SoundScapes DJ Services Reviews

76 | Gainesville, GA

76 Reviews for SoundScapes DJ Services

Greg · Getting married on 02/20/2025

What makes a company or a service GREAT is the people behind it. There are not a lot of businesses out there that carry the traits of honesty and integrity. This one does!! Throw in the knowledge, passion and fun and you have the ultimate experience.

Sent on 04/20/2018

Matthew Cooper · Married on 02/12/2020

Gene Joy is the real deal

Gene is a class act. He communicates well throughout the process and is willing to meet every need of the customer. Gene is very thorough and professional. He covers every base as a D.J. I highly recommend Gene Joy to anyone looking for a true professional to meet their needs.

Sent on 12/20/2019

Matthew,
    Thank you so much for allowing me to be a part of your daughters beautiful wedding. It was truly a blessing working with you, your family, Faith and her adorable husband. Many blessings to you and your family! Merry Christmas!

Marlene Grindle · Married on 01/04/2020

Wonderful!

Lots of fun! Very personable! Very professional! Very relaxed atmosphere! Would definitely use again. Perfect! SoundScapes DJ Services made sure the bride and groom were provided all the music and request they asked for.

Sent on 01/14/2020

Marlene,
    Thank you so much for your wonderful review! It was truly a blessing meeting you and your husband, and being a part of your adorable daughter's special day! Many blessings to you and your family and thank you so much for your thoughtful words!
  • Kaytie

Kaytie Lynne Mashburn · Married on 11/23/2019

Excellent DJ! Highly Recommend!

Gene handled the music for our wedding ceremony and reception in November! He was professional, organized, and was easy to work with from the very beginning. He helped to make our day one we will always remember. We couldn’t have asked for a better DJ. We highly recommend Gene for any DJ services you may need!

Sent on 12/10/2019

SoundScapes DJ Services's reply:

Kaytie, thank you so much for your very kind words. It was truly a blessing being a part of your beautiful wedding day. You and Steven were absolutely adorable! Blessings to you both my dear friends!
  • Cody

Cody Suchke · Married on 11/09/2019

Wedding - 9 November 2019

Mr. Joy is simply the best. He went above and beyond to ensure our wedding was absolutely perfect. He made it easy for my wife to arrange everything while I was deployed and stayed in touch throughout our entire planning process. If you are looking for a DJ for your wedding, this is the guy you want.

Sent on 12/02/2019

Cody,
    I can’t thank you and jennifer enough for allowing me to be a part of your beautiful wedding. It was also a pleasure working with your precious wife. She was amazing to work with and I’m so glad you both were pleased. Thank you again and blessings to you both my friends! I wish you both a
    Lifetime of love and happiness!
  • Rita

Rita Krutsch Biddle · Married on 10/26/2019

Wedding was absolutely perfect and even more beautiful with the music provided by Gene. He was very professional and fun at the same time.

I enjoyed working with Gene. He was a constant professional and very pleasant in all his emails, texts and when speaking with him on the phone. I would definitely recommend his services.

Sent on 11/07/2019

Rita,

It was so wonderful seeing you and being a part of the beautiful wedding. I hope to see you and your family again soon! Blessings my dear friend and thank you again for your very kind words!
  • Marcie

Marcie · Married on 10/12/2019

Best Dj ever!

Dj Gene was so kind, helpful, and understanding he made mine and my husbands day so special! He helped with song choices and I gave him a list of songs to go off of based on our taste and he did an amazing job picking out songs that were exactly what I was looking for but couldn’t explain! Highly recommend him services and I will be booking again if I have any parties or gathering!

Sent on 10/27/2019

Marcie,
    You were so sweet to write this precious review. Thank you so much for your very kind words! It was such a blessing being a part of your special day! Blessings to you both my friends!
  • Rebekah

Rebekah · Married on 10/05/2019

Great Wedding DJ

Gene was a great DJ for our wedding! His questionnaire was super detailed and really helped guide us in picking out what kind of music we wanted. He kept the mood going all night! He is fairly priced and highly professional!

Sent on 10/20/2019

SoundScapes DJ Services's reply:

Rebekah, thank you so much for your very thoughtful words! It was such a blessing working with you and your dear husband! Many blessings to you both my friends!
  • Leslie

Leslie Martin · Married on 09/29/2019

Leslie Martin

From the very beginning we knew we had chose the right DJ for our wedding. Gene is super responsive to you when you need to get in touch with him & highly professional! Even with literally last minute changes the day of the wedding he made it happen. Our family and friends commented on how wonderful the music was. And we were married in front of a waterfall and thanks to Gene everyone could hear our vows. Thank you for making it a very memorable day for us!

Sent on 10/08/2019

SoundScapes DJ Services's reply:

Leslie, I cannot begin to tell you what an honor it was being a part of your special day and meeting your husband and family. I wish you both many blessings as you begin your journey together. Thank you so much for your very kind words.

Davidson · Married on 09/28/2019

Wedding DJ Exceptional!

DJ Gene Joy did an incredible job for my Son and Daughter-in-law’s wedding. I will definitely use him for Any occasion where I need a DJ. Awesome job, very organized and affordable. Thank you DJ Gene.

Sent on 10/06/2019

SoundScapes DJ Services's reply:

Thank you so much! It was truly an honor being a part of Breck and Taylor’s wedding. Many blessings to you and your family my friend!
  • Megan

Megan Lauren Ellis · Married on 09/07/2019

Best dj ever!

Gene was absolutely amazing! He had everything ready and was early enough to the venue to set all of his things up. We didn’t have to do a thing, he was spot on! All of his cues were perfect and I would not have changed a single thing! He was amazing. 100% recommend him for any Dj needs!

Sent on 09/11/2019

SoundScapes DJ Services's reply:

Megan thank you so much for your very kind words. It was truly an honor being a part of your beautiful wedding. Many blessings to you and your precious husband as you begin your journey together!

Christophers · Married on 08/10/2019

Exceptional

Gene Joy and Sound Scapes DJ services , I can not say enough about you and your company. I have worked with numerous DJ companies over the years and I can truthfully say that I have never been more pleased. It doesn’t matter what the schedule of events says, if It needed to be adjusted on the fly, you were right there with me. You never question, you just adjust and go with the flow, never missing a beat. Other DJ’s want to make the reception about them and their “way” of doing things. Gene Joy is all about what the Bride and Groom want for Their Day. Your equipment is top notch, your presentation is very professional , and most of all the experience is such a delight. Every Bride that I have recommended you to have never had anything to say but rave reviews. I can truly say I would recommend you to anyone who is looking for a DJ , no matter what type of event , You can handle it . If you ever have a prospective customer that needs a recommendation, do not hesitate to have them call. Thanks for making my impression of DJ ‘s change to a positive one and thanks for making my Clients so so happy.
    Christopher
    Christophers
    Gainesville, Georgia

Sent on 08/10/2019

SoundScapes DJ Services's reply:

Christopher, thank you so much for your very kind words. It was truly an honor working with you and your exceptional company. I look forward to working with you again very soon. Thank you again my dear friend for your wonderful words. It was a blessing being a part of your clients special day.

Haley Ferreira · Married on 07/06/2019

Ferreira Wedding at Big Canoe

Mr. Joy is the most wonderful person to work with. From answering every phone call, no matter the time of day, to changing things at the last minute, he was always happy to do so. He makes the whole process very easy and customized to whatever you want. All of the guests at our wedding had an amazing time. We love Mr. Joy (Gene). Israel and I highly recommend him to be your DJ for any event.

Sent on 07/14/2019

Haley and Israel,
    Thank you so much for your very kind words. It was such a blessing being a part of your special day! I wish you both love and happiness as you begin your journey together my friends. Many blessings, Gene

Matthew Deane · Married on 06/15/2019

Amazing DJ!!

Gene Joy with DJ soundscapes, did an amazing job at our wedding. He was very helpful when it came for us deciding on a timeline and music. Not once did I feel rushed or pushed into anything I didnt want. When it came to the day of the wedding he was spot on and hit every special instruction we wanted. I would highly recommend him for his services.

Sent on 06/21/2019

SoundScapes DJ Services's reply:

Matthew thank you so much for your kind words. It was truly a blessing being a part of your beautiful wedding. May God bless you as you serve our incredible country my friend! I hope to see you and Mrs. Deane again soon.

Ryan Norton · Married on 06/08/2019

Amazing DJ!

Gene with SoundScapes is an incredible DJ! He is absolutely one of the kindest people you will ever meet, and is a top-notch professional in is business. Not only does he provide excellent service, he goes above and beyond to give a wedding experience unlike any other! We were blown away by his high-quality set up, which included everything from all of the audio equipment and speakers, sound boards, awesome lighting, and even a huge TV screen used during the reception! The music he plays will have your guests dancing all evening, and everyone will love his amazing personality and character. Book him - you won't regret it!!!

Sent on 07/01/2019
  • Bree

Bree Garris · Married on 06/08/2019

What you want

DJ Gene really listens to what you want and is very flexible with making your wedding reception all about you. You can create your own song list and choose from categories. He brought a TV to allow us to share a video slide show my husband created which was very special to us. He is so friendly, and many of our guests even commented on how he was a really good DJ. I have already recommended his services to other people!

Sent on 07/06/2019

SoundScapes DJ Services's reply:

Bree, you and your husband were absolutely precious. It was such a blessing meeting your families and being a part of your incredible day! Thank you so much for your special words! Many blessings to you and your husband my dear friend!

Madison · Married on 05/25/2019

Gene was flawless! 10/10 would recommend him to our friends and family. He made our big day so special. I could not have asked for a better DJ!!

Sent on 10/14/2018

Kaitlyn Mitchell · Married on 05/11/2019

Great service

Gene was wonderful to work with. He would always respond so quickly and wanted to make sure that everything was perfect for our special day.

Sent on 05/30/2019

SoundScapes DJ Services's reply:

Thank you so much for your very kind words, Kaitlyn. It was wonderful being a part of your beautiful wedding. Blessings to you and your husband my friend!

Lauren Fisher · Married on 05/05/2019

Wonderful DJ!

It was such a pleasure to have DJ Gene play at our wedding! He as so great to work with and never minded when I had changes and things to add. He really added that musical spark to our perfect day!

Sent on 05/16/2019

SoundScapes DJ Services's reply:

Lauren, thank you so much for your very kind words. It was such a blessing meeting you and your husband and being a part of your beautiful wedding day. Blessings to you both my friends!
  • Patrice

Patrice · Married on 05/04/2019

The Best!!!!

DJ Gene is great to work with. Communication was perfect, very professional, worked with us on last minute additions. We would definitely recommend him to anyone!!!!

Sent on 05/13/2019

Patrice,
    It was so wonderful being a part of your beautiful wedding. Your family was so precious. I hope to see you and your dear husband again soon! Blessings and congratulations my dear friend!
  • Dan

Dan Goswick · Married on 04/13/2019

Professional and fun DJ

Gene was very accommodating. He made it very easy for us to figure out what music we wanted during every part of our wedding, as well as giving great suggestions when we needed it. He had multiple setups, one for the ceremony, and one for the reception. He used lapel mics and regular mics so that our guests could hear everything, including our wonderful vows to one another. The sound systems were tuned to sound very clear, and professional. He played all of our requested songs and everyone had a great time! Gene did everything perfectly and helped to make our day special. He genuinely cared about every detail and we couldn’t have ask for any better. His services were well worth the price, and we were 100% satisfied!

Sent on 05/12/2019

SoundScapes DJ Services's reply:

Dan, thank you so much for your wonderful comments. It was truly a blessing being a part of your beautiful wedding. Blessings to you and your precious wife my friend!

Marie Lyle · Married on 04/06/2019

Wedding Day

Gene's service was exceptional. Everything was incredibly smooth and our wedding day went without incident. There were a few last minute adjustments that he accommodated without any trouble. Greatly appreciated his part in making our day go so well!

Sent on 04/08/2019

SoundScapes DJ Services's reply:

Marie, it was such an honor serving you and your precious husband. Thank you so much for allowing me to be a part of your beautiful wedding! Blessings my friend! Gene
  • Michaela

Michaela Williams · Married on 03/11/2019

Beautiful reception, FANTASTIC DJ

Gene was absolutely amazing to work with. He is so kind and down to earth and personalizes your experience the way you want it to be! My husband and I wanted a certain part of the song to be played for the grand entrance and it could not have worked out any better. We loved him so much that next year we would love to have him DJ at our anniversary party. Cannot wait to work with Gene again!!!! Would HIGHLY recommend!

Sent on 11/06/2019

Heather · Married on 03/09/2019

Great value for a fantastic DJ!

DJ Gene Joy was great! I was really lost looking for a DJ, and I didn't know where to start. Luckily my roommate (and bridesmaid) suggested Soundscapes DJ services! Her brother used them for his wedding so I decided to look into DJ Gene Joy's services. The most important thing to me was that he was okay with travelling! His price point was right in my range and included more than what I thought I could get at my budget. He showed up early for soundcheck and was available to talk to during the day, which I appreciated so I could double check pronunciation. He provided lights and the perfect selection of music for the day. I was getting compliments on the DJ for a week after the big day! He is very easy to work with (I'm very particular, and gave him specific time stamps to start/stop music and everything went PERFECTLY) and everyone loved him. One of my favorite things was probably the questionnaire he gives to get a good idea of what you're looking for for your big day. I would absolutely recommend to anyone in the North Georgia area.

Sent on 05/10/2019

SoundScapes DJ Services's reply:

Heather, thank you so much for your very kind and thoughtful words. I was truly blessed to meet you, your husband and families. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your beautiful wedding day! Blessings to you both my friends! Gene

Katie · Married on 11/24/2018

Awesome DJ, highly recommend!!

Gene from Soundscapes was so great to work with from day 1! He is the nicest guy ever, always responds quickly and is very organized. We were a little stressed about getting the song list together for the wedding, but Gene sent a form a few weeks before that basically did the work for us! And for the songs we hadn't already selected, he had a database full of recommendations. Very professional, kind and great at his job. Our reception was so much fun, Gene is a great DJ and also a great emcee throughout the reception events!

Sent on 12/27/2018