and changed the room to be set up for dinner and dancing. We were able to sneak out during this time and get some PERFECT photos - what an amazing backdrop the snowy golf course made. My favorite part was that every guest said our wedding was the best they had been to in a long time! I am so happy we found St. Charles Country Club to have our wedding.

Sent on 01/22/2016

Heather · Married on 10/03/2015

WOW! Is what my now husband and I heard all night long. Even though I am detailed-oriented and took on our wedding with full force, I could not have pulled any of it off without the hand of Carla Keeney. Carla and her crew truly delivered! I am someone who wants everything to be perfect and we wanted our wedding to be our own. As we sorted through some of our differences of opinions, Carla respected our wishes and made our wedding day perfect! Even with over 270 people present! Our friends and family have easily told us that our wedding was the BEST wedding they've ever been to! Obviously we agree, but then again we are biased. Please go take a trip to St. Charles Country Club! You won't regret a thing!

Sent on 11/02/2015