Spinelli's Reviews

Spinelli's 2
Spinelli's 3
Spinelli's 4
Spinelli's 5

AWESOME little historical venue! And the inn is terrific too! Wonderful areas for photos, dressing, gathering, even a little bar in the dressing area for snacking the wedding party as they get ready. The whole place was just perfect and magical in every way! And VERY affordable with no surprises!

Sent on 09/02/2014

Amanda · Married on 08/31/2014

I LOVED MY WEDDING VENUE! We got married at Spinelli's Hill Country cathedral, it was beautiful, they took care of so much for us. Victor was wonderful, professional, and always available- just a phone call away. The venue is beautiful in and of itself and I got so many compliments from guests on the location. You should get married here- highly recommend it!

Sent on 10/02/2014

Berlin · Married on 07/06/2014

Spinelli and Staff! Thank you, thank you, and thank you. You all made our wedding dream a reality in less than three months. From when we first visited the venue to our big day, and after, we felt welcomed by everyone. Everything from the ceremony to the reception went as planned and we are happy.

The foods OMG! (Leg of Lamb and Chicken Marsala) were exquisite and delicious. Everyone loved the foods.

The cottage was very convenient for all our friends and families. With our low wedding budget, we received A Five Star treatment. Thank you!

That is true; we arrived as strangers and left as friends. We can’t ever thank you enough for helping us. Well done and well earned!

Junko & Berlin

Sent on 07/19/2014

Vicki · Married on 12/31/2013

My husband and I got married at Spinelli's Cathedral in Comfort, Texas on December 31st 2013. It was the perfect wedding at the perfect venue. The old world charm was incredible. Dennis Spinelli and his staff did a fantastic with the food and decorations. My husband is still raving about one of the dishes Dennis prepared for the reception! Pork with red pepper sauce. It is a must try!

From the first moment we visited The Cathedral and met Dennis and Victor we knew it was the perfect venue. Beautiful and the warmth and enthusiasm exhibited where unbelievable!

The entire staff made our experience one never to be forgotten! They were there to answer any questions we might have at any time. They made us feel like we were the only two people they needed to attend to.

The venue offered so much. Beautiful grounds and spots to do many outdoor activities, as well as, a bride's cottage. The cottage was perfect for spending time with your bridesmaids and getting ready for the big event. I loved it!

Can't say too much about the wonderful food and service at the reception! Every dish was superb! My fav was the chicken with a mushroom sauce that was to die for. Great quality at a reasonable cost!

I highly recommend Spinelli's Cathedral for your upcoming wedding!

Sent on 06/04/2014

Elizabeth · Married on 11/10/2013

Mr. Spinelli and his staff at Spinelli's Cathedral were amazing to work with. They are a one stop shop. Their venues are gorgeous and so accommodating, their catering is delicious and service is 5 stars! We felt at all times well taken care of especially with their coordinator Victor Campos!

Sent on 11/29/2013

Emily · Married on 04/27/2013

Dennis is awesome to work with and is very reasonable! my wedding was amazing and couldn't have done it without him and his staff!

Sent on 06/03/2013

From beginning to end, Dennis and his staff made my daughter's wedding easy to plan and effortless to execute. The setting was gorgeous, the food was delicious (nothing like banquet food) and the overall experience was just what she wanted. We had a large wedding-almost 400 people, so it is difficult to find a venue that is able to accomodate that size crowd and manage the flow well. Through the use of the dance area the outdoor settings, the patios and the fabulous covered banquet hall, we never felt congested or crowded. We had a photo booth and other photo areas, along with two bar areas and, even with all of those things going on, everyone moved about with lots of freedom.
    An overall fantastic experience. Love you Dennis. One more daughter to go!

Sent on 06/03/2013

Jennifer · Married on 03/10/2013

We had our wedding at the cathedral, and I cannot imagine a more perfect venue! It had everything I wanted: indoor church and reception areas in case of bad weather, both the church and reception area were on the same property so no one got lost in between, and both places were so beautifully decorated that I spent NOTHING on decorations (except table top decor). Dennis Spinelli is a gracious host and will answer every single question and give helpful tips from his years of experience. He even allowed a special viewing of the venue on a holiday week because that was the only time my bridesmaids were in town.
    We also went with his catering from the restaurant he owns and it was just fabulous. I actually loved the food at my wedding which not many brides can say. All together, it was perfect.

Sent on 05/31/2013

Beautiful and Elegant
    The wedding was absolutely perfect. An All-In-One place. The ceremony was held in a picturesque cathedral that was breath takingly beautiful. The courtyard is beautiful. The dining/dancing rooms are perfect. The food was outstanding and the personal service of the owners and staff are remarkable. So very reasonable. So perfect that little decorations were needed. Perfectly located.....Just Awesome!

Sent on 11/09/2012

Mikala · Married on 08/03/2012

I got married in the middle of the week and that saved on the price of the venue. This was important to me and my husband to be since we are both putting ourselves through school and do not have a lot of money saved up. However, because the Cathedral lends itself already to the most beautiful place possible, our wedding looked like a million bucks. Dennis, prepared the Italian buffet, (absolutely delicious) and gave an extra hand to help my grandmother who had trouble walking. He also is full of life and brought many smiles to the happiest day of our life. I would give this venue an A++ all around. Great service, food, and dancing all night. Thank you to Dennis and Spinelllis Cathedral staff.

Sent on 10/20/2012

Andrea · Married on 08/03/2012

My wedding and reception at the Cathedral was just as I had dreamed of. The beautiful old
    Church and the grounds with its colored lighting made me feel as though I was in Fairyland.
    It was the perfect and a wonderful way to start my new life. The people at the Cathedral were
    very generous with their time and help in planning it all. The attactive dining and dancing halls
    added to the atmosphere as well as the friendly staff.

Sent on 10/20/2012

Pati · Married on 12/17/2011

Plan ahead. Popular dates in the year fill up quickly. We made some large last minute changes and although Dennis was able to accommodate us, that might not always be the case.

Sent on 12/26/2011

jeff · Married on 11/25/2011

Awesome place to get married, Great staff and the owner is easy to deal with.

We highly reccomend this place the value was great compared to other venues in the area.

all around it is a 10 out of 10...

Sent on 12/23/2011

Steven · Married on 11/05/2011

Spinelli's was an excellent choice. The venue options and porfessionalism of the planning staff was the best we interviewed.
    Everything was handled with the utmost deference to the Bride
    & Grooms wishes and desires.
    It all went off without a hitch.
    The venue was beautiful, the catering was excellent and the staff made sure that every guest was attended to and had a great time.
    And the value received was 2nd to none. We still cannot beleive everything tha was in our pacjkage for the cost. We highly recomend taht anyone planning a wedding talk with Spinneli's before making a decision. It will be the best time you spend in your planning for such a momentous occasion in your and/or your loved one's life together.

Sent on 12/25/2011

Lisa · Married on 10/22/2011

My husband and I were searching for the perfect venue and came across SPINELLIS VISTRO in Boerne. From the moment we stepped into this business, all staff was amazing and always wanting to to assist in any way possible! This is a wonderful, all inclussive venue from holding an outside ceremony to a classic sit down dining experience to your wedding party staying the night in one of SPINELLIS cottages. This establishment is one astonishing night that my family will continue to talk about at family get togethers!

Sent on 12/11/2011

Spinelli's's reply:

THanks:)

Arturo · Married on 08/15/2011

I'd like to thank the owners, Dennis and Denise, for making my wedding immaculate. We didn't have to do anything. They sat down with us and went over exactly what we wanted. They have it all: food, church, and hall. They made planning my wedding fun and best of all, they were reasonable and worked within my budget. The gardens surround the patio and the wedding hall with their arbors, flowers, and majestic pecan trees. They were enchanting. We had a lovely reception outside and in the beautiful hall. Dennis took care of the food. Wow!! It was an absolutely divine wedding. We had 200 guests, and we were all seated quaintly in the cathedral. The altar was exquisite with enormous pots of greenery and white flowers and the candlit chandelier that hung down over our ceremony gave a fairytale effect. The music filled the air through hidden wall speakers and made it magical. I had 8 bridesmaids and my husband had 8 groomsmen. After that we moved to the reception hall. We had a night of fun, music and dance! What a venue! And that was not all! They had our wedding rehearsal dinner at their other property, the Spinelli's Library. What an impressive restaurant! We had 50 guests, and we had the Italian buffet for dinner, and I'm still craving it! You can't beat it!

Sent on 11/23/2011

D · Married on 06/13/2011

My husband and I were married at Spinelli's Vistro in Boerne in 2011. Dennis and his staff really created a lovely, whimsical evening for us on our special day. We had our ceremony in the lovely Library Hall, with a cocktail hour to follow. Then we (AND our 150 guests) were moved out to the gorgeous patios for a candlelight dinner. The Vistro staff had the fireplace going, and we even had a violinist playing in the corner! It was perfect and oh-so-romantic! After dinner, we all headed upstairs to boogy down with the DJ for our favorite part: the disco!! : )) We had rented the suite on the property and our bridal party rented out the 7 cottages, so we all partied on the patio after most of the wedding guests had retired for the night. We ALL had such a blast, and I was in love, LOVE, with this beautiful, unique hill country charm from day one of meeting Dennis and getting the tour. My husband and I knew right away that this was the place, and that we would regret it if we didn't book for our date right then and there. Special thanks to theknot for showing us the way, and also to Dennis Spinelli and his wonderful, hardworking staff for going out of their way to ensure the perfect wedding day! Thank you thank you thank you so so much!

Sent on 11/23/2011

margaret · Married on 04/02/2011

We really liked the setting and food. Everything was taken care of for us and we could relax and enjoy the wedding and reception. The Spinellis are great to work with and very sensitive to our needs and preferences.

Sent on 12/16/2011

DD · Married on 01/12/2011

Perfect all inclusive venue has it all! posted 5/22/2011
    Spinelli's had everything I wanted for our wedding...outside chapel for ceremony, inside glamour for reception. Dennis Spinelli was absolutely fabulous, going above and beyond to make us feel special before, during, and after our wedding! Coordinator Crystal was just as fabulous and always available for all my last minute questions or changes. The food was to die for, everyone LOVED it! The wedding suite was perfect for getting ready and for our kids after the ceremony. We all took advantage of staying on the property & enjoyed breakfast the next morning. THANK YOU!!

Sent on 08/24/2011

Dennis · Married on 01/12/2011

We were amazed at the care, cleanliness, quality of food, and friendliness of Spinelli's. It was a dream come true.

Sent on 12/15/2011

Dennis · Married on 01/12/2011

Great service and venue. The owner is friendly and responsive to every wish.

Sent on 12/19/2011
  • User4219090 · 2+ years ago

Dennis and Victor were fabulous to work with, I felt like they were extended family as they helped with one of the most important days of my daughters life! If I ever had a question, they responded quickly, and were above
    and beyond accommodating with our requests. I hope we will have another opportunity to use the beautiful cathedral venue again! I can't say enough good things about Dennis, Victor, and the wonderful comfort venue. I highly recommend! Melinda

Sent on 07/02/2014

Erin · Married on 05/14/2017

This is a beautiful venue. The chapel, grounds, rental houses and hall are all kept clean and have a lovely rustic elegance. The food is delicious, and the staff are wonderful, friendly people. They treated us like family. The entire staff went above and beyond to be helpful to us and our guests. So grateful! I can't wait to have a reason to have another party there!

Sent on 12/30/2017
  • Shirleen

Shirleen · Married on 09/01/2013

Of all the compliments we received for our wedding, the venue was one of the top two aspects that were so highly complimented! The moment we stepped foot on Spinelli's Hill Country Cathedral, we knew it was the spot for our wedding. Beautiful 100+-year-old rock wall chapel for the ceremony, reception on same location with some recent upgraded construction, beautiful landscape, and the drive out to Comfort, TX from San Antonio provides for nice rolling hills scenery. We like to refer to it as our driveable destination wedding. Dennis and Victor were all a big help in making sure that all the details of our wedding were squared away. The day of, Victor, Tori, and other staff had the venue set up exactly to how we described it. And they were all too willing to make a couple of minor changes. Even though there was a wedding the night before, everything was clean and prepped for our wedding. I would highly recommend this place as a wedding venue! Once you set eyes on it, and it fits the overall theme of the wedding, the travel out to Comfort is very much worth it! Thank you to all at Spinelli's for helping make The Oldham Wedding a dream come true.

Sent on 09/05/2013

Dennis was really nice. My only complaint was my ceremony was late starting because they couldn't get the music to work.

Sent on 12/25/2012