Southerlyn Farms Reviews

Southerlyn Farms 7
  • Aly

Aly Charles · Married on 03/23/2019

Pleasant and Punctual

My husband and I got married this past Saturday, March 23rd. I have always dreamed of a barn wedding and this venue completely lived up to my expectations. The lighting, the textures, the colors, the cottage we got ready in... All of it was a dream and looked magical, a day we will never forget!

Sent on 03/25/2019
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 03/03/2019

Best Day Of Our Lives

Southerlyn Farms was the perfect venue for our big day! Allison was truly a joy to work with. Her personal touches and help through our wedding planning journey is something we will never forget. She went above and beyond to help us make sure our day was more than we could’ve imagained. And after receiving our wedding photos we are so thrilled we chose this venue.

Sent on 03/21/2019

Patti · Married on 03/03/2019

Brides Mother

We love Southerlyn Farms. It is the perfect location for a wedding with the flexible layout for the ceremony and reception and the cozy cottage for dressing and the honeymoon night.
    The owners are so easy to work with and professional.
    You will be happy you chose Southerlyn Farms!

Sent on 03/21/2019

Kristen · Married on 03/10/2018

This venue was the perfect location for my dream wedding and reception. It was the look and feel I had been searching for. It just so beautiful out there and has the romantic and intimate feel. Allison was awesome to work with and got everything worked out for us to have our wedding there.

Sent on 03/16/2018

BLAINE · Married on 12/16/2017

I was very pleased with using Southerlyn Farms for my daughter's wedding. The venue is spacious and easy to decorate and the cottage worked nicely for the bridal party's pre-wedding activities. Both were very neat and clean and worked perfectly for us. Allison was a pleasure to work with and was very accommodating to our needs.

Sent on 12/20/2017

Southerlyn Farms's reply:

Thank you so much! I’m so glad your daughter chose Southerlyn Farms for her wedding venue!

Bailey · Married on 12/16/2017

Southerlyn Farms was the perfect back drop for my dream wedding! Allison was very flexible and easy to work with. I could not have asked for a better experience preparing for, planning and executing the most perfect wedding! I highly recommend this venue to anyone and will most assuredly use it again if I have another big event to plan!

Sent on 12/27/2017
    Southerlyn Farms 13
    Southerlyn Farms 14
    Southerlyn Farms 15

Southerlyn Farms's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind review! We greatly appreciate you choosing us for your big day!

Karen · Married on 09/08/2017

The venue is beautiful and also the atmosphere is very nice. The swing in the tree adds character and of course the corn fields were such beautiful back drops for photos. I was excited to be there with Kristina Sadler on Friday, May 20th as the photographer . I can't think of anything that we needed that was not there. It is beautiful, great job.

Lisa · Married on 05/28/2017

Such a beautiful venue! If you're looking for country-chic, this is your place! Having the bridal suite and tables and chairs included is a huge bonus. Allison, the owner, is so sweet and friendly! I'm so excited To have my wedding there in May!

Sent on 02/14/2017

Southerlyn Farms's reply:

Thank you so much Lisa! I look forward to your big day with us!

Patricia · Married on 03/27/2017

Our daughter was married here in March 2017. I had never heard of Southerly Farms. It is such an elegant venue! And very easy for all the guest to find. Beautiful indoors and out!!!

Sent on 12/10/2017

Southerlyn Farms's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words and taking the time to write us a review! We love our brides and the family/guests! We greatly appreciate you all choosing Southerlyn Farms for your daughters special day!

Marylee · Married on 11/12/2016

I attended a wedding at Southerlyn Farms last weekend. The venue was just beautiful--especially at sunset with the fields in the background and the light reflecting off the clouds. Allison, the owner, could not have been nicer, and everything was just beautiful down to the last tiny detail. If you are looking for a country-rustic-chic atmosphere for a wedding reception, this is a great choice!

Sent on 11/18/2016

Words can't express our love for Allison and for Southerlyn Farms! From the very beginning, Allison worked alongside us to make our dream wedding into reality. The venue is beautiful in every way, and we are so extremely thankful to have found Southerlyn Farms for our wedding. It was a day that was beyond our dreams, and we are so grateful for Allison, her visions and dreams for Southerlyn Farms, her heart for people, and the way she accommodated us. We HIGHLY recommend Southerlyn Farms to anyone who is looking for that "rustic-chic" wedding venue.

Sent on 11/30/2016

Melody · Married on 11/12/2016

I truly cannot find the adequate words to say how amazing Allison Malphrus, Owner, is when planning a wedding at her beautiful venue. Not only did she go what we would consider above and beyond, for our daughter, but she continually stayed in contact with us, as well as long-distance with our daughter (she was planning her wedding from Boston), and made her day simply perfect. We felt Southerlyn Farms offered a warm and personal environment for a wedding. It allowed our guests to enjoy the day without moving from wedding site to reception. Our daughter was excited to also have the advantage of staying at their guest house after the ceremony. We are a Christian family, and truthfully, since our daughter preferred an outdoor wedding with the "barn" atmosphere, instead of our church, it was difficult to find a venue that would work within our requests for a Christ-centered ceremony, but Allison and her crew were amazing, and provided everything and more! Our guests are still talking about what a fantastic time they had and how beautiful the venue was for a wedding. If you're looking to have Allison plan and implement your wedding, please note it is with zero regrets that we highly recommend her facility and Allison. She made our daughter's day everything she had wished for and for that, we are so appreciative!

Sent on 12/04/2016

Kristen · Married on 11/06/2016

Everything about Southerlyn Farms is PERFECT. We got married there one 11/06/16 and it was absolutely amazing. This is a venue that is just effortlessly beautiful. Even our vendors were raving about how amazing it was. I'm so glad I found Southerlyn Farms and Allison while venue searching!

Sent on 11/07/2016

Becky · Married on 10/22/2016

I had to change my weeding venue fast after Hurricane Matthew destroyed my original palms! Allison was so sweet and accommodating! This place was close to Summerville to accommodate my out of town guests and I was able to keep my vendors from Charleston intact.

Sent on 10/29/2016

BA · Married on 05/21/2016

Awesome venue and just gorgeous! Perfect place for any Bride regardless of what her vision is from rustic to shabby chic to classic! Please take the time to check it out! Allison the owner is amazing to work with and keeps this state of the art venue pristine!

Kristina · Married on 05/20/2016

I couldn't have been more happy with Allison and her beautiful venue. As soon as I first visited the farm and spoke with Allison, I knew this was the place for our special day. I had no issues at all. She is the kindest person and willing to work with you no matter what, for it to be everything you want. I would highly recommend ( would go higher than five stars if I could) this venue. I just couldn't imagine a more perfect place then Southerlyn Farms. I can't think you enough Allison for helping make our dream wedding come true!

Charles · Married on 05/20/2016

Highly recommended venue! My wife and I couldnt have been more happy with the whole experience, venue, and Allison. Not only was the place gorgeous, she was such a nice person and willing to work with us to make our wedding day all we dreamed of.

Sent on 05/24/2016

Our daughter just recently held her wedding at Southerlyn Farms. It was perfect! From the cottage, to the ceremony space and the reception we couldn't have been happier! Everyone was fantastic and it was a day she will always remember. Thank you!!!

Sent on 05/26/2016

Kim · Married on 04/23/2016

I am so glad we picked Southerlyn Farms for my daughter's wedding. Allison made everything run so smoothly. She is organized and professional. The venue has everything my daughter wanted. She wanted a place for her bridesmaids to talk and primp before the wedding. Allison's cottage was perfect with mirrors and a kitchen area and a bedroom. The barn with its chandelier and built in fireplace and bar was just perfect. My daughter wanted to decorate some but she didn't want to do it all and Allison stepped in and finished the decorations. She always asked my daughter's opinion. She would do as little as we wanted or as much as we wanted. We counted on Allison to help with table arrangements and we valued her opinion on many ideas. We were right to pick this venue because it was a total success. We had about 250 guests. Many people said how wonderful the wedding looked. We had so many compliments and we owe it to Allison Malphrus. She knows weddings.
    Thanks again,
    Kim Henderson

Sent on 04/29/2016

JULIE · Married on 04/16/2016

We had my daughters wedding at Southerlyn Farms and it was perfect. Allison truly went above and beyond. I would recommend this venue to anyone getting married or having a special event. She stressed throughout the whole process that she wants the day of the wedding to be as stress free as possible, she made that happen. She made sure that everything was beautiful and perfect. Thank You.

Sent on 04/19/2016

Cindy · Married on 03/25/2016

Southerlyn Farms provided the perfect setting for my daughter and her classmates' prom, "Boots and Bowties". From booking to the night of the event, Allison was very helpful and worked with them to make sure their prom was a night to remember. She met with the committee several times during the planning process and was always quick to respond to any questions they had. Allison worked with their vendors to help ensure that everything would be perfect. It was a wonderful experience.

Sent on 03/28/2016

Kendrea · Married on 08/29/2015

My wedding was perfect! Allison (owner and our Same Day Coordinator) and her team at Southerlyn Farms was a big part of its success! Could not have done it without her! A beautiful venue with just the right amount of space. Convenient parking. Definitely worth the drive out there, particularly if a lot of your guests are coming from out of town anyways. Wouldn't change a thing!

Sent on 09/02/2015

Chelsea · Married on 08/08/2015

My wedding day was everything that I could ever dream of plus more! Allison was awesome to work with. She was always available to chat, email, or text. She always offered suggestions to be sure my day was perfect. I made several venue visits to just talk with her and to come up with ideas. I also took my bridal portraits out there and they were beautiful. The grounds, cottage, and barn were always clean, neat, and well maintained. I highly recommend this venue if you are looking for a rustic yet chic place to get married or have any event.

Sent on 09/03/2015

Phyllis · Married on 07/25/2015

I attended a beautiful baby shower as a guest at Southerlyn Farms. It was absolutely gorgeous from the entrance of the gate until I exited through the gate. Gorgeous property, landscaping and beautifully decorated interior. Fun, Friendly Vendor who you can tell puts her heart in her work. I will certainly be telling people about this venue for others to enjoy.

Sent on 10/25/2015

Norma · event on 06/27/2015

It was a beautiful day. Perfect venue with plenty of parking, spacious open floor plan with lots of seating.

Sent on 10/25/2015