Spintronix Entertainment, LLC Reviews

20 | Daly City, CA

20 Reviews for Spintronix Entertainment, LLC

Kayla Story · Getting married on 03/08/2021

Hire them!

Deciding to work with Spintronix for all lighting, AV, and DJ services was one of the best decisions we made in the wedding planning process. Throughout the process, ours plans shifted many times due to COVID and each time they were flexible, thoughtful in their response, and willing to work with us to make the day happen. Eric Yee, our main contact, went above and beyond to make sure everything was taken care of. He took the time to visit our new venue site (my family's backyard), worked with us to revise multiple schedules and services, and always responded quickly.

In a season of many changes and unknowns, Eric was always self sufficient. Above all, he provided us the relief of a dependable vendor who would make it work no matter what. That was such a gift to us on our big day.

Finally, our guests could not stop complimenting our music throughout the night. Spintronix did a great job sticking to our schedule, giving emcee cues, and setting the tone for each moment. Our highlight of the night was the DJ's selections for the dance party. When looking at the intricacies of a wedding budget, invest with them. It is well worth the value!

Sent on 08/25/2020
  • Diana

Diana Lu · Married on 08/31/2019

In Good Hands.

After planning our wedding with 200 guests, my biggest takeaway is to work with people you trust wholeheartedly to execute. Recommendations are key and I'm so glad that our friends recommended Eric Yee.

He was amazing from beginning to end! Not only did he do a stellar job lighting our wedding at the Oceano Hotel and Spa ballroom and atrium, but he also added so much value by taking time to walk us through other aspects of our wedding. He was extremely patient, responsive, talented, worked with our budget, and was there during our wedding to adjust our monogram. We are so appreciative of his work!

Sent on 09/08/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren Joe · Married on 07/06/2019

We love Spintronix!

My husband and I had the pleasure of working with Spintronix for our wedding a few months ago. From the start, Eric was very easy to work and communicate with- he was able to accommodate all of our music requests, even when we decided to switch up our bridal party entrance completely a few days before! Eric, EL, and Mike were very professional and setup/broke down quickly and seamlessly. Eric MCed the event and was so personable that you would have thought we had been friends forever! They were also able to accommodate all kinds of music genres...had to keep the parents happy and give them some requests too :)

I have been to countless weddings that always have sound hiccups with mics during the ceremony....Our sound went smoothly and seamlessly- audio was clear and crisp.

Overall they experts at what they do, and were at lot of fun to work with- I would highly recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 08/27/2019
  • Eva

Eva L · Married on 06/15/2019

Vision in Pink!

Eric is awesome!! We hired him for music and lighting for the wedding and he went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect.

He made everyone feel comfortable with their entrances, speeches, etc and the lighting was exactly what I envisioned and Eric turned that into a reality. Anything we ask him for suggestions, he was great. He gave us a song list to choose from, lighting options, super detailed and thorough to ensure that our day was special.

Definitely would recommend Eric to other couples, he's prompt, professional and fun to work with!

Sent on 06/17/2019

Monica · Married on 11/04/2017

My husband and I had an fantastic experience with Scotty Fox for our wedding. He was always very quick to respond and easy to work with. He kept us informed on what he needed and when, and was patient and accommodating throughout the process. He helped us choose the lighting color that would look best in our venue, and even cut our first dance song for us just as we wanted it. We were able to handle everything over the phone and email until just a few days before the wedding, when he attended the final walkthrough we had scheduled with some other vendors.

At the wedding, he was a great emcee and of course a great DJ. He was able to read the floor amazingly and the dance floor was packed all night long. We got so many compliments on the music! He seamlessly intertwined Latin music to please my Venezuelan family with more “typical” wedding music for everyone. We were so impressed with how amazingly everything went with Scotty Fox and 10000% recommend him!

Sent on 04/17/2018

Pam · Married on 04/18/2015

We were lucky to have DJ Scotty Fox to DJ our wedding in April 18,2015. He was on time and the music selection was awesome. He was very accommodating and he played many special requests during the evening as we danced the night away. Everyone at our wedding had a blast! We would definitely recommend Spintronix.

Sent on 06/01/2015

Linda · Married on 03/07/2015

Look no further than Spintronix. Mark Valderama is the consummate MC and lighting designer and aside from ensuring that the dancing goes on all night and everyone has a great time, he reads the crowd expertly and makes all the right choices of tunes to play in collaboration with his team of DJs. He has over ten years experience and I especially liked that he was already familiar with my venue at The City Club of San Francisco. I trusted him completely and we didn't even talk in depth about the music until the day before and he nailed it perfectly!

Sent on 03/20/2015

DJ Scotty Fox was one of the best decisions we made in planning our wedding. He kept us dancing the whole night through -- pleasing many age groups simultaneously while keeping the mood joyous and festive. The dance floor was packed the entire night! He’s very easy to work with -- eager to take suggestions from us -- and showed up to the day on time and with his full gear ready to go. Really -- this guy is great! Also, he emceed the reception and dinner with great success as well. DJ Scotty Fox is the DJ to get for a great wedding!

Sent on 10/27/2014
  • Anna Banana

Anna · Married on 11/23/2013

They got to the venue on time. Set up went flawless. We received many compliements on the song selections because we didn't do any of it. We were too busy with the wedding planning so we put it all on the DJ and his team to put it all together. They knew what songs worked and adjusted when needed to keep people on the dance floor. I had a rocking good time. This is a professional DJ company... not somebody's hobby or side business on the weekends. It was well worth the money.

Sent on 12/06/2013

Charles Kang · Married on 09/21/2013

Spintronix is one of those do-it-all type services. They provided us with a great DJ, lighting and sound, and a great MC/event coordinator. Our wedding went as smooth as it possibly could despite the weather not cooperating earlier in the day and almost ruining the sound and lighting equipment. Everything worked out great and we couldn't be any happier.

Sent on 10/29/2013

Eric and the Spintronix team might have been the best part of our wedding (and that's saying a lot since we had TONS of wonderful vendors). They had out guests up dancing the ENTIRE night which was great. I got so many complements about how FUN the wedding was and I think that had a large part to do with Spintronix. They also did cool uplighting in the room (which wasn't exactly what I had had described that I wanted, but it turned out really well)! Go with Spintronix!

Sent on 11/05/2012

We LOVED our DJ. I can't say much more than that. They were professional, quick to respond and did an AMAZING job at our wedding! They were so easy to work with and responded immediately to our initial outreach and even were willing to work with our budget. DJ Scott was our assigned DJ - we met him ahead of time and he was so great. Once dancing started, people did not leave the dance floor. I HIGHLY recommend them!

Sent on 09/18/2012

We had an incredible experience using Spintronix for our wedding DJ and lighting. They made sure to fulfill our vision and were super detail oriented - from the size of our gobo light, the color of lighing, the flow of our song list, etc. I would not hesitate to use them again for another large event.

Sent on 07/28/2012

Christine · Married on 06/05/2010

We cannot say enough about how great Allan Perez & DJ Scotty Fox were at our wedding!! The lighting made our venue look AMAZING, the stencil silhouette that was projected onto our dancefloor was beautiful, the emcee skills that Allan had were great, music was on-point for our whole program and the mixes that were played throughout the night were OFF the HOOK!!! Allan and Scott were very professional throughout the planning process. They were very responsive and met with us if anything needed to be discussed in detail. We knew that they were great before we even met with them, so we felt very comfortable putting everything in their hands. We had a beach/island themed wedding and had hawaiian reggae songs playing throughout the day, along with the best late 90s jams and recent ones that night. Scott had the crowd on the dancefloor before the dancing portion even started - you could literally see people singing the songs as they were walking around, getting their food, etc. Even us, as the bride & groom, were singing the songs too! Our money-dance mix was dope, the reception dancing was like a super jumpin' club with all our closest friends & family and we could not ask for more. Even as I'm typing this, I don't feel like there are enough stars on YELP or enough room on here for me to type to do them justice! Just listen to the mixes on Scotty Fox's blogsite from the June 5 Tugadi wedding and you'll see what I mean. Thank you Spintronix - Allan & Scott, you guys definitely made our wedding a day & night to remember!!!! XOXOXO!!

Sent on 06/29/2010

Sonja · Married on 12/26/2010

We booked Spintronix for lighting and DJ. Eric was very helpful and gave us a lot of help throughout the planning process. I was so wrapped up in the planning process that I did not really know where to begin. With a little guidance from Eric, I was able to have a clearer focus. We worked on listing out songs we want / don't want and once that's sent to him, we're all set. Unfortunately, during the cake cutting, I think the song played was not the exact one I gave him... Other than that, everything went perfectly.

The lighting of the Reception Ballroom at Stanford Court Hotel was done beautifully! I had wanted pink or burgundy up lighting. And the moment I walked into the room, I was very happy with the effect. It gave out a very warm ambiance and made the big chandeliers look even more magnificent somehow.

Eric was also the MC at the wedding reception. He did the introductions for us and the wedding party to enter the room, and got all the guests excitement level up. I loved it! He helped with the table toasting and guided us from table to table so that we have time to get to everyone. At the end, when it was time for dancing, I could see that all the guests were up there on the dance floor, even ones that will not dance!

Eric made the night fun and memorable, so I will definitely recommend him for weddings and events! He can also help with wedding coordinating if you need it.

Sent on 03/11/2011

Cynden · Married on 02/04/2017

We booked Spintronix after listening to online samples of their DJs' performances and loving what we heard from JE. We wanted to go with someone who would keep the party going, and that's exactly the vibe we got from Eric (the contact point) when we spoke over the phone. He insisted that they avoided corny wedding songs and aimed to make the reception feel like a party. And boy did they deliver. There wasn't a moment during our reception that the dance floor wasn't packed. There were even moments when my wife and I had to entertain guests and were wishing we were out on the dance floor instead. JE kept everyone in the groove, and Eric was a great MC who kept things moving. The only drawback would be that emails were sometimes left lingering for a few days with no reply, but our wedding was also just after the holidays so I'm sure they were busy. I had also intended to do a special routine during the garter toss and requested that a certain song not be played until I signaled, but this was overlooked and I was left waiting until JE could start the song over. However, these were minor hiccups and the overall service was fantastic. If you want a wedding reception that is jumping with energy and keeps the party going all night, these are your guys.

Sent on 02/26/2017

Megan Sweeney · Married on 05/11/2019

3.0

Great to work with!

Spintronix was on the recommended vendor list I was given by our venue and I was really pleased with how everything turned out for our reception. They were one of our best vendors. I wish I could have used them for lighting etc. since that would have saved us some money, however our venue required us to use the in house services. I researched other MC/DJ vendors but they seemed to be the best value and had multiple DJ choices and chose the one that fit our vibe the best. They were really easy to work with, played everything we asked for and Eric was a great MC for the evening. I worked with Eric directly, communicating mostly through e-mail and met with him once a few weeks before the wedding in person. He was very helpful and easy to work with.

Sent on 09/13/2019

SO GLAD WE WORKED WITH THEM! They know exactlyI worked with Eric for my wedding ceremony and reception. Spintronix was a preferred vendor. Initially, Spintronix was not responsive. It took me 2 or 3 emails to get any kind of response or quote from them. I was contemplating looking for another DJ. When they finally responded, communication was great!
    On the my wedding day, the music for the ceremony was perfect. The audience could hear everything perfectly (despite the ceremony being outdoors). They helped with streamlining the timeline and made sure everything was ON TIME.
    The music at the end of the night made for a dance party.
    The only feedback I received from my friends is that during the speeches, it was difficult to hear because of the background noise.
    They also provided a projector and screen for the slideshow. Awesome venue to work with!

Sent on 09/04/2015

Liz · Married on 09/13/2008

It was a pleasure working with Spintronix and they very professional. They were probably the only vendor I did not have to stress over. And I'm gald they played appropriate music for the adults!

Sent on 06/26/2009

Grace · Married on 02/17/2008

3.8
      3.5
      3.5

Great DJ and being MC. They played the right music for every part of our reception and made it fun and involving for all of our guests. Great selection of music!

Sent on 02/17/2009