32 Reviews for Spina

Event Design (1)
Set Up (1)
Flower Petals (1)
Table Arrangements (1)

Paul was an absolute pleasure to work with, from start to finish. We wanted something a little out of the box, and the minute we discussed our color palette (indian wedding meets fall wedding) and our vague ideas of what we wanted it to look like, he ran with it and brought experience, knowledge, and a can-do attitude to the table. Everything looked lush and opulent and just lovely, and I don't think we could have fulfilled our vision for our wedding without it. Tremendously creative and very professional and easy to work with.

Profile Picture Ayan, 10/9/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Flower Petals, Table Arrangements, Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Set Up

Working with Paul and his staff at Spina was a wonderful experience. Paul understood my vision from our first meeting and was very helpful every step of the way. I would highly recommend working with Spina as they did an amazing job and were enjoyable to work with.

Profile Picture User5350436, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Paul did a fantastic job with the flowers for our wedding. When we first met with him, he started by getting to know us (even asking about my wife's dress) and told us exactly the types of flowers that would be in season and helped us craft beautiful arrangements that would fit us and our venue. Then, throughout the process he was flexible, easygoing, and always available to answer any questions. On the day of the wedding, my wife and I were thrilled with the various arrangements and Paul even went the extra mile by putting flowers in a few extra places.

We strongly recommend Paul to anyone looking for beautiful flowers and arrangements from a great guy.

Profile Picture Richard, 8/23/14, 6 Reviews
4.7

Paul gave us exactly what we wanted! Everything was absolutely stunning! He was very easy to talk to and we felt very comfortable asking for exactly what we wanted, and him and his team executed it flawlessly. It also didn't break the bank like we thought our 'flower budget' was going to. Very reasonably priced for excellent service and execution. I would highly recommend him!

Profile Picture Spencer, 6/28/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Paul was great! Very helpful with everything decor, not just the flowers!

Profile Picture User3485412, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Paul and his team really showcased our dream wedding. Paul has an impeccable vision and really captured all we imagined and more....if that is even possible. My husband and I were blown away by the amount of hard work that went into making our wedding a spectacular event. We trusted Paul and his team and gave him free will to do as he wished as far as decor went and till this day we never in a million years imagined to be a part of such a well designed, well organized, spectacular wedding! There aren't words to describe how wonderful Paul and his team are. We hope others are as lucky as we are to experience his talent in action. Thank you Paul and Spina team you really made our night!!!

Profile Picture Giselle, 6/14/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Paul and his team did amazing wedding flowers for us! I did *not* want traditional wedding flowers; I wanted a modern look. I told Paul no roses or hydrangeas--but I also didn't want to go too crazy with the budget. Not an easy task, since those are some of the more reasonably priced flowers! Paul did rows of beautiful draping white orchids from tall test tube vases for our ceremony set up, and then transitioned those same flowers over to the reception tables after the ceremony so that we could get the most bang for our buck. All of our guests oohed and ahhed over how gorgeous the flowers looked! Paul also provided advice on other wedding planning issues even though I hired him just for florals. I strongly recommend using Spina for your event.

Profile Picture Cassandra, 6/7/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Paul and his staff at Spina are wonderful. He is a great planner, very responsive and interactive and the final products were beyond our expectations. He was terrific to work with.

Profile Picture Larry, 9/29/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Paul is a genius! He has amazing ideas, and such a talent for table arrangements. In addition to the beautiful flowers, he also did our linens, the lighting, our escort cards, our menu cards, the boxes that the rings came in...you name it, he does it.
He is the best! I could not have imagined my special day without him!

Profile Picture Nina, 9/29/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Flowers

I had originally met with a florist that my mom had recommended and let's just say she was not understanding my image. I came across Spina on a wedding blog and reached out for a meeting. I met with Paul and I felt very comfortable since Paul was very professional and knew the type of flowers/image I wanted for my wedding. On my big day, Paul delivered the bouquets to my hotel room and pinned the grooms for their boutonnieres. Everything went so smoothly and the centerpieces Paul created were perfect. It was so "Mari-like" as my guests put it and I couldn't have asked for anything else.

Spina is great and they do beautiful flowers. I definitely recommend them for flowers for any occasion.

Profile Picture Mari, 9/15/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers

We got married on July 5, 2013 at Tribeca Rooftop in Manhattan. Paul and his team did an INCREDIBLE job! We were thrilled with the entire event and we especially appreciated the tone that was set by the decorations. From the first time we met with Paul, we just knew he was UNIQUE; however, it wasn't until our second meeting with him that we were convinced that there was no one else we wanted to work with. Paul had such CREATIVE and CLEVER ideas and he understood the concept that we were trying to create. We LOVED his suggestions and ideas and we could not be more impressed with his chuppah vision, it was FABULOUS! A wedding is a lot of work, the planning and organization are endless, but when you have your friend standing by your side to answer your questions and to give honest answers, rest assured that everything will turn out SPECTACULAR!!! Hiring Paul was one of the the BEST decisions we made!!! He became our friend and remained extremely professional every step of the way!
We appreciate the STUPENDOUS job he did. Thanks a million!!! Paul also did my bridal shower and he made it EXTRA SPECIAL. The room looked fabulous and everyone was asking who did the decorations. The flowers were a BIG hit and so were the additional touches that Paul added to spice up my hawaiian theme. The manager of the restaurant contacted me to praise Paul and his team for their efficiency and told me that they were a pleasure to work with. We will always be thankful to Paul and his team for the WONDERFUL job he did!!!

Profile Picture Karen, 7/5/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Paul and his team were INCREDIBLE to work with. I was completely overwhelmed with joy when we saw everything come together for our wedding and it was all thanks to Spina. Not only is Paul an incredible designer, he knows how to read his clients and DELIVERS.

The #1 compliment at my wedding was how amazing the floral arrangements were. He also came to the rescue when my Husband realized an hour before the wedding that no one knew how to actually tie a bowtie!

Not only were they the best vendor I worked with throughout my entire process (that's saying A LOT)...but we made a new friend along the way. Highly recommend.

Profile Picture Maria, 6/15/13, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Our florist, Paul from Spina was amazing from start to finish. He was extremely helpful with choosing flowers and arrangements that would best reflect our personalities and tone of our event. He also stayed within our budget which couples know is key when planning a wedding! I can't say enough about the quality of service and level of professionalism we received from Paul at Spina. He delivered a sample centerpiece a couple weeks prior to our wedding and I was overwhelmed with its beauty. The day of our wedding, Paul was prompt (which is extremely important when you're juggling 19 things at once on your wedding day) and the centerpieces, bouquets, corsages and boutonniers were absolutely stunning. We highly recommend Spina for your wedding or other flower related needs.

Profile Picture Heather, 6/1/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Paul and his team gave us beautiful flowers and a canopy for a fair price! He was very attentive to details and made sure everything was perfect! We could not have asked for better!

Profile Picture Kelly, 5/17/13, 11 Reviews
4.7

I would recommend Paul and his team to any and every bride in New York! He was wonderful for so many reasons, he was patient, flexible, professional and most important he stayed within my budget and delivered 110% of what was promised. Paul created floral arrangements for both my rehearsal dinner and wedding in Manhattan and everything was breathtaking. The flowers were the first thing my guests commented on and four months later our friends and family are still talking about them. Paul was at my venue first thing in the AM and worked tirelessly to make everything perfect, he even used extra flowers and branches to fashion an additional back drop for my ceremony. Paul does not deliver cookie-cutter arrangements, he is innovative and passionate about what he does and this shows in his work. I would work with him again in a heartbeat and hope that I get the chance to! Hire Spina, you won’t regret it!

Lindsay N.

Profile Picture Lindsay, 4/27/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Our florist was amazing, Paul's work is beautiful, I loved our ceremony decor, he did exactly what I aked of him and more. Our wedding bouquets and other personal flowers were also gorgeous. Paul is very professional, was on time on the day of the wedding and worked around my budget, which was a bit limited.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Tiff, 3/2/13, 8 Reviews
Category: Flowers

I could not be happier with choosing Spina to decorate for my wedding back in march of '13. I didn't have a big budget to play with and they were flexible with the things I selected, no minimum required as compared to others I've looked at. I made my own centerpieces and Paul and his team provided the bridal party flowers, seating cards table decor and the ceremony decor. Everything turned out so beautiful and they were very prompt and professional and communicated with me before the big day to make sure everything was in order. What I loved most was Paul's unique style and vision, especially since I did not want the old fashioned flower styles.

Profile Picture Tiffany, 3/2/13, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Paul and his team did an exceptional job on all of the decor for my wedding! From our first meeting through the execution of the wedding, Paul provided innovative ideas and was always available for questions. The flowers, chuppah and sprigs of rosemary completely kept in line with the "beach chic" aesthetic my husband and I strived to create. Everything was picture perfect!!

Profile Picture Lisa, 9/9/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Paul was wonderful to work with! He listened to what I wanted for the wedding and then had really great ideas about how to execute it. He made the whole process so simple and easy. And I LOVE how it turned out! I definitely recommend Paul if you want someone who knows what they are doing and is easy to work with.

Profile Picture User2649431, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Excellent Customer Service, Paul and Vanessa were delightful to work with and made my Wedding Day beautiful!!!

Profile Picture Cali, 8/25/12, 6 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Hiring Paul was one of the best decisions we made in wedding planning. He came well recommended by both our venue and by two good friends who had used him for their weddings. Not only was he a pleasure to work with and very responsive in answering all my questions, but he was full of incredible ideas. I’m admittedly awful at anything design related but he listened to all my visions then provided detailed suggestions to make décor of the evening something that would wow all our guests. He flawlessly combined the garden romance and chic elegance I desired with a modern twist that fit my husband’s taste and suited our venue. When we walked into the venue and saw his team’s final work we were beyond impressed – no detail was overlooked and he had surpassed all of our expectations. Paul strives for perfection and he delivers – we highly recommend him!

Profile Picture Marisa, 8/25/12, 6 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Paul was amazing! He listened to everything that I said and used his vision to actualize it all. He was able to work within our budget and a very short timeline. I would highly recommend him to any and everyone. On top of the great flowers he is also just a pleasure to sit and have a conversation with. Book him!

Profile Picture Kathleen, 8/17/12, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

We are so happy with the work Paul Diaz did for our ceremony and reception. What set him apart from other florists is he knew the venue and worked with my budget. Paul even was in contact with the catering manager to discuss any concerns he had on the venue. He was very into minimum decor and didn't try to sell us into spending more on anything he thought was not necessary. Our ceremony room looked like a scene from a movie and all our guests were very impressed.
Paul was easy to work with and my mother and I strongly recommend him to any one getting married in the New York area.

Profile Picture Jessica, 7/28/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers

Everything was exquisite. We got a lot of compliments about the arrangements. When my husband and I first met Paul (we were referred), he remembered the details of the referral, knew our venue, listened, had great ideas, promptly responded to our requests for changes, and handled our last-minute requests perfectly.

Profile Picture Mitch, 7/15/12, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Had my bridal shower at Spina and it was amazing. The chef Tony did a great job on the food! Even tho our party was a small group Paul went beyond expectation and made everything Perfect!
We also used them for our wedding planning and flowers. They listen to our every needs and worked within our budget. Very professional!!!! They made my wedding so elegant and perfect, I felt like a princess on my special day!! Thank you guys!! Would highly recommend to others.

Profile Picture R, 6/10/12, 1 Review