33 Reviews for Spirited Weddings

Single Religion (2)
Non-religious (2)
No Denomination (2)
33 Spirited Weddings Reviews

Bruce was wonderful to work with. We enjoyed his process of narrowing down and customizing our ceremony to fit us. He runs a very organized rehearsal too so everyone knows exactly what to do the day of. We highly recommend working with Bruce!!

Profile Picture Kate, 8/12/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Single Religion

Being transplants to Chicago, when we decided to have our wedding in Chicago, we felt finding an officiant was going to be difficult. However, we were pleasantly surprised because we were referred to Bruce from our venue and it was a perfect match. Bruce is extremely professional and has great input to make your ceremony special. We had multiple meetings before our wedding to ensure we felt comfortable with the ceremony and did a great job with our families at our rehearsal. Many guests came up to use after the ceremony and thought we knew Bruce for years, having no idea we had only known him as long as we were planning our wedding. Planning a ceremony seemed daunting but Bruce helps you every step of the way. He removed the stress and made sure we enjoyed each moment. (Married Oct 2016)

Profile Picture User7364768, 1+ year ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Officiant

All the glowing reviews are true.
Bruce of Spirited Weddings was fantastic for our July 2016 wedding. We had a very tight schedule and every time we needed to meet with Bruce he was more than accommodating. Bruce created a ceremony that was exactly what we were looking for and tailored to our personalities as a couple. He provided countless suggestions for sections of the ceremony that we were having difficulty deciding over. Bruce's overall demeanor is something that struck my husband and I right away. He's very calm (which you need during this process), knowledgeable, organized and reliable. He also has worked with many of the Chicago vendors which really helped with the flow of everything else on the wedding day.

If I had to do it all again, I would hire Bruce in a second. If you are even remotely considering having him as your officiant I would strongly encourage you to contact him and meet with him. There is a lot of anxiety inducing decisions in the wedding process, however I promise you won't have any second thoughts with Bruce. Our day was fabulous, in large part because of Bruce.

Profile Picture Catelyn, 7/3/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: No Denomination, Non-religious, Single Religion

Bruce is an amazing officiant to consider for your wedding. He was quick to respond to emails and even though we were planning remotely, he was always accommodating to our schedule. We had one call to make sure that we meshed, an in-person meeting to walk through the ceremony and finalize the details and then we had a rehearsal the day before the wedding. We really didn't need more than that because Bruce was on the same page with what we wanted. Bruce allowed us to customize our wedding exactly the way that we wanted it. He provided the tools and materials to kick off the process and then he let us create the ceremony that fit us as a couple. We received so many compliments on our ceremony throughout the night. Our guests really enjoyed how Bruce put our vision together and we couldn't be happier.

Profile Picture Carrie, 5/14/16, 7 Reviews
Services Used: No Denomination, Non-religious

Bruce was absolutely wonderful to work with and provided us with a beautiful and personalized ceremony that was a perfect fit for our small, intimate family wedding. Our families were very pleased with the ceremony, and really enjoyed listening to our vows. In particular, we did not feel like a stranger was conducting our ceremony - we felt like we had known him much longer and it certainly added to the intimate feel of the ceremony.

I really appreciated how easy the process was to put our vows together and discuss the details of how the ceremony would unfold. I remember when I first read through our ceremony after Bruce had put everything together, how nice everything flowed and how it was exactly what we wanted. It sounded even more beautiful during our actual ceremony and I especially enjoyed Bruce's homily.

I will admit at first the price scared me, but trust me when I say it is totally worth it! If I could go back I would choose Bruce over and over again - he truly provided us with a unique and memorable experience that we will never forget!!

Profile Picture Y, 10/3/15, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

I had no idea how to go about finding a wedding officiant...so I went online and searched for wedding officiant. After seeing all of Bruce's positive reviews, I immediately emailed him. He was the only officiant I emailed. Not only was he available for my wedding date, but he was also available for an initial meeting that upcoming weekend. My husband and I met him at his house and the meeting went wonderfully. Bruce outlined the entire process for us and had all the details very well organized. We immediately felt that if we selected Bruce as our officiant, we would be in very capable hands. Beyond that, my then-fiance and I also felt that his presence was a very calming and familiar one. As soon as we said our goodbyes, we looked at each other and agreed that we definitely wanted him as our officiant - we hadn't even made it to his gate yet!

Our initial reactions proved solid because throughout the entire process, Bruce was extremely professional, capable, and calming. His process for allowing us to have a hand in what was said during the ceremony (minus the homily, which Bruce writes) was like a Choose Your Own Adventure book and made it possible for us to really make the ceremony our own. There was no detail that Bruce didn't cover - many details that I never would've even thought of if it weren't for him.

When it came time for the ceremony, I was a bundle of nerves. Bruce's presence, confidence, and ease of speaking had a calming affect on me, though. Even though we had a good idea of what was going to be said, it was our first time hearing Bruce's homily. It was definitely a pleasant surprise; it was touching and funny and really spoke to everyone in attendance. It was the perfect combination of seriousness and lightheartedness.

Following the ceremony many guests mentioned what a great job he had done and my husband and I couldn't have agreed more!

Profile Picture User5435508, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Bruce did an amazing job officiating our wedding. Several married couples approached us after the ceremony to confirm for us the truth and value in Bruce’s advice during the ceremony. We received many more compliments from our guests on as to how beautiful the ceremony was and how much they liked Bruce himself. It’s hard not to like Bruce. He has such a warm personality but also has a commanding presence when addressing a crowd. That’s a perfect combination for wedding officiant!

Working with Bruce was a breeze. He is very organized and professional and makes it easy for you to customize the ceremony to your own style. He provided excellent suggestions that worked well with the aesthetic and flow of our ceremony. He was also fantastic during the rehearsal dinner, efficiently guiding everyone through the ceremony and making sure everyone understood their role. And he was able to accomplish this while keeping everyone smiling and laughing. His years of experience and keen attention to details impressed not only us but our entire bridal party.

Profile Picture Juan, 5/17/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

My husband and I found Bruce through our wedding Planner, Lindsay Stein Cohen with Designer Event Chicago. At first, I wanted a friend to marry us. Now that I look back on it, I am so glad that we went with Bruce. Sometimes having someone you know marry you can get a little awkward - especially if they have never performed a ceremony before. Bruce is a pro. He is cool, calm and collected. Meeting with him is also very easy. He makes you feel right at home and he is easy to discuss things with. He also has everything outlined perfectly for you. He gives you a ceremony packet and instructs both the bride and groom to go through it on their own and then together. He lets you pick out what you want included in the ceremony. At first, the reading material may seem a little frightening, but it actually is a great activity to do together and a way to make your ceremony "yours." Bruce truly sets the bar high for wedding officiants.

Profile Picture Kristen, 10/12/12, 10 Reviews
Category: Officiant

I put my FH (now husband) in charge of finding us an officiant for our wedding he hit a home run when he found Rev Bruce Otto of Spirited Weddings. We emailed him and he immediately responded. My husband and I reside in LA so we had a small window of time to meet with Bruce to discuss our ceremony. He was incredibly accommodating and invited us to his home to explain his services. We were immediately comfortable with Bruce and we loved the fact that we could tailor the ceremony to suit our needs exactly. Bruce gave us a booklet with a large variety of options from religious to spiritual and was also open to any other suggestions we had for the ceremony.

Bruce organized the processional and really understood how the flow of things should be. The ceremony went by in what felt like a the blink of an eye. He really put the whole bridal party at ease and the ceremony was amazing! We received so many compliments from our guests. It was very heartfelt and the perfect reflection of us as a couple. I would highly recommend Spirited Weddings. Bruce is a true professional who knows how to capture all the elements of a good ceremony.

Profile Picture Tasiah, 5/26/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We had Bruce officiate our wedding a few weeks ago and he definitely delivered. He wrote us a short but sweet ceremony, which is what we wanted. He is a great speaker and all of your friends and family enjoyed the ceremony he put together for us. He is very nice, calming and laid back which is my husband and my style. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a great officiant!

Profile Picture Kaori, 5/5/12, 7 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We were so pleased having Bruce as our officiant. His organizational skills and calm demeanor made our wedding day very easy for us. We loved that we really got to have a hand in choosing our wedding ceremony and yet Bruce also added his own personal touch which we loved. I had many compliments on him from my friends and family who were in attendance.

Profile Picture Colleen, 4/7/12, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Bruce did an amazing job! He was so easy to work with. Once we met with him initially, we knew he was the person for the job. It was so much fun to customize our entire ceremony (Bruce gave us lots of suggestions to pick from so we didn't have to start from scratch). Our parents and all the guests loved him too.

Profile Picture Sarah, 9/16/11, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Bruce was great to work with every step of the way from our initial meeting til the rehearsal and wedding day. He has a calm about him that helps when you are trying to imagine how everything is gonig to come together. the ceremony was wonderful, everyone enjoyed it and his kind words.

Profile Picture Kelly , 6/18/11, 6 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Love Bruce! He did a fantastic job as the officiant at our wedding in May 2011. Not only is he super easy to work with and walks you through the whole ceremony "design" process, but when it's showtime, he's on point! We wanted a short, sweet, non-religious ceremony and Bruce definitely delivered! Everyone loved it and there wasn't a dry eye in the house. Also, I was very nervous about the ceremony ( walking down the aisle, stnding in front of all those people, reciting the vows, etc) and Bruce has a very calming presence which was great. Thanks Bruce!

Profile Picture Jada, 5/28/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Bruce was really wonderful to work with. During parts of our long engagement I was worried the ceremony was not going to get enough of our attention, but in the end Bruce did such a wonderful job all of our guests could not stop gushing about what a special and beautiful ceremony it was. Bruce really gives you everything you need to craft your own type of ceremony, and we found him to be extremely open to any requests or suggestions. We found Spirited Weddings by reading online reviews and as suggested by our venue, but so many guests asked us during the reception how we met Bruce, and if we had known him for a long time based on the very personal qualities of the ceremony and the warmth of his presence.

Profile Picture Sarah, 10/9/10, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant

I'd seen Bruce on Yelp and Wedding Bee before choosing him to be our officiant this past weekend. I saw his profile and for some reason, got it in my head that he looked super nice, friendly, and would definitely be our officiant.

I was right. He was definitely super nice and very friendly. I liked him immediately. We had originally talked about going with the shorter 5-8 minute ceremony ($350), but when I thought about it (okay, I asked my mom and my MIL also), I knew I wanted to do the longer ceremony (15-20 mins or so and $600). It was definitely the right choice.

Like Michelle, we don't really have any religious affiliation and I worried it might be hard for us to figure out what to say in the ceremony. It really wasn't. He put together an extremely helpful booklet for us and we were able to pick and choose what we liked for the ceremony.

Bruce is very well spoken (as another reviewer stated) and had the perfect volume for our 30 guest ceremony.

We had very little time to work out all the details (we were engaged for a little less than 3 months when we got married), but Bruce made time for us in his already busy schedule with no problem. We really appreciate all the help he gave us and would gladly recommend him to anybody looking for a wonderful and very personalized ceremony. Thanks Bruce!

Profile Picture Cate, 9/12/10, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Rev. Otto came recommended to us from my old roommate and we couldn't have been happier. He made us feel very comfortable and at ease the first time we met. He was very helpful through out the entire planning process and walked us through all the different selections and options. We were able to pick and choose exactly how we wanted the ceremony to flow so it made it very personal and there were no surprises.

He was very calming and organized the day of the rehearsal and I had a number of people come up to me after the wedding to comment on how good of job he did. He definitely puts couples at ease and makes sure to put the couple first.

Profile Picture Christina, 8/28/10, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We chose Bruce based on reviews we saw here, and he delivered on our expectations. We wanted to craft a ceremony truly our own with language we chose and elements of various faiths and heritage. Bruce facilitated this and made recommendations, and allowed us to make changes up to the day of the rehearsal. At times our communication was a bit delayed but not so much that it was a problem. Bruce has a phenomenal demeanor - a twinkle in his eye, not overly religious but not too casual either.

Profile Picture Rebecca, 8/9/09, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Bruce Otto has a very strong presence. His approach to your ceremony is very flexible. He has a booklet with a lot of options for each step of the ceremony. The bride and groom pick which parts to keep in the ceremony then compare notes and combine their choices. It makes your ceremony unique. He is very professional. He will take any worries about the ceremony off of your back so you both can focus on other things. We highly recommend Bruce Otto as your Officiant.

Profile Picture David, 7/12/09, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant

From the moment we met with Rev Otto we knew a) that he would be the officiant for our wedding and b) that he would do an amazing job. And he did. We had many guests comment that it was the best ceremony they had been a part of and it was exactly what we wanted.

Bruce is an amazing, calming, professional person to work with during your wedding planning.

Profile Picture Cathie, 6/20/09, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Planning our wedding ceremony was such a delight once we had found Bruce to guide us. As a couple who is not committed towards a specific religious affiliation, we were worried that we would struggle for a ceremony that was personally warm and meaningful. Not so with Bruce!

He worked together with us right from the beginning to use only the words we were comfortable with and convey the meaning we so dearly hoped we could. Bruce has an amazing and unique quality about him, a presence that is a combination of warmth and charm and poise and genuine respect for the couples that he marries.

At our rehearsal and on the wedding day itself, both our families commented on how they were moved by his words and impressed at his having gotten to know us that well as a couple prior to the wedding. His personal thoughts and inspiring marital advice were a wonderful start for us into married life, as well as a kind and welcome reminder to many of our married friends and family.

Bruce lead such a special and joyous part of our wedding day - highly recommended!

Profile Picture Michelle, 6/20/09, 6 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Bruce was great - he was totally understanding about the very unique type of ceremony we wanted. He totally worked with us and was able to give us helpful suggestions about how to organize our ceremony. I would recommend him to anyone. We had a totally secular ceremony and it turned out beautifully.

Profile Picture Anne, 4/18/09, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant

My husband and I got married in November of 2008 and could not have been happier with our choice of Bruce Otto as our officiant! He did an incredible job from start to finish. Upon meeting him, I knew he was the person I wanted conducting our unique ceremony, as he was so professional and calming. He helped us design our ceremony from start to finish, and was always available to answer any questions or concerns. Bruce truly helped give us the wedding we wanted and did an amazing job doing so---numerous guests commented on what a beautiful ceremony it was, and complimented Bruce. I highly recommend him as an officiant, he did an excellent job!

Profile Picture Kellen, 11/14/08, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Rev. Otto officiated our wedding in November, 2008. He was professional and courteous with us, our wedding party, and guests. Our ceremony was exactly how we wanted it to be. We appreciated his timely responses to any and all of our questions and would be happy to recommend him to any couples who are planning their wedding.

Profile Picture Lindsay, 11/8/08, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rev. Otto was the officiant at our wedding in August 2008. He was a pleasure to work with - professional, organized and took care of all the details. He made the entire process very simple and we didn't have to worry about a thing.

We just received our wedding video and enjoyed watching back Bruce's homily which was very heartfelt and which we will remember for years to come. We received numerous compliments about Bruce from our guests and were very happy we chose him as our officiant.

Profile Picture Danika, 8/23/08, 5 Reviews