Southern Social Events Reviews

19 Reviews for Southern Social Events

19 Southern Social Events Reviews

Leslie Rodriguez · Married on 10/13/2018

In control

No one in our family had to worry about anything on our wedding day. Even with small hiccups with another vendor, Mariana was on the ball and on top of everything. She made our wedding exactly how I pictured it. Mariana was great to work with!

Marina · Married on 07/22/2018

I couldn’t have been any happier with my florist! She did exactly what I dreamed of and everything was absolutely gorgeous!

Southern Social Events 1
    Southern Social Events 8
    Southern Social Events 9
    Southern Social Events 10

Clarissa · Married on 09/23/2017

Mariana made our dream wedding come true! She and her team worked so hard to make it perfect for us, and it really was. If I could do it all over again, I would book her again in a heart beat! We used Southern Social Events for their wedding planning services as well as florals and it was all flawless. Thank you SO much Southern Social Events for turning our dream into reality.

Southern Social Events 11
    Southern Social Events 12

Diana · Married on 04/02/2016

Now that the dust has settled and Rick and I are finally settled in our new home up here in Cincinnati... We took some time to reflect on how awesome our wedding was. We both are truly greatful that you had Priscilla help us on one of the most important day of our lives! I was a complete internal reck waiting outside of the church knowing the kind of ppl Priscilla was going to have to rangle together (our families and friends) and she handled it like a champ! And thinking the biggest hurdle was out of the way, she handled issues that came up with the venue owner and the band. Thinking back while Rick and I were budgeting for the wedding.. he was thinking about scratching the day-of coordinator and I wouldn't budge knowing what it takes to orchestrate an event.. and fast forward to us reflecting on the day, he said Priscilla was worth her weight and then some in gold! She made sure we had a blast and that the day flowed as we pictured it! A million thank yous to you as well for the arrangements and my bouquet! It was beautiful and perfect! I received nothing but compliments about how beautiful everything turned out. We will be sure to recommend your team for any upcoming family and friend functions!

Claudia · Married on 10/30/2015

Mariana is a very professional planner. She is always willing to help and problem solve. She is up to date with the latest floral trends. She is a pleasure to work with!!

• Miriam&Warren

Miriam&Warren · Married on 01/31/2014

Mariana is a great florist!! My flowers were beautiful and everyone complimented about how pretty they were. Will definitely use her again in the future

Mariana with Southern Social Events was more than we could have asked for! We were an out-of-town couple with only a few weeks before the wedding when we decided to use Mariana's services. She took our vision for our wedding day and made it work seamlessly.

It was so convenient to be able to drop off everything for the reception ahead of time, so the day of the wedding we could focus on our guests. Mariana and her staff were also at the reception and kept us on schedule so we could make the most of our nite. Details like scheduling time for us to have dinner during the reception, which sounds small, but is a big help, were not overlooked.

My husband, who was skeptical about needing a Wedding Coordinator, said it was money well spent. Mariana and her staff made it possible for us to be focused on our wedding and not sweat the small things, allowing us to enjoy every moment!

Mariana is the best! I went with Southern Social Events because after i met with Mariana, she knew exactly what I wanted my floral arrangements to look like. She worked with me even though the venue I chose was giving us both so much trouble. She was such a sweetheart throughout and even worked with me to have a very special flower at my wedding. On the night of the wedding, the floral arragements were gorgeous! Exactly what I had envisioned. I recommend her to everyone!

Vanessa · Married on 08/06/2011

Southern Social Events made our wedding dreams come true, literally! I was in my first year of law school (in Houston!) during most of the planning process, so to say that quality of service I received from Danielle, Mariana, and Priscilla was excellent would be an understatement. The girls helped me through every aspect of planning from meeting with vendors to dealing with the mishaps on the big day. I didn't think our wedding day would be stress free, but these girls made it possible! I asked my husband, after all the wedding festivities ended, if our wedding was everything he expected; his response: "It was everything I imagined and more, I don't think anyone will top this!"... Our wedding was spectacular and it would have been less than perfect had Southern Social Events not been the driving force behind our planning process and our perfect big day!

Mirta · Married on 08/06/2011

From the minute we signed on with Southern Social Events, I knew my daughter's wedding would be her "dream come true". Danielle, Mariana & their staff would not only plan by reading the looks on our faces but would bring to life what my daughter would imagine. A wedding like no other, is how I sum up what these women created, and yes, everyone is still talking about "the wedding"...we have not only had the pleasure of working with them but have established a relationship...we will be using Southern Social Events from now until...the next time...Mirta Guajardo (Mother of the Bride)

Crissy · Married on 06/11/2011

Well, the first tip I would give to those future brides would be to definately hire a wedding planner. Though, I had to learn the hard way when I practically had a nervous breakdown before I obviously figured that one out..lol. Anyways I walked in to the Wedding Center one day super stressed out looking for invitations and I walked out hiring a wedding planner. Her name is Danielle Furhman. She saved my life and made my wedding a true life dream. She helped me throughout the whole planning. She is definately a true professional. She always answered my questions, fixed my problems and always provided top of the line service. Hiring her and her staff was the best thing I ever did. It was a great experience working with them and made my beautiful wedding a memorable one.

Ashley · Married on 01/22/2011

Danielle came into our wedding very late in the game. We were having a small wedding and we didn't think we needed a wedding planner. Boy were we wrong. Danielle and her staff proved INVALUABLE as last minute things started to go wrong. I barely had to nod in her direction and she took care of everything even AFTER the wedding!! Our wedding was PERFECT and I am sure that it wouldn't have been if she hadn't been right behind me.

jacklyn · Married on 05/07/2011

Danielle & her team at Southern Social Events went up and beyond for us!!
    We're very thankful for all thier hard work and dedication. Our wedding day was amazing & stress free!!!

Martha · Married on 10/14/2017

3.0

The flower arrangements for my wedding were absolutely breathtaking. I was amazed at how beautiful everything was, it was exactly what I wanted. Mariana is very professional, flexible and knowlegeable in flowers and the latest trends. She did such a goid job on my throw bouquet that I ended up using it at my religious ceremony. Mariana is hard to get a hold of, however, which is my only complaint. This could hurt her business in the long run.

Southern Social Events 13
    Southern Social Events 14

Hayley · Married on 12/31/2011

Mariana at Southern Social events is so awsome to work with, she makes sure the day of the wedding you have no worries and all you have to do is get ready and enjoy the day!!!

• W

Wright · Married on 04/23/2011

We had a wonderful experience with Southern Social Events. Danielle made our wedding planning pleasant and the evening went perfectly. Thanks so much.

Jennifer · Married on 03/08/2014

We contracted Southern Social Events to create the vision we had for our wedding floral. I have to say whatever inspirational photo I showed her, her response was always, "Okay, we can do that." Never did Mariana ever tell me there was something they could not create.

Our wedding day floral was absolutely breathtaking. Everything from the ceremony flowers to our bouquets was just perfect! She saw my vision and ran with it!

We also hired Mariana for day of coordinating and I'm glad I did. Knowing me, I would've been running around like a chicken without a head, attempting to control everything, but that day I told myself, "I'm just going to enjoy this day!" And that's what I did.
    Mariana created a timeline and made sure we stuck to it! If anything went wrong the day of, I never got wind of it; it was handled. She also threw in a couple of extra touches that I appreciated! Overall, our event was a huge success!

Rosa · Married on 10/27/2018

1.0

Southern Social Events did not deliver what we ordered and paid for my daughter’s wedding.

Southern Social Events did not deliver what we ordered. The bridal bouquet we received, on the day of the wedding, was not what we ordered, and neither were the pillar swags, the bridal bouquet and bride’s maid’s bouquet did not match, the arbor looked half finished with only flowers at the top, and we received small coursages that looked like boutonniers for the lapel, instead of the wrist coursages that we orderered. I posted a couple of pictures for you to view. Also, Mariana blocked me from Facebook, so I wouldn’t rate her or write a review.

Southern Social Events 15
    Southern Social Events 16
    Southern Social Events 17
    Southern Social Events 18

Christina · Married on 11/12/2016

0.6
      0.5

Do not use Mariana or Southern Social for day-of coordinating services. They apparently devote all their time and attention to their more expensive clients, and treat their day-of clients as an afterthought. Mariana is nearly impossible to get in touch with, whether it's by phone, email, or text, unless she wants to ask about something she'll get paid extra for. She ended up charging my family over $1000 in unexpected costs that she sprung on us at the last minute. She will never provide a contract, invoice, or any kind of written cost agreement even if you ask for them. During the wedding, she kept asking me what we should do and when we should do it--I thought it was her job to tell me those things? And one of her assistants is downright rude to wedding guests.