SoundSurge Entertainment Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner
    Christine Married on 04/03/2020

Beyond Amazing!

We booked our services through SoundSurge for DJ, lighting, photo and videography. Everything was INCREDIBLE. The professionalism and quality of service was fabulous. Each staff member was organized and always available for questions. They were so flexible when it came to postponing our first wedding. The music at the small wedding that we did have was fantastic, everyone raved about the songs played. The photographers and videographers made us feel so safe and comfortable. We highly recommend SoundSurge for any event!
    Christine Married on 09/21/2018
    We got married on 9/21/18 and I can not say enough positive things about Raphael and SoundSurge. They played a variety of music that kept my guest of all ages on the dance floor all night!! My guest are still talking about how much fun they had and how awesome my Dj was!!
    Donna Married on 09/01/2018
    Our experience was excellent! Couldn't have asked for better.
    Jacqueline Married on 03/10/2018
    Raphael and his team at Sound Surge Entertainment helped make our special day absolutely incredible! They did the music for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception! All of our special songs and timing of all of them went perfectly. We had detailed lists of songs and Raphael really took those requests into account to make sure we got what we wanted on our wedding day. We have gotten so many compliments on how great the music was. Music is so important to us and we are so happy that we chose Sound Surge Entertainment to handle the music for our wedding day! -The Revoirs
  • S&J51917
    Suzannah Married on 05/19/2017
    My husband and I booked SoundSurge as our DJ for our May 19th wedding, and were so happy with our choice! Every time we met with Raphael we became more and more excited for our wedding day. We really only had one request - that our dance floor would be packed all night long - and Raphael and his team delivered! Raphael was helpful and knowledgeable throughout the planning process, and even helped us arrange sound equipment for our out-of-town live musician. Thank you, SoundSurge for giving us the party of a lifetime!
    Melissa Married on 02/25/2017
    I was extremely happy with SoundSurge Entertainment. Raphael was amazing. Always very helpful!!! The team the day of my wedding was amazing. The same day edit had people talking for days after the wedding. I highly recommend this company. Thank you for making my day so special!!!! :)
  • User2582507 2+ years ago
    Great company to have as your vendor. Recommend 100%
    Rosie Married on 09/18/2016
    Raphael was absolutely amazing from day one in planning our day to DJing our wedding in September. He was very easy to talk to in regards to everything that we wanted -- about the type of music, the reception and ceremony music, the media package at our venue to include our hashtag photos. He was always fun and willing to hear our opinion throughout the whole process. He also made himself very available whenever we needed to speak to him in regards to our wedding music, whether it was meeting with him in person, to asking him quick questions via text, to scheduling phone calls to review our whole day. I would recommend using Raphael and SoundSurge for a wedding to everyone!
    Nina Married on 12/31/2015
    Sound Surge did an AMAZING job for our New Year's Eve wedding. Scott was our dejay and he had us dancing from 7:30pm until 1:30 am! My guests are still texting me saying what a great wedding it was! My husband and I loved using the website to communicate our song choices (and do not play list!). Scott even set up the music for our ceremony because everything took place at the venue. Thank you Sound Surge!!
  • User2540251 2+ years ago
    Raphael from Soundsurge entertainment is AWESOME! He was so professional and easy to work with and truly put me at ease for the day of the wedding. I knew the DJ was nothing I had to worry about. The dance floor was filled the ENTIRE night - not one dull song was played. Everyone came up to me during and after the wedding complimenting the DJ and asking for a business card. Raphael is truly a pro and if you want your wedding to be a great party - book with him ASAP!
    Kate Married on 09/25/2015
    Right from the start, we knew the Sound Surge was the company for us. So many of the companies are loud and in your face. Raph and sound surge are not like that at all. Simply put, they let the music and their experience speak for itself. Our Photo Booth was fantastic. The props were way better than any other wedding Photo Booth i have ever used. Our slideshow was perfect, it still brings a tear to my eye when I see it. But most of all, the music was perfect. Chris and his crew managed to make all our specific song requests come through the day of the wedding. We had so many unique songs that we wanted to play and they did not disappoint. Plus, the mix that Chris did kept our friends dancing the night away.
    Vincent Married on 08/15/2015
    Turn DOWN FOR RAPH! Raphael was absolutely amazing as our wedding DJ. From meeting with him well in advance to describe to him the theme of the music we wanted to playing songs in his studio to a special surprise for the bride from the groom, he was funny, professional and helpful! As a recreational DJ, I was worried about micro-managing the playlist, but he was appreciative of knowing exactly what we wanted to hear. He made us feel extremely comfortable about the entire process and just made it ...FUN. Our guests were telling us all night how amazing the music was and how much fun it was to be on the dance floor. My wife and I danced the night away without taking a break because we didn't want to miss one song Raphael played. We would not have had the time of our lives that we did at our wedding if it were not for Raphael and his MC Mike. It was definitely a party for the ages!
    Sarah Married on 06/19/2015
    Raphael and his team did an amazing job providing the entertainment for our wedding! Before the wedding, he made sure that he knew what we wanted out of our music and our expectations. The day of the wedding, they arrived early to set everything up and even helped when we had a small slideshow malfunction. Raphael did a great job as a DJ and used his skills to read the crowd to ensure the dance floor was full most of the night. He did a great job playing a wide range of music as well as our suggestions to please all of our guest. We also had a photo booth through them and it was a huge hit with our guests. They provided an attendant and props just to man the photo booth all night.
  • User2195318 2+ years ago
    I could not have asked for a better team to manage the music and photo booth the day of our wedding. Not only did Raphael text me and email me days leading to our wedding but even the day of he wanted to make sure he had all details wrapped up.

He listened to every crazy nonsense of mine and was able to engage the bilingual crowd extremely well. Pants were ripped, shoes were removed and people were chanting, "One last song!" at 1AM.
  • User2033888 2+ years ago
    Raphael,

We can’t thank you enough for the amazing job you did at our wedding last saturday. From start to finish you kept the vibe that we wanted alive with your choice of music.

The music completely calmed our nerves and brought us to a place of calm before walking down the aisle. We really felt like you customized the entire vibe of the night for us.

Then your hava nagila mix totally broke the ice between our families and really started our reception off on a note of excitement and interest.

We will never forget looking out from the sweetheart table at the beautiful amber lit room. It was perfect! Also, your musical choices of how to follow up the speeches was perfect.

Dancing with our best friends throughout the night are moments we will never forget.The whole night had the perfect balance of touching music that we love with funkier songs to party to!

Thank you for your perfect timing, and for giving us the most fantastic moments to remember as we hear our favorite songs for years to come.

Thank you again for all your hard work, it is a night we will never forget!!!!

Sincerely,

Chris and Kimmi
    Lillian Married on 11/07/2014
    Raphael was a pleasure to work with. He was very nice since the start. We got the up lighting and photo booth through him. His prices were very reasonable and the day of the wedding he was there and on point with everything. Thank you very much!
  • User1902308 2+ years ago
    Sound Surge was GREAT from the ceremony, to the cocktail hour and the BEST part, the reception!!! They had EVERYONE up dancing!!! I would DEF recommend Sound Surge!!!
    Erika Married on 09/07/2014
    Thank you Raphael, David, and everyone from the videography team who help make our wedding day everything we dreamed!!! Raphael, you were so much fun, so honest, organized, professional, and awesome to work with. We hired soundsurge about 17 months before our wedding and I was always nervous that, given how much time we had, they wouldn't be responsive or dependable. Those nerves went away so quickly as Raphael was super responsive every step of the way. He always answered all my questions, gave me an absolutely amazing price, and the quality of everything was incredible. Everyone at the wedding couldn't get enough of the lighting, sound, the music selection, the entertainment..... I was the happiest bride in the world because of you guys so THANK YOU!!!
  • User1897992 2+ years ago
    Raphael and the team at Soundsurge were amazing to work with! Raphael especially made the whole process so easy - everything from helping us with song selection to setting up an additional booth to providing a mic for the ceremony at the last moment. He was professional and helpful at every turn. All of our guests (and us!) had such a blast at the wedding (and after party) in large part due to Raphael's DJing. I cannot wait to have another excuse to hire him for an event. The best DJ in Jersey, hands down!
    Stephanie Married on 06/28/2014
    Raphael did a wonderful job at our wedding!! He helped to make our day unforgettable... The music selection he has is very large and he can accommodate all types of musical styles and tastes. He is a great DJ! We were also really pleased with the awesome photo booth and the lighting... it was a blast!
    Kaley J. Married on 06/15/2014
    We recently got married in June at Bryant Park Grill in NYC and had the best possible experience with SoundSurge Entertainment. We planned our wedding from California which could have been very complicated and difficult, but SoundSurge was unbelievably flexible and proficient at accommodating every one of our needs. They have a large selection of services and cater to your specific needs. They were very professional and choosing their services was the best possible decision we could have made.

DJ Raphael Valentino was amazing!! We still have guests asking about him and for his playlist. He had EVERY single person on the dance floor and as an emcee, he navigated the evening flawlessly.

The Videographers were seamless in how they captured all the best moments of our wedding. It was like they weren't even there! We are absolutely thrilled with the result of our wedding video and would recommend their services to anyone that is in the process of planning a wedding. Thank you SoundSurge team for being a part of our special day and making it an unforgettable experience.

If you are interested here is a highlight clip from our wedding video. SoundSurge was able to give us this sneak peak soon after our wedding to give us a taste of what was to come...

April Married on 06/01/2014
    Raphael was super easy to work with, extremely accommodating, professional, fun, flexible, and my guests had a blast! They still talk about the music and how much fun they had!
    We had an outdoor ceremony where he came fully prepared with everything our live acoustic singer may have needed and a back up of our ceremony music incase anything happened. He knew exactly what do and was prepared for anything, which made us feel super comfortable and we knew we had nothing to worry about when it came to the music. He knows his stuff as well as his staff!!! Not to mention that any song we asked for he played! Awesome! I highly recommend soundsurge for any event!!
    Eugene Married on 05/23/2014
    So my wife and I were looking for a DJ for our upcoming wedding back in May of 2014. Sound Surge came highly recommended by a co-worker. We met with Raphael Valentino and we were immediately impressed for what he had to offer and the overall price of what he was providing. Needless to say we were impressed with his set up and the professionalism of his staff. His music was outstanding myself and my bride never left the dance floor and my guests were equally impressed. I would use him again if I need a DJ for whatever event I may be in need of one for. He provided everything he promised and what he delivered was priceless.
    Erica Married on 04/18/2014
    A good friend who already booked Raphael for her upcoming wedding recommended me. From the first meeting with Raphael Valentino, the owner, I knew that I wanted him to MC and DJ my wedding. He worked with my budget and I couldn't wait to go to my friend's wedding for a "preview". We danced like crazy at both of our weddings! Raphael is a master of his craft and super talented. The online account that is set up is so organized and gives you an opportunity to make detailed requests for songs and your timeline from the moment you book to three days before your wedding. Raphael went above and beyond to make sure all of our requests were granted. His vibe at our wedding was just what we envisioned for our special night. Our guests were dancing all night!
  • User1549628 2+ years ago
    Raphael was very easy to work with. As soon as we met him, he showed us different video options. With a few description words, he knew right away what we were looking for. We booked with them 1 week before our wedding, we were not sure if we wanted a wedding video but I am glad we decided to get one. Chriz (videographer) was with us for 10 hours, he was very creative and enthusiastic as well. It was very nice to work with him and his assistant. He also worked well with the photographer which was from a different company. We received the highlight video and we just love it!!! We shared it with friends and they like the quality of the video and creativity that Chriz offers. I would definitely recommend them to friends. Give them a call, and if you go with them, you won't regret it at all.