27 Reviews for Spencer Weddings and Entertainment

One Event Per Day (1)
Microphones (1)
Sound/PA System (1)
27 Spencer Weddings and Entertainment Reviews

We are so thrilled that we took the chance on Jason - he is AMAZING! We budgeted pretty low on entertainment, but when we first met with Jason, we knew we had to have him as our DJ! He is worth every penny!! Jason made the planning process easy and stress free! He is super knowledgeable in the industry, has a great sense of humor and helps keep you on track ;) Jason is super fast at responding to any questions and so easy to work with. The day of the wedding, we had to move our dancing indoors due to weather, but Jason was prepared and brought both his sound systems - one for outside during the ceremony/cocktail hour and one for inside during dinner and dancing. We are so happy with his DJ/MC skills and everyone loved him at our wedding. THANK YOU JASON!!!

Profile Picture Monica, 5/21/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day

Jason was fantastic! We were running short on time (3 months prior to the wedding) and he really came through.

Our appointments were well organized and he made us feel completely comfortable throughout the process.

He managed our 300 plus Chinese Wedding wonderfully by providing seamless transitions and careful coordination with our photographer.

Jason knows weddings and will provide professional and fun DJ services!

Profile Picture User4662869, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jason was great! He is definitely going to be recommended to our family and friends for future parties.
-Thomas

Profile Picture Thomas, 8/31/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jason Spencer is fantastic. I loved the fact that I just had to give him ideas and let him run with them. I did have a couple of specific pieces of music I wanted put together, one being a bit abstract, and he came through with flying colors. His use of up lighting in just the right places and the true genuine care he puts into his job is amazing.

Truly a very professional and passionate person to handle your big day.

Thanks for making my wedding special!!!!!!

Profile Picture Mike, 8/9/14, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

Spencer was an amazing DJ and master of ceremonies! I'd recommend him to anyone!

Profile Picture Duncan, 6/14/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jason was amazing. From the beginning to the end he provided great service. We were planning most of our wedding long distance due to living in Mexico, which was difficult at times, but Jason accommodated us and our schedule. He had meetings with us on Skype and over the phone and really put us at ease over the planning. For the actual event he was great and had the dance floor full at all times. The wedding story was a great touch. His services were a bit expensive, but in line with other top DJs and well worth every dime. I highly recommend Jason and would pick him again.

Profile Picture Michael, 9/28/13, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jason Spencer was great. I have experience DJing and I was very happy with his DJing skills. He was able to read the crowd very well and kept the dance floor packed all night long. When his set ended people still wanted to dance! He was able to recognize our music taste perfectly and played exactly what we wanted to hear. His MCing skills were also amazing as he kept everyone laughing and really set the mood for the evening. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for some peace of mind for their wedding.

Profile Picture User3931582, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

My wife and I are *very* organized, detail-oriented people, and we were legitimately afraid that we wouldn't be able to find a DJ that would be able to keep up with us and deliver an experience that met our high standards. But Jason was different from the very start--truly, from the moment we had to fill out his intake form on the website, we could tell how much thought he puts into everything he does--and he stayed one step ahead of us the entire time. Though he did admit that we were the most detail-oriented couple he had ever worked with, he nevertheless managed our complex choreography seamlessly, and, among other people, we very much have him to thank for how perfect our special day turned out in the end.

Profile Picture David, 8/4/13, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jason was fabulous. He worked with us from start to finish, really listening to our ideas and adding his own very helpful suggestions. I had many guests say that it was the best wedding reception they had ever been to, and how much they loved the DJ. He did creative things and took control where needed, but wasn't obnoxiously running the show like some DJs I've seen. He paid attention to all the details and we were able to trust him and have a great time. I highly recommend Jason!

Profile Picture Kimberly, 6/15/13, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We planned a fairly unconventional wedding ceremony, and Jason's enthusiasm & flexibility went a long way towards not only making it possible, but making us feel at ease with our decisions. He's a total professional who takes his job extremely seriously, while at the same time making it a fun experience for his clients. He managed to find just the right balance between advising us on our ceremony and reception while listening to our ideas, coming up with good suggestions when we needed them but also being flexible enough to incorporate the things that we wanted. Even though he'd never done a ceremony quite like ours, he stepped confidently into the challenge, and everything went perfectly. I whole-heartedly recommend Jason to anyone who wants a DJ/MC who won't just show up, but will go the extra mile towards making your wedding exactly how you want it.

Profile Picture Alan, 7/8/12, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Jason Spencer was a fantastic DJ for our wedding. He did a wonderful job of making his program engaging and personal. We really liked how he included personal stories from the bridal party throughout the celebration. Our favorite moment is when Jason led into our first dance by sharing the story of how we met. Jason really listened to what we wanted and reflected our tastes beautifully in the musical program, his tone and demeanor, and in the stories he told. Jason was a joy to work with. He had a lot of great ideas, and was thoughtful and flexible throughout the process. We couldn’t have been happier with the final program.

Profile Picture Nancy, 11/5/11, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

My Husband and I were married in Yosemite National Park in October of 2011 and have been meaning to post this review.

Finding a DJ was tough for both my Husband and I as our music tastes are similar but so very different regarding what we wanted for our wedding. I feel that we connected more with Jason than the other DJs that we had met with. He was very professional full of knowledge and easy to work with. He incorporated both what my Husband and I wanted, which included a different introduction song (which he is probably used to), to my Husband's serious to silly sense of humor Mother/Son dance, to the hard to find song I wanted to play for my Mother. He also incorporated what the guests requested. He did surprise me with some songs (I am a true 80's kid and love the music from then) that I am so glad he played. He also incorporated lighting for us which added so much to it all and we are extremely thankful he did that for us. It made for a memorable night for us. Thank you so much Jason!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 10/18/11, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

I have been friends with Jason since high school, and back then he would DJ our school dances (which always rocked!). Through the years, I have been to events and weddings where he has been the DJ/MC, and I have always been impressed. I always told (well, sorta threatened) Jason that when I got engaged, he would be my MC!

I have attended a carefully-planned, tastefully expensive wedding that was absolutely ruined by an amateur DJ playing the music THEY liked rather than what would get the multi-generational crowd dancing, and then he kept cutting in and plugging his business every 5 minutes while everyone was out on the dance floor. So tacky and such a nightmare!

Even better, many wedding planning guides will instruct brides to save money by using an iPod, but an iPod cannot gauge the crowd and adapt the music without someone pushing buttons (with that accompanying awkward pause). An iPod cannot keep your reception on schedule. An iPod cannot do so many important things that need to be done to keep a reception on track and everyone happy.

For my own wedding, I wanted to be able to enjoy my reception and party with my guests without any stress or worry. I wanted a professional that knew how to keep the party flowing and would be able to adapt and be flexible with the unexpected things that always seem to crop up at an event. Our priorities were for our guests to have good food, an open bar, and a stellar DJ to keep everyone out on the dance floor.

So, the first thing I told my husband after we got engaged is that having Jason as our MC was a non-negotiable. I checked his schedule and confirmed a date, and then we booked our venue! We were married on August 13th, 2011 in Millbrae, and our reception was a Chinese wedding banquet at Zen Peninsula. Jason handled personalized introductions for 12 attendants and 2 flower girls, a lion dance troupe performance, 2 “first” dances, and 6 speeches on schedule during a 10-course meal. He kept everyone dancing, including people I have NEVER seen on the dance floor in my life (here’s looking at you Uncle Rajiv!) for 2.5 hours. I don’t think people truly understand the level of skill and expertise pulling off an event like this takes, and Jason has it.

After our ceremony, my husband and I were thrilled, exhausted, and emotional. I cannot tell you what a relief it was to see Jason’s face and know that he was handling our reception, and all we had to do was relax, eat, drink, dance, and have fun with our family and friends. And that’s exactly what we did!

We have received SO many cards and emails from our guests telling us what an amazing time they had at our wedding. Many have called it the best wedding they have ever been to, and that delights me to no end. I can assure you that the ONLY thing I did to make it such a great reception was to hire Jason, and he did the rest! My parents especially were amazed and grateful for all of Jason’s hard work. For all you future brides and groom, please remember that there is no replacement for a professional, experienced MC/DJ to handle your reception, and it is worth every penny.

Profile Picture Emily, 8/13/11, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We could not have had a better master of ceremonies than Jason Spencer for our wedding. From the initial planning stages to the actual day of the wedding Jason was amazing. My wife and I had a lot of stress about the wedding like most couples have Jason alleviated that stress through his professionalism and ability to be so organized. The planning packet that he provided made planning so much easier and the song recommendations were invaluable.
The day of the wedding could not have gone any better. Everything went smoothly and everyone had such a great time. I was amazed at how many people Jason was able to get on the dance floor. At one point during the reception one of the other vendors started to pressure my wife and I about staying longer to capture some key moments that would’ve cost us an additional amount. Pretty much insinuating that we would run out of time before getting everything we wanted on film. Instantly Jason swooped in to the rescue and took over the conversation with the vendor and got it completely resolved without us having to worry about a thing. The wedding was flawless!

Profile Picture John, 6/25/11, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jason from Spencer Weddings and Entertainment is more than just a DJ. We hired him for my daughter's May 2011 wedding at the Garden Pavilion in Sonoma. At a venue that he had never worked before, he presented the sound and music for the ceremony and reception in a flawless and unobtrusive manner. His set up is clean and elegant. His demeanor is calm, pleasant and professional.
The quality of sound was crystal clear, the volume was perfect, and the dance music selection was outstanding!
Jason was very involved in the wedding planning from the very beginning. He met with the bride and groom two times, in addition to driving all the way up to Sonoma to preview the venue.
His planning packet is very thorough, and my daughter and her husband had a blast filling out the personal stories for their bridal party He had fabulous input about the song selections and timing of events; and he even spent extra time trying to locate specific versions of songs that were not very familiar for my daughter's ceremony.
He worked very well with the other vendors to coordinate a perfectly seamless day. We had absolutely nothing to worry about or deal with.
Many guests at the wedding commented on how wonderful our DJ/MC was; clearly announcing the improtant events, especially how he presented the wedding party. Everyone thought that the personal introductions were fabulous and unique; a fun way to start the festivities!
My daughter and her husband commented after their wedding, that they felt as though Jason was like a good friend who really cared about making their day special not like just another service provider.
I f I could give Jason 10 stars I would! I will definintely be recommending him to everyone I know and I hope that we have another opportunity to work with him in the future.

Profile Picture Lauren, 5/21/11, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Jason Spencer was a really great person to work with. His ability to adapt and build his schedule around your needs and desires was spectacular. Most DJ's that I met with were very strict in the sense that they had their own way of doing things; however, Jason was very very flexible and provided me with a lot of feedback on what can be done and what he could do to make the experience better. I highly recommend JS to all my friends for their future venues.

Profile Picture Jason, 10/17/10, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

I was very pleased that we used Jason for our music for our wedding. Jason is very organized and kind of functions as a mini-planner. He makes you think about things that we didn't even have on our radar, such as what we were doing with our centerpieces after the ceremony. My biggest compliment for Jason is his versatility and flexibility - he's willing to do whatever you want. Our wedding dancing was fantastic - everyone was complimenting the play list and we had at least 2/3s of the guests still on the dance floor for the last song. Jason was also very helpful in selecting songs and giving advice based on his experience as a DJ. I'd highly recommend Jason!

Profile Picture Leslie, 10/9/10, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Jason was terrific to work with. He was very professional and was in constant contact with us during the wedding planning process. Jason went the extra mile for us. He was helpful in offering suggestions based on his expertise and he worked amazingly well with our wedding coordinator to make sure that our wedding timeline flowed smoothly and was well organized. On the day of our wedding day, the ceremony music was great. We received numerous compliments from our guests. He also did a great job as our MC and when problems arose with our timeline he was flexible and stayed on top of it all so that no one noticed. He rocked it! He read the crowd well and kept people on the dance floor. Thanks Jason we had a great time!

Profile Picture Eden , 8/28/10, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Jason was absolutely the best DJ we could have chosen for our wedding. He was extremely organized throughout the entire process. We had two planning sessions with him where we went over everything and finalized all of our plans. He created unique introductions for our bridal party and told our love story right before our first dance, which was absolutely perfect.

Jason coordinated with all of our other vendors seamlessly and made sure everything ran smoothly. With his help, we didn't need a professional coordinator.

Jason may not be the cheapest DJ option out there, but is so worth it. He is so professional and organized and will help take some of the stress off of your shoulders. Also, when you hire Spencer Weddings, you talk and plan with Jason at all of our meetings, not a company representative. We really like to support locally-owned small business because we truly believe they are more invested in keeping their clients happy.

Jason works hard to make your wedding a memorable and FUN event! After our wedding, several guests told us that they had a blast and loved the dj. Thanks Jason!

Profile Picture Joanne, 8/21/10, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

I have to admit, out of all of the vendors that we worked with, Jason was the one that made me the happiest. He responded quickly to all communication, thought of EVERY little detail that we forgot about, and really created the fun environment that we were wanting for our ceremony and reception. He is very creative, and added a personal touch to our event. Jason spent many hours outside of our actual wedding day, putting extra effort into the planning of our evening. I would totally recommend to any other couple, and for any other event in the future that we'd need his expertise. Definitely a good guy to know.

Profile Picture Cherelyn, 6/5/10, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

It was so easy to work with Spencer Weddings and Entertainment. Jason was talented in playing various kinds of music and has a passion in creating mixed ones. From the first moment he met us, we had never doubt about his ability, because he convinced us with his rich experiences in arranging numerous parties and the result was beyond our expectations. He played both fast and slow music, made everyone dancing happily like they have never danced before. We will never forget what you have done for us.

Profile Picture Patricia , 4/6/10, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Our priority as Bride & Groom was to make sure that OUR GUESTS had the best time ever and Jason totally achieved that with us. We had more people on the dance floor than we ever could've imagined and on the way into our reception, we overheard guests saying it was already the best wedding they've ever been to.

I love that we had creative freedom with our music. We helped create moments for Keith & I and achieved the ambience we wanted for our guests. During the planning stages, Jason encourages creativity and thinking outside the usual wedding box. But please believe, he will keep you in check if your ideas become ridiculous or haven't gone well over in the past and we truly appreciated it. Sometimes, as a bride & groom you need to take a step back and tell Jason, "You're the Pro, Bro!" And we trust you!

Jason, thank you a MILLION. Our wedding was a blast.
xoxo Keith & Jill (Martin) Scott

Profile Picture jill, 9/11/09, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jason Spencer is a highly professional DJ and MC for any event you might need him for. He took care of our wedding last year and we were beyond pleased with the high quality and level of service he provided. Jason really cares about doing a great job for you and maintaining his great reputation. Hire Jason for your next event, you will not be disappointed! We will recommend him to all our friends and relatives!

Profile Picture Rachael, 8/17/08, 1 Review
Category: DJ

It was great working with Jason for our wedding. He was VERY flexible and responsive to ideas, changes, music selection, etc... He definitely worked with us to tailor his services.

He setup the audio system for both the ceremony and reception. He introduced the entire wedding party and family members (did a great job pronouncing names that were very difficult and uncommon). He did a great job gathering the attention of the guests for each phase of the wedding (toasts, bouquet toss, etc...). His music selection was perfect for our personality and was very receptive to including non-American music for the guests.

I would highly suggest Spencer Weddings and Entertainment for your next event.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 7/20/07, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jason was the DJ for my June 2007 wedding at the Sheraton in Palo Alto. Jason was professional and kept things moving. I sent him over a list of a bunch of my favorite songs and I was happily surprised at the wedding that he added more music that matched my style at the wedding. Everyone kept telling me at how great the music was and how much it flowed together. I'm an ex-techno geek from the late 90's so I was very picky about the music selection - Jason was able to match that style with fun, danceable music all night.

I completely forgot about choosing a song for the cake cutting and Jason picked a very lovely song, which I couldn't have done better.

For me, the music and dancing was the best part and Jason made it a great wedding. Even though we were on a budget and didn't have a super grand wedding at the 4-Seasons, I have been complimented on my wedding for the past 2 years and my friends tell us that it was the most fun wedding respective to our friends in the summer 2007. A great compliment for us since we were on a limited budget.

Profile Picture Jodi, 6/23/07, 1 Review