Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

31 Reviews for Southern Graces Catering & Planning

Lactose Free (1)
No Pork (1)
Open Bar (1)
30 Southern Graces Catering & Planning Reviews

Bethany and Chris provide a one of a kind experience that will definitely go beyond all your expectations. Chris is the best chef and Bethany basically does the rest. They handle it all! The decorations are so beautiful and the food is amazing. I highly recommend them for your wedding or any event you might have.

Profile Picture Melody, 11/17/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Southern, Buffet, Cake, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Bartender(s), Signature Drink

Crystal did a spectacular job throughout everything. She was on the ball with food, decor, and kept a very positive attitude throughout the entire process despite having to work pretty much exclusively through emails and phone calls (it was a destination). The wedding went very smoothly and everything we tried out during the food tasting was replicated to a T on wedding day. We were both very pleased with everything as well as all of our guests. Most of them traveled 10 hours plus and it was good to see a quality product delivered that nobody will forget.

Would highly recommend Southern Graces and would request Crystal as my wedding planner if I had to do it all over again. She was awesome!

Profile Picture Nina, 9/1/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Southern Graces made our day PERFECT! We did not have to worry about a thing and we loved only having to communicate with one person as the wedding became closer and closer! They did our rehearsal dinner as well and it was ALL PERFECT! And not to mention delicious!

Profile Picture Caitlyn, 8/18/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Hors d'oeuvres, Stations, Tastings, Bartender(s)

Southern Graces was our dream come true for a wedding planner.
As soon as the venue was chosen, we chose our wedding planner. My daughter had seen photos of weddings Southern Graces had done and thankfully, Bethany was free on her wedding date. After our first phone conversation, I knew we had made the right choice.
We met one time early into the process so I could tell Bethany what my daughter wanted (and what she did not want). I texted photos whenever my daughter saw something she liked. Bethany listened to everything my daughter wished for and made it happen.
As an added bonus, we went to Beaufort for our food tasting. It was by far one of the best gastronomic days of our lives.
As vendors were chosen, I would send Bethany their contact information and that was all I had to do. She coordinated everything with them for the wedding.
We communicated best through email or texting. After seeing Bethany in action and seeing her devotion to my daughter’s wedding day, I understand why sometimes it took a bit of time getting back to me.
The wedding day was magnificent. The way Bethany pulled everything together was breathtaking. What a wonderful experience we had. Bethany and her incredible team went above and beyond anything we could have ever imagined. I had to do absolutely nothing. Bethany took care of everything – every last single detail, details I would have never thought of.
The wedding, cocktail hour and reception were exquisite. Bethany did everything – flowers, food, tent, furniture, decorations, plates, wedding cake, food…did I mention the food? Her husband is the chef. OMG. Incredible! We had 200 guests and every one of them could not believe how wonderful the food was. And the way the food was displayed? Off the chain!
Bethany and her team at Southern Graces were a delight to work with. I kind of wish I had another daughter so I could hire her to do another wedding. Bethany, thank you. I cannot imagine an

Profile Picture Carole, 4/29/18, 1 Review
4.7

We used Southern Graces for almost all of our wedding needs: catering, beverage service (we provided alcohol), day-of planning, florals, rentals, cake and event design. The initial proposal blew us away. The level of detail, connection to my Pinterest ideas/vision, and organization is what sold me. It was also extremely convenient and cost-effective to have so many of our services through one company. We had a year and a half engagement and we booked Southern Graces about a year out from the wedding, so I will say candidly that we had to get on the same page communication-wise. I expected more prompt communication/turnaround early on, but I do realize now that Southern Graces (and other wedding planning/event management companies) have to prioritize their events based on which ones are in the immediate future. Once Bethany and I found what worked for us (i.e. texting was better than email; both being clear on schedule of deliverables; setting up calls a month out, and realizing there was a good six month lag time with a long engagement when there is really nothing to do) we were very content. As we got closer to the wedding (a month out), I really started to feel more at ease. Bethany and team had great insight and advice when last minute things came up. What really blew us a way was the day-of service. Bethany and her team were absolutely incredible. From the rehearsal onwards, everything we needed was taken care of. This is where Southern Graces shines. You can tell they are experts in event design and management. When we walked into our wedding finally, everything exceeded our expectations from the florals and event design to the delicious food and cocktails. I never had to think about what was coming next, Bethany and her team led us through it all with ease. Our wedding was absolutely perfect and we cannot recommend Southern Graces highly enough.

Profile Picture Charlotte, 12/30/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Local, Southern, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Outside Alcohol, Signature Drink, Cake, Cake Cutting, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Tastings
3.0

Southern Graces catered our wedding.

Profile Picture User6793044, Recently Married, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Lactose Free, No Pork, Vegetarian, Cake, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, American

Southern Graces was incredible!! They went above and beyond for us and we cannot thank them enough!! Bethany, Chris, Crystal and the whole crew were amazing. All of our guests raved about the food and setup and people are still talking about it. They met all of our needs and they did everything that I asked and set up all of my own decorations that I wanted. I would recommend them to anyone!! They are AMAZING!

Profile Picture Janna, 9/23/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Wedding Planning

The food was amazing, and we continued to get raves days after our wedding. The presentation was also beautiful. I absolutely loved their vintage plates. We also had the privilege of getting to stay at the Beaufort Inn and do our tasting several months back. That experience was truly wonderful and gave us the opportunity to fine tune our menu. Sometimes it was difficult to get a response immediately for Bethany, however I recognize that they are incredibly busy. Once Crystal was also brought on, we were able to get questions and concerns addressed quickly. Every change and tweak we asked for, we received, no questions. It was a wonderful experience working with them.

Profile Picture Stephanie , 5/26/17, 2 Reviews
1.2

Absolutely terrible customer service for mediocre food at best. I am disappointed in myself that I chose them to cater our wedding. I planned our Savannah wedding while living in Los Angeles. I corresponded with all of my other vendors through email for majority of the planning due to the time change and my work schedule. Southern Graces often did not respond to emails for days at time or until I sent an additional email. Wedding planning is stressful as is. Living on the opposite coast makes it even more challenging. At the end of our reception we paid for late night snacks to be passed as guests prepared to board the trolleys back to Savannah. I have a huge sweet tooth and loved the idea of milk and cookies being passed as the reception concluded. Of course my husband and I were busy at the end of the reception and didn't even realize that the snacks weren't passed. Once home, we called and texted many of our friends and family to inquire if they were offered milk and cookies. We especially reached out to our pregnant friends since they were obviously sober and would have loved the late night snacks. LOL! But none of them even saw servers passing them. My husband reached out to Southern Graces twice by phone. He was assured that Bethany would follow up with the servers and call him back. Five weeks passed and he didn't hear from anyone at Southern Graces. I emailed Bethany and Kirstin about the situation. A week later, I still didn't have a reply from either person. So I emailed once more, stating that I will be mentioning the issue in my review. Sure enough I had a reply within an hour. I found all of my wedding vendors, with the exception of Southern Graces, after checking reviews. The initial wedding coordinator I met at my venue is who suggested Southern Graces. For brides considering Southern Graces, I would strongly suggest using a different caterer. Afterall, the food was far short of spectular.

Profile Picture Nicole, 5/13/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Server(s), American

We used Southern Graces for our wedding in Savannah. We utilized their catering, floral, cake, and some decorating services. Everything was beautiful for our special day! The food and desserts were delicious, and our guests were raving! Although we provided our own centerpieces, SG came behind us and filled in the empty spots with greenery and candles which was perfect! Our only issues were with communication during the planning process. We requested changes to our proposal at the beginning, but when we went to the tasting and planning session, none of the changes were made so we didn't actually try any of the food that would be there or see any examples of what we wanted. But I trusted them because what we did see was great! There were quite a few emails that went unanswered, but about a month out from the wedding communication was great. We had a couple snafus on the wedding day but they were handled professionally and quickly. We appreciate everything Crystal and Bethany did for us and we definitely would recommend them!

Profile Picture Ashley, 4/9/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Cake

We have worked with Southern Graces on over 10 events. Each time is different. The food is always delicous and presented beautifully. The decor is amazing.
However, what really sets this group apart is how special they make your guests feel. The service is above and beyond anything I have ever experienced. If you really want an amazing day, call Southern Graces.

Profile Picture Chris , 4/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
4.1

Communication was an issue. It was very difficult to get a hold of Bethany when I needed to. Even though there were guidelines set at the beginning of the planning process that we would connect once a month, that didn't actually happen. They do beautiful work, however not everything came out as expected because of miscommunication. My cake was not exactly what I wanted because there was clearly a missed email. They do this for a living, so at the end of the day, it all comes together fabulously. The attention to detail was superb, and the assistance all day of the wedding was unlike anything I've seen. They brought food to the house while getting hair/makeup done in the morning, and once we arrived at our venue, it was nonstop excellent service - always checking on me and sticking with the groom and I during the whole wedding to get us whatever we needed. I'm still getting comments from guests about how it was the most beautiful wedding they've ever been to. I highly recommend them, just be stern with communication.

Profile Picture N, 3/18/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Favors & Gifts, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
4.7

We booked Southern Graces as the caterer for our wedding and couldn't have been happier. The food was out of this world, and we got so many compliments on it from our guests. Bethany and Crystal were very easy to work with--I gave them our budget and they put together a menu that was perfect. The majority of our guests were from up north, so being able to serve them delicious, gourmet southern food was a real treat. I feel like anyone can have chicken or steak at a wedding, but having chicken & waffles, shrimp & grits, and Cheerwine BBQ really makes your food stand out! I couldn't recommend them enough!

Profile Picture Emily, 3/11/17, 10 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Southern, Vegetarian, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Tastings
3.8

Southern Graces puts on beautiful and fantastic events. They did our wedding flowers, cake, catering, bar servers, decorations, event rentals, day of management. It is nice to have so many vendors bundled together for one good price. The staff was very friendly and helpful and even brought us snacks when we were getting ready in the bridal room. My one complaint is lack of communication during the planning phase. We were working with them from October through March and had consistent communication problems during the planing with email and phone communication. The end result of the event was fabulous though and well worth the price.

Profile Picture Andrea, 3/11/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Outside Alcohol, American, Southern, Cake, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Stations, Tastings

Southern Graces made our wedding beautiful and set me at ease! Bethany and Kirsten were wonderful to know how to guide us through the planning and our wedding day was more than I could have hoped for!

Profile Picture Lauren , 5/21/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I live in North Carolina, but we are both from the midwest. We decided that we wanted to have a southern wedding, and we knew we couldn't do it on our own. That's when we found Southern Graces. I first spoke with Samantha and gave her my "vision" for our wedding, and I knew she really listened to everything I had said when we received the detailed proposal for our wedding. Of course, the initial proposal underwent some changes, but the level of attentiveness was clear immediately. On our first conference call, I provided Samantha and Bethany with a wedding presentation with my ideas because, although I knew exactly what I wanted, I was no good at describing it. After the first call, there was hardly a thing that needed said because Bethany just knew exactly what to do.

To say that I had the most beautiful wedding I could have dreamed of is an understatement. Everything was perfect. No detail was spared. The service staff was absolutely out of this world. The food was incredible. The hanging flowers and draped linens in the clear top tent were breathtaking - the glamorous tablescapes with my painted wine bottle vases and candelabras were just perfectly displayed. I had imagined a glamorous, romantic garden wedding and Bethany's design surpassed my wildest imagination. I honestly don't know how a bride does it without a planner, but even then, I don't know how they do it without Bethany!

If you are having a wedding in or around Beaufort, SC, there is no one better than Southern Graces (Bethany) to help make your dreams come true.

Profile Picture Brandi, 4/23/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This was not a wedding, but a marketing event . However, we have a wedding booked with them in January for my daughter. To see the venue decorated with beautiful lighting, be able to sample the delicious food, and marvel over the presentation of the really set me at ease. The space is small and intimate, but yet seemed so large because there was room for all. It makes the wedding seem very real now, and my excitement is growing!

Profile Picture Mary, 1/2/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Cake
4.7

I sent this email the evening after my daughter's wedding reception at Soiree:

Bethany and Samantha,

THANK YOU!

What an exceptional event you provided for us last night. Soiree looked
so stunning, it was magical. Simply magical. Rhiannon was very happy to
see everything as she had envisioned. Her guests were captivated by the
charm of the brick walls and lights and lanterns and spanish moss.

The food was delicious. Both my daughters want the potato recipe! I loved
the outdoor area, the settee and chairs were charming. Inside, the
lanterns looked fantastic and the wall of lights was stunning, especially
with the mirrored chest and antique mirror on display, and the filmy
panel hanging over the lights. The table foliage was beautiful, and the
place settings perfect. You are so creative.

Kudos to your wait staff and bartenders for being so pleasant and
helpful. And for checking with me so frequently if all was well. It
couldn¹t have been better.

I cannot wait to see the photos. I can¹t imagine any other event being
more beautiful.

Profile Picture User6148909, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We loved using Southern Graces for our wedding! We actually went to a friends wedding that they had done a year earlier and were so blown away that we signed on with them to do ours. Samantha and Bethany have everything down to a science and even if I didn't hear from them for awhile, I was completely comfortable knowing that they had it under control. The monthly calls were very helpful just to touch base and we got to go to beautiful Beaufort, SC for our tasting which was absolutely fabulous. We felt like a King and Queen! Chef Chris is extremely talented and we were so happy with the food they provided for the tasting and the reception. The weekend of the wedding was great as well. They assisted us with a brief rehearsal and made me feel at ease knowing they were handling anything that came up. We were fortunate enough to have the bridal party get ready at our location (The Charles H. Morris Center) and Southern Graces provided all of us breakfast and lunch while we got ready. They nailed every single detail and even though I had a pretty clear picture in my head of what I wanted, they went above and beyond and delivered a product that I could only dream of. My wedding would not have been a fraction of what it was without them. All of our guests were extremely complimentary of the decor and the food and the service their staff provided during the reception was top notch. We even had our own personal server that made sure we had whatever we needed. They also did all of the clean up for us and coordinated for our bags to be brought to the hotel we were staying at and surprised us with plates of food since they knew we didn't eat as much as we liked during the reception. I absolutely loved working with everyone at Southern Graces and would recommend them in a heartbeat to anyone planning an event.

Profile Picture Leah, 11/15/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Southern Graces did a wonderful job for both our rehearsal dinner/welcome party and wedding day. We did not go with the wedding planner option, but it was still easy to coordinate everything with them. They provided our catering, rentals, and all floral/decoration needs, which made the planning process much easier since we did not have to coordinate numerous for the same event. During the year of planning, Southern Graces was helpful in providing all the details, but there were a few times when many days or a few weeks would go by without response. Our rehearsal dinner/welcome party went off beautifully, food was good, service was excellent, and our guests had a wonderful time. Food was good, service was excellent, and our guests had an absolute blast at both the rehearsal and welcome party.
Food at the rehearsal overall was good, with some minor complaints including mealy shrimp, and lack of salt in the mac n cheese. Service was great, bartenders were wonderful, and decoration/florals were beautiful.
Overall Southern Graces did a wonderful job for our rehearsal dinner and welcome party. My husband and I had a wonderful time and our guests had a blast. I would recommend Southern Graces for your wedding needs in Beaufort, SC!

Profile Picture caraline, 10/24/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I adore Bethany and her team. We hired Southern Graces as our florist and dessert team. Bethany quickly understood my daughter's inarticulate vision for her wedding day, and boy, she delivered! As both my daughter and I both live over hundreds of miles away, we relied heavily on Bethany as our eyes for making the venue beautiful. I credit Bethany and her incredible talent for detail for making my daughter's wedding gorgeous. Her flowers and arrangements were out of this world. We are still receiving compliments on her work. The dessert bar was a huge hit with our guests! My only regret is that I did not meet Bethany sooner to help with my other children's weddings!

Profile Picture Rhonda, 10/24/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We were invited to a party at the soiree and were very pleased with the setting and the fabulous food. I would highly recommend Bethany. She was extremely cordial and pleasant. All the servers were so pleasant and present. The duck was wonderful. The butternut squash soup was to die for.

Profile Picture Diana, 10/18/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Southern Graces far exceeded our expectations!! The food was outstanding--which was a major requirement for us. I wanted our guests to thoroughly enjoy their experience--and they did!! The folks working our wedding were super friendly, beyond helpf and genuinely happy for us. Southern Graces did a wonderful job!

Profile Picture Jen, 10/10/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

We used Southern Graces for our September wedding at the Beaufort Inn and could not have been happier with the way everything turned out! Every creative detail, including the flowers, centerpieces, and overall décor of the wedding exceeded my expectations. All of the food was amazing and we received many comments from guests that it was the best food they have ever had at a wedding. Southern Graces made the process of planning a wedding easy and stress free!

Profile Picture Karen, 9/19/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We are from Alabama planning a wedding in South Carolina! Everyone at Southern Graces went above and beyond to make our wedding reception everything my daughter wanted it to be. Decorations were perfect and food was delicious! Thanks to all of you at Southern Graces!

Profile Picture Nancy, 8/8/15, 2 Reviews