Spartanburg Marriott Reviews

35 Reviews for Spartanburg Marriott

• Tamika

Tamika · Married on 10/20/2018

Keenon-Littlejohn's Wedding 10-20-18

We couldn't have chosen a better place to have our wedding. The staff was very friendly and professional. The venue is beautiful, the food was wonderful and the staff was prompt. No worries on your special day. This is a great place to host a wedding. I would look no further.

Sent on 04/30/2019

Sherrie · Married on 12/16/2017

Tiffany was GREAT about any, and EVERYTHING!!
    THANKS TIFFANY

Sent on 04/05/2018

Rhonda · Married on 04/23/2017

It was such a pleasure working with the most caring Event Manager Jessica Dase and other awesome staff members at The Spartanburg Marriott Hotel for my April 23, 2017 wedding and reception. Jessica's knowledge and experience was so helpful it made the planning process stress free. The wedding and reception was beautifully organized and just as I envisioned. We couldn't have found a more perfect venue and the staff was excellent. Thank you soooo much!

Sent on 05/22/2017

Laura · Married on 04/16/2016

After 16 months of planning everything just fell into place. Staff went above and beyond expectations.

Sent on 05/19/2016

Cynthia · Married on 11/28/2015

Megan was great she always responded quickly with any questions she always made me feel very important. I actually wanted a venue closer to our home but with Megan's customer service I didn't mind at all the distance! The food was great everything was set up as we had talked about!

Sent on 12/08/2015

Perfect wedding and reception. Very nice location for a wedding.

Sent on 12/21/2015

Alexis · Married on 09/19/2015

My wife and I had our wedding and reception with the Marriott. It was a fantastic experience. The staff was attentive and professional. Stephen and David ran our catering services for the day of the ceremony and reception. They were professional and diligent in catering to us and our guests. The set up and take down was completely handled without a single issue that came to us. The cleanup crew even managed to gather all left items they found at the wedding and were courteous enough to place them where they could be easily claimed.
    I cannot speak highly enough about Megan Jarrett (Peevy). We began by loosely looking at the Marriott and several other places. The organization, helpfulness, and availability Megan provided to us for an initial meeting let us know the correct answer. We left knowing that Megan would work to make everything seamless. Not only was Megan attentive to the type of reception and theme we wanted to bring, she provided numerous suggestions about both flow and style that made our wedding and reception run smoothly. Megan must have responded to over 100 emails sent by my wife during this planning period. This wedding was planned from four states away and occasionally from an oil rig in the Gulf of Mexico. Megan took that distance and communication difficulty in stride and without a single complaint. A prime example would be the reception menu. The food was delicious, but Megan even managed to organize and execute a special entrée item that fit with our theme. The Marriott provided a beautiful and very well maintained venue for the wedding. Megan made sure the wedding was perfect. We may have chosen the Marriott for the wedding without Megan, but I am confident it would not have been amazing. We could not have asked for a better planner and assistant.

Sent on 12/14/2015

Jamaal · Married on 08/02/2015

Service was great staff was wonderful and professional

• F

Frankie · Married on 08/01/2015

Highly professional yet very personal service. Efficient and able to offer appropriate suggestions to eliminate all your worries

Amy · Married on 07/05/2015

Everyone I worked with at the Marriott throughout the whole planning process was excellent! Megan was a lifesaver!! She walked me through every detail and made sure everything was in order. It was such a great and stress free experience!

Sent on 08/13/2015

Tamonya · Married on 06/13/2015

The Spartanburg Marriott is a very nice place to have your rehearsal dinner, wedding and reception it is very beautiful and Megan Jarrett (Sales and Catering Manager | Certified Wedding Planner) was AWESOME. The whole staff was GREAT.

Sent on 08/12/2015

This is the place!! You need to book your wedding here. The service, beauty of the venue, and overall elegance is impeccable. Megan Peevy (catering and sales manager/certified wedding planner) is the BEST!!! She will ensure that your wedding vision takes shape and is executed successfully. She works well with other vendors and is extremely responsive to questions!! Don't look any further, if you want elegance, professionalism, and top-notch service- choose the Marriott-Spartanburg. Contact Megan today and make your fairy tale wedding a reality!!

Sent on 01/06/2015

Spartanburg Marriott is the best place in my opinion to have a wedding reception. The moment you enter everything is gorgeous, including the staircase and the ballroom. The beauty of the place is simply breath taking. Megan Peevy, Catering and Sales Account Manager, was so professional, patient and quick to answer any questions or concerns that I had. One phone call to Megan and she handled everything for me. The entire staff was very accommodating and professional; even the florist we used commented on the staff. We enjoyed a sit-down dinner and the food was delicious. At the close of the evening it was nice to only take care of what we had brought in and not bother with clean up. I will tell others about the Marriott and may use again myself. Hope Megan is still working at Spartanburg Marriott because she is awesome!

Sent on 01/14/2015

Teri · Married on 09/27/2014

i could not have asked for a better event. My husband and I renewed our wedding vows after 30 years. Megan Peevy is wonderful to work with. Megan quickly responded to every email and helped coordinate everything. Things went so smoothly, nothing was overlooked. Our event was almost 4 months ago and people are still talking about it. I would whole heartily recommend the Marriott and Megan Peevy.

Sent on 01/13/2015

Rebecca · Married on 08/16/2014

I can highly recommend theThe Marriott-Spartanburg for any event you may be scheduling. The company I work for uses them for business and using them for my Wedding was a perfect choice. The entire staff, and especially Ms. Megan Peevy (Event Coordinator), exhibited exemplary & professional service. They could not have been more accomodating.

Sent on 01/12/2015

James · Married on 08/03/2014

Hotel for guests for our son's wedding; super location, super friendly and super professional. Staff did everything from handing out guest bags to plan and cater an after wedding brunch. Would definitely recommend for any type event -large or small. Particularly want to commend the events manager, Megan Peevy, for all she did to make this weekend a big success.

Sent on 08/23/2014

Stephanie · Married on 07/11/2014

The food was wonderful and everything was set up just how I wanted it. Being able to have everything in one place made it so easy.

Sent on 01/12/2015

Nikki · Married on 05/31/2014

My overall experience with the Marriott of Spartanburg was fantastic. They truly did a wonderful job accommodating my needs throughout the entire wedding planning process. Their sales team, specifically Megan Peevy, was very professional and helpful throughout. I would highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 08/21/2014

Megan was great to work with. She was there throughout the whole process of planning our reception at the Marriott. She made things run so smoothly and she always made herself available when I had questions or concerns. The food was great! The staff members were really helpful and welcoming. We definitely chose the right place for our reception!

Sent on 06/02/2014

I received excellent service at the Marriott.

Sent on 04/08/2014

Megan did a wonderful job helping me with room reservations for our daughter's wedding weekend. Everything was handled quite professionally and I was very pleased.

Sent on 04/10/2014

Leslie · Married on 12/28/2013

The entire staff from Megan Peevy (room block and rehearsal dinner) to front desk staff was absolutely awesome and VERY easy to work with before, during and after our event!!
    Leslie Ellison
    Sr. Event Planner
    Dreamy Affairs Signature Events

Sent on 01/21/2014

Leslie Ellison · Married on 12/27/2013

Megan Peevy, Sales & Catering Manager, was awesome to work with throughout the process. She was very patient and assisted us with everything we needed!! Would DEFINITELY use them again!!

Sent on 01/21/2014

Shelby · Married on 11/02/2013

To begin, it took my family and I forever to finally pick a place. We went back and forth several times and finally it came down to the Marriott and another place. We made comparisons and decided the Marriott was our best bet (oh and by the way we only used them for our reception site). So we finally made a down payment and we got to work with the best Wedding planner, Megan Peevy.
    Not only is the Marriott in Spartanburg so beautiful, you get a few perks as well. I'm not going to lie, it is kind of pricey, but you get A LOT out of what you pay for, which includes some perks for the bride and groom. The place is just fabulous looking inside and out, with a beautiful mural on the ceiling when you walk in and a grand stair case that just makes your heart melt. The rooms they use are huge and so pretty and can easily be customized.
    So, yes it is pretty, but we worked with Megan and she was so great. She did everything in her abilities to make us happy and she was so friendly and professional. She was informational, but willing to work with us when needed. It was so awesome working with her!
    Everyone was just amazing to work with and they made sure my day was perfect.
    I loved this place so much and I have no complaints whatsoever. I definitely recommend them!

Sent on 11/28/2013