SoundScapes DJ Services Reviews

SoundScapes DJ Services 5
SoundScapes DJ Services 6
SoundScapes DJ Services 7

Greg · Getting married on 02/20/2025

What makes a company or a service GREAT is the people behind it. There are not a lot of businesses out there that carry the traits of honesty and integrity. This one does!! Throw in the knowledge, passion and fun and you have the ultimate experience.

Sent on 04/20/2018

Matthew Deane · Married on 06/15/2019

Amazing DJ!!

Gene Joy with DJ soundscapes, did an amazing job at our wedding. He was very helpful when it came for us deciding on a timeline and music. Not once did I feel rushed or pushed into anything I didnt want. When it came to the day of the wedding he was spot on and hit every special instruction we wanted. I would highly recommend him for his services.

Sent on 06/21/2019

SoundScapes DJ Services's reply:

Matthew thank you so much for your kind words. It was truly a blessing being a part of your beautiful wedding. May God bless you as you serve our incredible country my friend! I hope to see you and Mrs. Deane again soon.

Madison · Married on 05/25/2019

Gene was flawless! 10/10 would recommend him to our friends and family. He made our big day so special. I could not have asked for a better DJ!!

Sent on 10/14/2018

Kaitlyn Mitchell · Married on 05/11/2019

Great service

Gene was wonderful to work with. He would always respond so quickly and wanted to make sure that everything was perfect for our special day.

Sent on 05/30/2019

SoundScapes DJ Services's reply:

Thank you so much for your very kind words, Kaitlyn. It was wonderful being a part of your beautiful wedding. Blessings to you and your husband my friend!

Lauren Fisher · Married on 05/05/2019

Wonderful DJ!

It was such a pleasure to have DJ Gene play at our wedding! He as so great to work with and never minded when I had changes and things to add. He really added that musical spark to our perfect day!

Sent on 05/16/2019

SoundScapes DJ Services's reply:

Lauren, thank you so much for your very kind words. It was such a blessing meeting you and your husband and being a part of your beautiful wedding day. Blessings to you both my friends!
  • Patrice

Patrice · Married on 05/04/2019

The Best!!!!

DJ Gene is great to work with. Communication was perfect, very professional, worked with us on last minute additions. We would definitely recommend him to anyone!!!!

Sent on 05/13/2019

Patrice,
    It was so wonderful being a part of your beautiful wedding. Your family was so precious. I hope to see you and your dear husband again soon! Blessings and congratulations my dear friend!
  • Dan

Dan Goswick · Married on 04/13/2019

Professional and fun DJ

Gene was very accommodating. He made it very easy for us to figure out what music we wanted during every part of our wedding, as well as giving great suggestions when we needed it. He had multiple setups, one for the ceremony, and one for the reception. He used lapel mics and regular mics so that our guests could hear everything, including our wonderful vows to one another. The sound systems were tuned to sound very clear, and professional. He played all of our requested songs and everyone had a great time! Gene did everything perfectly and helped to make our day special. He genuinely cared about every detail and we couldn’t have ask for any better. His services were well worth the price, and we were 100% satisfied!

Sent on 05/12/2019

SoundScapes DJ Services's reply:

Dan, thank you so much for your wonderful comments. It was truly a blessing being a part of your beautiful wedding. Blessings to you and your precious wife my friend!

Marie Lyle · Married on 04/06/2019

Wedding Day

Gene's service was exceptional. Everything was incredibly smooth and our wedding day went without incident. There were a few last minute adjustments that he accommodated without any trouble. Greatly appreciated his part in making our day go so well!

Sent on 04/08/2019

SoundScapes DJ Services's reply:

Marie, it was such an honor serving you and your precious husband. Thank you so much for allowing me to be a part of your beautiful wedding! Blessings my friend! Gene

Katie · Married on 11/24/2018

Awesome DJ, highly recommend!!

Gene from Soundscapes was so great to work with from day 1! He is the nicest guy ever, always responds quickly and is very organized. We were a little stressed about getting the song list together for the wedding, but Gene sent a form a few weeks before that basically did the work for us! And for the songs we hadn't already selected, he had a database full of recommendations. Very professional, kind and great at his job. Our reception was so much fun, Gene is a great DJ and also a great emcee throughout the reception events!

Sent on 12/27/2018
  • Tori

Tori · Married on 11/10/2018

Kept the party going!

I had some strange requests for music and a vague description of what I wanted played at the reception and DJ Gene Joy made it happen. He was extremely professional, very responsive, filled in the blanks in my playlist perfectly, and kept my guests on the dance floor all night long. I couldn't have asked for a better time!

Sent on 12/12/2018
    SoundScapes DJ Services 8
    SoundScapes DJ Services 9
    SoundScapes DJ Services 10
    SoundScapes DJ Services 11

Sara · Married on 11/03/2018

Dance the Night Away

Thanks to the talent and amazing work ethic of Gene at SoundScapes, we and our guests danced the night away! Gene did an incredible job reading the crowd and playing a perfect mix of music to get everyone up and dancing throughout the night. Our guests are still talking about how much fun they had. Thanks Gene for adding that special touch and making sure all of our guests, whether they were 2 or 72 had a great time!

Sent on 05/25/2019
    SoundScapes DJ Services 12
    SoundScapes DJ Services 13

SoundScapes DJ Services's reply:

Sara, thank you so much for your wonderful words. It was truly an honor being a part of your beautiful wedding day. It was also a blessing meeting your precious family. Thank you again my dear friend!

Camille · Married on 10/20/2018

Great value and so easy to work with!

Gene did a fantastic job as our DJ for our wedding in October! From the first phone call to the last dance at the reception, he was so easy to work with! He was also very organized during the entire process. Couldn't have asked for a better value and DJ! Would highly recommend Gene for any wedding or special event!

Sent on 11/05/2018

Aubrey · Married on 10/07/2018

Incredible!

Gene was great to work with! He made everything very easy for us. He was also very flexible! He helped my husband pull off a surprise dance with just a few days before the wedding. Incredible service!!

Sent on 10/28/2018

Marjorie · Married on 10/06/2018

We are so thankful that we were able to have SoundScapes DJ services at our son's wedding. Gene did an excellent job. He sent a very detailed questionnaire for my son and his fiancé to complete that included so many details. They were able to tell what songs would be played for every separate event at the reception from the introductions of the wedding party, the father/daughter dance, all the way to the cake cutting ceremony. The ceremony went perfectly, and all those in attendance were able to hear the ceremony even though it was at a large outdoor amphitheater. Gene worked extremely well with the wedding coordinator for all aspects of the ceremony and reception. We could not have been more pleased!! Thank you so much for a wonderful experience that really helped the day go smoothly. You guys are the BEST!!

Sent on 10/14/2018

Jeremiah Reed · Married on 10/06/2018

Gene was awesome!

Gene was the absolute best! My wife and I couldn’t have found a more professional DJ service. Everything went so smoothly and I could not be more appreciative of Gene. Thank you so much!

Sent on 10/15/2018

Brittaney Cook · Married on 09/29/2018

Amazing experience

Gene DJ'ed my wedding in September and did an absolutely outstanding job! He was professional and on time and made the reception unforgettable! He communicated very well with me leading up to the wedding and I had no worries beforehand. Will definitely recommend him to friends!

Sent on 10/15/2018

John · Married on 09/15/2018

Soundscapes DJ Services was recommended to us for our wedding and the first time I spoke with Gene We knew we that we would want him to be the one to DJ at our wedding! He checked in often to make sure we did not need any help as well. When we showed up at the venue he had already arrived for sound check and to make sure everything was in working order! From the moment our guests arrived until they left after the last dance, they were on point. Every song we requested was played and every announcement at the exact time we wanted! We will definitely used Soundscapes DJ services for any future needs we may need! They are very dependable and friendly! We definitely HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!

Sent on 09/18/2018
  • W

Whitney · Married on 09/08/2018

Gene is one of the best! He is very well organized and his main concern is making sure everything goes smoothly! Any little changes I needed to make he did right away! Such a thoughtful and caring soul Gene is. I would recommend him for all your DJ needs! Thanks again Gene for making our special day the best!

Sent on 09/11/2018

Brittany · Married on 07/28/2018

Loved using them !!!! They were awesome at our wedding even in the hot heat they pulled through ! Highly recommend ! The owner is super super sweet and showed my husband major appreciate for his job in the marine corps !

Sent on 07/30/2018

Seth · Married on 07/28/2018

It was absolutely perfect for our wedding on the river side from the day we decided to hire them to the set up and tear down of their equipment, communication and planning didn’t skip a beat. The difference a good DJ can make in any ceremony is huge and in this case it was perfect and couldn’t have went better. Weddings are usually chaos and you never know how the tempo of things may change and in our case no matter what happened they were on top of things and didn’t skip a beat! Couldn’t thank them enough for the job they did or recommend them any stronger for any wedding/ceremony.

Sent on 07/30/2018

Rebecca · Married on 07/14/2018

Mr. Gene was so kind and helpful during the entire process. He ensures that your requests and needs are met for the big day. He was so good to continually check in on us and be of assistance. We didn’t have to worry about whether or not the music would be good because it was in fact, awesome. We totally recommend SoundScapes DJ services to any couples looking for affordable, high quality services for their wedding day.

Sent on 07/16/2018

Hope · Married on 06/09/2018

Gene was wonderful and fun! No one could resist getting up and dancing at the wedding! he had every guest on the dance floor!!

Sent on 06/12/2018

Monica · event on 05/18/2018

Gene Joy and Soundscape DJ Services were Awesome. I can not begin to express how prompt, professional, courteous and fun they were. Gene and Noble truly were a blessing to our event. It was so nice to have everything go so smoothly. We could not have picked a better DJ for our sons Law School Graduation Party. I would recommend Gene for any event that someone may have. They were awesome!!!

Sent on 05/23/2018
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 05/12/2018

Gene is amazing. He is very quick to respond, extremely kind and understanding of edits if you are like me and had a last minute adjustment or two. He is great to be around. Personable to all guests and went out of his way, above and beyond the call of duty. He handled the planning process with utmost professionalism and grace. Great person to work with and be around.

Sent on 05/15/2018