Spring Hill Manor Reviews

111 | Rising Sun, MD

111 Reviews for Spring Hill Manor

Liana · Married on 05/14/2016

An elegant barn with antiques and decorations. You do not need any extra decorations but may bring whatever you want.
    Not tied to any vendors.
    Jamie, the owner goes above and beyond to provide the wedding you envision.
    It was perfect!

Sent on 05/17/2016

We could not have been more pleased with how everything turned out for our wedding day. Jamie offered us continuous support through the planning and execution of our day and we felt so blessed to have found a venue that fit our vision perfectly. Spring Hill Manor is absolutely gorgeous - but Jamie put this place over the top. He help set up, tear down, load and unload, and was there to support the other vendors throughout their work. We only hope that we can attend an event at Spring Hill Manor again in the future!

Sent on 05/15/2016

Celeste · Married on 04/30/2016

My daughter had selected this venue for her wedding and it was a wonderful choice. The barn's inside decor and outside, made for some very beautiful picture taking. Jamie was very accomodating and caring, He oversaw everything from rehearsal thru wedding day. He had an answer or suggestions for ALL my questions. Spring Hill Manor what can I say is simply a gorgeous, beautiful and serene location. And the venue includes a pool, sitting areas, and makes it such a nice place for a gathering and moving about vs being in a one room venue at a country club. Thank you again to Jamie's attention to his details with his barn, stunning place !

Sent on 05/05/2016

Devon · Married on 10/24/2015

Spring Hill Manor was the perfect venue for my wedding reception. This venue is like no other out there.. be prepared to be blown away with it's uniqueness and beauty. It was the ONLY place I looked at.. once I saw it I knew this is where I had to have my reception. James the owner is amazing.. he is so thoughtful and helpful. From showing us the venue, to answering emails, to helping with the set up and day of events he was there 100%. He even built me a shelf for me to hang my LOVE light on the wall and hung a sign on the wall I was having trouble with.. it so nice to hear " Do not worry this will be taken care"!!! My guests are still saying it was the wedding of the century! They cannot get over how amazing the venue, it has a little of everything. If you choose Spring Hill Manor you will not be disappointed. TIP- Do the full weekend option.. it was so helpful to be able to come Friday and set up and not be on a time clock.. and then Sunday you can come back and get everything. It helps so much and alleviates a ton of stress for the bride and family.

Sent on 11/13/2015

Chelsea · Married on 10/18/2015

Wow. How do I even start with this. I could not have been more pleased by this venue and the owner. Our wedding absolutely would not have been the same had we had it anywhere else. The owner Jamie bent over backward to help make our day perfect. He was there helping with anything and everything without even being asked. This barn and the grounds it stands on are breathtaking. No decorating is needed because alone it's the most beautiful barn you will ever come across. Honestly my husband and I plan on having our anniversary parties here for years to come and are telling all our friends to get married here. Trust me you won't regret a thing when you pick this place. It will be everything you ever wanted and more.

Sent on 10/20/2015

Celina · Married on 10/04/2015

This venue is absolutely amazing, Jaime does an amazing job of decorating and keeping the appearance up and just providing support to the Bride, Groom and the family. Over the year and half that we were in contact with him, he was responsive and informative. He gave us details whenever we asked about things from how many tables to what sizes and shape. He helped with the flow of the ceremony, which made the rehearsal smooth and the day of the wedding went even better. I would recommend that if you want a rustic look or even if you are not particular about the "theme" and just want a welcoming venue at a great value and an amazing owner, go with Spring Hill Manor. This was a terrific experience all around.

Sent on 10/26/2015

Our wedding was held at Spring Hill Manor. The location is beautiful, the owners are amazing and we could not imagine the thought of us having our wedding anywhere else. My husband and I are beyond pleased.

Sent on 10/12/2015

Dawn · Married on 09/26/2015

Spring Hill Manor is the most beautiful venue I have seen I was so happy with everything, there were so many places for guests to hang out and not feel like you are stuck in a room for the entire wedding. The ceremony space is beautiful Jamie does such a wonderful job decorating for each season the decorations I needed were minimal all I had was table flowers and a sign or two and it was gorgeous! Jamie was so nice and we really had a lot of fun with him. He was very helpful in finding vendors when we were so overwhelmed with the many choices out there. We could bring in our own alcohol which was great but worried me that we would run out and not know Jamie to the rescue he knew exactly what to do he helped with how to set up things I didn't use a wedding planner but with Jamie I didn't need to he took care of everything day of and was so great talking to guests throughout the day about the venue and making sure things went off without a hitch. He even had a pitcher ready for us as we walked out of the ceremony space to the cocktail hour after the ceremony he was such a joy to work with it was hard to say goodbye.

Sent on 10/24/2015

Our daughter had her wedding at Spring Hill Manor. How lucky we were her mother-in-law found this hidden jewel! Jamie, the owner was wonderful to work with. Unfortunately it had rained that day. Our daughter wanted to have her ceremony outside and Jamie was determined to make her dream come true. At the time the ceremony was to begin there was a break in the forecast. Jamie grabbed some chairs and passed out umbrellas. It sprinkled a little, but it was perfect. The vendor itself is beautiful! Everywhere you looked, there was something unique to look at. It was nicely decorated which saved us money. We don't have one complaint. Everything was wonderful. Still getting compliments of the wedding.

Becky N

Sent on 10/04/2015

Emily · Married on 09/05/2015

I got married at Spring Hill Manor over Labor Day weekend. I cannot say enough positive things about the venue or the owner! The barn is beautifully decorated with antiques and floral arrangements and the outdoor setting also is simply stunning. My husband and I loved that, like others noted, we were able to completely personalize ever aspect of the reception with the help of the owner, who bends over backwards to help you and make you happy, from recommendations for caterers, to actually walking around visiting with guests and serving them beer on the day of, everything about Spring Hill Manor is PERFECT, and my day could not have been better.

Sent on 09/10/2015
  • W

Whitney · Married on 06/27/2015

This was the most amazing venue (rain or shine)! The couple that owns the property treated me so well I felt like a part of their family! Not only did my now husband and I feel this way, but so did all of my guests. The owner goes above and beyond to make sure you feel prepared for your big day, and always responds to any inquiries in a timely manner. We love Spring Hill Manor!!!!

Sent on 07/06/2015

Jessye · Married on 06/13/2015

Spring Hill Manor is a truly special place to celebrate a wedding. Our friends and family have not stopped raving about how gorgeous and "magical" the venue was. Despite the heat (and it was hot!), it was the best party I've ever thrown (or been to) in the most fabulous location. We held our ceremony outside under the "moon gate," gravitated during cocktail hour in and around the outside of the barn, and invited our guests inside the barn for dinner. It looked so beautiful and we didn't need to do much to make it that way - it's a stunning place. We also took advantage of the pool at the end of the night.

It doesn't come as a surprise that the personality of the venue is a product of its owner. Words would not be adequate to convey our gratitude towards Jamie, the owner of Spring Hill Manor, for his constant attention and graciousness. This also goes for the support for over a year leading up to the event.

Sent on 07/21/2015

lisa · Married on 06/07/2015

Venue is spectacular! wedding was perfect and I did not need a wedding planner. Jamie (owner) was very professional and made sure everything went off without a hitch. We want go back for our 10th wedding anniversary.

Sent on 07/29/2015

Cynthia · Married on 05/17/2015

We had my daughters wedding at Spring Hill Manor, The Venue was beautiful and I can not say enough about Jamie...He is on top of everything . Our guest were even commenting on how wonderful he was..I would recommend this venue if you are looking for a barn rustic setting.. It was beautiful..

Sent on 05/21/2015

Robyn · Married on 05/16/2015

Our wedding was absolutely fabulous, and it was all thanks to Jamie and his incredible venue. This is a venue like no other, so if you are looking for a unique location with a ton of character- this is your place. The owner also lets you work with whichever vendors you like, which was wonderful for us as we have food allergies and had to contract a specific caterer that could accommodate us. We did our ceremony in the grass outside and the reception in the barn. Guests were raving about the location the entire day, and I'm quite sure several future events will be held there at their request!

Sent on 05/27/2015

Lynn · Married on 05/10/2015

This venue was perfect for us. The grounds and barn were gorgeous. Jamie was attentive and professional from the moment we met him. More like a friend than a business associate. Everyone said this was the best wedding they had ever attended. Truly a perfect day. We highly recommend this venue for anyone who wants a rustic style wedding with a lot of class and extras.

Sent on 05/17/2015
  • Crystal

Crystal · Married on 05/09/2015

We just had our wedding at Spring Hill Manor last weekend. It was simply amazing! If you are looking for a barn wedding, or rustic or vintage feel, look no further! My husband and I only looked at one venue, Soring Hill Manor, and booked immediately. We just knew it was the one! It is a stunningly beautiful place and is so unique, you will never see it anywhere else! Jamie, the owner, is absolutely wonderful. He helped us every step of the way and gave advice that was invaluable. On the day of the wedding, I saw Jamie all over the place doing anything that needed done, making sure us and our bridal party had beverages between the ceremony and having photos taken. He also has chairs and tables so you don't have to rent. My husband and I didn't spend a dime on decorations, aside from the linens and table centerpieces, because the barn and the entire grounds decorates itself. We were also able to decide on our own caterer and other vendors which was awesome. I highly recommend seeing this venue in person, you will just love it! Thank you Jamie and Marie for the best day we could have asked for!

Sent on 05/16/2015
  • W

wei · Married on 05/03/2015

lovely and special wedding venues. TAKE A VISIT!! you definitely will love this special places. James, the wedding venue manager, is really responsible and reliable. Thank you James! I had unforgettable wedding!

Sent on 05/05/2015
  • Z

zhuolun · Married on 05/03/2015

Spring Hill Manor is the most beautiful place for a wedding.We have never thought that we could have such a lovely place to hold our wedding.Every guest praises that this is an amazing place.We hold the ceremony outside and the reception inside the manor.The old-fashioned design is full of love.There are so much flowers and so much lovely art crafts in the manor that you even do not need decorate by yourself.There is a large swimming pool outside and you can take a drink with your friends in the pavilion near the pool at night.James,who is the owner of Spring Hill Manor, is a very warm-hearted person.Because we are foreigners,we are not familiar with the American style wedding,so he helps to arrange everything for us and make sure everything is in order.Without James,I can not have a fantastic wedding.I will cherish the memory of this place forever.
    You will not regret to choose this place as your wedding venue.

Sent on 05/06/2015

Jenna · Married on 05/02/2015

My husband and I knew we were going for a rustic country feel and it had to be somewhere where we felt totally comfortable being ourselves. Spring Hill Manor was the first venue we visited and we immediately fell in love with its old, country appeal. Even in the midst of the venues antique sale where the barn is basically covered from end to end with fun items, we still saw our wedding vision coming true. Jaime (the owner) is absolutely one of the nicest people we have ever met! He made everything so easy and non-stressful for us. He even served beer to my family and friends while we were taking our family and group shots during the cocktail hour:) The barn is already decorated so beautifully that there is hardly anything you need to add aside from your table decorations. I would absolutely recommend this venue to everyone because it is gorgeous and you can tell that Jamie loves what he does!!

Sent on 06/23/2015

Danielle · Married on 10/25/2014

I found Spring Hill Manor in a very unconventional way.... I saw photos online, and had to track down where they were taken through many people. And I'm so glad I did. The venue is out of this world gorgeous. I had no idea what type of wedding I wanted, but as soon as I saw this place I knew that was it. The search began and ended in one day. The space itself is full of personality and there are a ton of areas for guests to explore. Not only will your guests rave about the unique space, but you will have access to just about anything you want. The owner, Jamie Sherrard, and his wife collect antiques and interesting and unique things, some of which is on display, and some of which isn't. If you see something hidden away that you want to use, Jamie will get it for you right away, and has no problems with you using anything there! Not stopping there, he will assist you in any way he can, helping hang any décor you bring for your big day, coming up with new ideas for you, and making sure everything goes smoothly. Planning a wedding can be very stressful, but Jamie knows exactly what he is doing and will put your mind at ease if you book his venue.

Sent on 11/03/2014

Thea · Married on 10/04/2014

Ok, real talk: planning a DIY wedding is like a stress ball, wrapped in an anxiety attack, and finished with long-term stomach cramps. And this is from someone who has done event production for a living. We couldn't have pulled it off if it weren't for having an AMAZING venue and venue owner Jamie Sherrard helping us out.

Spring Hill Manor was the first venue we looked at and the last. For our DIY, unconventional fall wedding, it was the perfect venue. This renovated 18th-cent. barn is very well-appointed inside and out with antiques and TONS of GIANT pumpkins in the fall. Jamie does an outstanding job maintaining the venue. Also, there are multiple spaces for guests to spread out, dance, or hang out.

Jamie made sure everything went well, even with our slightly unconventional requests and last minute needs. For example, we had several displays of old family quilts, and, when we realized our planned hanging method would be very time consuming, he quickly helped us devise a convenient alternative.

Here's a breakdown of what you get for your money:
    - You get the whole weekend for set-up (Friday) and breakdown (Sunday).
    - You get chairs, tables, and nice indoor restrooms.
    - The venue does not require you to use any particular caterer or photographer. This allows you to customize your big day, and, in our case, allowed us to save $$$.
    - You get Jamie's help! His resourcefulness and eagerness to make sure everything goes perfectly alleviated so much of our stress.
    - You get SUCH a gorgeous venue, expertly decorated. We didn't buy a single flower and no one noticed.
    - The venue has great outdoors and indoors spaces. That way, you don't have to worry about the weather ruining your big day.
    - Your pictures are going to look SO amazing even if your photographer sucks (sidenote: our photographer did NOT suck)

We wish nothing but the best for Spring Hill Manor and the Sherrards. We look forward to booking it for our 10 year anniversary!

Sent on 10/15/2014

Lisa · Married on 09/27/2014

Spring hill manor was the perfect place to have our wedding. The venue was beautiful & the outside wedding couldn't have been more perfect! Just like in a fairy tale! If ur thinking about an outdoor rustic country wedding, then check out spring hill manor, you couldn't find a better venue. James Sherrard (the owner) is just the best! He went above & beyond to make out wedding day everything we ever dreamed of. I'm so glad to b happily married & thankful I was able to have the ceremony & reception at spring hill manor it truly was an amazing experience!

Sent on 10/07/2014

Kathleen · Married on 09/20/2014

My husband and I cannot say enough positive things about Spring Hill Manor and the owners!!!!!! We were the first on my side of the family to have a non-catholic/traditional wedding and were nervous about how our family would react. As soon as the guests arrived, Mr. Jamie greeted everyone and made them feel at home. The venue is picture perfect and the photographers were in awe! We have heard nothing but praises from our guests and everyone said it was "the best wedding" they have ever been to...including their own wedding!!!! Wish we could go back and do it all over!!!!! Mr. Jamie made it so easy and effortless for us!!!!! After our initial visit, we knew this was the place we were going to get married and canceled all of our other venue appointments!!! If we could give Spring Hill Manor a higher rating than 5, we definitely would! Thank you again to the Sherrards!!!!!!

Sent on 09/30/2014

Jennifer · Married on 09/13/2014

I couldn't of asked for a better wedding. All of our guest were just simply amazed! We went with our roots for our wedding and did a true country rustic wedding!

Sent on 09/16/2014