Spirited Weddings Reviews

35 | Chicago, IL

35 Reviews for Spirited Weddings

Kim · Married on 02/25/2008

Reverend Otto was a pleasure to work with. We wanted to exchange personal vows as well as have traditional vows. He put together an absolutely beautiful script for our special day. I cried just reading it. The reverend was kind and compassionate. He was willing to work with me on price (we had a very small budget). I’d highly recommend him to my dearest friends and family.

Sent on 05/14/2008

Neal · Married on 01/19/2008

I initially found Bruce from an internet search. I had planned to outline what we wanted and talk to a few candidates. We had contacted him and shared that I was Jewish and my fiancee was Catholic and that we really wanted an intimate and personal wedding. Prior to meeting Bruce my wife and I were a little nervous about what someone we found from the web. We really liked him right from the start and thought he would be great. After we left his home, my wife turned to each other as soon as we got to the car and instantly agreed he was the one. We called him immediately.

We had a Hawaiian themed wedding in January and everyone thought it was great and also thought we had known Bruce for years. He was great to work with and I strongly recommend him.

If you want to know more and are unconvinced, ask Bruce for my contact info.

Sent on 12/24/2008

Jessica · Married on 01/12/2008

My husband and I highly recommend Reverand Otto's services. We were planning an out of state wedding, and were very pleased with Reverand Otto's flexibility and availability. He was always available via email and/or phone. His genuine and warm and caring demeanor helped to put us at ease, and made the whole process rather fun. Reverand Otto also gave us many options for the ceremony, and one of the best parts was going through all of the different ways that we could personalize our ceremony. The two questions that I got the most that night were about my dress, and 'who was the wonderful person who did your wedding?'!!!
    He was a pleasure and joy to work with during this special time in our lives.

Sent on 04/07/2008

Maureen · Married on 10/27/2007

Bruce Otto was extremely easy to work with and made a real difference in our having a beautiful and personal ceremony. He was completely open to our ideas about the ceremony itself, but also provided enough options that it was very easy to put the cermony together. His specific guidelines and walk-through about how the cermevery would go also helped us feel calm and comfortable on the day. And his delivery of the ceremony was beautiful -- he made it seem as though we truly were the most important people to ever get married, and made us and everyone in attendance feel part of this special and important occasion. I would highly recommend Spirited Weddings.

Sent on 11/06/2007

Cher · Married on 09/14/2007

The first time we met Bruce it was at his home... we were more than a little apprehensive as we found him through an online search. But the moment we met him at the door, Bruce made us feel comfortable and at home immediately! He has a charisma about him, a charm... we felt we could trust him - and after that initial meeting, we left knowing that our ceremony was in good hands! Our second meeting was even better than the first - we were really beginning to LIKE this man! The day of the ceremony, he was truly our guardian angel, keeping everything on time and perfectly coordinated. Not to mention, delivering a beautiful, sincere and heartfelt ceremony that we'll remember for the rest of our lives. If you stumble across Spirited Weddings - stop your search, Bruce is your guy. My husband and I are both in the media and have extremely high expectations - and Bruce blew us both away! Hire him before somebody else does!

Sent on 11/01/2007

Queenie · Married on 07/01/2007

Reverend Otto was great. He made the whole process very easy and comfortable. Starting from the meet and greet, to planning the ceremony, to rehearsal, to the actual ceremony, he was just great to work with. He made some suggestions to us, one being the sand ceremony. We ended doing that and all my guests loved it! I got some great compliments. My dad also stepped on my veil after he gave me away and my MOH/sister had to fix it in the middle of the ceremony. During all the awkwardness, Reverend Otto made a simple joke and made everyone at ease. It was great. I would highly recommend Reverend Otto.

Sent on 12/13/2008

Lena · Married on 05/11/2007

Bruce was very courteous and professional. He was really a pleasure to work with. He made us feel at ease and made our big day even more special. The ceremony was beautiful. Bruce delivered a short homily on the importance of appreciating people in your life, especially spouses. Our friends still talk about his message and how it really touched their hearts.

We really appreciate all of the help, support, and spiritual advice that Bruce provided. We couldn't ask for a better minister to pronounce us husband and wife and to help us start our married life together.

Sent on 11/13/2007

Margaret · Married on 04/21/2007

Bruce gave us such a beautiful wedding ceremony. We felt he was the right person to officiate our wedding immediately after our first meeting. We enjoyed using his planning booklet to personally select what would be said at the ceremony. Bruce really helped us through the whole process, and the end result was ideal! Also, the rehearsal really made us feel at ease the night before the wedding.

We especially liked how he spoke casually to us and our guests during the ceremony rather than just reciting exactly what was on the pages. Several of our guests complimented his style and homily. We enjoyed the homily as well. We also appreciated having a copy of the marriage license and instructions on how to get certified copies waiting in our mailbox when we got back from our honeymoon. Bruce gave us exactly what we wanted for our wedding ceremony!

Sent on 11/01/2007

Juan · Married on 05/17/2014

Bruce did an amazing job officiating our wedding. Several married couples approached us after the ceremony to confirm for us the truth and value in Bruce’s advice during the ceremony. We received many more compliments from our guests on as to how beautiful the ceremony was and how much they liked Bruce himself. It’s hard not to like Bruce. He has such a warm personality but also has a commanding presence when addressing a crowd. That’s a perfect combination for wedding officiant!

Working with Bruce was a breeze. He is very organized and professional and makes it easy for you to customize the ceremony to your own style. He provided excellent suggestions that worked well with the aesthetic and flow of our ceremony. He was also fantastic during the rehearsal dinner, efficiently guiding everyone through the ceremony and making sure everyone understood their role. And he was able to accomplish this while keeping everyone smiling and laughing. His years of experience and keen attention to details impressed not only us but our entire bridal party.

Sent on 06/03/2014

Rebecca · Married on 08/09/2009

We chose Bruce based on reviews we saw here, and he delivered on our expectations. We wanted to craft a ceremony truly our own with language we chose and elements of various faiths and heritage. Bruce facilitated this and made recommendations, and allowed us to make changes up to the day of the rehearsal. At times our communication was a bit delayed but not so much that it was a problem. Bruce has a phenomenal demeanor - a twinkle in his eye, not overly religious but not too casual either.

Sent on 08/13/2009