Spirit and Light Reviews

23 | Glendale, AZ

23 Reviews for Spirit and Light

Lorraine · Married on 02/17/2018

Truly amazing. So professional and personal

Sent on 02/22/2018

Spirit and Light's reply:

Rainie, you and your family were wonderful to work with. I enjoyed meeting all of you, and spending time together.
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 11/18/2017

Jody was wonderful. She is easy to talk to and plans custom ceremonies for each client. She helps you decide on what is most important to you and builds the ceremony around your needs. She is the best.

Sent on 04/30/2018

Spirit and Light's reply:

Thank you so much, Jennifer! I truly enjoyed working with you, and being a part of your celebration.

Jody is an amazing officiant!! I am so pleased we went with her, she has a real talent and a way with words! I was already tearing up before I even started reading my vows!!

Sent on 01/03/2017

Eileen · Married on 05/16/2016

I have known Jody for many years. She is one of the kindest and most loving people I know. She is bright, funny, articulate and an excellent writer. When it came time for me to get married, I could think of no one else to officiate. We wanted to write our own vows and did not necessarily want a traditional "service." Jody spoke extremely meaningful passages and created the perfect ceremony for us, with our input. She emailed us excellent suggestions for writing our own vows and some do's and don'ts to make our special day even more so. Each ceremony is different and she prints them into a booklet. There's very little "repeat after me" and we didn't have to memorize our vows or prepare note cards. We each sent our vows directly to Jody so the other heard them for the first time at the ceremony and she kept it confidential. Jody sent the text of our ceremony to us via email (minus the vows) so we could review it and make any changes we wanted, customizing it to our desires. She also offers additional "add in" ceremonies, i.e., sand, hand binding, etc. We chose to do the sand and it was a beautiful touch. Jody is extremely easy to work with, removing much stress from a stressful day.

Sent on 06/17/2016

Spirit and Light's reply:

I was so honored to be a part of this heartfelt wedding ceremony. It was a meaningful experience for the officiant, too.

Jessica · Married on 03/20/2015

After knowing Jody for the past few years, when it came time for me to get married, I knew I did not want anybody else to fill the position as officiant. Her words are truly beautiful, and the ceremony was spectacular. She knew exactly what to say (both before and during the ceremony) to make my day perfect.

Sent on 03/25/2015

Spirit and Light's reply:

Jessi -- It was my genuine pleasure to be your officiant. There was true joy in the day, and I was so happy to be present when you and Luke launched the rest of your life.

Katie · Married on 03/15/2014

I love Jody. She did amazing for a non traditional wedding.. She made our day so special and did exactly the way we imagined and even more.. Thanks!

Sent on 03/24/2014

Spirit and Light's reply:

Katie, the pleasure was also mine. You were a wonderful couple to work with. I wish you both every happiness.

Amber · Married on 04/18/2013

Jody was great! She was very responsive to my million questions that I had for her, and she helped us out with lots of ideas to make our ceremony our own. We loved working with her and all of our guests said how beautiful our ceremony was, and we agree! She also gave us the beautiful ceremony booklet that she read from, so we will have that forever! It's the coolest thing! Thank you Jody!

Sent on 04/20/2013

Spirit and Light's reply:

It is always a pleasure to officiate for a couple as gracious as you two are. It truly was an honor.

Craig · Married on 03/15/2013

Jody was awesome. I contacted her just a few weeks prior to the wedding and she was able to make room for us. She came to our house and we have a great little wedding (short...just how we like it!). Thanks Jody it was a great day and it made my father so very happy!

Craig & Stephanie

Sent on 03/29/2013

Cathy · Married on 03/03/2013

It was so special to us to have Jody perform our wedding ceremony. She puts such love into designing a ceremony that is unique to each of her couples. She asked us questions and somehow wrote just what was in our hearts. She made the ceremony fun and having her so truly happy for us meant everything.

Sent on 03/08/2013

Spirit and Light's reply:

Cathy and Justin, it was both a pleasure and an honor to be with you on such a wonderful day. I truly will remember it as being very special, indeed.
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 02/16/2013

I love Jody! She was just prefect for our little wedding, that turned out to be bigger then planned hahaha! She made our vows just prefect and wonderful!

Sent on 06/19/2013

Rachel · Married on 12/08/2012

beautifully done... Exactly what we wanted for our wedding. She is thorough, friendly and knows how to guide you through the process. She gives you a copy to read by email and one at the end for your memory book. Our friends and family commented how beautiful the service was. We couldn't ask for more.

Sent on 12/13/2012

Tania · Married on 11/17/2012

Jody was great to work with, she provided us many ideas on how to customize our vows/ceremony. Rehearsed with us the night before and the day of, her opening and closing were exactly what we wanted our ceremony to be.

Sent on 11/28/2012

Raelynn · Married on 03/29/2012

Jody was amazing! She helped to make our ceremony really represent us. We were able to include a lei exchange &the sand ceremony.
    She wrote the entire ceremony based on conversations we had in person, over the phone, & through email. Then when everything was finished we were given the personalized book that she read from. She also joined us the night before for our rehearsal & stayed after until my husband & I were happy &the comfortable with how everything would be the next day.

Sent on 05/08/2012

Spirit and Light's reply:

It was my pleasure to officiate the wedding for this very special couple. I truly enjoyed being a part of their heartfelt preparations.

Ashlea · Married on 10/21/2011

Jody,
    Thank you so much for making our day the most memorable, yet. I cannot wait to see the pictures from the ceremony. Your words and blessing mean more than I can describe. Nick and I could not be more thrilled that you could share our day with us and be the one to unite us in love! See you soon!

Sent on 10/29/2011

Spirit and Light's reply:

Ashlea and Nick, you are a spectacular couple, and wonderful individuals. It was a true pleasure working with both of you, and sharing in an occasion that clearly had deep meaning and significance for you. It was a memorable and treasured experience being your officiant.

Pat · Married on 11/07/2010

Jody allowed us to add or delete whatever we wanted from the ceremony and that was very important to us. We could not have asked for anyone to be more professional and absolutely what we wanted. We can not say enough kind words about her.

Sent on 11/13/2010

Spirit and Light's reply:

You are lovely, gracious people and it was a pleasure making your ceremony what you wanted it to be. I wish you many, many years of happiness.
  • Lanice

Lanice · Married on 10/23/2010

Jody is great. She does things in a timely manner, she listens to what you want and gets a read on you and then puts together what she is going to say then sends you a copy. If there is anything you don't like she changes it. So simple! I loved having her as my Officiant!

Sent on 11/11/2010

Spirit and Light's reply:

The pleasure was mine. I thoroughly enjoyed being a part of a day filled with so many lovely people.

Kelly · Married on 03/11/2010

5 stars is not enough to express our appreciation for Jody's talent. She asked just a few questions and wrote the most beautiful words to capture our feelings for each other. Also the booklet provided so we would always have our vows was perfect. I recommend Spirit and Light to anyone hoping for a worry free ceremony.

Sent on 03/25/2010

Spirit and Light's reply:

Thank you so much, Kelly. I truly enjoyed being your officiant.

Kathy · Married on 12/19/2009

The ceremony was beautiful and perfectly tailored to our needs. We were extremely happy with everything and highly recommend Spirit and Light for your wedding!

Sent on 01/12/2010

Marisa · Married on 10/10/2009

We recently had Jody as our officiant for our beautiful wedding. We couldn't have asked for a more amazing person to lead our ceremony. Her words of wisdom and encouragement as well as her prayers and insight were beyond our expectations and will live in our hearts forever. She is very understanding of any issues that may arise and will do what is in her power to help ease them. Jody is wonderful and made our ceremony exceptional.

Sent on 10/25/2009

Amanda · Married on 07/17/2009

Jody was by far the best choice for our intimate, family oriented ceremony. My wedding took place in my 7th month of pregnancy, a destination wedding that also included my 3 year old son as part of our Ceremony. With all these different variables it might have been hard to find someone open enough to make our ceremony a memorable and special one, but Jody was simply AMAZING! Her words, her thoughts, her prayers and encouragment resonated through our ceremony and her voice will forever be engraved in my memory of my special day! I can't thank Jody enough for all she did for us...simply WONDERFUL!

Sent on 08/04/2009
  • kdwilso1

Karen · Married on 04/11/2009

Jody was excellent! She is worked with us to develop a ceremony that was specific to us. And she went above and beyond to meet with us! :)

Sent on 04/21/2009

Lynda · Married on 04/10/2009

I cannot say enough about Jody Serey. She was able to read our needs and our energy in such a short period of time to give us exactly what we needed and wanted. She is a wonderful writer and developed our Ceremony text without much direction...She was responsive and available for change when we needed it. She definetley took the time to connect with us to make sure that she was providing a very special ceremony for our needs. She did a great job calming nerves when needed and was a very soothing voice for a stressful time. I would recommend Jody to anyone, especially those looking for something off the beaten path....

Sent on 04/22/2009

Amanda · Married on 03/24/2012

Jody was wonderful to work with. She returned emails promptly, gave us valuable feedback on our ceremony, and most importantly, was on time for all of our functions!

Sent on 04/10/2012

Spirit and Light's reply:

I was happy to be a part of your celebration, and to officiate your wedding.