Specialty Cakes Reviews

Specialty Cakes 4
Specialty Cakes 5
Specialty Cakes 6

Shannon · Married on 06/22/2018

We had to book them at a relatively late moment, but everything turned out wonderful. Everyone we dealt with was so nice and accommodating. We got so many compliments from our guests on our cupcakes. They were gone in a flash.

Sent on 06/29/2018

Specialty Cakes's reply:

Thank you Shannon! It was a pleasure. Congratualtions to you both!

Miles · Married on 11/18/2017

Tammy was great during our consultation and the staff were incredibly friendly and helpful whenever we interacted with them via emails, stopping by the shop, and even during the day of delivery. We ordered a small cake and an assortment of cupcakes and we rented a tiered gold stand; everything was delicious and the prices were very reasonable. We gave them a bag with silk flowers and a cake topper without much clear direction and they turned it into something amazing (unfortunately I didn't have the presence of mind to take a picture during set up, but I'll try to update once we get pictures from the photographers)! Highly recommended!

Sent on 11/20/2017
    Specialty Cakes 7
    Specialty Cakes 8

Specialty Cakes's reply:

Miles, Thank you for the kind words! You were so easy to work with from beginning to end. Enjoy your time now that it is not all spent planning a wedding! Congratulations!

Melissa · Married on 10/07/2017

The cake was delicious!! Everyone at my wedding thought so too!

Sent on 10/21/2017

Specialty Cakes's reply:

Thank you!!! We loved doing your cake! Congratulations on your special day!!

Lauren · Married on 09/09/2017

We enjoyed working with Tammy to create our wedding cake and a groom's cake. I brought in pictures from Pinterest and they created exactly what I we had discussed! Couldn't be any happier!

Sent on 01/17/2018
    Specialty Cakes 9
    Specialty Cakes 10

Specialty Cakes's reply:

Thank you Lauren! You are so sweet!

Kaitlyn · Married on 09/02/2017

We worked with Tammy at Specialty Cakes for our wedding cake. We had a multi-tier cake which included three different flavors: banana, vanilla and chocolate. The cake not only looked amazing, but tasted amazing as well! We have heard and continue to hear great things about the cake! We would definitely recommend Specialty Cakes to anyone – whether it’s for a cake or cupcakes – their baked goods are the best!

Sent on 10/02/2017
    Specialty Cakes 11
    Specialty Cakes 12

Specialty Cakes's reply:

Thank you!! We LOVED this cake!!!! So glad you enjoyed!

Monica · Married on 08/12/2017

We received a gorgeous cake!!! Exactly like the picture we showed her! Staff was very nice! Also tasted awsome! have used specialty cakes in the past and will continue to use them in the future! Very happy!

Sent on 08/16/2017

Specialty Cakes's reply:

We are so glad that you liked everything!!
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 10/22/2016

We enjoyed the sample tasting meeting and were in love with the designs Specialty Cakes had created in the past. We weren't disappointed on our wedding day. Our fall themed small cake and cupcakes looked AND tasted great!

Sent on 11/06/2016

Specialty Cakes's reply:

Thank you Emily!! You two are such a cute couple! Enjoy married life!

Amanda · Married on 09/17/2016

Specialty Cakes did an amazing job on my wedding cake. Not only that but it tasted fantastic. There was no cake left at the end of the night. My only advice is to order more than you think you need, at least in my case. Everyone loved it so much and so did I!

Tahnee · Married on 09/10/2016

They did our wedding cake and groom's cake. Awesome job! Great service, affordable, great looking and delicious cake! Highly recommend :)

I was so pleased with how out cake, cupcakes, and cake pops are going to turn out!! Staff were very friendly and accommodating and even helped with budgeting! I definitely recommend!

P.S... The flavors are delicious!!!

richelle · Married on 07/30/2016

Tammy and Specialty Cakes was amazing! The cake was absolutely gorgeous and tasted amazing. Tammy helped us thru the design process and took our ideas and turned it into a beautiful creation. Thank you!

Sent on 11/20/2016

Specialty Cakes's reply:

Thanks Richelle! You were such a joy to work with! Congratulations to you both!

Michelle · Married on 07/09/2016

I have used Specialty Cakes in the past for birthday cakes and this was at the top of my list for my wedding cake. I knew we had definitely found the perfect place when my fiance was over the moon to try the different flavors and help pick out the cake and its decorations. I cannot wait to see the final product. I know it will be wonderful!

• Fallon

Fallon · Married on 06/11/2016

Tammy did an excellent job with our wedding cake. She listened to what we wanted and created exactly that! Our cake was not only beautiful, but also moist and delicious. Although we ordered a lot of cake, it was do good there wasn't a single piece left!

teagan · Married on 12/30/2015

They did an awesome job with turning my vision for my wedding cake into a reality. It turned out way better than I ever hoped for and tasted amazing!

Michael · Married on 06/06/2015

I'll put it to you this way: we loved all of the different flavors so much that we got a three-tiered cake made up to two different flavors, dozens of cupcakes of two more flavors, and dozens of cake pops of still two more flavors. On the day of our wedding, the kitchen staff at the venue was working as fast as they could to cut more pieces to replace the ones that were getting snatched up. Everything was devoured within an hour. My newly-minted spouse and I were saddened that we did not get to have a sample of everything at our own wedding, so we bought more cupcakes and cake pops when we went back the next week to return the display stands. Traditionally, the top layer of the cake is kept until the first anniversary, but we decided to eat ours over the next week and just order a new cake after our first year together. Am I getting my point across about how much we love these cakes? Our only complaint is that we did not order enough, so be sure to estimate for yourself how big your want "a serving" to be and back-calculate from there. We wish that we lived closer to Springfield so that we could visit Specialty Cakes more often, but we're glad that we don't, because our lack of self-control would be an issue...

Christy · Married on 03/28/2015

I was so please with my experience at specialty cakes. Although our wedding is still a few months away and we haven't actually seen the cake in person yet, the process of deciding what we wanted was flawless! They were able to come up with a design that was exactly what I had imagined and the price was extremely reasonable! Cannot wait to see our cake and cupcakes in person! I know they will look great and taste amazing!!!!

I wanted to do a One word review but it says i have to type more. Here it is...one word...Delicious!

Liz · Married on 08/30/2014

Tammy and her team did an amazing job! They did a four-tiered wedding cake for us and an Atlanta Braves grooms cake. Both turned out exactly as I envisioned - maybe even better! Her cakes are so good, I still pop into the shop for a cupcake now and then :)

I HIGHLY recommend Specialty Cakes by Tammy!
    -Liz Foster, Springfield IL

Amy · Married on 06/07/2014

Our wedding cake was absolutely beautiful!! I had a picture from Pinterest that I wanted and they made it look exactly like the picture. It tasted wonderful as well.

Tammy was so easy to work with. It took me several stops in to decide what I really wanted and she was very helpful and understanding each time. The cake turned out exactly as I had imagined and the taste was amazing, as her cakes are always delicious!

Kitrina · Married on 08/10/2013

What can I say about this place??!! From the cookies for the Shower, to the Groom's Cake (that looked like weights on a barbell) for the rehearsal to the cupcakes at the reception, everything was perfect and everyone was raving!!! They all turned out better than I had imagined/expected and were ALL gone by the end of the night :) I highly recommend this business and will definitely be using them in the future!

Nereida · Married on 02/15/2013

I ordered a wedding cake from Specialty Cakes. It was stunning! Far more beautiful than I imagined. Order from Specialty Cakes. I'm completely sold and will go nowhere else when I need dessert. Great flavor and soooo gorgeous!

Erika · Married on 12/29/2012

We had our wedding cake done by Specialty Cakes for our 12/29/12 wedding. It turned out exactly as we had discussed & it was BEAUTIFUL! Tammy & her staff are very knowledgable, friendly & easy to work with. We changed our design multiple times and Tammy was very understanding and looked forward to making the changes. We had multiple compliments on how delicious and moist the cake was. We would highly recommend Specialty Cakes to anyone - they did a fabulous job.

• Felicia

Felicia · Married on 10/27/2012

They were very professional and fun to work with. They took our ideas and ran with it. They can do whatever you like and listen to what you want. The cake was every thing we could of hoped for and more. Best thing about the cake is that it not only looked amazing but it tasted amazing as well.

• User2119956 · 2+ years ago

Tammy was wonderful to work with. She was so good at helping me imagine the perfect cake! It was stunning and all of my guests loved the look AND the taste. Now that's impressive!