Soundsational DJ Entertainment Reviews

3.0
      2.0
      1.5

What went wrong:

1. He never played our walkout song – he just continued playing the bridal party entrance song as he announced us.

2. He messed up our first dance song by playing the wrong version, which cut off early – we still had a full minute of choreographed dancing left to do. Our first dance song was a blend of two songs – the first part of the song was a slow song and then halfway through that song it was supposed to break out into a different/faster song that we had a choreographed salsa dance for. We approved Steve’s mix of the two songs about two weeks before the wedding via email. He made a perfect blend of the songs on his second try – instead he played the song from his first attempt that cut off a minute too early.

We asked him to make an announcement at the end of dinner that “the bride & groom had unfinished business” and play just the portion of the faster 2nd song so we could do our choreographed dance. He had deleted the correct version of our first dance, so I had to leave the reception to go get my iPhone in the bridal suite so that he could use the sound file that he had emailed to me. I’m glad we still got to finish our dance, but it unfortunately it was a little anticlimactic because we already obviously had a breakout song and that surprise was totally ruined.

3. He forgot about the bouquet giveaway. In lieu of a bouquet toss, I did the anniversary dance with the intention of presenting my bouquet to the couple that has been together the longest (knowing that my 90 year old grandparents who have been married for 64 years would win). I was standing on the side of the dance floor, holding my bouquet, and waiting for Steve to either make the announcement himself or hand me the microphone - I was only about 6-8 feet away from my grandparents and the DJ (and I was the ONLY other person on the dance floor). Steve congratulated them on 64 years of marriage AND THEN WALKED AWAY. I literally had to run after him while yelling “wait wait wait” and he didn’t hear me until he had made it all the way to the other side of the dance floor. He gave me the microphone and I made a quick announcement about the bouquet giveaway, which my grandparents didn’t even hear because they were already starting to sit down at their table. It completely ruined the moment.

4. We asked him to play (exclusively) Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, and big band music during dinner. He played oldies instead and only mixed in 3 Frank/Dean genre songs.

What he did well:

1. He did abide by our must play & don’t play list.

2. The dance floor was packed and he played great music during the dancing portion of the reception.

3. Our best man told us about 5 days before the wedding that he was doing a slideshow during his speech and that he picked out two songs that wanted the DJ to play as background music during the slideshow. I emailed Steve about this and he was able to make it happen – even with the last minute notice. (Although he did play those two songs in the reverse order of how they were requested.)

Overall, I think that he was unprepared for our wedding, and wasn't overly concerned with what we wanted. He was great with the music selection for dancing, but the mistakes that he made were big ones. As a result I would not recommend using this DJ service.

Sent on 09/27/2011