Spin the Dial Productions Reviews

Spin the Dial Productions 6
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 07/27/2019

Great Service & Beautifully Captured Moments

Candice was great to work with from our phone consultation to the day of our wedding and getting our trailer edit back. As we both work in entertainment we wanted to choose someone who had a greater understanding and appreciation for the craft and didn't just churn our videos as a business. We felt very confident in Candice's abilities and love having all the footage to look back on for years to come!

Sent on 09/18/2019
    Spin the Dial Productions 7
  • Jackie

Jackie Jones · Married on 06/15/2019

Best Wedding Video Ever!

Candice and Spin the Dial were a dream to work with! From the very first phone call, to the day of the wedding, to the finished delivered product, we were impressed the whole way through. Candice was a great communicator and worked perfectly with our other vendors the day of the wedding. During the ceremony and reception, she managed to blend into the crowd as to not interfere with any proceedings but still captured the most amazing footage. Watching our wedding video allowed us to re-live the big day and appreciate special moments all over again, many of which we didn't have enough time to truly take in during the wedding itself. It was also very impressive how she blended our vows and speeches perfectly into footage she shot during the day. We loved our finished video and are so happy we chose Spin the Dial as our wedding videographer. :)

Sent on 08/28/2019

Karmela · Married on 11/17/2017

We searched far and wide for a videographer for our wedding. It came to a point, where referrals and videos we found online all started to look the same. My husband and I were looking for a videographer that would be able to capture our personality and translate it into a video that we will remember forever and Spin the Dial did just that! All the videos in her portfolio are unique and true to the couples personality. It is not based on a generic template that a lot of videographers use these days.

We immediately hit it off with Candice (the owner) when we first had our Skype consultation. She was the sweetest and it felt like we had known her forever! She also became our friend shortly after that. She was super helpful, responsive and she gave us creative ideas and suggestions on all of her asks. We had so much crazy ideas in the beginning such as making an engagement video, video montage and she patiently stood by us with all our change of plans.

When it came to our wedding day, we didn’t even know that Candice and Ariel were filming our wedding! A lot of the shots that they had were taken from a distance, which made our wedding video very authentic. What we even loved the most is that Candice was able to translate our personality into film and watching it makes us relive our wedding day. They even got a shot of our cat in our wedding film, which we loved and didn't expect. All the emotions that we felt that day were summoned by that film! Watching our film makes us feel like we were transported back to that day and time. It is just truly magical!

Also, not to mention that Ariel even helped us out with transporting our alcohol to our wedding venue and he didn’t have to do that! Candice also referred us to our also amazing photographer! Overall, I highly recommend Spin the Dial. They exceeded our expectations and we cannot wait to work with them again in the future!!!

Sent on 01/16/2018

Ryan · Married on 10/20/2017

This was the easiest part of planning my wedding! I booked them and they showed up. They needed zero guidance and got the best shots. We ended up with a perfect video! It was touching and fun and we made zero edits to the final version. I highly recommend adding drone footage. What a cool view of the wedding that provided. Would book them again for any occasion I wanted to preserve in video.

Sent on 07/24/2018

Jocelyn · Married on 10/14/2017

Initially, I was hesitant to get a wedding video and I was worried that a videographer might be intrusive. But my first conversation with Candice put me at ease. She has a wonderful, positive attitude, that eliminated all my initial trepidation. Candice and her team made the videography process easy and I walked away from the weekend so happy that I had decided to get a video!
    Now that my husband and I have seen the footage, we could not be more excited to recommend Spin the Dial to anyone looking for an awesome videographer.
    Thank you Candice and Spin the Dial for contributing your time and awesome energy to our weekend.

Sent on 12/14/2017

Spin the Dial Productions's reply:

Thank you so much for trusting in me! You and Max are such a wonderful and inspiring couple! You made my job very easy. Lots of love to you both!

Veronica · Married on 10/07/2017

Early in our wedding planning my husband and I were given the advice to get a videographer to capture our wedding day and have it come to life in a way that photos can’t. We are so thankful that we took that advice and that we found Candice and Spin the Dial Productions!
    From initial meeting with Candice to final product she clearly demonstrated her high level of professionalism and artistic abilities. She was easy to work with and was a clear communicator and definitely listened to what we wanted as our final product. The night that we got our final video I had to stop myself from continuously watching it – Candice did a great job of truly capturing our wedding day and she understood and embodied the vibe we were going for! We look forward to many years of watching our wedding video and reliving a beautiful night that Candice so artistically captured. We would recommend anyone looking for a videographer to look into Candice and Spin the Dial – you guys are truly the best!

Sent on 11/22/2017

Spin the Dial Productions's reply:

OMG! You have no idea what this means to me! Thank you so much for your kind words and choosing me! It was such a perfect and fun night!

Raphael · Married on 09/23/2017

Candice was a pleasure to work with! She was professional and responsive and understood the look and feel we were aiming for in a videographer.

Sent on 12/31/2017

Mitch · Married on 08/06/2017

Of all the woulda coulda shouldas that we all reflect upon in the post mortem of that glorious blur of our wedding, do NOT -I repeat- do NOT let one of those regrets be that you didn't spring for the videographer that all your friends told you was a must. Then, once you've made the right choice, choose Spin the Dial! Candice and her crew work tirelessly and efficiently to create your perfect story. With film school training, boundless energy and sharp wit at their disposal, these folks have your back in every way possible. Low maintenance? Check. Great rates? Check. Don't pay in full until you get the cut of the video to your exact specifications with the opportunity to request music choices and give notes on first drafts? Check!

We loved working with Spin the Dial so much and watch our wedding video basically on repeat. Don't risk videographer FOMO! Hire Spin the Dial today!

Sent on 10/18/2017

Spin the Dial Productions's reply:

Awwwww! Mitch you're making me blush over here! You and Shoshie are true blue and such beautifully down to earth people! Thank you so incredibly much for trusting us with your wedding day! I adore you both!

Jennifer · Married on 08/04/2017

My daughter’s wedding video is everything we hoped for and more! They were able to capture unbelievable moments in time that we will have forever! They portrayed the vintage look of the wedding from start to finish. It is like watching a movie you never want to end. Truely an art form from private moments captured, to the chosen musical arrangements throughout the video, I can’t get enough! We will treasure this for all time...

Sent on 10/19/2017

Spin the Dial Productions's reply:

Mom!!! Thank you!!!!! I'm so happy that we were able to make this film for you to keep forever! I hope your ankle is fully healed now too! You are such a trooper to still rock it out for Jessica and Adam! Thank you for the kind words and letting me be a small part of your families lives!

Jessica · Married on 08/04/2017

Searching for a videographer is so important- I learned that quickly in helping friends plan their weddings and then planning my own. When people say they wished they would have gotten a videographer, its SO TRUE and I am so glad I did. It should be a top priority to every bride/groom.

Candice was easily the best vendor I worked with. HANDS DOWN. When I originally contacted her, we weren't sure if we were going to be able to work together due to scheduling conflicts. She made it work and she made me feel completely comfortable in every way. Not just through emails, not just through site messages but was fast to FaceTime, call, text and even meet in person. Like I mentioned before, planning a wedding can be crazy but the day of is even crazier. I only remembered small snippets of time, I was soooo overwhelmed. Candice and Ariel, truly got who we were and made an incredible video for us. I cried just because it changed my perspective of the whole experience. My poor Mom actually broke her ankle minutes before I walked down the aisle. Thanks to Candice and Ariel- she can actually look back and see what she literally couldn't the day of- her first born getting hitched. Candice and Ariel, I can't thank you enough, you reminded me that even though the day was crazy, when sh!t can really hit the fan, I will forever be grateful and in love with my wedding day because of you guys. You also gave us the best pricing by a long shot. No joke, the best price I got from any vendor. The fact that you offer final balance payment due upon receiving your final video is not only logical, it's f-ing RAD! I 100% will recommend and tell everyone I can about Spin the Dial!
    XOXOXOXOXOXOXX Love you guys!

Sent on 10/23/2017
    Spin the Dial Productions 8
    Spin the Dial Productions 9
    Spin the Dial Productions 10
    Spin the Dial Productions 11
    Spin the Dial Productions 12

Spin the Dial Productions's reply:

Girl! Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart for all the love! You are truly one in a million and I am so so so grateful that we were able to capture your wedding day ! And I am DEEPLY honored to be your favorite!! :D I hope we get to make more movies soon! You know, we can make a movie for you just because its a Tuesday, or because you had a really good burrito. Whatever it is, I'm down!

Courtney · Married on 07/22/2017

Candice of Spin the Dial was so great to work with! From our very first conversation even before booking her, I felt like I was speaking with a friend. She even took us out for coffee to meet in person before the big day, so we had a chance to get to know each other and feel comfortable with one another. On our wedding day, Candice blended into our wedding seamlessly and she was able to get some amazing video footage of the event! We love the highlights film she produced - she captured all the most important parts of the evening and melded it all together so beautifully. Her video is one of our favorite keepsakes from the day - such a great way to revisit all the details and emotions of the special moments. Candice also charges fair prices for what you get! Can't go wrong :)

Sent on 09/27/2017

Karina · Married on 05/27/2017

I don't know where to begin! First of all, typically I don't leave reviews! Motherhood keeps me pretty busy, but Spin the Dial was the best addition to my wedding!! I actually found Spin the Dial because I saw a wedding video on Facebook, and it brought me to tears. I found out it was done by Candice at Spin the Dial. So when i got engaged, I knew I needed her as my videographer!! Candice was always a pleasure to communicate with. She was friendly, open, honest and always responded quickly. She didn't make me feel silly for asking a million questions since I knew nothing about wedding planning let alone wedding videography! She was my FAVORITE vendor and i genuinely refer her to anyone!! Our wedding video is something not only I am in love with, but my family is also! Everyone says that its done so so well, it includes all the major moments so eloquently. I could honestly go on forever, Candice is a true gem and you'll want her alongside you on your wedding day! She was sweet and encouraging and kept things fun. OK, truly, I have to stop myself.

Sent on 09/15/2017

Spin the Dial Productions's reply:

OMG! You make me blush. Thank you so much for your incredibly kind words. And thank you even more for trusting me to be there for you and your family. It was such an incredible honor and I'm so grateful! I wish you guys nothing but the best!

eric · Married on 01/14/2017

When Aristotle wrote, "pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work," there was no way for him to know the work of Candice, Rob, and Spin the Dial Productions, but the joy they have in their profession radiates from our perfect wedding video.

The process began when we met up with Robert well ahead of our wedding to get to know each other. We wanted to make sure that he and Spin the Dial was the right match for us. Robert also expressed that he wanted to get to know us and what we were looking for to get a better idea of how they could achieve the goal we desired. It was a pleasant experience and by the end of our meeting it was clear that he would care for our wedding like a friend.

On the day of our wedding, we briefly saw Robert and showed him around the location. He then took time to wander around the venue and familiarize himself with the lay of the land. Later, we realized that he was basically choreographing his movements for the day so he could be where he needed to be when he needed to be there. Photographers and videographers can be distracting at an important event, taking attention away from the special moments they are attempting to capture. In quantum physics, the Observer Effect describes how the act of even looking at something changes it and influences the outcome. If this theory is true, then somehow Robert existed in a parallel universe, inexplicably filming our event invisibly, even though the footage shows that he was front and center the entire time. I have no clue how he achieved this. Not once did we think about the logistics of the filming during our wedding, we were confident that it was being taken care of in the competent hands of Robert. We were not wrong...

Full review here: https://www.yelp.com/biz/spin-the-dial-productions-west-hollywood?hrid=yqWr1_hEgymzP3Rfv-GQDw&utm_campaign=www_review_share_popup&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_source=(direct)

Sent on 06/24/2017

Eric J · Married on 01/14/2017

The proof is in our video. Just watch it and you will see how amazing they are.
    Any time we need an event captured, they are our team!

Sent on 06/28/2017

Spin the dial productions is amazing! Candice was great at capturing all the perfect moments and made a beautiful film of our wedding. I'm so happy to have chosen them as the videographer for my wedding.

Sent on 03/16/2017

Spin the Dial Productions's reply:

Thank you so much Zara! I just adore you and Devan so much and I wish you guys all the happiness in the world!

Sonia · Married on 12/17/2016

Candice and her team captured exactly what we wanted. She took our style and shot list into full account, and captured everything beautifully.

Sent on 03/21/2017

Spin the Dial Productions's reply:

Thank you so much Sonia! That means the world to us!

Devan · Married on 12/17/2016

WOW! Candice and her team were amazing from the moment we met them! The video she put together for us was just as magical as our wedding day! Candice was warm and so easy to be around that we felt like we were hanging out with a friend during our shots before the ceremony. She truly captured all of the emotions of our night and we feel it every time we watch our video. Couldn't be happier to have had Spin the Dial make our wedding night our favorite short film! Thank you!

Sent on 04/18/2017

Our day was spectacular. To be able to look back and see a video marking the most significant day along with beautiful shots of family and friends was the cherry on top. So grateful I was referred to the Spin The Dial and had an opportunity to work with them.

Sent on 01/10/2017

Spin the Dial Productions's reply:

Thank you so much Sarah! It was such a joy and honor for us. It warms my heart to know that we are "the cherry on top" ; )

Lisa · Married on 09/30/2016

Candice of Spin the Dial did an absolutely beautiful job on our wedding video. She perfectly captured the essence and feeling of the night. It brought tears to our eyes to get to watch and re-watch one of the most fun nights of our lives and to see beautiful shots of all of our friends and family enjoying it with us. Candice is also a pleasure to work with - she is easy going and worked really well with our photographer the day of. She kept us in the loop of the editing process and was happy to make the edits we requested. All in all a great experience working with Spin the Dial! Thank you!!

Sent on 12/08/2016

Spin the Dial Productions's reply:

Thank you so much Lisa! I was in such awe of the love that you and Rodrigo have for each other that has moved you across oceans. Literally! You guys were beautiful and so was your wedding. I hope nothing but the best for you guys!

Laura · Married on 06/24/2016

I have known Candice for almost 10 years, we went to art school together. It was no question in my mind who I would want to do the videography for our wedding when the day came. Candice is one of the most creatively brilliant people I have ever met. Everything she endeavors is so well thought through and so detailed before she even puts pen to paper. So when the day came, after 10 years, when Brandon and I finally got engaged I called Candice up right away and we started discussing the plans! We discovered that our date was a conflicting factor with her graduation from her Masters program at UCLA for Film. There was no way she was going to be able to fly out the week of Graduation to film our wedding. So Candice, being the amazing individual that she is, found us a videographer in Colorado that could film the wedding and then send the footage to her for editing. It was above and beyond what I could have expected but she is always such a wonderful and caring person. Once she received the footage it was edited in a very timely matter and we are more than pleased with the final product! It was no surprise that she delivered an exceptionally beautiful film and she did an amazing job with editing footage that she didn't shoot herself but still managed to put her expertise and talented touch on it. I will cherish this film forever. There aren't enough THANKS I can give her for this amazing wedding film. Thank you Candice, we love you!

Sent on 09/13/2016

Spin the Dial Productions's reply:

You are the best Laura! Thank you so much for letting me be apart of your wedding. I'm so happy for you and Brandon and the kiddos! I can't wait until the next time I get to see you guys. xoxo

Nicci · Married on 06/04/2016

Robert and Candice were amazing to work with! Our video turned out exactly how I wanted it and every single time I watch it, I remember exactly how I felt that day! We got married down in San Diego and Robert was able to come down from LA and shoot for us. He caught every aspect of our wedding day in the video. Candice edited the video for us and it is just perfect, from the music she selected to the speeches that she included. Gives me all the feels every time I watch it!! Thank you so much Candice & Robert!

Sent on 10/07/2016

Spin the Dial Productions's reply:

Thank you so much Nicci! Robert and I feel so very lucky that you chose us to capture your wedding day :) Congrats to you and your family! Much love!
  • User5320657 · 2+ years ago

I have received nothing but amazing compliments and praises on our wedding video by Robert!

My husband worked in video editing and was very specific about what he was looking for. The second I showed Robert’s site to my husband, his reaction was “FINALLY! THIS IS IT!”

Robert was super flexible and met us via Skype since we were in the process of moving. He was very friendly and answered all my husbands crazy-detailed questions without a problem.

Robert had my husband wearing a microphone during the ceremony, which had a slight technical fail (it picked up our shuttle driver’s talking on their radios) as I walked down the aisle but he handled it quickly and professionally. Right as the ceremony started we had our officiant ask people to turn off their cell phones and Robert switched out my husbands microphone for a new one. It was a good laugh and perfect ice breaker. Plus, the results we received with that microphone are invaluable to us!

Our wedding video is absolutely perfect in every way. We love showing it to every person we know! It brings a huge smile to my face every time I see it and remember every moment and emotion of the day. Robert flawlessly edited the ceremony, vows, speeches and film together to tell the story of us. He even chose a Ryan Adam’s cover of a Taylor Swift song to include in the background, which happens to be our favorite! He completely understood who we are and our musical taste. I can’t come up with any other word besides PERFECT and MAGICAL. I have already recommended Robert Nachman Films to others and I will continue.

Sent on 01/06/2016

I have nothing but good things to say about Robert. When I was planning my wedding, I knew right away that Robert was my only choice. He had filmed my brothers wedding a couple years back, and his positive attitude and professionalism were exactly what any bride would want on her wedding day. I love that Robert wanted to meet with me and my fiance beforehand in order to get to know us a bit better and create a short film that truly captured who we are. Our wedding day was a combination of chaos and pure joy. It rained all day and our wedding was outdoors, but somehow Robert managed to film every important moment, notice all of the small details, stay calm and focused, and smiling, and make everyone feel comfortable Our wedding film is beautiful and conveys the emotions of that day perfectly. I hope to be lucky enough to use Robert's creativity and passion for capturing the beauty of life and love in many other events in the future.

Sent on 10/11/2015

Nicole · Married on 03/14/2015

Robert was beyond wonderful to work with. From the beginning he was very responsive to all of my emails and made me instantly feel like he understood what we were looking for in a wedding video. At our wedding he was extremely professional, and my mom never even noticed that he was there capturing footage all day. Our video was everything we wanted, and we received it less than a month after our wedding! I would highly recommend him!

Sent on 04/08/2015

Deidrie · Married on 12/12/2014

What Robert and Candice created in our wedding video, captured exactly and BEYOND the feeling that we had about our special day. They captured us, the event, and the love of our friends and family PERFECTLY. RUN to book them, don't walk. One of the things we enjoyed is how unobtrusive they were. We really didn't notice that filming was happening. They have a deep sensitivity to the vibe of the room and the event that they seamlessly entered, adapted to, and reflected back through their expert work.

Sent on 12/12/2016