Southern Exchange Ballrooms Reviews

9 Reviews for Southern Exchange Ballrooms

• Carolina

Carolina Sanchez · Getting married on 02/21/2021

Bridal extravaganza of Atlanta

Just visited this location for a bridal expo, and it's breathtaking. The only deal breaker for me would be parking, since their doing construction around the area, but you can always have valet.

Sent on 08/12/2019

Ashley · Married on 05/12/2018

We used the Grant Loft for a Gala event. The room was beautiful! It brought a great ambiance to the event. The location of the DJ, bar, and catering tables were perfect and there was still plenty of room for tables, dancing, and mingling. The hallway was perfect for entrance tables and anything else we wanted displayed. Guests were really comfortable coming in and out of the room. The venue location through the sky-walk was wonderful and convenient. Their customer service was absolutely amazing. Any question I had was quickly answered and everything was extremely organized! I strongly recommend the Southern Exchange Ballrooms for any event!!

Sent on 05/15/2018

laxmi · Married on 10/14/2017

Venue was very good with elegant chandeliers. There was a lighting and DJ company I used 'ByteGraph' - please don't use them. They can ruin the event.
    Initially young people were assigned to us and they are not RELIABLE. But later Kim Blake and Jessie took over and they did a wonderful job.

Sent on 06/05/2018

Julie · Married on 01/09/2016

It was stunning. The venue is the part that made my wedding day so beautiful. Understated, beautiful floral arrangements added to the beauty.

The food was the best wedding food I ever had (and I ate it the day after).
    The space was absolutely magnificent.
    The place made my wedding a STUNNING event.

my dreams came true at 200 peachtree ...

Sent on 02/05/2016
  • O

Omoye Osehobo · Married on 02/23/2019

Beautiful Venue

It's just so beautiful. We had our ceremony and reception at Southern Exchange. The space is just so naturally beautiful that just a few decorative items are required to personalize it. I loved having my wedding in the heart of downtown Atlanta and would do it all over again at this venue.

Sent on 02/25/2019

TaNekka · Married on 07/07/2017

Rebecca and Kim are absolutely amazing! They went above and beyond to make sure that my day was flawless. Kim even stood with me before I walked down the aisle and held my train so it wouldn't get dirty on the freight elevator. I actually changed venues in the early stages of wedding planning and because of them I am definitely glad I did! I cannot thank them enough!

Sent on 08/04/2017

Southern Exchange Ballrooms's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, TaNekka! It was a pleasure working with you up to and throughout your wedding day. Thank you for choosing us to host your wedding. We wish you a lifetime of happiness and love!
  • Brittani

Brittani · Married on 11/24/2018

Great Place

The venue was beautiful. Everything did have to be brought in from an outsource vendor but gave lots of room for creativity and creating my event the way I wanted it. We worked with Amanda who was awesome. Extremely responsive and made our vision come true completely. Amanda was great at making every request happen, even when we changed things the night of the rehearsal.

Sent on 11/27/2018

Southern Exchange Ballrooms's reply:

Thank you so much, Brittani! We love to be a glamorous blank canvas so that each wedding can be unique and magical for each individual couple. We will make sure Amanda reads your compliments and we are honored to have been a part of your special day. Congratulations again!

reina · Married on 08/26/2017

3.4
      3.5
      2.5
      3.0

Venue was used for cocktail hour & reception. Beautiful, Spacious, well equipped.

Needs paint & it appeared to be in process, however, not complete by the event. The portion completed, had patchy shades.
    The venue cost itself seemed less expensive at first, however, the line item's add up, it is costly. EVERYTHING must be in writing or it will not be honored, even if the rep said it was normal part of all events. The reps promise the moon to get the contract signed & deposit.

During cocktail hour someone was flickering the lights on and off. Bar tenders wanting guests to pay more tips after I was precharged a 22% gratuity.... They promote the bride/groom names on ticker sign outside, it was up for a very short time, it was more promos the bride/grooms names(they didn't tell us that).

My biggest complaint is truly the lack of creativity when it came to setup. It seem like that person just didn't care. The placing of the cake, next to the front door, she stated, it would look fine. It looked awful, with the exit sign behind every pic, just like I said it would. To them it was just another wedding, whatever, pay them, was how it felt.

They responded, they were professional, they were polite.... However..... they really did not work to help make the wedding special, perfect, the way it should be. Giving decor ideas, creative table placement etc., so very disappointing. Every answer seemed to be no we can't do that... the only choices were preset whether or not they worked. We met 3 times, and every time she was in a hurry to leave.

Southern Exchange, beautiful Venue... needs people who want to work with brides and mothers of brides, people with decor vision and enjoy what they do. Finish the paint job, charge top dollar, but hire top talent too. Rebecca Day was wonderful, this was zero reflection on her, she would be the only one I would recommend working with if choosing this venue.

Sent on 11/03/2017
  • siera

siera · Married on 04/09/2016

1.2
      2.0
      1.0

I am writing this review almost one year post wedding - which was much needed after everything that we went through with this venue. The space don't get me wrong is something I've always dreamed up - but working with this venue was a NIGHTMARE. It started off by the fact that we signed a contract with 200 Peachtree only to be told 1 month post that our contact (and the entire venue) was under new management. Not communicative (had to threaten to just show up to get an answer). Venue rep was horrible (rude and not bright). BEWARE: not only is everything an upsell - they try to spring it on you by making it seem like it's included. Due to the management switch - we were told we could only use Bold despite the fact that our original venue contact told us we could use any caterer. Bold was 3x the price of our preferred caterer. After a long fought battle (we're talking 6 months of back and forth) we won out - but our caterer told us post-event they were difficult to work with in the kitchen. Night before our wedding, our wedding planner gets a call that evening saying our venue called and the bar will be closing at 8:30pm vs 9:30pm as planned because they said we never said 9:30. Everyone had 9:30 even the venue rep's assistant but they said we owed more money. LIVID doesn't even begin to describe my dad who refused to pay. The venue rep didn't show up at our wedding until 8:30pm & even told us she just arrived - my mom was cleaning broken glass off the floor and spills because no one was there to do it. It was just sad. If you want a headache - use this venue. I could give a laundry list of rude, unprofessional & difficult things the people working this venue did and they're aware of our unhappiness.

Sent on 03/14/2017