Spin Doctor Entertainment Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner
    Amanda Married on 12/11/2021

Dave is awesome!

Dave was so easy to work with. His planning services are great & make selecting music easy. He has great energy & made sure we were satisifed. The best part about the spin doctor, he has a snow machine!!!
  • Alyssa
    Alyssa S. Married on 09/10/2021

Perfect All-In Wedding Entertainment

I can't say enough great things about Dave and his services. It was an absolute pleasure to work with him for the few months leading up to the wedding. He was organized and responsive, fun to talk to, and honest with his suggestions when solicited, but never pushed on anything. For the day-of, the uplighting was beyond beautiful at creating an intimate setting during dinner and then a fun upbeat setting afterwards. The music was top notch - almost every demographic of our guests were on the dance floor. Older folks, younger folks, groups that have never met before were dancing and singing together at all different genres of music. Most of the party was dancing within 15 minutes of getting into the reception and it never felt forced. There was always at least several groups on the dancefloor throughout the night. The photobooth was also a hit for all groups and provided a nice but fun outlet if you wanted to take a quick break from dancing. Dave also helped prep our officiant since it was his first time, and helped us know what to expect for our grand entrance, ceremony processional, timing, etc since those can always be a little awkward if you don't know what you're doing. Lastly, Dave's custom cut songs were AMAZING; I truly was blown away when I heard them for the first time. You know when it's a mediocre wedding your guests will just say "beautiful wedding"... our guests are still texting us to say specific details that they loved, most of which are specific to Dave as his services truly helped to bring our dream wedding to life.
    Eric S. Married on 03/09/2021

Best DJ in Connecticut

My brother used Spin Doctor Entertainment for his wedding a year ago and we were sold to use him for ours. Dave made guiding the process easy, from his insight during our meetings to his website. After the wedding we had compliments about the music and entertainment. High recommended!
  • Olivia
    Olivia N. Married on 01/23/2021

Not only is Dave a great guy, he’s a great DJ to have at your wedding too!

Because of COVID and the number of guests we were having at our wedding, we weren’t able to do a traditional reception with lots of dancing. Instead, we had just the first dance and parents dancing, with an “after party” after the reception with dancing for just 25 of us. We had come up with an idea to do a trivia game, and Dave ran with it. He had an entire set up made up with buzzers and microphones fo the teams and a whole book of questions for the teams to answer. Dave was accommodating, flexible, and FUN! Everyone had such a great time and couldn’t think of one bad thing that night. He hyped everyone up before the introductions, continuously checked in on me/us all night to make sure we had what we needed and to update us on the timeline of the night and we just had so much fun. The after party was so much fun - it was about an hour(?) of nonstop dancing with the best selection of songs. OH!!! THE PHOTO BOOTH WAS INCREDIBLE! We had the mirror booth for COVID reasons and all of our guests LOVED it! They thought it was the most genius way to have fun at our wedding and it was used all night. We also got a book full of each photo taken in front of the mirror and it’s just a great ‘gift’ for us to have of our guests and wedding. HIRE DAVE, he’s amazing!
  • Lauren
    Lauren G. Married on 05/02/2020

Perfection!

Dave was amazing through all of our COVID changes. He helped us have the safest celebration a wedding in 2020 could be, which meant guests could enjoy themselves on the dance floor and in the magic mirror photobooth.
  • Christie
    Christie S. Married on 03/15/2020

Super Star DJ

We would highly recommend Dave for anyone looking for DJ service. Thank gosh for him because he helped us when we didn't know what we were doing. He is very passionate about what he does and it shows! He offers great suggestions, direction, advice and overall helps ease the nerves of planning a wedding. All of our guests had such positive things to say about him.
    Do yourself a favor and hire Dave and his team!
  • Kristin
    Kristin Married on 10/12/2019

Awesome!

Dave was an awesome DJ! He actually did my 13th, & 16th birthday, and he also did my brothers wedding and on the 12th he did mine! He really knows how to read the crowd! BEST. DJ.EVER!
  • Jillian
    Jillian Married on 10/06/2019

Epic party of 2019!

Dave sparks was by fair the best DJ i have used at any event! He made my wedding the most epic wedding and of 2019! From the very beginning when we first spoke over the phone i knew he was going to be a great addition to my wedding. And as the months went on building up to the big day he made sure everything was in order and made me feel like a person not just a customer and made sure everything went to plan for my special day. From the ceremony, dancing, introductions, and music (my husbands grandmother got up and danced! Which was amazing). I thank Dave and spin doctor entertainment for making this the most memorable wedding for years to come!
    Kerri Married on 09/22/2019

Absolutely Amazing!

Dave was AMAZING! From the time of our first meeting to the actual wedding day, he really listened to what we wanted. He not only is punctual and professional, but all of our friends/ family raved about him! We are still hearing from guests how much they enjoyed the music. We would absolutely recommend Spin Doctor Entertainment!
    Alexandria Married on 09/21/2019

Amazing!!!!!

Dave was absolutely amazing. We met him while we were checking out a vendor for our wedding. We knew right then and there that he was who we wanted our DJ to be. Just by the few minutes talking to him you could just see how genuine he was and we could tell how much he loved being a DJ. We actually changed our wedding date so that he could be our DJ since he wasn’t available on the original date. Through the whole experience he was amazing. I’ve never seen so many people on a dance floor through out the whole night! Our guest loved him! We would definitely recommend Dave!! Thanks again!!
    Alexandra Married on 09/14/2019
    Dave was so accommodating to us and he answered every question/concern my OCD self had.
    Alyssa D. Married on 09/07/2019

Best dj ever!

If I could give Dave more than 5 stars I would. Best DJ service around. He surpassed all my our expectations by miles and was extremely knowledgeable during the whole wedding planning process. The day of our wedding he made sure everything was perfect and played the best music. We had countless people come up to us asking who our DJ was because they have never experienced a better DJ. Dave has so many cool add ons we only added the magic mirror Photo Booth & dancing on a cloud. I wish I took advantage of more of his equipment because everything was just AMAZING. I wish I can re live our wedding night again just to be able to work with Dave! He's the BEST! you certainly will NOT regret picking him to DJ your wedding.
    Stacey Married on 08/31/2019

DJ- we recommend :)

Dave was great! He was very responsive to our requests and gave us recommendations when he felt we were a little off track! He was extremely reliable and we partied from the time the music started to the time the venue shut down!
    Nicole O. Married on 08/30/2019

Absolutely amazing!

We absolutely loved working with Dave. Not only was he very professional, but everything he did was perfectly planned and accurately timed. We told him the style we were going for and he certainly delivered- not a single person left the dance floor! He was a big part of the reason that our reception will be remembered by all guests- we’re still hearing about the music! We highly recommend working with Dave on your special day.
  • Erin
    Erin C. Married on 08/24/2019

Dave exceeded all expectations

From the very first meeting, my husband and I were extremely impressed with Dave. He made planning so easy, and gave great suggestions. During our wedding, Dave played music that kept everyone dancing all night—in fact no one wanted to leave when the reception was over! He by far exceeded our expectations.
    Aaron M. Married on 08/03/2019

Spin Doctor Entertainment Is Simply The Best

Dave Parks / Spin Doctor Entertainment is absolutely one of the best possible DJ companies you can get for your wedding. We had a fantastic experience, and he went above and beyond in literally every single aspect of our wedding. For our ceremony, he provided a battery powered PA system that allowed both our wedding musicians and our ceremony officiant to be amplified. Our ceremony was essentially out in a field under a tree, so Dave setting up this system without a power hookup helped us out immensely. I've been to quite a few weddings where I could hear basically none of the ceremony, so I can't emphasize enough how much of a big deal this was. He also coordinated with the wedding musicians and bridal party so that everyone walked down the isle at the correct time and with the correct music. This was unexpected, and we were very grateful for him taking the effort to do this. Everything else during the cocktail hour and wedding reception went off without a hitch as well. He moved all of the events along in a timely fashion, kept things on track, coordinated all of the introductions / first dances / speeches / etc. with the relevant people, and mostly importantly kept everyone on the dance floor. There simply aren't enough good words I can say about Dave: he is a true professional, and whatever previous expectations I had about a wedding DJ he absolutely blew away. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Dave / Spin Doctor Entertainment to any of my friends and family, and I can't imagine experiencing better service from anyone else.
    Cynthia H. Married on 07/28/2019

Not just a DJ!

Dave was very helpful and made my wedding vision a reality. Not only was he an amazing DJ, but he was able to set up string lights as I wanted, and also provided barrels and table tops for a more rustic feel. We also rented a photo booth for the night- which everyone loved. He gave good insights/suggestions in the preparation process, but also supported what we wanted and how we wanted to do things. He offered a variety of music for our guests, and coordinated well with our other vendors. The night was awesome! Thanks Dave!
  • Rebecca
    Rebecca G. Married on 07/21/2019

Truly wonderful!

Having Dave as our wedding DJ was such a fantastic experience! From our first meeting with him, we knew that we wanted him to be a part of our wedding day. At our final meeting before the wedding, Dave was able to offer us really helpful advice for the best way to organize our wedding reception and he really took into consideration our venue and our desires as a couple. When preparing for the wedding, Dave made us categorize our music tastes based on what we love, like, and hate. Dave truly honored our music choices at the wedding! My husband isn't usually much of a dancer, but he was on the dance floor all night because he loved every song! I couldn't have asked for a more perfect DJ experience. Thanks to Dave, our wedding was exactly the vibe that we wanted! All of our guests had such an incredible time, and I would choose Dave again in a heartbeat! Thanks for making our wedding day so great!
  • Sarah
    Sarah Married on 06/22/2019

Outstanding from start to finish

Dave is a true pro at what he does! Attentive, easy to work with and went above and beyond to have our vision come to life. We used Dave for a number of services: ceremony music, lawn games, furniture rental, photo booth and DJ. We are so thrilled with all he did before and on the day of the wedding. His recommendations before the big day were also so helpful as he is very knowledgeable about all things wedding in the Danbury area. We would absolutely recommend him to any couple looking for a pro and goes above and beyond. Thank you so much, Dave!
    Rachel Married on 06/08/2019

Absolutely Fantastic!

I highly recommend Dave as the DJ for your wedding! He was friendly, professional, and helpful to work with both leading up to the wedding and at the wedding. He gave us excellent suggestions for songs and coordination ideas via video calls leading up the wedding. We had some of our songs custom-edited through him, and they came out perfectly. At the wedding, he was fantastic! Guests of all ages absolutely loved the music and were dancing all night on a full dance floor. Timing for introductions, first dance, parent dances, bouquet and garter toss were all seamless and exactly as planned. He also went out of his way to make sure that we were happy and taken care of throughout the night. He is the only reason that my husband and I got our dinners that night, as he let us know when they were clearing the food away and then arranged for our meals to be delivered to the bridal suite. At the end of the evening, he also asked if there were any songs left that we absolutely wanted to dance to, which was perfect because the day goes by in such a blur and he made sure that we got to dance to the songs that we really wanted to dance to. You cannot go wrong with hiring Dave. He’s fantastic and did an excellent job. Thank you so much, Dave! -Rachel and Ryan
    Rachel Married on 05/25/2019

Best decision ever

Dave at Spin Doctor was hands down the best decision we made for our wedding!
    We actually changed our wedding date from 5-26 to 5-25 because we had to have him for our wedding!
    He’s such a great guy and extremely
    personable and energetic! He played everything we wanted and had the crowd going ALL night which is what we wanted.
    He also did the uplighting which was amazing and provided a photo booth which was a HUGE hit throughout the night. Do not hesitate to book him and do it fast! We will definitely be using him again for future events and will highly recommend him to all friends, family and brides to be! This is one decision you will not regret!!!

Victoria Married on 10/27/2018

Marquee Lights & Wine Barrel Tables

We rented marquee lights & wine barrel tables from spin doctor. The lights sat behind our sweetheart table. The wine tables we used for our cake, our placecard table & for cocktail tables. They both fit perfectly with our rustic like wedding theme. Dave from spin doctor was great to work with!
    Ashley Married on 09/22/2018
    Dave @ Spin Doctor is not only a good DJ but a good guy. He is personable, energetic and totally knows how to read a room. He completely took control of the wedding reception which is exactly what the Bride needs in order to relax and have a GOOD TIME. My guests (which ranged from mid-twenties to mid-sixties) LOVED the music. They were on the dance floor all night which is exactly what my husband and I were hoping for. We had an eclectic mix of music, classic rock, disco, top 40's, Spanish/salsa, hip hop.... it was amazing. I cannot thank Dave enough, to this day I still have people telling me they had the best time!! Thanks Dave!!!!
  • Hannah
    Hannah Married on 09/08/2018

Best choice we made!

Dave is the ABSOLUTE BEST. We chose him as our DJ for our wedding reception in September of 2018 at the Candlewood Inn. We met with him twice before our wedding and he continuously assured us that we wouldn’t have to worry about anything on the day of our wedding. He said he would basically be our wedding planner… and he wasn’t kidding. He ran the show, made sure we were where we needed to be at all times, and made the entire event run so smoothly. He is unbelievably organized and detail oriented, which was a relief for a type A personality like myself. I didn’t worry about a thing. He also did a wonderful job with the music. We chose a group of songs to give him an idea of our taste and he chose the rest. I heard nothing but compliments after the wedding. People of all age groups were up there dancing, which is exactly what we wanted. We personally didn’t need/use any of it, but Dave also has an impressive amount of options for lighting, special effects, photo booths, guest books, and venue décor. Give him a call as soon as you have your date. He’s popular and books up quickly! We highly recommend! Dave, you were phenomenal - thanks for everything! – Hannah & Sean
    Nina Married on 08/25/2018
    Dave was one of the best choices for our wedding. We booked him about a year in advance and he gave us access to an online portal where we filled out specific wedding details and song choices. He was actually the one who came up with our timeline and it could not have been more perfect. We shared that timeline with our planner, caterer, and photographer. Dave is not only the MC of your wedding, but he also makes sure that people are on the dance floor and that things run smoothly and on time. He had great suggestions for how to start off the wedding (in terms of what kind of music) and what songs to end with. There was always someone on the dance floor. Additionally, we wanted the photobooth option for our big day. The photobooth attendant that came with Dave was great! The most important thing that Dave did was that our venue did not have a sound system where our ceremony was. Dave was there 2 hours before our ceremony start time and actually drove to Home Depot to get the equipment he needed for the sound. On the back end, he definitely said it was hectic. But none of our guests, family, and ourselves noticed at all. I honestly don't think our wedding would have come together without Dave. He is a MUST HAVE! Additionally, I now know why he has nothing under 5 star reviews.