Spacecraft Entertainment Reviews

29 Reviews for Spacecraft Entertainment

• Kristen

Kristen MacDougall · Married on 01/12/2019

Easy and professional

Spacecraft entertainment is perfect for the couple who is looking for a highly professional DJ who will listen and understand what they are looking for in reception entertainment, but doesn't want to spend hours creating a "songs to play" and "do not play list" ( although, I'm sure DJ Jeff and his team would work well for those individuals as well). He quickly "got" what we wanted through his extremely easy and organized planning process- and executed it perfectly. I highly recommend Spacecraft entertainment!

Sent on 03/18/2019

Spacecraft Entertainment's reply:

Thank you for the kind review, Kristen! We really enjoyed working with you and Joey. Keep us in mind for any future events you guys might have.

Matthew · Married on 05/25/2018

We had DJ Jeff at our wedding and he was amazing! He had a very nice form to fill out so we could have a really good starting point for a conversation about music for the wedding, including potentially different styles for each portion (ceremony, reception, dinner, dancing, etc). He was really accommodating, kind, professional, and skilled! His beat matching was on point and he was able to read the dance floor and keep people interested and having fun the entire night. Our cost was a little higher than average because we had a pre-ceremony cocktail "hour" (which was actually 2 hours) which Jeff also played music during, so all in all Jeff was going for 7 hours. He was a trooper and fantasic, we are super happy we had him at our wedding.

Sent on 09/19/2018

Spacecraft Entertainment's reply:

Thank you, Matt! I really enjoyed working with you and Grace.
  • Kimberly

Kimberly Fischer · Married on 05/05/2018

Wedding dj

We hired DJ Jeff for our wedding and can't express in words how great he did!

DJ Jeff took the time to speak with us even before we decided to hire him and went through what our music tastes were, how we wanted the theme to be, etc. There were a many specific songs we wanted for the reception and DJ Jeff came through! He put together the most banging round of 80s music to kick off our dance party at the bride’s request!

DJ Jeff was absolutely on point when he showed up, first having the exact songs in place for each part of the ceremony, allowing us time to perform a final rehearsal for the first dance, and ensuring that he had everything correct prior to the wedding day. My wife and I were extremely happy with DJ Jeff's professional attitude, due diligence, and overall performance!

DJ Jeff also gave us some amazing lighting for our venue, with teal green uplights highlighting our ballroom draping to accent our wedding colors. He also added pinspot lighting over both bride and groom cakes which turned out smashingly!

I absolutely recommend DJ Jeff with Spacecraft Entertainment for your wedding!

Sent on 10/30/2018

Spacecraft Entertainment's reply:

Thank you, Kimberly & Dustin! Your kind words mean so much. It was wonderful to know and work with you guys.

Skyler · Married on 11/04/2017

Working with Jeff was fun and easy! My husband Kyle and I love a lot of different music, and Jeff was able to mix all of them seamlesslessly. He also took our recommendations and fit our music to our tastes so well, with minimal direction needed. He didn’t need much from us, but was open to receiving as much input as we would like. He had our guests dancing all night!

He was so professional and kind from the beginning to the end. Thank you for setting the mood the entire evening!

Skyler and Kyle Taylor

Sent on 11/21/2017

Bobbi · Married on 11/04/2016

Jeff did such a great job and was very professional! I was very nervous about hiring a DJ and Jeff made everything flow seamlessly! He had the dance floor hopping and really contributed to our wedding being a success! Thanks again!!

Sent on 12/16/2016
  • Kim

Kim · Married on 10/15/2016

I was so impressed with the professionalism of Jeff and DJ Ryan since the beginning of the planning process. They were very responsive and easy to communicate our plans for the wedding. We hired them for our ceremony, reception and utilized their projector service and all was great. DJ Ryan was fun to work with and definitely had the entire wedding on their feet as we all danced the night away. Thanks to Ryan, Jeff and Spacecraft Entertainment for a good time!

Sent on 11/22/2016

Leslie · Married on 09/17/2016

Spacecraft entertainment was a great choice as our DJ. We were planning remotely and they were quick to respond to our emails and questions. DJ Ryan did a great job working diligently setting up, breaking down and planning some great jams. He listened to what we wanted and didn't disappoint. We didn't have a wedding planner so he was able to follow instructions and had no problems. Well worth what we paid

Sent on 08/19/2017

Melanie · Married on 01/23/2016

Spacecraft Entertainment was exactly what we needed! We only had to meet with Jeff twice and exchange a few emails and the music at our reception was stellar. He gave us the opportunity to speak about our personal preferences in music and let us be as involved in building the playlist as we wanted. Jeff was extremely thorough with our personal dances and made sure he had the exact version of the songs we chose (including one from a very local artist that was not easily available for download). He went above and beyond when he helped me and my dad adjust the tempo on our song for the father/daughter dance since it was too fast. On the day of our event, he showed up early, was extremely polite and flexible. I dropped by the DJ booth only once to let him know that it was time to play our special family song and he slid it in seamlessly within 5 minutes of my request. As an MC, he didn't overuse the microphone or work too hard to "hype" the crowd, but he made sure everyone knew what was going on (when shuttles were leaving, who was toasting, etc). He was extremely adept about measuring the interest of the crowd and managed to keep guests on the dancefloor all night. He played some easy-listening dance songs early for the older generation to dance to before they made their exit. When guests started to leave, I was certain the party would crash and burn early. I shouldn't have been worried at all! Jeff cranked up the tempo and aimed the playlist at the younger generation and the party got a second wind. Late in the evening, Jeff circled back, reminded me the reception was drawing to a close and asked if there were any songs I hadn't yet heard. It's clear that Spacecraft takes their job very seriously and they were extremely professional. Their staff and all their online tools were easy to work with and Jeff thought of things that we hadn't even considered. I would recommend their service to anyone and as a budget-conscious bride, I will say this - WORTH EVERY PENNY.

Sent on 04/10/2016

Andrea · Married on 10/18/2014

I can’t say enough good things about Jeff with Spacecraft Entertainment. He is professional, fun, and detail oriented and the bottom line is that the dance floor was full the entire night. We interviewed several DJs and chose Jeff because he was very easy to get along with and seemed to truly enjoy his profession. I was impressed with his communication and professionalism throughout the entire process. We did a walk-through of the venue with Jeff a few weeks before the wedding. We discussed everything from extra speakers, what to do in case of rain and the type of music we were wanting. I felt a lot better knowing he had seen the space and was up for flexibility in case of weather. A week before the wedding we did a phone interview and walked through the entire ceremony and reception so that he would not skip a beat. And he NEVER skipped a beat. All of our special requests were fulfilled. He read the crowd during the dances and had a wonderful mix of slow songs and dance party songs. I can’t say it enough how easy Jeff was to work with. If we ever have a future event where we need a DJ I will contact him again.

Sent on 10/27/2014

Spacecraft Entertainment's reply:

Thank you, Andrea! It was a pleasure planning and DJing at your wedding! I'm happy you and all of your guests enjoyed your special day!

Jenna · Married on 10/12/2014

Jeff at Spacecraft Entertainment was a superb vendor to work with. At our initial meeting, I was impressed with Jeff's attention to detail and his professionalism; it was clear to me that he took what he did seriously and would take a great effort to accommodate the individual needs and wants of each client. This certainly ended up being the case. Jeff had us fill out extensive questionnaires due a few weeks before the wedding that let us explain the ins and outs of our ceremony and reception, entrances, song preferences, etc., and he was able to cater to all our requests, including looping our processional music on the fly to coincide with the exact end of the processional. We also had a detailed phone meeting one week prior to the wedding, where Jeff made sure to go through all of our details and make sure that he understood exactly what we wanted. He made me feel confident that he would do an excellent job on the wedding day, and it all went swimmingly! Jeff adjusted easily when we had to move our ceremony inside at the last minute, and all of our other plans went off without a hitch. His music selections throughout the evening were matched perfectly to our requests, and all of our guests had a wonderful time, including during our group polka, a family tradition! Right before our exit, when my new husband and I were the last ones remaining in the hall at the end of the night, Jeff also unexpectedly played us one of our fun joke-y ceremony songs, which was a nice little moment. I wholeheartedly recommend Spacecraft Entertainment to any couple looking for a DJ with attention to detail, professionalism, and great music!

Sent on 10/18/2014

Spacecraft Entertainment's reply:

Thank you, Jenna! I'm glad we were able to make your day so memorable!
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 10/05/2014

Everyone has always thought about what the soundtrack would be in a movie based on their lives--well Jeff made that dream become a reality! Jeff was the DJ at our wedding, and he was incredibly accommodating to every request we had--and we had quite a few. He had a easy-to-use website set up for us to plan the music which was incredibly helpful because it could be accessed 24/7 and made me think of things I hadn't thought of before. We also had a walk-through a few days beforehand and he asked a lot of questions to make sure everything was perfect (and had some awesome suggestions of his own). I can't recommend him enough!

Sent on 10/20/2014

Spacecraft Entertainment's reply:

Thank you again, Kelly! I'm happy you and all of your guests enjoyed the reception!

Arian · Married on 08/10/2014

Jeff was very professional and easy to work with. He did a great job providing DJ services at our wedding! We met couple of times before the wedding to make sure that we were on the same page. I had a specific request on the song orders and categories and he did a fabulous job executing the plan! Also, he was flexible with extending the music time since everyone was having a great time! I absolutely recommend him for your wedding!

Sent on 12/09/2014

Jeff is the best! He is affordable, responsive, and organized. In the weeks and months leading up to the wedding he would promptly respond to all emails, assisted in locating the right versions of songs that we wanted, and helped with sound equipment for the other musicians and the ceremony. He is a great MC during the dinner/dancing and his song choices were on-point. We interviewed other DJs with crazy-fancy set-ups and big/loud DJ personalities, and we found that we really didn't want all of that. Jeff is professional and not a cheesy DJ persona. He was a great pick and I highly recommend him!

Sent on 06/14/2014

louise · Married on 03/29/2014

I was nervous about hiring a DJ for my wedding because I’ve heard (and seen) so many BAD DJs. Jeff is awesome! We met up one time and I knew he would do a great job. He listens to everything you want and delivers! Jeff set up everything so quickly and did an amazing job of working with my planner. He stayed on schedule and helped set up speakers and mics in different areas of my venue so we could use the whole space! Awesome! Don’t look any further if looking for a DJ in Austin! Jeff is the best! A++!!

Sent on 04/01/2014

Spacecraft Entertainment's reply:

Thank you, Louise! It was a pleasure DJing your wedding!

My guests LOVED our DJ, and the dance floor was full all night. The music was awesome, and it was entirely due to Jeff's talent, knowledge of music, and his willingness to be open to requests (which you provide in advance via an online planning tool). He reads your guests and plays more of what they like, always remaining within the confines of your instructions. Jeff is a great communicator, very organized, and overall very easy and comfortable to work with. If you like what he says on his website, that is exactly what you will get at your event, only it will be even cooler than he describes. Jeff remembered every detail and kept the night flowing smoothly. He worked really well with the venue and my photographer, and he looks genuinely happy in all my wedding photos, like he's having a great time himself. Jeff's price is a great value for the amazing services you'll receive. Finding someone as professional, talented, and affordable as Jeff was a brilliant stroke of luck.

Sent on 04/14/2014

Chelsea · Married on 12/29/2013

Jeff is seriously the coolest wedding DJ ever. My husband and I were so impressed by him from our first contact with him until the final song at our wedding. As a bride/wedding planner my expectations were pretty high, and he totally blew us out of the water!

-Jeff always got back to us in a timely manner. He was easy to chat with and easy to get a hold of. When we had our phone conversation with him about some details he led the conversation professionally and completely got our music style after asking only a couple of questions.
    -He provided so much more than I thought he was going to! It was so nice to have a little bit of lighting and a cordless microphone for toasts with even the basic package.
    -He seriously knows how to keep a dance party going. He was busting out some amazing songs and kept the dance party hopping. He took some requests as long as they were in line with the music style we had requested and his judgement was amazing.
    -We had to cut our cocktail hour outside short because the weather turned sour, and he was completely ready to go with my cocktail hour playlist I had prepared in advance.

I would strongly recommend hiring Jeff from Spacecraft for your wedding!

Sent on 01/13/2014

Jessica · Married on 11/09/2013

Jeff the DJ is an absolute professional. He played all the obscure music I asked for in my ceremony and cocktail hour. I gave him general direction for the dinner and some examples of the music I liked for the reception. He made it all great! When the population of the reception changed he came to check with me if it was okay to modify the music, I am so glad he did because it got everyone else back out on the dance floor.

Sent on 11/11/2013

Amanda · Married on 10/12/2013

Jeff at Spacecraft Entertainment is AWESOME!
    We are so so happy we found him to DJ our wedding at the Texas Federation of Women's Clubs. If you are looking for a classy/cool/and current DJ... YOU HAVE FOUND IT!

I can't give enough kudos to Jeff! My wife and I were planning our wedding in Austin while living states away in the San Fran area and Jeff helped to make everything picture perfect. Jeff was easy to stay in contact with and always promptly answered our emails or phone calls. On our wedding day we didn't have a worry in the world that the music and lighting would be perfect! All night, and for days to follow, our friends and family kept complimenting us on our music selections and the beautiful lighting. Jeff understood exactly the music and overall "feel" we were going for and executed flawlessly.

Many thanks to Jeff and to everyone at Spacecraft Entertainment.

Sent on 10/19/2013

Simone · Married on 08/24/2013

After careful research which included reading many of the reviews you will find here, we chose to meet with Jeff. We knew right after our meeting that Jeff would be our DJ. Everything I read and that you might read in these reviews is true. Jeff is very professional, attentive and bottom-line amazing. We didn’t want to be a couple that dictated every song to be played, but instead provided him with a long list of music and DJs we liked. Jeff did an amazing job blending all the song styles and asked us each time when requests came in from guests which we also appreciated and of course accepted. He kept the dance floor going all night long. Jeff also kept us on schedule based on the timeline which was just an added bonus and another huge service for us. I cannot recommend Jeff enough; he truly lives up to ‘The Best of’ title. Don’t look any further, hire Jeff!

Sent on 08/31/2013

Brandy · Married on 05/26/2013

Jeff did a fantastic job at our wedding. A little over two weeks before our wedding we saw our venue for the first time and I decided that I wanted to change from having uplighting to having a gobo. He was able to work out a new contract and order the gobo right away. We didn't give him to much guidance on the music, he was able to read the crowd and had everyone dancing. He was constantly checking with me to make sure there was anything he wasn't playing and when one of the older guests requested oldies, he consulted with me first. I said yes, then the dance floor cleared and he went right back to playing what was "working" for our dancing guests.

Sent on 08/24/2013

Piccola · Married on 05/04/2013

Jeff was wonderful! We had a lot of custom requests being that we had an Italian and Mexican wedding. He got all the songs we wanted and did a great job of keeping the night on track.

Sent on 06/04/2013

Kari · Married on 04/12/2013

DJ Jeff was amazing! He listened to what we wanted and followed through on everything. We asked him to use his judgement on requests, and he did just that and was great. We didn't have a coordinator so had to rely on him for all of our transitions which went very smoothly. DJ's can make or break a wedding, and he definitely made it the best!

Sent on 04/24/2013

Kathy · Married on 11/24/2012

Jeff Hudson put me at ease from the first time I talked to him. He is so very professional, but not intimidating. He made absolutely sure that we had everything we needed and wanted by way of music, lights, and even a microphone for the wedding ceremony. He was very patient and very good at sending reminders to keep us on track. My daughter's wedding was absolutely perfect and Jeff made the music a huge part of that. I can NOT recommend him highly enough.

Sent on 11/29/2012

Rich · Married on 10/21/2012

Jeff's professionalism, performance, and adherance to the wedding timeline far exceeded my expectations. I have been to too many weddings where the DJ has left the bride in tears of anger and frustration. My wife was left in tears of joy and appreciation. Jeff knocked it out of the park!

Sent on 10/29/2012

Jeff was very flexible with us; he played all kinds of music that we requested from pop and smooth jazz to Arabic music. He not only had a large selection of music, but he was very responsive to any changes or requests that we made. He is very polite and professional. We are very happy that we chose Jeff as our DJ.

Sent on 10/31/2012