Special Events Alaska Reviews

7 | Wasilla, AK

7 Reviews for Special Events Alaska

Barbara · Married on 07/28/2017

Special Events Alaska has been outstanding to work with! They have high quality rental items and retail items to put that final touch to any event! Every employee that I dealt with was professional and knowledgeable about the products that the company offers. I would highly recommend Special Events Alaska to anyone and everyone!

Sent on 11/01/2017

Roxanne · Married on 04/20/2017

Amazing Employees. Able to find everything i needed.

Sent on 10/31/2017

cj · Married on 11/02/2016

amazing work!! and Highly Creative!!

Sent on 12/19/2016

Joy · Married on 09/03/2016

Thank you Special Events for helping make my wedding a wonderful event. I rented 1 large party tent and chairs for my wedding and they were perfect for the wedding and reception. The website is easy to use, the staff was very accommodating and responsive. Special Events called me with any questions about my reservation and I enjoyed working with them. Instead of receiving confusing emails I received personal phone calls and follow up emails with quick turn-around. Everything was as expected, arrived on time and set up perfectly. Thank you for making my special day wonderful. ~ Joy and Matt

Sent on 12/18/2016

I rented chiavari chairs for my wedding. They were great, on time for drop off and delivery and chairs were clean and beautiful. I was very pleased.

Sent on 06/21/2015

Naomi · Married on 08/09/2014

Since we had our ceremony at a private location outdoors we needed chairs and an arch. Since it's Alaska, we also got a tent just to be safe. With the exception of the pickup date not being noted correctly on my order, my experience was wonderful. They had what we needed, when we went to their store location we found even more odds and ends we needed--- DecoBalls, these were amazing additions to the decorations! When it came to delivery and setting up, the two delivery men were extremely nice and more than willing to make sure everything was in the perfect position. While we ended not needing to have the tent, it did dress up the backyard a but and allowed me to put more decorations up.

Sent on 08/27/2014

K · Married on 06/24/2017

0.6
      1.0
      1.0
      0.5

Outrageously priced, mediocre product and poor customer service.

We had multiple questions about what type of tents we were going to use, we were expecting over 200 guests. After going over the details a few times about different tents and whether to use round or rectangle tables, the clerk informed us that if we had any more questions or wanted anymore advise/help there would be a fee of $89 an hour for her time. $80/hour to discuss their product?

We rented tents, chairs, a dance floor, and tables from the place that totaled over $3500. Then a week before the wedding after we had already paid in advance we were told that there would be an extra $600 delivery fee to have everything delivered the night before so that it would be set up and ready come wedding day. We had no choice but to pay the extra $600.

Come delivery date we were left with stacks of chairs and tables to set up ourselves, after paying this company $4100, which in the end cost us more than my dress, catering, photographers and the DJ combined.

While unstacking the chairs and tables we came across multiple chairs that were broken and multiple chairs that had frosting and cake all over them that we had to clean. We also had a large chip in the dance floor and holes in our tent that kept dripping water on our guests.

The only reason that I give this company more than 0 stars is because their delivery guys were very friendly, attentive, and considerate. Other than that we had a horrible unaccommodating experience with them and would never use them again or recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 08/27/2017