SoundMasters DJ Entertainment Reviews

SoundMasters DJ Entertainment 5
SoundMasters DJ Entertainment 6
SoundMasters DJ Entertainment 7

Rachel Harrison · Married on 02/09/2019

An experienced professional who knew exactly what was needed in order to make our wedding reception amazing.

Mike was amazing. He made our wedding a fun and memorable event for everyone. He was extremely professional, kept the night running smoothly, and knew how to read the crowd and play music that got people up and dancing. We couldn’t be happier with the end result. Would put 10/10 stars if it were an option.

Gaurang Mehra · Married on 10/28/2018

Great service, nice music, kept the party going

Mike is a great DJ. He controlled the flow of events like a master, made sure everyone had fun. The dance floor was full throughout. A master of reading the mood of the crowd and a man who knows his craft.

Trent Gunter · Married on 10/26/2018

Excellent on all fronts

Would highly recommend this DJ for your event. He was professional, personable, easy to work with and made our event memorable. He was able and willing to honor all the little things we asked for to make out ceremony special. He even recommended several different options that we would have ever thought of that made our reception fun. Give this fella a chance, you won't be disappointed.

Rachel · Married on 10/21/2018

Mike is an amazing DJ

Mike is so much more than a DJ. He is just hands down amazing. Everyone keeps talking about him from the wedding. I highly recommend him! You will not be sorry!

Sent on 11/04/2018

SoundMasters DJ Entertainment's reply:

Hello Rachel,

I greatly appreciate you taking the time to leave me such a great review and I equally appreciate you allowing me to be a part of your wedding day and for using my MC/DJ Services.

May GOD continue to bless the both of you in your marriage and all that you do.

Sincerely,
    Mike McCandless
    SoundMasters DJ Entertainment

Renee · Married on 09/08/2018

Amazing, professional, fun!

If you want to have a great time at your wedding hire DJ Mike McCandless!!! One of my friends got married In 2016, at the time We we’re engaged and looking for a DJ for our special day. We absolutely loved him. Got his card and kept it until it was our time! which happened 2 years later September 8, 2018.
    DJ Mike is great! He’s funny, very professional, and knows how to get the party started and rocking!
    We got married out at our local lake in Sherman TX and he had told us that he had never been out there before. Everything went great. Being outside and right by the lake I figured it would be hard to hear the music and talking but the music was perfect and DJ Mike had mircrophones for our officiant and husband and everyone could hear everything perfectly!
    When we had our grand entrance for the wedding reception man what a roar! He must of been playing some really good jams while we were taking our pictures because the crowd was ready to party!!! DJ Mike even made 2 plates of food for me and my hubby!! Not only is he very professional but he is also very thoughtful!

We played a few games during the reception. A how well do the bride and groom know each other? with instead of shoes we played with a bride and groom Barbie. Our people at the reception loved that! Everyone was cracking up! And we even played a game where we went around took pictures with every single one of our tables which was a great idea! He also did a longest married couple dance which was neat! Everyone including me and my hubby danced the night away!

All I can say is If you want to have a great time hire DJ Mike McCandless you will not be disappointed! He is amazing, professional and so fun!!!

Sent on 11/04/2018
    SoundMasters DJ Entertainment 15
    SoundMasters DJ Entertainment 16

SoundMasters DJ Entertainment's reply:

Hello Renee,

I greatly appreciate you taking the time to review my DJ services and for your very kinds words. May you be truly blessed in your marriage.

Sincerely,
    Mike McCandless
    SoundMasters DJ Entertainment

Megan · Married on 11/25/2017

SoundMasters DJ was a wonderful addition to our wedding! Mike was personable and reached out to us several times before the big day to coordinate the reception order and playlist. I would highly recommend him for future brides in the DFW area!

Helen · Married on 11/25/2017

Mike did an outstanding job for my daughter's wedding. He added to the fun of the occasion with not only music but a great newlywed game that was a huge hit with the crowd. As the mom of the bride, I appreciated that he always responded immediately to all questions by email and/or phone as we planned the event. This along with a very reasonable rate for the day was his weight in gold for a stress free vendor.

• Emily

Emily · Married on 10/28/2017

Mike was so easy to work with and plan our wedding. We look forward to seeing how great our wedding next October will be.

Kelsi · Married on 10/08/2017

Mike was very easy to work with and helped make our big day perfect! He helped make sure the night went on the timeline without a hitch and personalized every song selection.

Curt · Married on 09/29/2017

I know when you max out the ratings it doesn't appear real, but Mike is such a great persona and did such a phenomenal job with my daughters wedding I wouldn't know where to rate him less than fantastic.

Mike was the DJ for my daughter's wedding and even though we spent 10 months planning all the details and had very high expectations for the ceremony and reception, the actual event was better than we expected and Mike was a big part of that. He spent quality time in advance working with me and my daughter to make sure he was on the same page with music and the overall flow of the reception. And Mike can and will (if asked) help out in all areas of the wedding. He's got great recommendations for all the other functions you might hire (photographer, catering, car, dress, etc.).

He also doesn't do anything that would be dumb, awkward, or anything like that to make the wedding party or anyone else there uncomfortable. Mike was also our MC for the reception and was so relaxed, comfortable, and the right amount of humor and respect. Also two days before the wedding I got cold feet about using the venue's sound for the ceremony and ask Mike and it was no problem for him to step in and take care of it. I would recommend Mike for the sound at the ceremony in addition to taking care of everything at the ceremony. Mike helps out everywhere he can and he was a blessing to be a part of one of the most special events in our families lives.

SoundMasters DJ Entertainment 17
    SoundMasters DJ Entertainment 18
    SoundMasters DJ Entertainment 19
    SoundMasters DJ Entertainment 20
    SoundMasters DJ Entertainment 21
    SoundMasters DJ Entertainment 22
    SoundMasters DJ Entertainment 23

LARRY · Married on 09/24/2017

MIKE IS ON THE BALL! He read the crowd, and gave them exactly what they wanted to dance to. The night started out with pop/party music, but in the middle of the evening there was a sudden shift to country music that was first requested by one of the guests that packed the floor. Instead of switching back to pop/party, Mike continued to 'feed' them great county dancing songs. After a bit, the floor thinned out, so he moved back to pop/dance, and filled the floor again. He could not have provided better music for our pary/wedding celebration.
    ALSO - let me add that he is on top of it always - as the father of the bride I had speaking requirements, necessitating the use of a wireless mic. My voice began to cut out, and what I didn't realize was that I was inadvertently pressing the mute button. SO, instead of embarrassing me like most DJs would have and hollering at me that I was basically goofing up myself, he runs out to me and hands me a different mic to make it look like it was a mic problem instead of a goofy me problem.

I have been a DJ in my past, and have worked audio at my church for many years. THIS GUY KNOWS HIS STUFF!

Laura · Married on 09/24/2017

Mike was absolutely amazing for our wedding. He is a top notch DJ and an even better person. We truly got to know him and could not have imagined our wedding without him. He did music for our ceremony and reception. Everything was better than we could have expected and he exceeded our expectations!

• W

Wah · Married on 09/09/2017

Mike was a pleasure to work with for our wedding and reception. He is a lot of fun and an all around great guy. We are so glad that we picked Mike as our DJ. He made everything so easy and simple. He played the music we requested and also knew exactly what to do to get people dancing! We would recommend Mike as a DJ to anyone!

Hannah · Married on 08/05/2017

Mike was a great wedding dj!! He was very easy to communicate with and on the day of he definitely went above the duties of a dj. He checked in with us throughout the reception, brought us water and was always there to help.

Dana · Married on 08/04/2017

Mike was the best ! He officiated and DJ'd our wedding! He consistently asked us if we needed anything through out the wedding process, and gave us so many awesome suggestions to help us with our wedding. He was very professional, caring, and went above and beyond as a DJ. We were so lucky to have him as a part of our special day!

Kim · Married on 08/02/2017

Mike is awesome! We were so pleased!!! He is so experienced...no need to worry if you book him!! Amazing!!!!!!!!!!

Alyssa · Married on 05/21/2017

My Husband and I literally couldn't have asked for a better DJ! Mike was great! He was so much more than just a typical DJ. I didn't have a wedding planner or anything, so I was pretty much on my own and he literally helped on all aspects! He made sure everything was taken care of. He played all the songs we wanted and made sure the dance floor was full! I'd recommend him to anyone!! He was more than great!!

Kim · Married on 05/13/2017

There is simply no one better to DJ your event!!

Megan · Married on 05/05/2017

Mike is awesome! So happy that He was referred to us. Thank you so much again.

Brittanie · Married on 05/28/2016

Mike did an amazing job at my wedding. He is very professional and provides everything I needed and more! He kept a great flow, was very organized, and all my guests had the best time and only had great things to say about the music! He was everywhere at once, he even made sure my husband and I had a plate to eat and served us drinks! He made the party so fun and I cannot recommend him enough! He is a great person that I would recommend to any bride and groom, mike will MAKE the entire reception amazing!

Daniel · Married on 05/06/2016

Mike was just the best DJ anyone could ask for. I don't need to write a long review to describe his unmatchable service and quality. If you want your wedding to have the best DJ in DFW, then just go with Mike and don't waste your time looking elsewhere.

Catherine · Married on 04/09/2016

I cannot recommend Mike from SoundMasters enough. I was told music can easily make or break the wedding, and that is so true because Mike definitely MADE my wedding. He has a very thorough (but not time consuming) web form to fill out, and we had a couple of conversations. He played all my favorites and I loved the music from start to end.

Not only was his music selection perfect, but he really kept the event together and made sure everything stayed on track through out the night. He even gave me a heads up before certain events (father daughter dance, ect), so I could wrap up whatever conversation I was in the middle in without being rude/caught off guard. It was so nice to not have to worry about about the timing. We even forgot to cut our first dance song ahead of time and we didn't realize it until the middle of the dance. All I had to do was give him a nod and he knew what to do!

I kid you not-everyone who was at our wedding raved about our music. And on top of that Mike is the perfect gentleman. He is courteous, professional and is so passionate about what he does. You can not go wrong with him and will be so happy!

Debra · Married on 02/16/2016

Mike was awesome and he really livened up the crowd. I thoroughly enjoyed his skills and performance and will use his service again in the near future. Check him out!

Rachel · Married on 01/16/2016

Mike was awesome! He is really what tied my wedding together. It's like he was everywhere at once making sure things were going smoothly. I would totally recommend him for any event. I got lots of compliments about how good he was at the wedding as well. You should definitely book SoundMasters!