Southern Smoke Foods Reviews

Southern Smoke Foods 2
  • Christine

Christine · Married on 08/03/2019

Yummy food and affordable

We needed to have a caterer who could provide hot food in a venue without a catering kitchen. Brian Stefan with his food truck was able to provide plentiful appetizers, entrees, wine and beer with a pleasant and professional staff. Many of the guests remarked about how delicious the food was. It was a pleasure to work with them and the prices were very reasonable. Highly recommended.

Sent on 08/16/2019

Nina · Married on 08/25/2018

Southern Smoke - Excellent food & Service

We love Southern Smoke! They were the perfect caterer for our wedding. The menu is broad and the food is delicious. Brian was very responsive and was both laid back and reliable, a unique combo which made working with him fun and easy. Our guests of about 115 people loved the food which included dinner, apps and non-alcoholic beverages. The set up was attractive and labelled nicely. We had a number of guests with specific food preferences that Brian accommodated easily. I would highly recommend Southern Smoke for any event. Thank you Southern Smoke team!

Sent on 03/07/2019
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 09/23/2017

OUR FOOD WAS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!! Every guest we talked with raved about how delicious the food was and after my first bite, I refused to leave my seat until my entire plate was finished. Brian was extremely easy to work with and even met us in the middle of a snow storm with 2+ feet of snow on the roads for our taste testing because our weekends were so booked that we couldn't move it. I cannot recommend Brian and his team enough!

Sent on 09/26/2017
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 08/12/2017

Brian did a fantastic job at our wedding. He was a pleasure to work with from start to finish. He coordinated a tasting with my parents (who live in the area) before we hired him, and then he was extremely helpful and responsive throughout the planning process. His menu selections are diverse, and everything he made was delicious. We got so many compliments on the food from our guests. He provided great vegetarian options as well. Working with Brian was completely stress-free, and we are so happy we went with him for our wedding. He even coordinated late-night snacks for after the reception - which was perfect after an evening of dancing.

Southern Smoke Foods 3
    Sent on 10/03/2017
  • Mer

Meredith · Married on 09/24/2016

The food at our wedding was raved about by every guest we talked to and once we finally got a chance to try it, we understood why. Brian did a great job and was very flexible and easy to work with. The food was amazing! The pulled pork with pickles and roasted veggies was my personal favorite. It was great to have laid back comfort food after such a busy day.

Sent on 09/28/2016

Mike · Married on 09/04/2016

Brian is awesome and his food rocks, we'd go with him again in a heartbeat. Our wedding guests gave him rave reviews.

Sent on 02/14/2017

Brooke · Married on 06/25/2016

Brian at Southern Smoke catered the rehearsal dinner for our wedding. He was very easy to work with, and the food he provided was delicious and affordable. Our guests were very pleased by the variety of food offered, and he even made the vegans happy with eggplant and mushroom barbecue options. He was very accommodating, and we recommend him highly!

Sent on 07/29/2016

Sophia · Married on 06/18/2016

Brian was great to work with! He did a taco bar plus a couple appetizers for our wedding, and was happy to make adjustments and additions based on what we had in mind. He was so easy to work with that day, and even dealt with our dog who was underfoot the whole time. The food was outstanding and we had so many people rave about it weeks later (even our friend from Austin, TX!). Would highly recommend!

Sent on 02/09/2017

Emily · Married on 09/22/2018

Brian and his team recently catered our wedding and did a great job. The food was delicious, the price was right, and he was great to work with. We got a lot of feedback about how delicious the food was. When we ran out of pulled pork (buffets are always gamble) they were able to cook up some ribs for the last table to make sure everyone was happy. Throughout the process Brian was available to meet us when we were in town (which was only a few times because we live across the country) and he was so flexible when we had to change up the final number only a week before when some guests back down. The food truck at the wedding was also a great touch! I would highly recommend Brian and his team!

Southern Smoke Foods 4
    Sent on 10/14/2018

Charlie · Married on 06/28/2014

We had pulled pork and chicken along with veggies and sides and a variety of appetizers at our wedding. The food was delicious and very affordable compared to other local options. Everyone enjoyed the food. Brian was great to work with and responsive by email (big plus for us!). Would definitely recommend!

Sent on 07/20/2014
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 05/21/2016

3.0

People have not stop talking about how amazing the food was! B was affordable, professional and flexible. They even fulfilled my request for deep fried oreos for dessert!

Sent on 06/06/2016

Jake · Married on 07/03/2017

4.2
      3.5

Southern Smoke has some great BBQ options. They pick local and in-season foods and coordinate with you to accommodate almost any request (within reason).

Sent on 03/01/2018

Maureen Eames · Married on 10/14/2018

2.0
      2.0

A bit dissapointed

While emailing with Brain about pricing, menus, tastings, etc. he was such a nice guy. I remember telling my fiancé (now husband) that I REALLY hoped his food was good because he seemed like such a nice guy. Well, we tried some of his food (not what was served at the wedding, but it gave us an idea of what he could do), and it was amazingly good. So, we were sold on hiring him.

Brian and I emailed back and forth about details prior to the wedding. One of my concerns was having someone cut my cake and put it on plates that my guests could then come up and get themselves. He said that wouldn't be a problem. I also emailed him, along with all of the other vendors, an updated schedule for the wedding. The schedule included what time food would be served given the photography, band, etc. scheduling needs.

The day of the wedding Brian apparently forgot, or disregarded, the email I had sent with the updated schedule. The band leader came up to me to tell me that there was an issue with the caterer needing to bring out the food early. Then one of his servers came up to me and said that I had said it would be at the time that Brian was ready for, not the later time. That was not the case, since I did send him the revised schedule. I said we would just roll with it since nothing could really be done about it at that point. I had other things to worry about.

After dinner, and the cake cutting, the cake had not been cut up or plated. My maid of honor asked Brian's crew what was going on. They asked Brian, and he told them that cutting it up and plating it "wasn't part of the deal". It was, actually, and I have an email from Brian to prove that. My maid of honor said that obviously there was a miscommunication and asked what could be done. She was given paper plates for the cake. My maid of honor and her mother ended up cutting and plating the cake!

It was really a bummer after I had raved to my friends and family about what a nice guy he seemed like to have him respond in that way. I was never anything but kind to him, so it not only was frustrating, but it hurt my feelings as well. Needless to say, I was a bit dissatisfied with Southern Smoke Foods.

Sent on 12/12/2018