South Beach Makeup Studio Reviews

84 Reviews for South Beach Makeup Studio

• Allison

Allison · Married on 05/25/2019

Excellent!

The South Beach Makeup Studio team was a dream to work with! They are organized and very reliable, with quick and thorough responses. I felt at ease no matter how many questions I asked or little changes I decided to make to my look. I felt confident and comfortable that I me and my girls were in good hands. Our makeup stayed while we danced all night long and our hairstyles held extremely well. They were affordable and reliable. All of my bridesmaids agreed that they were just an absolute joy to work with and i would highly recommend!

Sent on 06/10/2019
  • Jocelyn

Jocelyn Gurland · Married on 03/30/2019

Amazing experience both leading up to and day of wedding

Amy and her staff were absolutely amazing to work with. From the beginning, Megan was able to help us coordinate trials for myself and my mom, flexible for my schedule as I was long distance. Every step of the organizational process was so easy and stress free. They really made us feel like we were in good hands, and followed through on the day of the wedding. Amy is so much fun-- had a blast with her and her team. Everything was great, timing, finishing touches, and just overall support. Would 100% recommend.

Sent on 06/23/2019
  • F

Francine · Married on 03/09/2019

Very nice. Great service.

Very nice great service. Has a really nice time. Everyone loved their makeup and I looked like a princess.

Sent on 03/13/2019

Ali T · Married on 03/02/2019

Natural ladies, South Beach Makeup Studio are great!

When my best friend chose SBMS for her wedding, I was unsure that they would know how to style my short to medium length, type 4, kinky hair. As a precaution, I went to the salon I usually see for kinky twists the Wednesday before the wedding for a plaited updo with bun. There were several events before the Saturday wedding and I wanted my hair to be styled for them as well. Unfortunately, the style did not last and the morning of the wedding, I was panicking. It was too late to wash my hair (which had required a lot of product for the original style), but it was clear that I could not recreate the previous style on my friend's big day. SBMS to the rescue! They managed to create a beautiful updo that got me through the wedding. They were incredibly kind and understanding (I was a last minute addition to their schedule) and they never once let me feel like I was inconveniencing them. When I washed my hair the evening of the wedding, there was no heat damage. My only regret is that I did not book them from the get go. I would definitely recommend them to brides and bridal parties of all ethnicities. Many thanks to Brittany and Nicole for hairstyling and Charlene for makeup!

Sent on 03/08/2019

Jen S · Married on 12/08/2018

Beautiful work

We loved working with South Beach Makeup. Megan was very responsive. I had a great trial with Nicole and then my mom and sister had separate trials. I loved the makeup and hair so much I used her for my bridal shower AND my wedding. We had four artists from South Beach Makeup for our wedding and everyone looked beautiful! So happy we used them!

Sent on 12/13/2018

Emily · Married on 11/17/2018

Great service

Everything was great. Everyone was ready on time, hair and makeup came out beautiful. Very happy with everything!

Sent on 12/29/2018
  • Alison

Alison Sandler · Married on 11/17/2018

The best people ever!

Besides how incredible my hair and makeup was with Amy, every single one of my 12 bridesmaids were happy with the way they looked - which is unheard of! Everyone on the team is so talented and listens to exactly what you want, and also knows things that you may not think you want and after seeing it, are so happy you trusted them. Not only did I feel and look like a princess and receive nonstop compliments, but the personalities of these ladies was everything and more that I needed on my wedding day. I am a bit of a nervous/anxious wreck, and after having 2 trials with Amy that was very well noted. She knew me and what triggers me, and kept me so calm my entire wedding day and even kept my bridesmaids and mom off my back so I didn't have to. Everyone was so professional, and I trusted every single one of them. Amy had a family emergency and didn't even mention it to me until she was finished getting me ready, and I had absolute no problem trusting Brittany to do my touch-ups, which of course she rocked!!! I truly love everyone at this company as people and their work. I would use them for any event, even a nice dinner given their reasonable prices!!!!!

Sent on 01/10/2019

Kristin · Married on 11/03/2018

Makeup for wedding

I had an amazing experience with South Beach Makeup Studio. Amy was able to do my makeup and hair exactly how I wanted it, it couldn’t have gone any better. Definitely recommend.

Sent on 11/28/2018

Tara · Married on 06/30/2018

I could not have been happier with Amy and Brittany. They came to the house where my party was getting ready. They did five of us with hair and makeup and just my mom's makeup. They were relaxed and flexible and everyone looked beautiful. I had one vision in my head of a slightly looser braided updo but realized half way thru I wanted it more structured. Brittany was amazing and fixed it right away. I could not have been happier with how everything turned out and how great they both were. It was the great start to a great day.

Sent on 05/07/2018

Arielle · Married on 05/27/2018

Amy is absolutely AMAZING! She is so friendly, personable, charismatic and so much more. On my wedding day she was a constant cheerleader and smiling face! I had 6 bridesmaids, my mother-in-law and myself and South Beach was so efficient and everyone looked flawless. They made sure everyone was comfortable in their makeup look and worked with each woman to accomplish her desired look. We chose the best vendors for our wedding that all worked as a team. South Beach Makeup Studio was on our list as the best and they lived up to every expectation and more that we had!

Sent on 05/29/2018

Linda · Married on 03/30/2018

I loved Nicole, she was professional and very nice. She listened exactly to what I wanted for my hair and make up for my wedding and it turned out very lovely.

Sent on 04/07/2018

Christina · Married on 11/04/2017

South beach makeup is fantastic! So professional and reliable!

Sent on 11/27/2017

Marjorie · Married on 10/14/2017

I am so glad I chose South Beach Hair and Makeup Studio to do my wedding last week for several reasons!:

First, Megan - their coordinator - is a complete sweetheart and professional. Setting up a last minute trial session and procuring a hair/makeup team for me within a month of my ceremony was no hassle with her help. As an out of state bride planning a destination wedding, this was a major plus!

Second, Brittany, the lead artist, did an amazing job on my hair and makeup. I'm usually low key when it comes to makeup. She did a great job of making me feel glamorous and sexy but not overdone! Her work held up through a beach ceremony and 4 hour outdoor reception, with no touch ups needed!

Third, Maria and McLaine - the other artists - made my bridal party look and feel amazing. One of my big goals for my wedding was for everyone in my party to feel beautiful and confident. Brittany, Maria, and McLaine made this happen!

Finally, the team all have great personalities and kept everyone in the room laughing. My mother in law (MIL) suffers from some memory loss and requested some extra services not included in our contract or timeline. Maria was very sweet in helping us accommodate my MIL's request and fitting the extra work into the team's busy timeline. I can't say enough good things about how special Maria made my MIL feel. The team finished everyone on time and everything went off without a hitch.

Thanks, ladies!!!

Sent on 10/18/2017

Montana · Married on 05/27/2017

I booked with South Beach Makeup Studio after a positive experience as a bridesmaid in my friend's wedding. Amy, the owner, was lovely to coordinate with, and I could not have been happier with their performance on my wedding day. Punctual & perfectly professional. Beyond these essential basics, their work was absolutely exquisite. I had 9 bridesmaids (crazy, I know), and each looked stunning! My hair and makeup were, how shall I say, BALLER. I was not the traditional bride - more interested in fashion and an edgy aesthetic - and Mclaine did a BEAUTIFUL job on my makeup. Brittany did an awesome job on my hair and roughed it through 90 degrees and humid to make sure I stayed fab. Truly, I could not have had a better experience. Kind, warm, professional, and ridiculously talented. An amazing team of women.

Sent on 06/05/2017

Sabrina · Married on 10/16/2016

Amy and her team did a great job. As a bride a looked amazing, like a star! My make up was perfect, hair was great (Amy was super flexible reacting to the wheater). Hair and make-up stayed perfect all day and night long - even after jumping into the pool! All my bridesmaids and flower girl looked great, hair and make up! Go for it!

Sent on 10/25/2016

Jennifer · Married on 06/05/2016

Amy, Director of South Beach is a loving, nurturing woman with a natural talent for hair and make up and selecting an amazing team to work with her for your wedding. My wedding party loved their hair and make-up. It was very professional, absoutely beautiful and very long-lasting!

For my bridal hair and make-up, the care and love Amy showed me was over-the-top and I cannot say enough things about how beautiful she made me look. I brought tears to my groom's eyes---she brought out so much beauty in me. I thank her and her team for being punctual and fun and a great group of people to make the wedding day a great success, thank you and please give Amy any feedback while she is doing your hair and make-up. She is capable of doing anything and is very open to making you happy and trying any style you would like!

Sent on 06/22/2016

Darla · Married on 04/23/2016

I worked with South Beach Makeup Studio for hair and makeup for myself (bride) and small bridal party. We had Nicole and Mclaine and were beyond thrilled! Amy was very easy to work with in coordinating my trial and day of schedule. Nicole did a fabulous job and I am so pleased. She has a fantastic attitude and was great about accommodating a few changes I wanted to make after my trial. She is truly an artist. I've gotten so many compliments on my hair/makeup and am just thrilled with how all of our photos turned out. Our team was the best and they made our pre-wedding afternoon so enjoyable.

Sent on 09/05/2016

Dawn · Married on 12/12/2015

We had Nicole do the bridesmaid's makeup for our wedding and she was FANTASTIC in every way. She listens, she's patient, and she's an excellent hair & make up artist!
    She made a stressful time very easy for the entire wedding party. We are so grateful to her and thrilled that we chose South Beach Makeup Studio!

Sent on 12/23/2015

Kathie · Married on 12/12/2015

They did the hair and makeup for 12 women. They were absolutely wonderful! They could do any hair and the make up looked perfect ! I would recommend them to anyone . We plan on using them again for our next event.

Sent on 01/04/2016

KATHIE · Married on 12/12/2015

excellent! i WOULD USE HER AGAIN AND AGAIN!!

Sent on 01/11/2016

Catherine · Married on 11/14/2015

Amy and her team were one the best vendors I booked for my wedding, I can't recommend SoBe makeup enough!!! If you want to look beautiful on your wedding day, this is the team to book. My hair and makeup were better then I could have ever dreamed for my wedding day, I honestly felt like a model all day. My makeup and hair stayed perfect from early in the morning until the late evening. On top of that all my bridesmaids looked beautiful as well (both hair and makeup). Amy and her team knew how to manage their time really well and were extremely professional from the moment booked. They're truly a talented team, I would book them again in the future if I ever needed my hair and makeup done.

Sent on 02/09/2016

amanda · Married on 10/17/2015

Amy, the owner, was very responsive to my e-mails and was able to accommodate me for a trial on very short notice. Christina, the hair and makeup artist, did a great job and I loved the way I looked.

Sent on 10/29/2015

Amy knows Miami hair and makeup! My wedding was in October with 1000% humidity. Despite that and dancing like a lunatic and sweating a ton, somehow my hair and makeup were totally in place at the end of the night (and it wasn't heavy or stiff, I don't know how she did it).
    I live in NY and only went to Miami only once before the wedding so I had to have a little bit of faith and Amy nailed both the hair and makeup with minimal direction. My mother, sisters and bridesmaids were all really happy too, so all the people Amy brought were really good as well (vs when bridesmaids end up with someone a tier below). I also liked that Amy brought a large team so there wasn't a lot of waiting around. I would definitely recommend Amy to any friend.

Sent on 01/16/2016

Constance · Married on 09/26/2015

They were a little expensive but they did a great job.

Sent on 01/04/2016

Christy · Married on 08/15/2015

GORGEOUS!!! Christina and Brit were absolutely amazing! I was afraid about having my hair and makeup done for my destination wedding because I was not going to have a chance for them to do a "trial run" beforehand and I didn't want my hair and makeup to not "look like myself". These girls were wonderful and made me look elegant and natural....they somehow knew EXACTLY what I wanted without even having to say a word! They also have great personalities that somehow made the pre-wedding jitters go away and we were all relaxed and enjoying the day!

Sent on 09/04/2015