Soundwave DJ's Reviews

Soundwave DJ's 4
Soundwave DJ's 5
Soundwave DJ's 6

Jennifer · Married on 01/04/2014

We used Soundwave DJ's for our wedding reception at The Hotel Hershey. They provided amazing music, a kick-ass photo booth (guests are still are raving) and uplighting that made the Castilian Room look even more enchanting than it already was.
    One of the reasons why we selected Soundwave DJ's was because they came so highly recommended from everyone; and we are certainly glad that we listened.
    Fred was amazing to work with, he found all of the songs that we requested and he kept the guests dancing all night long.
    We wish we had another wedding to plan so we could use him again!
    Jenn and Joe Williams

Sent on 01/29/2014

David · Married on 12/14/2013

We had a great time and both djs were extremely professional. Everyone really enjoyed the up lighting and had a ton of fun with the photo booth.

Sent on 01/18/2014

Bob · Married on 11/02/2013

We used SOUNDWAVE DJs as our DJ, uplighting and photo booth. If want something that they normally do not do, just ask. Fred will try and get you what you need. The photo booth was hit with all of our guests. The uplighting touch was perfect in our venue on the white marble pillars. Jim did a great job of putting together our entrance song and meeting the requests that my wife had during the reception. He was easy to work with, followed up with me on a regular basis, read our crowd well and was a complete professional.

Sent on 11/17/2013

Brittany · Married on 09/14/2013

Fred was an absolute fantastic guy to work with! He was on top of it! Very organized and meeting with him was always a blast. We couldn't have asked for someone better. He was there super early on the big day setting up and making sure everything was good to go. He did our ceremony music, which thank GOD for him because our ukulele player bailed a few weeks prior. The wedding was outside on a breezy waterfront location, but the sound was flawless. He did a fabulous job keeping the entire wedding running, too. Without him, we would've been a hot mess! But he kept things moving and had our guests up and dancing all night. It was PERFECT. And let's talk uplighting. Do it. Just do it. It was a last minute decision, but we went with pink uplighting after he suggested it. Wow! It made the ballroom look even more fabulous. It was done so well. I'm very happy!

Sent on 10/15/2013

Kathryn · Married on 09/07/2013

We had Fred as our DJ for our wedding this past weekend and we were so thrilled with how the evening went. Fred did our ceremony music as well as our reception music. From the very beginning he was very focused on us as a couple and what we wanted. He has a lot of experience and knows exactly how to work a crowd. He is such a nice guy, was very professional and made sure all of our different vendors and officiant were on the same page. The event went so smoothly I couldn't have imagined it any better! Fred was so flexible and was quick to respond to my multitude of emails as I was hardly ever able to meet in person. My husband and I were just thrilled with how everything turned out!

Sent on 09/11/2013

Alyssa and James · Married on 08/24/2013

We were so happy to have hired Soundwave DJs to play our wedding. Fred Behney was a true professional and an absolute delight to work with. He exceeded our expectations and kept our guests (and we mean ALL of our guests from the smallest to the oldest) dancing all night. He arrived early and helped coordinate all aspects of the day so there was no need to worry or stress. We would strongly recommend Soundwave DJs' services to anyone looking to have a wonderful wedding!

Sent on 09/19/2013

Alisha · Married on 08/17/2013

Fred from soundwave DJ's surpassed all of mine and my husband's expectations. From day one Fred helped us plan our wedding day. He met with us several times to get to know us and our music taste in order to play music that kept our guests on the dance floor the entire night! He adapted perfectly to all of our backyard wedding challenges and did it all professionally. He worked well with our other vendors to keep things running smoothly the entire day. He also took care of our ceremony music and did a fantastic job with that as well. We couldn't have been happier with his services.
    We also rented the photo booth from Fred for our guests to enjoy. Again, this was such a huge hit and we love all of the pictures AND VIDEOS we received from the booth. Denise helped our guests out when it came to the photo booth and kept that running smoothly. Fred and Denise were both amazing to work with! I have already recommended them to friends who plan to marry in 2014!

Sent on 11/05/2013

Fred was great. He provided beautiful uplighting for our wedding and his photobooth was a hit. I would highly recommend him to other couples for a great wedding experience.

Sent on 10/24/2013

Rachel · Married on 06/01/2013

Sound Wave DJ's could not have been more down to earth and a friendly group of people. They had done everything that was asked of them. They were dressed professionally and were ready to have a good time just like all of my guests. They were able to work with my crazy schedule and had even thrown in some surprises for me too. Before they had done something, they had asked myself and my groom's approval. You couldn't beat the price for the area. We couldn't have been more pleased with their performance....both DJ'ing and with the photo booth which was a big success.

Sent on 06/28/2013

Lara · Married on 05/26/2013

Fred was extremely well-prepared, and was very patient about dealing with all of our very specific requests for music and its timing. He was great about working with us and giving great suggestions, and always was very professional. He made it a point to get pronunciations right for songs we had in other languages and the names of everyone he'd need to announce. We had a sort of traditional, sort of non-traditional Jewish wedding, and he was great about the differences in schedule and everything. During the reception, he played a perfect mix of classics and top 40 plus other music we gave him that kept everyone dancing all night. He's great at helping the party continue from his seat in the background, and he was really helpful with managing the crowd at our wedding. Thanks Fred!

Sent on 06/06/2013

Lorelei · Married on 05/26/2013

Fred Behney was absolutely amazing to work with. He was willing to work with me to create the perfect wedding not only for my husband and I, but for the guests attending it. Fred and his intern Grant were nothing but attentive to my wedding needs and definitely succeeded in creating the perfect ambiance through music and lighting. At the reception, Grant was nothing but personable, energetic, and acted in a professional and appropriate manner. I would highly recommend Soundwave Dj's and it's team to anyone!

Sent on 08/14/2013

Leslie · Married on 05/25/2013

My husband and I love a large variety of music, so when looking for a DJ we wanted to find someone that would understand what we were looking for. When I first met with Fred, I was with him for two hours talking about music and the vibe we were feeling for our wedding. He was amazing! He knew exactly what we were looking for and had many suggestions to help us. He is very down to earth and easy to chat with. He was in constant contact with me over the duration of planning, and when the time came he walked me through everything he planned to do. He did an excellent job! Everyone complimented on our great music variety. He had slow, sentimental moments as well as upbeat, fun moments. He knew exactly what song to play at the right time. You can tell he loves what he does, and he is great at doing it! He still texted me afterwards to thank me for letting him in on my special day. He is a sweetheart, and I plan to recommend him to every bride I know :)

Sent on 06/13/2013
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 05/11/2013

Fred was an amazing DJ to work with! When my now husband and I first met him, we couldn't help but hire Fred to be the DJ at our wedding. Fred was extremely responsive and he offered so many wonderful ideas to truly make our reception the best party that we have ever been to. I told Fred I wanted him to handle the reception to make sure that it ran smoothly - and it sure did! Fred was basically the reception coordinator - above all else he wanted to make sure that the bride and groom were happy!

Everyone kept complimenting us on how much they loved the music at our wedding. During cocktail hour and dinner, Fred played the perfect mixture between classic Sinatra and modern Train. After the bouquet was tossed, it was just an endless stream of good song after good song - our guests were dancing all night long - ALL of them! Fred was also very entertaining - but without being "cheesy" or just annoying. He was extremely professional, working with our wedding coordinator, and he went out of his way to provide the best experience that he possibly could.

Fred also provided the uplighting in our venue, which provided just the perfect amount of ambiance to truly transform our venue into our own little paradise. Our wedding would not have been the same without Fred. My husband and I still plan to keep in touch with him because he is just a wonderful person to know. We're so thankful to have found the perfect addition to our wedding!

Sent on 05/29/2013
  • Jamie Q.

Jamie · Married on 05/04/2013

We used Soundwave DJs for our recent wedding for both music and lighting. When we first talked to Fred, we pretty much didn’t even contact anyone else! He has such a fun personality and seemed so flexible that we knew he would not only be a great DJ but a great emcee as well. Over the course of planning, Fred kept in touch with ideas and new services he offered, which included uplighting and a photoboth. We met with him to check it out and it looked awesome! He later even drove out to Gettysburg to meet with us and try out the lighting in our venue and specially made a color that matched our color theme (turquoise)- it looked fantastic and added a such a cool look to the room. On the day of the wedding, he kept the reception on schedule and played the best music! I was very picky- I asked for no old music and just fun dance music and he found the perfect mix of classics and modern pop songs that had the entire room dancing non-stop! The only wedding regret I have is that I didn’t have more time for dancing to his music!

Sent on 05/28/2013

Charlie · Married on 03/24/2013

Outstanding, responsible, and all around excellent DJ. We got more than we were expecting and the whole day was perfect. Thanks again, Fred.

Sent on 04/15/2013

Virginia · Married on 03/23/2013

I am so glad we found Fred Behney to be our DJ. He made the planning process incredibly easy. I am not very good at party planning (or knowing which songs are cool) but with Fred's help, I threw together the best party I have ever attended. He had the whole crowd dancing all the way until the very end of the party and everyone was dancing - even the grandparents! I don't think I have ever seen so many people out on the dance floor at a wedding, dancing to everything from The Twist to Macklemore's Thrift Shop.

During the planning process, I could call him whenever I wanted and knew he would respond quickly. The day of the wedding would not have gone as smoothly as it did without him. He arrived early to the venue, directed the bridal party to where they needed to be and made sure I was happy and knew where I needed to be. He was dressed professionally, was very personable to everyone and we kept hearing all night what a great DJ he was.

I would definitely hire Fred again - if I ever thought I could top this party.

Sent on 03/27/2013

Marilyn · Married on 03/10/2013

What else can I say but Well Done ! You executed a flawless wedding for us and the music and lighting were perfect. The lighting colors were amazing and created an ambiance for the evening. Thank you for making the room look so pretty. I know the challenges you faced with all the different rooms but you managed to do everything including being the best master of ceremony I could have ever imagined. Thanks for keeping us on time. Music is the magic of an event like this and I thank you sincerely for all your hard work and your talent. Many guests commented on how good you looked and they thought you were part of our bridal party. You looked marvelous! If anyone who needs a DJ uses anyone else - they are really missing out:-) I will never use anyone by you Fred - thank you!

Sent on 03/12/2013

Sam · Married on 01/05/2013

If you are looking for a classy and professional DJ for your big day, then there is no other choice than DJ Fred. He had a great attention to detail in the planning stage to ensure everything went smoothly, and he was very flexible for being able to meet with us. Fred coordinated with our other vendors and made the whole evening run smoothly. His music selection was spot on for what we described and everyone had a great time. The uplighting that Fred provided really tied the whole room together, and he was able to match our colors. We couldn't have been happier with services Soundwave DJs provided. Thanks Fred!

Sent on 03/04/2013

Misti · Married on 12/01/2012

Fred was a true pleasure to work with not only as we planned our wedding, but on our big day as well. He provided us beautiful music throughout our ceremony including the preludes, recessional, and music during our sand ceremony. He assisted with guiding our guests for a group photograph following the ceremony. He worked great with our photographers, making sure they were apprised of everything going on - including the group photo, toasts, cake cutting, and bouquet/garter tosses. Fred provided us beautiful white uplighting for our reception. Our reception was black and white with accents of pink. The white uplighting provided that extra special touch and completed the room. Finally, Fred led our reception and made it a night to remember. He included our entire play list, allowed guests to provide requests, and created a time of oldies, newbies, and those songs in between. He was able to get all the guests up and dancing! Fred was very easy to work with. He was incredibly professional the day of the wedding - wearing a tux with all of our colors. He touched base with us and our photographers throughout our night to make sure everything was going the way we expected. He was flexible, not on a set schedule. He assessed the flow of the wedding and tweaked things as we went along. Fred and Heather, our wedding coordinator at the Hotel Hershey, have worked together for years. This made our entire wedding flow easily without snags or hiccups. Overall, we can’t thank Fred enough for his hard work in providing us an unforgettable day.

Sent on 01/17/2013

Chad/Teresa · Married on 12/01/2012

Just wanted to write a quick note to thank Soundwave DJs for making our wedding day so much FUN! Once the ceremony was out of the way, Jim really got the party started and kept it going all night! We have received so many compliments on how much fun our reception was, and we couldn't agree more. Both Fred and Jim went above and beyond the call of duty to make sure we were getting what we wanted and when our big day arrived, Jim delivered! We couldn't be happier that we chose Soundwave DJs as our DJ for our wedding; they truly helped make 12/1/12 the best day of our lives!

Sent on 03/22/2013

Soundwave and Fred were awesome. Fred went above and beyond to be sure that everything went smoothly on our wedding day and we really couldn't have asked for anything more. Absolutely recommended.

Sent on 11/04/2012

Melissa · Married on 08/31/2012

Fred is the best DJ i've ever seen - or worked with. He was always there to answer my questions and make my wedding go exactly how I wanted it to go. He took all of my song requests and made them happen and played everything people wanted to hear. He also offered some up lighting that just made the reception room like a fairy tale, it looked so, SO gorgeous, I couldn't imagine not having it. If you're ever thinking about up lighting - the answer is YES. He was fun, professional and it was just an awesome experience with a great person. My guests had a blast on the dance floor and loved every minute of it...and so did I!
    Thank you Fred!!
    Melissa and Zach

Sent on 09/10/2012

Laura · Married on 08/25/2012

Soundwave DJs made our wedding reception AWESOME. The DJ, Fred, made the reception flow perfectly. He even provided some fabulous lighting that matched my wedding colors! It made the sweetheart table the spotlight! Additionally, we also had the photo booth, which was completely awesome as people could leave fabulous videos and take fun pictures during the reception! It was a hit! I loved it! Thank you Soundwave DJs for keeping everyone dancing on the dance floor and for making my wedding reception one of a kind. I definitely plan on recommending your services to anyone I know needing quality and fantastic DJ services.

Sent on 09/18/2012

Scott · Married on 07/21/2012

My wife Jessica and I tied the knot on July 21 and had our reception at Heritage Hills Golf Resort. Chris was our DJ and did a fantastic job for our reception. We met with Chris before the wedding and he was able to understand the music and atmosphere we were looking for. He was able to customize our music to our preferences and made sure that guests were on the dance floor the whole time. Multiple guests commented on our DJ and how good his selections were. At the end of the night, the catering manager told us that he had never seen that many people on the dance floor the whole night. I would highly recommend Chris as a DJ for your wedding.

Sent on 09/01/2012

Ryan · Married on 06/25/2012

Patrick and Fred were great to work with. Fred is very welcoming to his customers and flexible with meeting times and makes you feel like your event is the only thing that matters. Patrick DJed our wedding and was awesome. He made every announcement we asked of him. He played the songs we asked him to and had a great feel for our crowd. He was personable with our crowd and many remarked afterwards how much they enjoyed the music/DJ. He was flexible with my wife and I and checked in with us regarding decisions, which we appreicated. We will recommend Soundwave DJ's to our friends and family members who need DJ services.

Sent on 06/28/2012