91 Reviews for Southern Events Party Rental & Vintage Prop Shoppe

Centerpieces (3)
Altar/Arch (2)
Dance Floor (2)
90 Southern Events Party Rental & Vintage Prop Shoppe Reviews

Southern Events was a pleasure to work with. Kristina was prompt to reply, answered any questions I had, and didn't bat an eye at the many changes I made to my order. They delivered all ordered items on time, assisted in the flip of the room between the ceremony and reception, and came back for pickup on time. I would recommend them to any bride needing rentals as they have a great selection and inventory!

Profile Picture samantha, 3/17/18, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Linens, Tables, Delivery, Setup

Ask for Summer! She did a fabulous job keeping both the reception rentals and rehearsal dinner rentals completely organized even with my constant updates. Southern Events staff are very professional and responsive to your needs and requests. The table settings at both the casual rehearsal dinner bbq and the formal dinner at the reception were gorgeous. Delivery and pickup were efficient and convenient.

Profile Picture Joan, 10/21/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Party Supplies

Southern Events and especially Christina were awesome to work with!

Profile Picture Jamie, 10/20/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

I loved working with southern events for my rentals! We were able to meet with them and look at everything they offer to decide what would work best for my wedding. They were great to work with!

Profile Picture Meg, 10/14/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Linens, Delivery, Setup, Chairs, Vases
4.7

I loved working with Southern Events, They have very cute items plus a huge variety to choose from. At times hearing back to an email would take a couple of day, but that is to be expected, I am not their only client! They were extremely flexible and helpful with giving me ideas but also helping to give me an idea of what I would need.

Profile Picture Katie, 9/30/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Linens, Tables, Delivery, Setup, Showroom

My husband and I planned our wedding in Columbia from Michigan. Working with Kristina at Southern Events was a delight. I never doubted that everything would be taken care of. We rented months in advance and Kristina was even able to send me photos of all the rentals setup for me to get a feel of what it would look like on wedding day. There was a small issue a few days before the wedding but Kristina called me and made everything work out perfectly. Would use Southern Events in a heartbeat!

Profile Picture Christina, 7/22/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Chairs, Tables
1.5

I hate having to write this review, but this vendor was the only vendor I could use with my venue and the experience was miserable. If you have a choice - I would suggest going anywhere else.
I worked with Summer Sheldon; full details of my complaints do not fit in the space allowed, so here are some of the things that happened in our first meeting:
-I had a budget and needed to make decisions accordingly. I asked Summer if we could start with the bare min reqs and work up from there. She was visibly frustrated with this and kept showing me things that felt unnecessary. I would gently direct her back to the basics but not without a receiving comment/eye roll/heavy sigh
-Summer asked if I had reviewed the website. When I told her I had, but I wasn’t able to decide and think it would be helpful to review together… she went in great detail (with attitude) about how they had just revamped their website and it is very user friendly and I should not have issues. When I restated the deciding factor for all my decisions is price and since the prices are not on the website, I didn’t want to fall in love with something that I cannot afford. She then [very rudely] explained that they can’t put pricing on the website because competitors. I agreed and circled back to suggesting we look at the website together.
-Pricing came up (again) and Summer made the comment “it’s funny… a bride concerned with pricing while wearing her Tory Burch flats.” I was MIND. BLOWN. I mentioned that I in fact purchased them… used… 10+ years ago…. For $60. She then tried to brush it off and say “I was just kidding." At that point I was done.
-Other comments were made about how my venue was expensive... on and on it went.

I was too nervous to say anything prior to the wedding because I didn't want my order to be compromised as a result of a complaint. I can't say much about the actual vendor, as all my interactions were conducted with this one person.

Profile Picture Sarah, 5/6/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

Our wedding decor looked absolutely amazing thanks to Southern Events! Their website was so easy to use and they were even easier to work with. Kristina Brothers was amazing at answering all of my stupid questions and changing things on the order for me for what seemed like a million times! She also was very quick to get back to me on everything. Everything arrived on time and absolutely beautiful. I would recommend Southern Events to anyone!

Profile Picture Valen, 4/8/17, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Dance Floor, Decor, Vases, Delivery, Setup, Showroom, Linens

Souther Events was very easy to work with. We rented a dance floor from them and it all went smoothly. My only comment is to find out about the price up front. While I don't think we could have found it for much cheaper, there were a lot of additional fees/surcharges associated with when it would be delivered and when it needed to be picked up. Our venue had some stipulations on pick up times, which made the price much more than we originally budgeted for based on the quote.

Profile Picture User6430972, 1+ year ago, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Dance Floor, Delivery, Setup

My advice for anyone getting married is, BOOK WITH SOUTHERN EVENTS!

My fiance and I planned our entire wedding out of state and Heather over at Southern Events was on our order(s) very quickly. As many of you know, planning a wedding has hiccups and multiple changes along the way. Every time I emailed Heather I had a response within 24 hours. She offered advice and was beyond patient with us. She took so much time with us to make sure our special day was perfect. They delivered when they said they would and had the delivery truck there on time to pick everything up at the end of the night. The products were exactly as depicted in photos, if not better.

Thank you all for your assistance and professionalism.

Profile Picture Stefani, 10/6/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths
Services Used: Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Delivery, Setup, Showroom, Altar/Arch, Lounge Furniture, Tables

This company was great to work with! It was so easy picking out everything we wanted to rent and they delivered the day before our wedding which made everything so easy!

Profile Picture KATIE, 9/24/16, 4 Reviews
1.9

I hate to leave not a fantastic review but this vendor was the one I was least impressed with on our wedding day. Not only were they over an hour late to set up - which then set back our decorating/floral arrangements/etc for that long - but we ordered 300 chairs....and they only set up 200 then left. So, 100 of our guests had to stand during our ceremony. Luckily no one seemed to mind, but it was embarrassing I must say. They were very apologetic about both instances + refunded us the money for the missing 100 chairs, but still, not something I'd want to happen on such an important day.

Profile Picture Megan, 9/24/16, 2 Reviews
0.5

I would give them a negative score. Had such a horrible experience from start to finish. Staff was very unprofessional and not helpful at all. Our venue made us use them or we would have gone with another company for our wedding reception They ruined our decorations and basically told us we were liars. We emailed the owner just expecting an apology and got even more indifference and poor customer service. I would never use them or recommend this company.

Profile Picture Jenny, 7/23/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Delivery, Setup, Chairs, Tables

The biggest lesson I learned in planning my wedding was through booking my chairs, tables, silverware, dishes etc. I contacted Southern Events about 10 months prior to my wedding and so much changed in the time period from booking to the actual wedding day, I probably had my invoices changed at least 10 times but Aimee was amazing and made the whole process so easy! She worked well with the requests of myself and my coordinator and made everything just so easy! The final look of everything on the actual day was perfect and the staff members were completely professional and courteous! Such a delight to work with.

Profile Picture Meagan, 5/14/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Delivery, Setup, Showroom, Chairs, Tables

They have great options, and the staff is super helpful. One thing that was frustrating was they wanted, 3 days before the wedding, to add on a charge for late night pick up - so just be sure to address this issue in your first meeting. They worked something out with my planner and we didn't have to deal with any unexpected changes, so in the end i was very happy.

Profile Picture Marit, 5/7/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths
Services Used: Chairs, Tables, Delivery, Setup, Showroom, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

They were great to deal with and very responsive.

Profile Picture User5459527, 2+ years ago, 15 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

I was having a small wedding on a small budget. I was providing everything I needed for the wedding and reception myself, except the chairs. I needed 36 chairs delivered and set up by 8:00 a.m. and broken down and removed by noon on the Saturday of my wedding. Three other vendors on Wedding Wire (Liberty, Maryblossom, and Music City Tents) were going to charge hundreds of dollars extra to deliver by 8:00 a.m. and pick up by noon because it was outside their Saturday warehouse hours of 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. (Imagine party rental places that don't do Saturdays!) And Liberty would have charged the same amount even if I had found a way to either pick up or return the chairs myself and Liberty had done the other. Two of them (Maryblossoms and Music City Tents) had a minimum rental/purchase of more than $1,000!

But then I found Southern Events. Southern Events did not require a minimum rental. The coordinator, Aimee Eisenmenger, was responsive and very helpful. The men who delivered and picked up the chairs were quick and very friendly. They set the chairs up and took them down without any commotion. The chairs were clean and in great condition. I'd recommend Southern Events for anyone who wants a stress-free wedding/reception and doesn't want to spend an arm and a leg.

Profile Picture Sheila, 4/16/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Delivery, Setup, Chairs

Our wedding looked amazing thanks to Southern Events! I loved being able to see everything that was available online and we had a great time at our consultation getting to pick and see all of the rental items to choose from in person. We also took a tour of the warehouse and picked out the vintage door and farm tables-it was a lot of fun and Summer was very easy to work with. I probably emailed and called 10 times to update something to our invoice and they were very kind and quick to help! The day of the rentals arrived on time and their team set everything up exactly where we wanted it!

We loved how everything turned out!

Profile Picture User4853557, 2+ years ago, 10 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths
Services Used: Delivery, Setup, Showroom, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Chairs, Decor, Tables

Southern Events was great to work with and was super easy, too! Heather was our contact and she was not only sweet, but super creative and understood exactly the "look" we were going for at our wedding! When our guest list changed at the last minute, they were super flexible! They coordinated with our venue to do all of the load in and removal of tables and chairs and everything went incredibly smooth! Can't thank you all enough and I won't stray from them when we need party rentals!

Profile Picture User5468585, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Chairs, Tables, Trinkets, Delivery, Setup, Linens

Southern Events is a great place to rent nearly anything, from chairs and tables, to linens, flatware and various decor. We rented almost everything through Southern Events except for our tent. Everything was lovely and really met the vision that I had for our wedding day. A shout out to Aimee who was very helpful when we were selecting our linens, flatware, glasses and decor. We are still getting compliments on how beautiful everything was!

Profile Picture Melody, 10/10/15, 13 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths
Services Used: Delivery, Setup, Showroom, Centerpieces, Chairs, Decor, Lounge Furniture, Tables, Trinkets, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

I really enjoyed working with Southern Events. Laura Wall was a huge help and extremely easy to work with. They showed up on time and made sure everything was exactly how I wanted it before they left. I would highly recommend this company.

Profile Picture Laura , 10/3/15, 4 Reviews
4.2

I was extremely happy with how beautiful the rentals looked. The customer service prior to the wedding was amazing. I had quick responses to all order changes and they were very helpful. We did have the wrong candelabras delivered the day of which caused some stress. It was a little difficult to get a hold of someone 2 hours before the wedding but we did and they promptly delivered the correct candelabras.

Profile Picture Renee, 9/12/15, 9 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

I can not say enough amazing things about Southern Events! They really brought our wedding to life! We rented everything from plates, specialty furniture, and they exceeded our expectations. They have the most diverse, special and really beautiful rentals around. Any parties we have in the future it's South Events all the way!

Profile Picture User6031701, 2+ years ago, 13 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths
Services Used: Altar/Arch, Centerpieces, Chairs, Decor, Lounge Furniture, Tables, Trinkets, Vases, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Delivery, Setup, Showroom

Southern Event Rentals were professoinal and courteous as we planned our wedding. I was not the easiest client as we has a backyard wedding that seemed to be constatnly changing into something new with new needs. They were flexible and easy to work with.

We did have a small setback with tables. We ordered tables to seat 10 per table (they suggested 8-10 per table), but they could only comfortably fit 8. But, they managed to get us extra tables and linens the morning before the event!

Profile Picture Ashley, 9/6/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

Booked Southern Events for most of our event rentals for our daughter's wedding after interviewing 4-5 local, top rated event rental companies. Southern Events carried the type of materials we were looking for to create the feel in the venue space. Heather was very responsive; changed our order many, many times and researched needed items for us. All materials were provided as booked and delivered on-time and were of good quality. Setup and tear down was quick and painless. Only issue was the extra delivery fee for Sunday delivery and other additional fees; in the end Southern Events provided high quality items at a competitive price. Selected from Preferred Provider Listing. Would use again.

Profile Picture User4125996, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths
Services Used: Flatware, Linens, Centerpieces, Chairs, Decor, Lounge Furniture, Tables, Trinkets, Vases, Delivery, Setup, Showroom