Splendor Mountain Reviews

20 | Tiger, GA

20 Reviews for Splendor Mountain

Soumaya · Getting married on 09/26/2020

Venue Tour

This Vendor was amazing! We went to tour for a potential venue and she went out of her way to show us around showing the most hospitality! She was helpful and amazing. Even though we did not chose to host my wedding here my family will be back for a family event in the future!

Sent on 12/23/2019

Dear Soumaya,
    Thank you so much for your thoughtfulness is writing this review of your experience when you and your parents came to tour. With the mindfullness I experienced from each of you, I know that your choice of venue in the end is perfect. I very much look forward to seeing you again along with your hubby, mom, dad, and more.
    God bless you.
    All my best,
  • Kim

Kim Kimbrell · Married on 02/11/2020

yearly retreat location

Splendor Mountain is a beautiful venue with areas for outdoor and indoor reception. The property itself also has spectaluar views which make for the perfect outdoor setting for a wedding ceremony. Chevin and Steve are gracious hosts who add to the ease of planning your special event.

Sent on 12/30/2019

Splendor Mountain's reply:

Thank you so much, Kim. I have appreciated the opportunity you gave me when you chose host your retreats, here, I know they have been a blessing to the women who have enjoyed getting more and more strength through the joy of the Lord. I certainly am grateful for your recommendation from a bird's eye view of Splendor Mountain. I look forward to more fellowship.

Maggie Bell · Married on 11/23/2019

12/10 Recommend Splendor Mountain

This property is absolutely beautiful! We chose Splendor Mountain not only because of the incredible mountain views, but also because of the option to rent the cabins on the property for the weekend of your wedding. We got married hours away from our homes, so being able to find a place that could accommodate both families was really important to us. It rained on our wedding day, and Chevin & Steve were so kind to open their home to us for us to get dressed, do first looks, & take a few pictures before the ceremony. We weren't able to have our ceremony in the garden due to the rain, so we moved it to the Shadow Rock Pavilion, which could not have been more perfect. I am still in shock at how beautiful our pictures came out. Chevin & Steve are wonderful hosts, and checked on us throughout our stay to make sure we had everything we needed. You will not regret booking Splendor Mountain for your wedding!!

Sent on 01/02/2020

Dear Maggie,
    Thank you and Joey so much for choosing Splendor Mountain for your wedding weekend. I'm thankful that family and friends came from far and wide to celebrate you two. You are so beautiful and you chose an amazing photographer so needless to say you had very much to do with the exceptional photos you have to help keep the memories of your wedding day always. We would love to see you here when you have a call to the mountains.
    Happy New Year. I love this review so much, thank you.

Morgan Barnwell · Married on 11/02/2019

Wonderful Wedding Weekend at Splendor Mountain

My husband and I stumbled upon Splendor Mountain while searching for an affordable outside venue. During our first visit we both felt so at peace and delighted by both the beautiful land, and how genuine and kind Chevin was (and still is!) We ended up booking the cabins for friends and family to stay in, as well as having our rehearsal dinner by the water fall. Our wedding fell on the most gorgeous October day, where the leaves and mountain range made an incredible ceremony backdrop. Afterwards, our guests were able to warm up in the reception lodge and enjoy its historical features and wrap around porch! If you are looking for a venue that feels like a destination wedding and nature to help your soul connect with the Lord during such a moving time in your life- you have found it in Splendor Mountain!

Sent on 12/29/2019

Dear Morgan,
    Thank you so much. Your writing is so thoughtful and lovely. Meeting you and Andrew has been a blessing, true love is all you need after all.
    When potential couples see the photos you included and read your words, I hope they will understand and receive what you expressed in gratitude for the day the Lord gave you and the enjoyment you planned for your guests. Your wedding weekend was Splendid. I look forward to seeing you both and the pups!
    Happy New Year!
    God bless you.

Mollie Chafin · Married on 10/26/2019

Wonderful mountain getaway with incredible views

Splendor Mountain is a great place to host your wedding. With their cabins on property, and multiple buildings for ceremony, rehearsal, and reception, it really is a great place to have your wedding or event! The rain changed some of our plans but because there were different options we were able to easily move the ceremony location. The owners were great communicators and made the process very easy! Thank you to the SM team. We loved the experience!

Sent on 12/29/2019

Hi Mollie,
    Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your kind words. Indeed the weekend was not for sissies but for all of you overcomers. There was so much smiling and laughing it seems the lyrics, "Let a Smile Be Your Umbrella", were practiced by the lovely Wedding Party, family, and friends.
    I know that you have many good reasons to return to the area, I hope that you will make your way here often. I wish you the very best in your grandmother's and mother's chosen profession.
    Happy New Year!
  • Mariana

Mariana Latimer · Married on 10/12/2019

Beautiful venue!!

Chevin and Stephen were so personable and kind throughout the whole planning process. The venue was absolutely beautiful from the ceremony site, to the reception lodge, to the overnight cabins. We had such an amazing experience and we can't to go back and visit again, hopefully with our kids one day

Sent on 12/27/2019

Splendor Mountain's reply:

Thank you so much, Mariana and David. I'm so thankful to have met you. We loved everything you planned and your flowers were unforgetable. Loved that you had the same cake topper, Steve and I had! :) Can't wait for y'all to come back, often.
    Chevin and Steve

Jordyn Smith · Married on 10/06/2019

Just beautiful

This venue is absolutely breath taking. There’s so much class, yet such a feeling of home here. They have created such a beautiful place to celebrate any occasion. My reception here was perfect beyond words. I will recommend Splendor Mountain forever. Truly a beautiful spot.

Sent on 12/20/2019

Splendor Mountain's reply:

Thank you, Jordyn. We are so happy that you and Corbin had the day that you were hoping to have with friends and family. You looked so beautiful and happy together. We look forward to y'all cominig and enjoying more mountain time. To hear your words in my heart really makes my day. I know that you are familiar with what creates atmosphere and pleasant experiences.
    God bless you both,
  • Kaitlyn Danelle · Married on 08/10/2019

The sweetest couple and the best venue in GA

I absolutely loved working with Chevin and Steve! They made our day a true fairytale wedding. The venue had everything we needed, and was very comfortable and beautifully entertaining from the lodge to the fire pit to the lake. My family had a blast throughout the whole weekend celebrating me and my new husband.

Sent on 08/16/2019

Splendor Mountain's reply:

Steve and I both got the Fairytale Pixie Dusted feel during your weekend. Thank you so much. God bless you!

Mandy · Married on 11/15/2016

A HUGE THANK YOU to Chevin & Steve for helping our Rabun County Athletic Booster Club by donating the use of their lodge for an Exqusite 4 Course Dinner provided
    By Culinary Artist Allen Blair that we auctioned off to raise money for our student athletes!!! The lodge setting was absolutely beautiful and just set the stage for a very elegant dining experience for a Party of 8 with plenty of room for more! Steve had a fire going in the fireplace & Chevin had candles lit on beautiful metal trees that were just a perfect tone for our table setting for fall. A room filled of hardwood floors, a giant rock fireplace, handcrafted wooden tables, a beautiful bar, floor to ceiling Windows looking out onto the rocking chair porch and sitting in the serenity of the North Ga. Mountains provided the perfect venue for a perfect evening! This is an awesome place for weddings, reunions, private dinners, Christmas Parties, retreats, etc... Chevin & Steve provide the upmost hospitality in welcoming you to their piece of pardise! Thank you both again so very much!!! I highly reccomend Splendor Mountain for any event venue! PS... And they have lodging available on site so once your there, you don't have to leave out again...and you won't want to!!!

Sent on 11/16/2016

Dear Mandy,
    This whole event was your brain child, what a great idea and a perfect way for Splendor Mountain to let the kind folks who helped support Rabun County High School Boosters see our venue so they might share their experience. The evening was five star all the way. You and Allen, Amy, Carol and Rita make a great team. The Birthday party was a big hit. I know you are pleased and then your kind words covered it all again. Thank you, Mandy.

Beth · Married on 03/13/2016

Thank you Chevin and Steve for helping to make our special day so wonderful! When it was necessary to postpone our wedding from the original date due to unexpected illness, the challenge was much easier to deal with when we received so much support from the staff of Splendor Mountain. When our day finally arrived, Chevin and Steve they were still very supportive of us. Everything was set up just as we had requested, including the fire in the fireplace! Shadow Rock Pavilion was a perfect location for us!

Sent on 03/17/2016

Splendor Mountain's reply:

Thank you so much, Beth. Your wedding day was such a pleasure for Steve and me. There was such a great feeling of unity and a sense that the Lord was pleased with us all. As your children arrived to support your new "Oneness", and show their love and agreement of your marriage by lighting the candles for the Unity Candle ceremony, it was so cool to think of the gift you and Russell were giving to them, that being one another's, new brothers and sisters. Thank you so much for choosing Splendor Mountain and making us a part of your everlasting love story.

Betsy · Married on 10/31/2015

The venue is very beautiful! Steve and Chevin offer great mountain views in a secluded environment. It is quiet and peaceful with great facilities.

Sent on 11/07/2015

There is not enough room here for me to fit all the compliments I have for Chevin and her venue, Splendor Mountain!! I was googling "mountains + cabins + wedding" and Splendor came up. I thought wow it's gorgeous and has just what we want - a destination wedding where the family can come up a few days before and make it a vacation. And - paying for the site plus having the entire place to ourselves from Wednesday till Sunday was less expensive than the cost of most outdoor venues in our home town area. As soon as I started emailing Chevin I felt like I made a friend. We drove up immediately to check the place out. Gorgeous outside ceremony site, amazing big reception cabin, 2 big cabins for family and a pavilion with a honeymoon suite where we could escape! We signed and gave a deposit right there. Knowing we lived far away, Chevin offered for us to come back and stay for free for our engagement pictures. We did come back a few months later for photos and enjoyed it so much we didn't want to go home. I ended up going up once more before the wedding and every time Chevin and her husband Steve were just wonderful and helpful. By the time the wedding came around they felt like old friends. The day of the wedding it rained so we had to change our plans and they were very accommodating. Chevin is an ordained minister and performed our ceremony for us. She even made a liquor run when our families drank more than we expected before dinner was even over! If you are looking for an outdoor venue with amazing mountain views and cabins, you have to check this place out. We LOVED IT.

Sent on 10/29/2015

Splendor Mountain's reply:

We felt so thankful to have such a loving couple share their wedding day with their lovely families here. Amanda made such beautiful details which were elegantly rustic for their tables for the reception in the lodge.The privilege was mine officiating the ceremony, as I heard the words each had written for the other, it was sheer joy and a great sense of peace that these two were made for one another. Many thanks for this wonderful review.

It was the best day ever! The event was PERFECT and the hosts were delightful.

Sent on 05/04/2015

Laurie · Married on 07/19/2014

Chevin and Steve were wonderful hosts for our wedding. I was able to contact them anytime with questions and always received a response quickly with what I needed to know. The property and views are absolutely breath taking. This is the place to have your dream mountain/rustic wedding!

Sent on 05/10/2015

Splendor Mountain's reply:

One of the nicest parts of being the operators of a wedding venue is meeting special individuals such as Tony and Laurie. We enjoy seeing them back here at Splendor Mountain ANYTIME they can break away. Thank you Laurie, your review is so sweet and supportive, typical of you.
    Blessings,

Tonie · Married on 09/29/2012

I cannot say enough wonderful things about this Venue. Not only is it a perfect setting for a mountain wedding, the owner (Chevin Woodruff) is an absolute dream to work with. Thank you, Splendor Mountain for making my daughter's wedding dreams come true!

Sent on 10/02/2012

Splendor Mountain's reply:

Thank you Tonie. You and your family and friends helped me to see our venue with new eyes. Your DIY wedding was fabulous. Your beautiful daughter smiled and smiled. Thank you for reviewing Splendor Mountain.

Carey · Married on 09/17/2011

Several years ago I visited Splendor Mountain with a friend of mine who was helping cater a rehearsal dinner there. When it came time to plan my own wedding in 2011, I knew exactly where I wanted to have it. My fiance was living in Athens and I was living outside Gainesville. We knew we wanted a small-ish wedding and we knew we wanted to get married in the mountains. We toured several places in North Georgia, but it didn't take long for us to settle on Splendor Mountain.
    It was a wonderful place to get married. Chevin (the owner) was wonderful to work with and the place is stunning. Two on-site lodges allowed our families to stay in one place and make a big breakfast for each other on Saturday morning. The ceremony spot was gorgeous and the dressing room set away from the lodge and cabins allows for a true "bridal party" the day of the ceremony. Not having to travel anywhere the night of the wedding was a nice touch too. The pavilion suite was a nice quiet place for us to retreat to after our reception and allowed us to regroup in the morning before we travelled.
    The reception lodge was lovely as well. The wrap-around porch allowed guests to mingle away from the music if they wished, but, with the doors open, encouraged people to come in and out. I was worried that we wouldn't be able to fit a band, the food, tables, and a dance floor in the space, but it worked out perfectly.
    Overall, Splendor Mountain is a great place for any couple wishing to make their wedding their own!

Sent on 10/18/2011

Dear Carey,

Thank you so much for having yours and Ryan's wedding here. It was a wonderful family celebration. You did a fabulous job making your family and friends an enormous part of your new life together. Splendor Mountain was shined up by you and your creativity. Thank you also for your wonderful words of praise. I sure hope there might be a few more brides, like you, out there.
    Come see me.

Helen · Married on 05/28/2007

Beautiful location, wonderful cabins, amazing service! Our flowers and food were prepared perfectly. Such a wonderful location for a family event, wedding or just a get-away weekend. Kids loved the paddle boat, the maze, hiking, and roasting marshmellows. We also returned with 2 other families for a Thanksgiving weekend a year or two afterwards. I am wanting to come back right now just writing this! ;-) Chevin is a wonderful hostess!

Sent on 05/07/2015

Dear Helen,
    Thank you so much, and come on.
    Blessings,
    Chevin

Chevin and Stephen were exceptionally easy to work with as we were planning our very small, intimate wedding. Unlike other venue owners/managers, they understood that with a guest list of fewer than twenty people, we would not need everything they normally offered for weddings on their beautiful property. They took time to talk with us about our ideas and wishes and showed us the various facilities they had to offer- all well-appointed "classic rustic" buildings with beautiful views. Not only did Chevin and Stephen understand our wishes, but they envisioned those wishes with us (they added some great suggestions) and didn't push services and facilities we did not need. Since we lived about an hour and a half from Splendor Mountain and were unfamiliar with area vendors, they recommended local vendors for photography, flowers, cake, and even BBQ! They really seem to try to get to know the wedding couple and understand their needs. It may have been our similar stories of former childhood sweethearts finding each other years later that created a personal connection, but I really think they enjoy what they do and want all Splendor Mountain weddings to be personal and special. They made our small wedding look and feel special by suggesting the area of the property for the service (Mountain Song Overlook), providing an area for our guests to park and refresh themselves after driving 1.5-2.0 hours, and being on hand to ensure that things were running smoothly. Additionally, we stayed at Ruby Lodge the evening before and after the wedding. It was a great setting for our families to enjoy a meal together before leaving us alone for some well deserved quiet time!

Sent on 05/10/2015

Splendor Mountain's reply:

I am so thrilled with this review. Amy and Matt are as this review says getting to have a second chance at lasting love. We were so happy to have been chosen for this celebration of providence. We are happy they live near by and look forward to checking in on each other's love stories. Thank you, Amy and Matt

Lauren · Married on 10/22/2016

Chevin and Steve worked hard to make sure that my husband and I had a wonderful wedding weekend! They were flexible in letting us "DIY" to our heart's content, and when issues arouse they worked hard to make sure issues were resolved. We especially found Chevin to be warm and helpful!

Sent on 11/01/2016

Splendor Mountain's reply:

Thank you for your review on Wedding Wire. You and Matt, and everyone who you included in your wedding weekend were so great to be around. You are such a loving couple, watching you work together to give your family and friends such a beautiful time of celebrating was splendid. Your DIY decorations were so meaningful, I loved seeing the Sunrise Lodge transformed. You looked so very beautiful in your gown and your handsome groom was mighty pleased to dance you around the dance floor. The young people really kept the party going with the for lack of a better word, tunnel of love with arms raised and fun dance steps. Thank you so very much for letting me be a part of your wedding celebration.

Christina Drewke · Married on 05/29/2019

Beautiful Venue for a Wedding Weekend

The venue was stunning. everything is customizable, so if you want a cookie cutter wedding, this is not the venue for you. However, if you’re willing to put in the work, the venue is a BEAUTIFUL secluded location. We booked the entire property for the wedding weekend, and everyone who stayed at the cabins on location thought they were very charming and they had a good time. Also, please keep in mind that this venue is on the smaller side. We were told 75 guests was the perfect number, but we utilized the outer deck of the reception hall. It worked out perfect for us since we had such good weather, but it’s something to keep in mind for larger venues.

Sent on 01/04/2020