Spotlight Catering Reviews

37 Reviews for Spotlight Catering

• Jillian

Jillian · Married on 10/20/2018

Love Spotlight!

Thank you to Spotlight Catering for making our wedding food so perfect! We did stations with hand-held foods so people could keep mingling vs. a formal sit-down dinner with assigned seats. They have very versatile menu options and make it easy to pick and choose your favorites! My mom and I went in advance for a tasting, they were SO sweet and calm (made me feel at ease about everything) and we were obsessed with every menu item that we tried. Leslie was wonderful to work with, she thought of everything, and on the day of the wedding, I had zero concern about what was happening with catering, because I knew she would make everything run perfectly smooth! This was the biggest event of my life, but I hope I have an opportunity to use them again in the future for another event!!! Leslie and team, you are so appreciated - thank you!

Kristin · Married on 05/19/2018

Working with spotlight was a really great experience. I worked with them for bar and catering for my wedding on May 19. They were communicative and flexible. Like most weddings, we had some last minute RSVP changes and they were so supportive and cooperative. We got many compliments on the food and bar service. Their team was super friendly during the event, very pleasant to talk to and very warm and seemed to have a great time along side with myself and our guests. They offered to make me and my husband a plate while we were busy mingling with guests. Their menus had a lot of options to choose from and they had a great selection of linens and napkins. They set up the tables beautifully. And on top of that, they were very reasonably priced. Working with them was a no brainer- I would highly recommend working with spotlight!

Cherylann · Married on 04/21/2018

As a wedding planner I encounter all different types of catering companies and service and I have to say by far Spotlight/Port a Pit was INCREDIBLE!!! The food tasted awesome, it was hot and flavorful. the staff was super hard working and attentive to the bride and groom and to anything we needed. Our contact Leslie was great to work with. I love that they are full service with linens and plates and utensils etc. I can't rant and rave enough about them.

Angelina · Married on 02/18/2017

Everyone loved the food at our wedding. We got so many compliments. I have to agree with our guests. Aside from the great food, they were very professional and quick to respond to any questions. They provided linens and bar. Just incredible all around. I highly recommend!

Suzanne · Married on 02/11/2017

Everything about the food was perfect! We had a variety of options and all of the were great! They even made us a speciality dish with our game meat that special touch was amazing! Our guest raved all night how good the food was!

Rachel · Married on 10/09/2016

Spotlight Catering had us at "BBQ"! We saw their Rustic Charm menu online and said to ourselves, "we want that pulled pork and that mac and cheese!" When we met with Leslie, the catering coordinator, she wowed us with everything we were interested in and helped us build the perfect menu for us and our guests. Their day-of execution appeared to be flawless (if anything went wrong I didn't know about it) and everyone came up to us and told us how wonderful the meal was. The servers were right there with the passed hors d'oeuvres, quickly and efficiently (and quietly!) cleared the tables after everyone was finished, helped our bartender pour the champagne toast, and expertly cut and served the wedding cake. We will absolutely use them again for our catering needs, and look forward to working with them again in the future!

Sent on 10/11/2016

Spotlight Catering's reply:

Aww, thank you so much, Rachel! We are beyond happy that our food & service was everything you expected & was "flawless". It was our absolute pleasure to be such an integral part of your milestone day - our family wishes you & your new spouse the happiest, healthiest ever after <3

We used Spotlight caterings rustic wedding menu for our big day. Everything was delicious! Our guests continually complimented the food, which doesn't always happen at a wedding. I thought we got the best menu and value and the staff were all very nice. I would definitely recommend this company. We were not disappointed!!!

Sent on 03/21/2016

Spotlight Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words! It is always a pleasure and honor to be apart of a couples wedding day! We thank you for the opportunity, and we send our best wishes to you and your spouse for a happy, beautiful life together!

Laurie · Married on 03/05/2016

My daughter Danielle and her fiance wanted a rustic wedding theme with BBQ. We attended the tasting and they were sold. They went with the Rustic Charm Menu and I heard many compliments throughout the night on the delicious food. They provided a bar tender who set every thing up for us as well as great service and they took care of cutting the cake. We made last minute plan changes due to the cool, windy night and the staff was so accommodating and went right along with what we needed.
    Thank you!! We will highly recommend you in the future :)

KELLY · Married on 02/26/2016

Impeccable! Not only was the food absolutely outstanding, but their customer service is one of the best I've ever seen. From beginning to end, their staff was helpful, patient and accommodating. Leslie, their sales coordinator, is pleasant, thorough and prompt. Their on-sight staff... unbelievable! We had several hiccups at my daughter's wedding and the staff did not bat an eye. They went above and beyond to make sure things went smoothly. This place gets a 5+++ from me! :)

Veronica · Married on 12/05/2015

We chose Spotlight catering for our wedding since they were a preferred vendor for our venue. After two prior tastings with other caterers we were starting to get nervous that we would not find a catering company that was the entire package of what we were looking for. As soon as we met with Ronnie and had our tasting, our fears were no more! The food was delicious and very affordable. We knew it would be something that all of our guests would want to eat and were really looking forward to having it again. The day of our wedding Spotlight set up their barbecue pit at the venue and started cooking, to say we were all excited to eat from the smells that came drifting our way was an understatement. The food was delicious and the staff was amazing! Everyone was so pleased with the service and many of our guests were going back to the buffet for seconds. At the end of the night we were able to take home a to go box which was delicious to have after the long day. I would highly recommend Spotlight catering for any large event!

Lauren · Married on 11/06/2015

Spotlight Catering was AMAZING! We booked them through our venue, who required that we use their services, and at first I was a little nervous. However, as soon as my husband and I went in for a tasting, and sat down and talked to Ronnie, our worries were immediately put to rest. The food was absolutely fantastic (we went with their BBQ option) and Ronnie even took the time to show my husband and I exactly how they cook the chicken and pork. The entire week leading up to the wedding, we talked about how excited we were to have such delicious food at our reception, and the people at Spotlight Catering did not fail to deliver some good food. We received multiple compliments on how delicious everything was, and even had several people tell us that was the best food they had ever had at a wedding. My husband was thrilled at our wedding when the staff surprised him with hotdogs, which Ronnie had sent due to a funny conversation he and my husband had when we went for our tasting! Overall, the attention to detail and quality of food was great, I highly recommend Spotlight for any catering needs!

Anna · Married on 09/12/2015

Spotlight Catering did an amazing job with the food for our wedding reception! The food was excellent! The servers did an awesome job! They were friendly, professional, and attentive. They even made room on the buffet table for my new mother-in-law's homemade Indian food! They boxed up the leftovers and even had containers for us. I was worried about having a destination wedding and selecting a caterer without a tasting. Spotlight exceeded out expectations! The food was yummy and the service was awesome! Chelsea was great to work with and answered any and all questions I had along the way.

Colleen · Married on 09/06/2015

They were AWESOME!!! My wedding was running a little early and everything else, dinner was supposed to be served at 6:45, but we wanted to get dinner started a little earlier around 6 and the made it happen. Communication between them and I was awesome and quick. And the food was AWESOME!!!! Fresh and hot!!!! And wasn't cold and soggy. I would recommend them to everyone. If I ever need catering again I am defiantly calling them!!!

Very professional and affordable. Cooks everything on site. All of our guests were thrilled with the food. Definitely recommend.

Ashley · Married on 02/28/2015

We used Spotlight (Port-a-pit) for the "Rustic Charm" package. They cooked on site which I absolutetly loved. Everyone (130 guests) absolutely loved the food, cousins were asking me for the salad dressing recipe, my mom emailed me after asking if they had a resturaunt somewhere, and the corn bread was to die for. My husband and I were very sad the we left the next morning for our honey moon and didn't even get a chance to eat our left overs. It was that good.

• User4841943 · 2+ years ago

DELICIOUS!! We had Port-A-Pit BBQ cater our wedding and they were extremely helpful every step of the way! As a vegetarian bride, they were more than accommodating and provided a separate meal for me for no additional charge. The staff members that were present for our reception (Ben & Sarah) were amazing and very attentive. Ben was extremely helpful in packaging leftovers and transporting our cake from inside the venue to our outdoor location for the cutting ceremony. Afterward, he packaged the remaining cake and cleaned everything for us as well. Seriously amazing group of people both over the phone and on site!

Brandon · Married on 09/27/2014

If you are looking for delicious food with amazing service within a friendly budget, look NO further!!
    WOW. I cannot speak highly enough of Ronnie and his company.
    First off, the food was ridiculously good. The appetizers were plenty and kept coming during cocktail hour- I know they kept people satisfied while waiting out the rain on the deck at Tampa Bay Watch. For dinner, we served his famous BBQ, Tropical Chicken, Mixed Veggies, Cheddar Mashed Potatoes and a gourmet Mac and Cheese bar that I am still craving. It's been more than a week and people are still talking about the food at our wedding- and I have NEVER been able to say that about a catered dinner. I didn't hear a single complaint about the tempertaure or taste and saw people going up for seconds and thirds! We just got back from our honeymoon and I am sad that my parents ate all our leftovers while we were gone :)
    Even more importantly than the food, I have to commend Ronnie and his staff for their incredible service. We had a hunch he'd be helpful when we hired him, but I really had no idea just how above and beyond he would go for us. As a bride I probably emailed Ronnie on average at least once a day- for nearly a year- he never complained and he always got back to me promptly. He became more like a wedding planner than a caterer. He met with me for 2 hours a month before the wedding and went over every painstaking detail I had created for our 'look' and in the end it turned out just gorgeous.
    Ronnie really is more than a 'vendor' to us now- he's a friend and we loved him SO much we recommended him to one of our bridesmaids who is getting married in just a few weeks. We can't wait to eat more of the delicious food he comes up with and just get to thank him in person again.

Better than a couple could ask for!!!

Valeria · Married on 07/05/2014

Fabulous caterers! Their food is delicious - we went with the chicken florentine, penne pasta with olive oil and sundried tomatoes, and broccoli with hollandaise sauce for our wedding. They are very friendly and all the staff is super attentive. Ronnie and James made sure we were served first and kept coming back to our table to make sure we had everything we needed.

I'm still hearing from my guests how much they loved the food and the open bar!

Rose · Married on 06/28/2014

Let them do their job they are trained by the best

I used spotlight catering for my wedding. They did an AMAZING job with everything. The food was amazing and the process was so easy and convenient. I had them do spanish food and it was done correctly & very affordable. All of the guests told me that the food was really good, juicy and flavorful. I am one of those people that HATES regular wedding food because its always dry and flavorless.... this was not at all!!! Im so happy that i went through them for my catering. They were very professional & friendly. I would definitely recommend them to everyone i know.

Mary Anne · Married on 07/04/2013

I had port a pit bbq cater for my fourth of July wedding. The presentation was really nice and the food was delicious all my guests were raving how good the food was. I highly recommend port a pit catering for the Tampa Bay area the food is great and fast and clear communication with staff during wedding planning. I like to thank all the staff in port a pit bbq for making my wedding a special and beautiful day and thank you again for the delicious food.

S · Married on 06/22/2013

Prompt return on all communication. One-stop-shopping on all needs (I changed up my needs at least 6 times before the event). Easy payment plans. Had several 'family recipes' and staff duplicated to perfection. Received many, many compliments on the food. Staff serving was very professional (dress and affect). Rained during the first 45 minutes of an outside event - staff could not have been more helpful. Quickly put me at ease, handled moving several serving areas, dried off tables, circulated around with drinks to those 'huddling' under the porch - I could not have asked for better care and service. Wonderful, wonderful company. HIGHLY recommend for any size event. (I served 80 for a sit-down event).

• Angela

Angela · Married on 01/26/2013

I searched high and low for a caterer when planning our wedding. Ronnie and his team were wonderful! Not only were they up front about the costs of their services (not tacking on all the extra hidden fees), they were very down to earth and easy to work with! Everyone commented on how good the food was and were eager to take home the leftovers at the end of the night! I have already referred Spotlight Catering to another bride and would recommend them to anyone looking for great service!