41 Reviews for Specialty Cakes

Delivery (5)
Cupcakes (4)
Cake Toppers (1)
40 Specialty Cakes Reviews

We had to book them at a relatively late moment, but everything turned out wonderful. Everyone we dealt with was so nice and accommodating. We got so many compliments from our guests on our cupcakes. They were gone in a flash.

Profile Picture Shannon, 6/22/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Cupcakes, Cake Stands, Consultations, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

Have some money $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Profile Picture Michael, 12/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Tammy was great during our consultation and the staff were incredibly friendly and helpful whenever we interacted with them via emails, stopping by the shop, and even during the day of delivery. We ordered a small cake and an assortment of cupcakes and we rented a tiered gold stand; everything was delicious and the prices were very reasonable. We gave them a bag with silk flowers and a cake topper without much clear direction and they turned it into something amazing (unfortunately I didn't have the presence of mind to take a picture during set up, but I'll try to update once we get pictures from the photographers)! Highly recommended!

Profile Picture Miles, 11/18/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cake Stands, Cakes, Cupcakes, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

The cake was delicious!! Everyone at my wedding thought so too!

Profile Picture Melissa, 10/7/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We enjoyed working with Tammy to create our wedding cake and a groom's cake. I brought in pictures from Pinterest and they created exactly what I we had discussed! Couldn't be any happier!

Profile Picture Lauren, 9/9/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We worked with Tammy at Specialty Cakes for our wedding cake. We had a multi-tier cake which included three different flavors: banana, vanilla and chocolate. The cake not only looked amazing, but tasted amazing as well! We have heard and continue to hear great things about the cake! We would definitely recommend Specialty Cakes to anyone – whether it’s for a cake or cupcakes – their baked goods are the best!

Profile Picture Kaitlyn, 9/2/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cake Stands
3.8

The cake tasted amazing and looked very pretty. However the cake was not what we asked for. We asked for our wedding color which was Tiffany blue and silver on the cake, and she made it clear on the sheet she gave us that our colors would be on the cake. I went over to do our cake cutting and noticed our cake was only white and had a little bit of silver on it. I wasn't very disappointed.

Profile Picture Sydney, 8/12/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We received a gorgeous cake!!! Exactly like the picture we showed her! Staff was very nice! Also tasted awsome! have used specialty cakes in the past and will continue to use them in the future! Very happy!

Profile Picture Monica, 8/12/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Specialty Cakes made our cake and it was beyond beautiful. It made such a statement in the room, exactly what we were looking for and the flavors we chose were just as amazing as the cake looked. Everyone that worked there was amazing which made choosing to go with their business a "piece of cake"! We highly recommend Specialty Cakes!!!

Profile Picture Sarah, 5/27/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Cakes

We enjoyed the sample tasting meeting and were in love with the designs Specialty Cakes had created in the past. We weren't disappointed on our wedding day. Our fall themed small cake and cupcakes looked AND tasted great!

Profile Picture Emily, 10/22/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cake Stands, Cakes, Cupcakes, Custom Design, Setup, Private Tastings

We came in for our tasting and they took very good care of us. We brought a picture of a cake I loved and they made it from buttercream just as I wanted. It was delicious and it looked perfect on our wedding day.

Profile Picture Emily, 10/15/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Specialty Cakes did an amazing job on my wedding cake. Not only that but it tasted fantastic. There was no cake left at the end of the night. My only advice is to order more than you think you need, at least in my case. Everyone loved it so much and so did I!

Profile Picture Amanda, 9/17/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Cake Stands, Consultations, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

They did our wedding cake and groom's cake. Awesome job! Great service, affordable, great looking and delicious cake! Highly recommend :)

Profile Picture Tahnee, 9/10/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I was so pleased with how out cake, cupcakes, and cake pops are going to turn out!! Staff were very friendly and accommodating and even helped with budgeting! I definitely recommend!

P.S... The flavors are delicious!!!

Profile Picture User6732916, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Tammy and Specialty Cakes was amazing! The cake was absolutely gorgeous and tasted amazing. Tammy helped us thru the design process and took our ideas and turned it into a beautiful creation. Thank you!

Profile Picture richelle, 7/30/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Cakes

I have used Specialty Cakes in the past for birthday cakes and this was at the top of my list for my wedding cake. I knew we had definitely found the perfect place when my fiance was over the moon to try the different flavors and help pick out the cake and its decorations. I cannot wait to see the final product. I know it will be wonderful!

Profile Picture Michelle , 7/9/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Cupcakes, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cake Stands

Tammy did an excellent job with our wedding cake. She listened to what we wanted and created exactly that! Our cake was not only beautiful, but also moist and delicious. Although we ordered a lot of cake, it was do good there wasn't a single piece left!

Profile Picture Fallon, 6/11/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

They did an awesome job with turning my vision for my wedding cake into a reality. It turned out way better than I ever hoped for and tasted amazing!

Profile Picture teagan, 12/30/15, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Custom Design, Cakes, Cake Stands, Cake Toppers

I'll put it to you this way: we loved all of the different flavors so much that we got a three-tiered cake made up to two different flavors, dozens of cupcakes of two more flavors, and dozens of cake pops of still two more flavors. On the day of our wedding, the kitchen staff at the venue was working as fast as they could to cut more pieces to replace the ones that were getting snatched up. Everything was devoured within an hour. My newly-minted spouse and I were saddened that we did not get to have a sample of everything at our own wedding, so we bought more cupcakes and cake pops when we went back the next week to return the display stands. Traditionally, the top layer of the cake is kept until the first anniversary, but we decided to eat ours over the next week and just order a new cake after our first year together. Am I getting my point across about how much we love these cakes? Our only complaint is that we did not order enough, so be sure to estimate for yourself how big your want "a serving" to be and back-calculate from there. We wish that we lived closer to Springfield so that we could visit Specialty Cakes more often, but we're glad that we don't, because our lack of self-control would be an issue...

Profile Picture Michael, 6/6/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I was so please with my experience at specialty cakes. Although our wedding is still a few months away and we haven't actually seen the cake in person yet, the process of deciding what we wanted was flawless! They were able to come up with a design that was exactly what I had imagined and the price was extremely reasonable! Cannot wait to see our cake and cupcakes in person! I know they will look great and taste amazing!!!!

Profile Picture Christy, 3/28/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I wanted to do a One word review but it says i have to type more. Here it is...one word...Delicious!

Profile Picture Terri, 2/28/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Tammy and her team did an amazing job! They did a four-tiered wedding cake for us and an Atlanta Braves grooms cake. Both turned out exactly as I envisioned - maybe even better! Her cakes are so good, I still pop into the shop for a cupcake now and then :)

I HIGHLY recommend Specialty Cakes by Tammy!
-Liz Foster, Springfield IL

Profile Picture Liz, 8/30/14, 4 Reviews
3.6

We requested a 3 tier gluten free wedding cake, regular sheet cakes, and 2 groom's cakes. I picked up the groom's cake on Friday afternoon. Specialty Cakes was on vacation, so I had to pick up at the back door. I am SO lucky this happened.. and that I glanced at the cooler. I saw a cake that looked somewhat like what I wanted. I asked if it were ours and she said yes. However, it was missing an entire tier, there were icing balls instead of pearl, and the lace work was super floral ugly and not intricate lace. When I described how I had wanted the cake, the girl said, "Oh, so like the picture?" Um, yes, please and thank you. I was very calm and happy with the fact that they would fix it for the next day. And they did add the 3rd tier and changed the icing balls to pearls. However, the ugly lace was still very floral and not intricate whatsoever. It was pretty, but not what I had wanted. The company is aware of my feelings, as I made a phone call post wedding. I also let them know that their gluten free cake is not good at all. I would have much rather used Betty Crocker's gluten free cake mix... That stuff is yummy! So, keep a tab on what your cake looks like and don't order gluten free until they fix their recipe. On a more positive note, everyone said the regular cake was delicious.

Profile Picture User3534145, 2+ years ago, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Our wedding cake was absolutely beautiful!! I had a picture from Pinterest that I wanted and they made it look exactly like the picture. It tasted wonderful as well.

Profile Picture Amy, 6/7/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Tammy was so easy to work with. It took me several stops in to decide what I really wanted and she was very helpful and understanding each time. The cake turned out exactly as I had imagined and the taste was amazing, as her cakes are always delicious!

Profile Picture Megan, 3/22/14, 7 Reviews