Spring Hill Manor Reviews

111 | Rising Sun, MD

111 Reviews for Spring Hill Manor

Melinda · Married on 10/15/2016

Let me start with I should have posted this sooner. Our wedding was October 15, 2016 - however we have been working like lunatics. This was the best money we have ever spent! Where to begin....I viewed this venue without my fiance to be and Jamie was so accommodating to be able to get me in the next weekend so that I could make sure to get the weekend we wanted for our wedding. He was always so friendly and welcoming. I work 7 days a week, 14 hours or more a day and every time I emailed Jamie or called with a question he was able to get back to me within a few hours if not sooner. He was always so prompt! When my ideas became crazy because everything was blending together he had such amazing helpful hints that made things run smooth. ! The venue itself is breathtaking. The photos on his website did not do it justice. I still hear from family and friends how elegant and timeless the venue looked. That it had a nice rustic feel but was just elegant enough. It also helped that Jamie takes such pride in the venue that all the decorations help piece everything together and allowed me to only buy add in decorations that I was completely in love with. Jamie's input really helped to keep me calm. I worried a lot with always being so busy but Jamie always reassured me that things would run smoothly, which they did. When setting up for the wedding Jamie helped put down table cloths, set out table runners and anything else I needed. Come wedding day he personally made sure that my family and guests were just as well taken care of rather then just myself and the groom. Come clean up, Jamie started to clear tables towards the end of the night and packed everything away with care. None of my family or us had to worry about cleaning up. We would use Spring Hill Manor again and again if we could. We would recommend this venue over any place we've ever been to a wedding at from service to price, everything was WAY beyond our expectations! - The Allender's

Sylvie · Married on 10/10/2016

This venue is stunning, from start to finish it was idyllic and perfect! Jamie the owner was flexible and so positive. He made sure to accommodate all of our requests and even had glasses of champagne waiting for us after our ceremony was finished! My guests loved chatting with him and he guided us through the entire day. I don't remember how we found the venue, I never grew up dreaming about my wedding but it feels like everything was predestined. Our wedding is still being talked about by all of our guests! It had everything from dancing, to a fire pit, to sitting in lush gardens! I look at our pictures and still can't believe that is my wedding! Very gay friendly and deaf friendly. Jamie was very helpful when I asked for suggestions: the bussing company was perfect and fun and the caterer was pure genius! I loved every second and every detail! Even with 3 weddings that weekend, we were made to feel like ours was the only one. I don't have enough good things to say about Jamie and Spring Hill manor!

Dwayne · Married on 10/07/2016

Jamie was a great help, especially since, my now, wife and I had no idea what we were doing. He made it possible for her and I to plan our own wedding and had the venue that made our wedding look very professionally put together. I would highly recommend Spring Hill Manor to anyone who is planning on getting married. Incredibly excellent!

Dani · Married on 10/01/2016

This is truly a unique, gorgeous and FUN place to hold any event, especially a wedding.There are so many different levels to explore with quiet places for conversations or louder areas to dance and enjoy the music. The barn is decorated with seasonal beauty that you really don't need much else. If you are lucky enough to have your ceremony outside, the garden is perfect with the newly installed stone path, more seasonal decorations and arbor. Jamie, your host, is organized, helpful and accomadating and responsive.. He is ever quietly present problem solving and assisting your catering staff if needed. This is a magical place that I know you will love as much as we did.

Sent on 10/14/2016

This was the first venue we visited and we knew that this was the place for us. I never was the girl who always pictured my wedding day but I was totally charmed by Spring Hill Manor. The owner, Jamie, is so passionate about the venue and putting on a perfect event that the energy is contagious. Jamie said from the beginning he would be as hands on or hands off as we liked/needed. My mom handled majority of my wedding planning (thank goodness) and the two of them worked together so well together! Wedding planning can be very stressful and Jamie made our lives easier any way he could. My guests LOVED the venue and talked about how great the owner was - running around and pouring drinks for people and making sure all was well. Would highly recommend to anyone looking for a unique rustic wedding.

Sarah · Married on 09/30/2016

I absolutely LOVED everything about this venue and Jamie, the owner! It's so beautiful and he was so nice and helpful. Once we walked back from our recessional, Jamie was waiting for us with beer, which my bridal party was ecstatic about! I can not say enough good things about this venue!

Sent on 01/05/2017

Rachel · Married on 09/24/2016

Everything about Spring Hill Manor and Jamie (owner) is AMAZING. This venue is so incredibly gorgeous and unique - All of our guests kept commenting throughout the night how Spring Hill Manor is the coolest venue they've ever been to, and how delightful Jamie is! There are so many different places to explore and hang out – There really is something for everyone.

Spring Hill Manor is more than just a beautiful venue with lots of character – Jamie puts his heart into everything he does, and has truly created a beautiful space. He was MORE than accommodating and helpful - It really felt like I had a wedding coordinator! He helped us with details I never thought about when looking at venues, like figuring out the table configurations, running our wedding party rehearsal, and being at the wedding all night to make sure everything went perfectly.

I literally can't put into words how amazing Jamie and his venue are, and can't thank him enough for making our wedding day perfect. If you are looking to book a venue... stop and book Spring Hill Manor now - It will be the best decision you make! :)

Sent on 09/30/2016

Laura · Married on 09/17/2016

We couldn't have imagined a more perfect setting for our wedding and rehearsal dinner than Spring Hill Manor. It was nothing short of magical - and worth EVERY penny. The meticulously maintained gardens and stunning barn was a gorgeous backdrop to our big day. Our friends and family were so impressed with the venue and raved about how beautiful it was - and also how generous and kind its owner, Jamie Sherrard was. We truly felt like we were part of Jamie's family as he did everything he could to make everything run smoothly. He was right there after the ceremony with a pitcher of beer for our wedding party and family. He is so thoughtful and personable, and definitely one of the reasons we felt so secure in our decision leading up to the wedding. After touring many venues where you really felt like a number and another cog in their corporate wheel, Jamie made us feel like we were his family. It was the most beautiful wedding thanks to Spring Hill. So unique and so special.

Sent on 10/04/2016

Words cannot express how pleased we were with Spring Hill manor for our wedding and rehearsal dinner. The venue is absolutely stunning and the owner, Jamie, made sure that everything was absolutely perfect for us. He truly treated us like family and we couldn't have been happier.

Jordan · Married on 09/11/2016

There is no better place to have an absolute perfect fairy tale wedding,me and my wife will forever be grateful for the most amazing wedding at the most wonderful venue on the planet!!!!

Sent on 09/17/2016

Lisa · Married on 09/09/2016

My husband and I were married at Spring Hill Manor on September 9th of this year. If you decide to have your wedding at this venue you will learn very quickly Jamie (the venue host) is amazing! This beautiful barn is part of his home and he truly makes you feel at home whether it is your first time visiting, rehersal, or the day of the event. We were sold 2 minutes into his grand tour. He was one of the first ones to greet us after the ceremony with ice cold drinks while getting pictures (it was unseasonably hot), and he just kept coming with them. He goes above and beyond for every request and he just gets it. He knows it is your special day and will do everything in his power to make it go smooth. He basically acts as your personal wedding coordinator, but only if you need/want him to be.

Not only do you get Jamie in this deal, but the barn/gardens/scenery speak for themselves. We truly had such a unique venue compared to the cookie cutter banquet rooms decorated to match your wedding colors. Nothing against this vision it simply was not ours. The decorating is done for you here. You of course have the option to spice it up with your own personal Pinterest visions (guilty), but the beauty of it is that you do not have to. The part I loved about it was that there were options for guests. People could walk around the gardens, some were downstairs by the pool, and others could mingle at the tables (which were long family style and makes seating charts much easier) . Our guests truly enjoyed the venue, and couldn't stop asking how we stumbled upon such a place. If we had to do it all again we wouldn't change a thing especially not the venue! We would highly recommend it.

Sent on 09/29/2016

Nicole · Married on 09/04/2016

What an amazing venue! I got married on 9/4 and Jamie (owner) is incredible! My guests loved everything about it. It is truly a one of a kind venue. My wedding day was above and beyond what I ever thought it could be. You will be truly glad to have this venue. It is stunning and the pictures for your wedding will be outstanding! It was a perfect day thanks to Jamie. He truly loves what he does. You will be so happy to have your wedding here.

Sent on 09/25/2016

Ashley · Married on 09/03/2016

I definitely recommend Spring Hill Manor for your special day! It was nothing short amazing! Jamie was the most helpful host/vendor. He went above and beyond in so many ways to make our wedding day the most special day so far! He's quick to respond to all calls and emails and he's done this for a long time so he knows what works. From the moment you visit Spring Hill Manor, you'll know it's the place for you!

Heidi · Married on 09/02/2016

This venue and the owner, Jamie, are AMAZING! We had our wedding there the first week of September and everything was perfect! Our guest list was small in comparison to other weddings that were held there (about 80 people) but we still filled the barn up with joy and happiness! Jamie was absolutely wonderful, everything I would think about doing, Jamie had already done. He was handing out beer to my guests, helping some carry their plates to the table and cleaning up. We could not thank Jamie enough for all of his help and work.

The venue is also stunning! We had a very limited budget and with all of the permanent decorations at the barn, you really do not need to add that much (or anything at all). There is so much to look at in the barn that our guests were walking around all night! We also had a TON of children and they kept occupied roaming the barn and land with out much worry from their parents. This venue was perfect and we could not have imagined anything else.

Sent on 09/12/2016

Ashley · Married on 08/27/2016

We received so many compliments on our venue, but what really makes Spring Hill Manor special is the quality of service from the owner, Jamie. He really makes sure the day flows flawlessly and makes sure everything goes off without a hitch. The venue is absolutely beautiful and Jamie is a joy to work with.

Sent on 09/09/2016

Ariane · Married on 06/26/2016

They are no words to describe the charm of Spring Hill Manor. In an hour we transformed this enchanted farm in Maryland into a Tuscany/South of France manor. Just Exquisite. In addition to the beauty and practicality of the venue, Jamie the owner was absolutely wonderful at every level. Gracious, helpful and supportive with the hosts as well as with the party's guests he made my daughter's wedding an event to be remembered by all who attended.

Sent on 06/28/2016

Hazel · Married on 06/25/2016

Spring Hill Manor is the most amazing place to host a wedding. The venue and grounds are absolutely beautiful. The venue owner, Jamie, is fantastic to work with. His expertise was very much appreciated throughout the whole process. From table arrangements to keeping things flowing the day of the wedding. Not to mention - how beautifully maintained the venue and grounds were. Our daughter's wedding was truly an awesome event experienced by all! Family and friends are raving about how wonderful it was.

Sent on 07/11/2016

Terri · Married on 06/24/2016

My daughter's wedding was made so very memorable by having it at Spring Hill Manor, owned and operated by James "Jamie" Sherrard. Jamie is the ultimate host/owner/trouble shooter. He helped us in every way imaginable, even with small things like meeting our daughter at the car with a lovely white lacy umbrella to keep her hair and gown dry in the brief (yay!) rain prior to the wedding ceremony. The grounds were immaculate, the flower gardens beautiful...I could go on and on. We will forever extoll the virtues of having a memorable wedding at Spring Hill Manor whenever we are asked "do you know of a good wedding venue?". We cannot praise this venue enough! Our daughter's dream wedding came true.

Sent on 07/06/2016

Megan · Married on 06/24/2016

We fell in love with this venue on our very first visit. It was everything we wanted, and the owner Jamie was a fantastic help. He offered so much valuable information on rentals, food services, etc. He acts as a great unofficial wedding planner. Spring Hill Manor offered us so many unique opportunities and the freedom to do things how we wanted, not how the venue owner wanted; in fact, Jamie encouraged us to be unique and free with our decisions! We highly recommend Spring Hill Manor to anyone getting married. It is truly a unique experience and your wedding/event will be so memorable for you and for your guests.

Sent on 12/24/2016

Kerry · Married on 06/11/2016

Let me start by saying....BOOK this fabulous venue now!! It is actually hard to write a review for how much I LOVED Spring Hill Manor because I have so much to praise! This is a beautiful space. Every inch of the barn has unique rustic antiques and gorgeous decorations, everywhere! The hanging stain glass is something you must see for yourself. Everything from the railings to the cobble stone have a story! He has so many decorations and things that you can utilize to make your wedding perfect (from bird cages for cards to antique cake stands). Jamie was very helpful when it came to my wedding plans and the wedding day itself! He wrote me long, detailed emails with advice and recommendations when I asked for them. He offered information to me that I would have never even thought about. I followed his advice to a T and my day was amazingly PERFECT! He was around for my entire wedding from set up to break down. He mingled with guests and was incredibly helpful to my wedding planner when she needed anything. If something was missing or someone was in need of something, Jamie had a solution!
    I know this must sound like an advertisement for them.....but I truly did have the best wedding imaginable. It has been almost a month since our wedding day at Spring Hill Manor and I am still receiving texts and emails about how amazing this venue was and much fun they had. I have been a bridesmaid and a guest in at least 35 weddings in the last ten years and have a lot of long term friends from childhood who have been to the same weddings with me. EVERYONE kept saying how amazed they were with Spring Hill Manor and how impressed they were and how my wedding was literally their favorite yet! This is almost 100% due to Jamie's advice and suggestions offered to my husband and I. This guy knows what he is doing!

At least visit this place.....its awesome

Sent on 07/07/2016

Emily · Married on 06/10/2016

We had the most amazing day and I cannot praise Jamie enough for his help throughout the planning process and on our special day. The venue was fantastic, all of our guests raved about the cocktail hour around the pool and dinner in the barn. We had almost 170 guests and Jamie helped us rearrange the tables in the barn to comfortably accommodate everyone.
    Jamie was available throughout the entire wedding day, helping our guest, helping us with pictures and making sure my husband and I had a flawless day. I loved every minute of our wedding day and that is largely due to how helpful Jamie was and how enchanting this venue was.

Sent on 07/10/2016

This is truly the most fabulous and unique venue full of so much character. We had our wedding ceremony and reception here in June and we couldn't have been happier with how everything turned out. The entire grounds are absolutely beautiful and the barn itself is filled with so much unique décor and antiques - part of the reason we chose this venue is the fact that there is already so much there, so we did not need to worry about bringing many decorations etc. We wanted more of a "cocktail" style reception where guests could mingle and Spring Hill Manor offered the perfect atmosphere for this with all of the different areas in and surrounding the barn for guests to hang around. The venue owner, Jamie, was a godsend and the minute we met him, we knew that this venue was the one for us. He truly goes above and beyond to answer any and all questions during planning and offered a helping hand wherever necessary the day of the wedding. Every one of our guests that got a chance to speak with him raved about how nice and helpful he was. I honestly cannot say enough about how wonderful Jamie and this venue are. I highly recommend booking it - you will not regret it! Thank you Jamie for playing such a huge role in making our big day unforgettable!

Sent on 06/27/2016

Sent on 06/27/2016

Phillip · Married on 06/04/2016

You have to take this venue into consideration! I never thought my wedding could be that beautiful or flawless but it was thanks to Jamie! If you want the best wedding ever have it at Spring Hill Manor!

Gail · Married on 06/04/2016

My daughter's wedding was perfect! From the moment she and her, now husband saw the venue, until the last moment of the wedding and even afterwards, Jamie Sherrard, owner and wedding coordinator extraordinare was as friendly, kind , helpful and so wonderful to work with that everything fell into place! We felt Jamie was part of the family! He made my daughter's wedding day the best day ever! I wanted to replay the day beginning to end. We loved Spring Hill Manor so much that we hope we get invited to another wedding there someday! I could go on and on singing the praises of the venue and Jamie. If you choose this venue, Be assured Jamie Sherrard will make ur day as special as our daughter's!