64 Reviews for Spence Photographics

Proofs (3)
Liability Insurance (2)
Slideshow (1)
64 Spence Photographics Reviews

I was recommended to David and Molly by the venue I was using. He was very professional and did great work. They were both very informative and nice. Stressed any concerns we had and walked us step by step through the process. I would recommend them to anyone!

Profile Picture Erica, 12/2/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

We cannot say enough wonderful things about David and Molly! They were fun to work with, easy to contact and communicate with, and above all else, you could really tell they love their clients and their job. The engagement shoot was awesome (and included in the packages), and David had no problem working our dog into the shoot as well. My husband hates taking pictures, and he even wound up having fun with the session. Our wedding day wound up being a rain out, but that didn't stop us from getting some AMAZING pictures. David showed up with extra umbrellas and had no problem getting wet or muddy to get the perfect shots for us. We also included their Silly Station (which is run by Molly) and used the photos as our wedding guest book. They brought props of all sorts (David even asked us beforehand if we had any suggestions or wishes for the props) and all of our guests had TONS of fun with the photo booth. We only have our wedding sneak peeks so far; but everyone has raved about the pictures and said they were worth every penny. We would highly recommend David and Molly, and will definitely be using them for any photo needs in the future!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 10/29/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, Wedding Portraits, Canvas, Digital Files, Proofs

David, Molly, and Peyton are the best! They made taking pictures so much fun and were able to capture such beautiful pictures no matter the setting. We have seen both the engagement and quick look pictures from our wedding and cant wait to see the full reel. Thank you Spence Photographics for making our day so special!

Profile Picture Jonathan, 10/14/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

David and his wife Molly are absolutely amazing. I can't even count the number of guests who commented to me about how amazing our photographer was. One of our groomsmen told me that he had been dreading the picture taking part of the wedding and David made it quick, painless and fun. I highly recommend adding the silly station to your wedding. It was such a fun and interactive addition to our wedding and going through all the pictures the morning after was one of the highlights of my wedding weekend. Also the quick turnaround is such a treat. Within a few days of the wedding we had a sneak peak of a few of our wedding pictures that we could enjoy and share. I will certainly consider using Spence in the future for family portraits etc.

Profile Picture Sarah, 9/22/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography
Services Used: One Event/Day, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Slideshow, Wedding Portraits, Canvas, Digital Files, Prints, Proofs

David and Molly were both a pleasure to work with, with David taking absolutely breathtaking engagement / wedding photos and Molly working the Silly Station PhotoBooth during our reception (Our guests LOVED the Photo Booth, which we actually decided to add just 1 month before the wedding and they still accommodated that!). The engagement session was also so much fun at put us at ease for the wedding day. David’s ability to capture precious moments in such a natural, unforced way really made this whole process truly enjoyable. Not to mention, the abundance of beautiful photos that were taken throughout our wedding provide us with memories that we can treasure forever. Even though we didn't get a second shooter, David still captured everything we could have wanted and more! He has an easy-going personality and was very flexible with any special requests that we had. On the day of the wedding, he was on time and was able to capture everything in an efficient and prompt manner. He also does something cool that I’m not sure many photographers do, which is he’ll release photos in segments (like a “sneak peek” or “part one”) instead of making you anxiously wait until they’re all finished. Another thing to note is that throughout the entire process, Molly was quick to answer any questions or concerns we had (talk about peace of mind!). David doesn't just do weddings - our family was so pleased that some of us booked a big family photo session for late Winter and we plan to use Spence Photo for more future photos. Long story short: If you’re in the market for a photographer for any event, I highly recommend Spence Photographics!
One more thing...David and Molly are all around great people! From the beginning, they have sent us little meaningful trinkets and even sent us something for Christmas this year. They are so thoughtful.

Profile Picture Brianna, 8/5/17, 10 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: One Event/Day, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Wedding Portraits, Digital Files

we can’t RAVE enough about Spence photographers! From the moment I contacted Molly and David, they were friendly, accommodating, personable, and so easy to work with. My husband and I are shy around the camera and they made us feel comfortable - most importantly, the shot’s they took were beautiful and I have had many many compliments on their work, both the engagement session and the wedding. Most notably, I must commend Dave for his flexibility - as our limo never showed up for the wedding, and without skipping a beat, Dave hopped in my dad’s pickup truck with myself and my dad and layed in the back helping us navigate to the service while under a ton of pressure. I can’t recommend this wonderful team enough. I will surely be going back to them for every photo session I need in the future. They also send adorable gifts along the way, adding stress relief and joy to a potentially stressful wedding planning process! 5 stars!

Profile Picture Emilie, 6/17/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Molly and David have been amazing through the whole planning process. They quickly responded to any questions we had and were there to help. There are a lot of pictures taken on your wedding day but they made it easy and fun. They knew exactly how to instruct us and our bridal party on good photo opportunities. All of our guests loved David!

We also booked the silly station and our guests went crazy. People were lining up so they could get a turn. It's such a good memory to be able to look at all those pictures.

Profile Picture Gabrielle, 6/10/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

We are so happy we chose Spence Photographics for our wedding day! David and Molly take care of their clients from the initial consultation, to the engagement photo session, wedding day, and after receiving photos. They are very kind, easy to work with and responsive. What truly puts them over the top is their attention to the little details along the way and sending little gifts to make you feel important and valued! I cannot say enough great things about David's photography, he did an amazing job capturing such a special day. We have received so many compliments from friends and family on how much they love the photos. He has a true knack for capture all of the moments big or small. I would definitely recommend Spence Photographics for anyone looking to capture their special day!

Profile Picture Erin, 5/28/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

I cannot say enough wonderful things about the Spences. They are not only talented and professional, but they were the most incredible people to work with! They went above and beyond! David braved some nasty weather for our engagement shoot and showed up with umbrellas! They sent us a package of coffee and a mug when we first booked with them to give us energy as we planned our wedding and a personalized Christmas ornament for Christmas. Leading up to the wedding, Molly wrote up a description of places to eat, shop, drink, and hike/bike in the Frederick area for my hotel bags. On the day of our wedding, Molly handled the Silly Station like a champ and David was like a superhero. I don't think he sat down once. He was switching between cameras on his leather straps so quickly, making sure to get the best shots. He captured every moment, but blended right in. The day after the wedding, he posted a sneak peek, helming to satisfy our need to see the images! When I first booked with them, I was a little concerned that they were over our budget, but now, I feel like they were the biggest steal of the wedding. We did not just book photographers, we booked two people who made our day that much more special and easy- that's priceless!

Profile Picture Susanna, 5/6/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Wedding Portraits, Digital Files

We could not be happier with David and Molly. David made our engagement shoot and wedding shoot fun and relaxing, and was always committed to making sure the experience and photos were exactly what we wanted. The photos are so beautiful. He really was able to capture our personalities and relationship, and he was amazing at picking on so many beautiful little moments throughout the whole day. Molly was wonderful to correspond with - she is so sweet, extremely responsive, completely on top of everything. Molly and David really make an effort to get to know their clients, which I think helped so much with their ability to tell our story. They also sent thoughtful little gifts a couple times throughout the year while we were planning. They are a really wonderful company, and I can't recommend them enough. We hope to use them in the future for family photos once we've added some kiddos to our lives :)

Profile Picture Katie, 4/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We can't say enough good things about David and Molly! From our initial meeting to our wedding day, they made us feel so special and comfortable with the process. With the photographs being one of the only physical things you can take away from your wedding day, I spent a lot of time researching to find a photographer that would give us top notch photos. With Spence, the great images you see of other couples in their portfolio that they have photographed, is what you get! David has a real knack for capturing little candid moments that you didn't even know where happening and was equally skilled with guiding us in how to pose for certain shots (let's face it, we aren't models and needed some help with what would look good for photographs). From the moment we started our engagement photo session, I knew we had made the right choice, and it was confirmed again when we got those photos back, and then again on our wedding day! On top of the photos being awesome, we got images to view back very quickly in comparison to what I had heard from friends/family who got married and used other photographers. The day after our engagement shoot and wedding, we had a wonderful preview to look at (literally, not even 24 hours later)! And it wasn't too long after that before we had the blog to view and then all the photos! We couldn't be happier!

Profile Picture Katelin, 11/12/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Photography

David and Molly were amazing to work with! We were able to customize our photography package with them and also opted for their fun photobooth. They were great about communication throughout the entire process and gave sweet gifts along the way. David made us feel at ease during our engagement shoot and the wedding day- even with our crazy windy weather! Our guests were impressed how he was everywhere taking pictures and loved playing in the photobooth. This duo was prepared for any hiccup during the wedding and we love the moments they captured!

Profile Picture Tracy, 10/22/16, 13 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, Multi. Locations, Digital Files

To say I give Spence five stars would not do this company justice. In short, I can't imagine a reason that a couple WOULDN'T love Spence. My new husband and I are wallflowers at best, so the idea of having someone taking hundreds of photos of us was daunting. We went for our engagement shoot stomachs all a knot at Glen Echo Park in Maryland. We were comfortable from start to finish and felt at ease for our upcoming wedding day. We couldn't believe the pictures he captured! So beautiful!
When the day came, Spence shot our wedding at a venue that has not had a wedding before and with planners (us) who have never planned before. He was receptive and captured moments that I never would have been able to see had it not been for his pictures. Throughout the ceremony, I didn't even realize he was there, granted I was giggling like a school girl most of the time anyhow. Looking back on the pictures makes me remember the day so vividly and I love having perfect images of our newly joined families at our wedding reception. We opted for the photo booth, which created some comedic GOLD. And while we were so busy we nearly forgot to get in there ourselves, Spence came over and told us to get in there! I recommend that service as well, which was ran by his wife Molly. Thank you for sharing your talent with us, Spence!

Profile Picture Ashley, 8/20/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

David and Emily were busy on the wedding day. I'm not sure how many pictures they took but every time I turned around they were snapping a photo of someone! The sneak peek they provided two days after the wedding left us wanting to see more pictures. They are very quick to respond to any questions and were wonderful to work with. We loved them, just very nice people!

Profile Picture A, 6/11/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, Liability Insurance, Albums, Digital Files, Proofs

David and Molly are THE BEST! From the moment we met David at his office in Downtown Frederick, to the engagement session, and then all the way up to our wedding day, they were absolutely amazing! SO communicative and there work was phenomenal! They had me share my Pinterest page with them so they could see what photos I wanted the most and everything with them ran so smoothly on my wedding day. I highly recommend them as a photographer!

Profile Picture Callie, 6/10/16, 10 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Prints

David and Molly did a fantastic job photographing our wedding! Very responsive, kind, professional, and talented. They are great at making the process fun and relaxing, and capture wonderful candid photos throughout the event without being obtrusive in the slightest. We absolutely loved them, and the gorgeous photos they took. I would wholeheartedly recommend them to anyone planning a wedding in the Baltimore/DC area!

Profile Picture User6113948, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

David and Molly are such a great team and so easy to work with! They were super supportive, laid back and helpful when my fiancé and I needed advice or guidance with our wedding pictures. They were so fun to work with and we are thrilled with our pictures! I would love to do future family photos with them too and highly recommend them as wedding photographers!

Profile Picture lauren, 10/4/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

David and Molly could not have been a better duo for capturing our Engagement Photos and our Wedding Day! We were lost when we started the hunt for a photographer, but quickly came across Spence photo and scheduled a meeting. Once my husband and I met with David - who couldn’t have been nicer and really took his time to get to know us/learn what we were looking for in a photographer - we knew he was our guy. We couldn’t have been happier with our engagement photos and flash-forward to our Wedding Day, David and Molly did the most amazing job. When we received all our photos it felt like we were there all over again and it was so great to see all the memories they captured. We loved their photojournalism approach, yet still got all the great portraits we would have wanted. Above and beyond our experience the day of, Molly was a dream to work with through the planning process and was very responsive. Molly and David even do some kind gestures throughout the process that were one of a kind (but we won't ruin the surprise!). They made everything super easy by having online portals for contracts, payment, planning and viewing our photos. We would certainly recommend Spence photo for anybody looking to capture their special moments in life and we hope to work with them again!

Profile Picture Katie, 8/15/15, 9 Reviews
Category: Photography

Molly and Dave were great to work with. They drove from Maryland to Pennsylvania to photograph our wedding. The work they do is the best I have ever seen and would highly recommend them!!! The final products were stunning and we absolutely love our pictures.

We are looking forward to using them in the future, perhaps for pregnancy pictures ;)

Profile Picture Kim, 8/8/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We loved having David as our photographer! Our outdoor wedding day weather was anything but perfect (record rainfall), but from our sneak peek of our pictures, the farm where the wedding was held looks amazing! When David arrived on site, there was so much rain we weren't sure if we could even have the wedding that day-the tables were sinking into the ground and the grounds were flooding! But David was smiling and looking for good spots for pictures while all of this was happening! He was great to work with and fun. We even got the sneak peek of pictures just a few days after the wedding.
David and Molly are easy to work with and answer questions right away. We will definitely call David next time we need any photos. THANKS FOR EVERYTHING!

Profile Picture Marisa, 6/27/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Photography

My husband and I met David and Molly last year. They were photographing my brother and sister-in-law's wedding. We were very impressed with the work that we saw them doing. They interacted well with our families and all of their guests. I told my husband (fiancé at the time) that we needed to get their information and book them for our wedding. We booked them not too long after my brother's wedding. From the time we were planning on meeting to book our photography package until wedding day, David and Molly were there for us every step of the way. Answers to questions we had were done very quickly and they were both very flexible in any changes we made. Our wedding day was perfect! David did an amazing job capturing everything from our wedding. We also had the Silly Station which was a big hit! We loved all of the special gifts from Spence that we got in the mail!! When we saw our photos, we were so happy. They were beautiful! I am still constantly looking at our photos. I highly recommend Spence!!! They were AMAZING!!!

Profile Picture Ashley, 6/20/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We are so happy that we had Spence Photographics for our reception! They were extremely flexible (it poured for the first half of the reception) and were such great sports. We also used their photo booth and our guests had a blast. Everyone is still talking about it! Very pleased with their work and service!

Profile Picture Amy, 5/31/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

We loved Spence Photographics for our wedding photographer. Not only were they very friendly and easy to work with but our photos came out great!! They made us feel very special on our wedding day and we would recommend this team of photographers to our friends for their wedding day too! Time after time, they over delivered on everything they said they would do and more. Couldn't be happier with the outcome of the photos. Thank you Spence Photographics!

Profile Picture Sabrina, 5/23/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Working with Spence Photographics was easily one of the best decision we made in the wedding planning process. David and Molly are some of the nicest people I have ever met and they run a great business that really makes you feel valued as a client (and human). We love all of the pictures from both of engagement session and wedding day-- people can't get over how wonderful David was at the wedding and adore the beautiful pictures online. We would absolutely recommend Spence Photographics to anyone and look forward to being able to work with them sometime in the future.

Profile Picture Laura, 5/9/15, 1 Review