Sound Wave Entertainment Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner

Shelby A. Married on 09/25/2021

Amazing DJ!!

Andrew with SoundWave is absolutely amazing! He kept my guests dancing and happy all night for my wedding! He kept the beat perfect throughout the night and made it a priority to keep us happy and dancing!! So glad we could have Andrew be our DJ!!
  • Andrew
    Andrew K. Married on 08/09/2021

Incredible DJ, highly recommend

Andrew Evans over at Soundwave Entertainment was amazing to work with. He was super flexible with us throughout the whole process planning for our wedding and he delivered exactly what we asked of him on the big day. The value was great too...Andrew was very honest with us about his prices. The worksheet Andrew sent to us after we booked him to help him prepare for our event (timing of cocktail hour/reception/speeches/first dance/ect.) was so detailed that we used it ourselves to plan out our big day, which was a HUGE help as we did not have a wedding planner help us.

Can't recommend Soundwave enough!

Hi Andrew and Carley!

Thank you so much for your amazing review and feedback! I had so much fun at your wedding and the toast by your best man was amazing! I sincerely thank both of you for choosing Sound Wave Entertainment and I’m so happy we were able to make your day a success!
    M C Married on 06/26/2021

Highly recommended

Andrew from Soundwave Entertainment was a fantastic DJ to work with. He was professional, responsive, and kind. He kept track of all music requests and guided us through the planning process. When we hired him, he sent over a detailed worksheet where we could provide song selections for pre-ceremony, ceremony, cocktail hour, and all the various parts of the reception, which was very helpful. And our guests had a wonderful time on the dance floor!
    Paige Married on 05/15/2021

Our amazing Wedding 5.15.21

SoundWave Entertainment is a must when deciding a DJ for your wedding or special event!
    Andrew was so kind, spot on & flexible with alllll of the changes thanks to Covid. He did an awesome job customizing lighting to our wedding. We left the music choice up to him after all the special moments during our wedding and he had our guests up and dancing. Please reach out to him if you need a DJ, you will not be disappointed!!
  • Kristen
    Kristen K. Married on 10/10/2020

Soundwave Entertainment took our entire wedding experience to the next level!

Andrew with Sound Wave Entertainment was incredible to work with! We had several out-of-the-ordinary needs for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception, and he made it all happen seamlessly. When it came to the dance floor, he read the room so well and created such a fun atmosphere that kept people out on the floor all night. He even managed to snap a few candid shots of the reception that he sent us the next day that we loved! Would HIGHLY recommend to anyone!
  • Alexandra
    Alexandra H. Married on 10/03/2020

Absolutely the best!

I seriously cannot say enough good things about Andrew at Sound Wave Entertainment. He’s super sweet, responsive, and helpful. Even as we were lining us for introductions for our wedding, the bridal party was throwing curveballs, and Andrew just said “no problem!” You’d have no idea that there were any last minute changes. We would get sidetracked, and Andrew kept us right on schedule. I’m seriously recommending him to everyone. Planning a wedding during a pandemic isn’t easy, so having awesome vendors helps a ton. Thank you so so much Andrew! We seriously can’t thank you enough!

Hi Alex and Dave!

What an amazing review thank you so much! I am glad everyone had a great time at your wedding and thank you for selecting us to be apart of your special day. Best wishes to both of you and enjoy your honeymoon!!
  • Jordan
    Jordan B. Married on 09/13/2020

Amazing DJ at Indoor/Outdoor Venue

Our wedding and the music/setup was incredible. We planned for a venue that would transition from an indoor to mostly outdoor timeline and it was perfect. We want to extend our sincere thanks to Andrew and our DJ Emjay for answering our questions, playing and suggesting the music we were looking for, and even paying attention to the flow of the night and music requests. Everyone had a wonderful time.

Sound Wave Entertainment's reply:

Hi Jordan and Justin! Thank you so much for your amazing feedback. We are so excited that your guests had an amazing time and that Emjay provided the quality of service we strive for during each and every wedding. Best wishes to the both of you!
  • William and Danielle
    Danielle Married on 07/11/2020

Original Wedding Date to Postponement Date

Andrew was phenomenal to work with throughout the whole process! He is very kind, and professional. He likes to genuinely get to know his customers as a person to get an idea of what everyone likes or dislikes. I worked with him for 2 years and when I needed advice or just needed to talk about ideas that I had he responded immediately. He will make sure your wedding day goes smoothly by contacting you to be sure he has all the right information that you requested. I honestly had no worries or stress wondering if my DJ were to mess up. My wedding only had one hiccup and it was unrelated to the DJ. With needing to postpone because of COVID-19 I was only stressing over if Hogan would change the state guidelines before our wedding (again). Andrew was honestly very calm about the postponement and went beyond what I had expected. He told me if I were to pick a date that he was already booked for and they did not "request" him specifically, then he would have his coworker work that event and he would work mine. If you want a DJ that can be both friendly and professional, I would highly recommend Sound Wave Entertainment because they do not see you as a dollar sign.

Sound Wave Entertainment's reply:

Thank do you much for your kind words Danielle and congratulations again to you and Justin! We had so much fun at your wedding and can’t thank you enough for choosing us to be apart of your special day!
  • Paige
    Paige K. Married on 12/21/2019

Awesome Wedding

Andrew was the DJ at our wedding on December 21, 2019. He was responsive to emails and was professional in all encounters. Our wedding was a blast! There were people on the dance floor all night long. Andrew did a great job accommodating to various music tastes while keeping the party going. Highly recommend!
  • Rachel
    Rachel H. Married on 12/14/2019

Communicative & Intuitive DJ

Andrew was a pleasure to work with throughout the wedding planning process! In the months leading up to our wedding he was very helpful and easy to reach while I was figuring out the details of our wedding reception. He was very thorough & detail oriented --wanting to make sure he understood exactly what I wanted for particular things, and also that he was pronouncing all of our bridal party's names correctly! He was great about reading the crowd throughout the reception, and would politely check in with me when he had the opportunity to make sure we were happy with how he was running things (we had a few "surprises" planned throughout the reception). He was really integral in making sure that our reception was a fun experience for our guests!
  • Katie
    Katie S. Married on 11/15/2019

Amazing !!!

Andrew was phenomenal ! He did a great job with everything we asked him to do. He had my guests dancing all night long!

Katie,

It was such a pleasure to be apart of your special day! Thank you so much and best wishes to you and James!!
  • Rachel
    Rachel Married on 11/10/2019

A memorable experience!

We couldn’t be more thrilled with Sound Wave Entertainment and their hard work to make our wedding a blast. Andrew had our guests on the dance floor all evening. People of all ages were into it. He was kind, communicated with us prior to the event and throughout the evening to keep things running smoothly. You can tell he loves what he does. He’s truly a pleasure to work with. Not hiring Sound Wave is a true loss for your event - trust me! You want to do this!

Rachel and Jonathan,

What an amazing day your wedding was! I can't thank you enough for allowing Sound Wave Entertainment to be apart of it and we are overjoyed to read your kind words and comments!

• Chelsie
    Chelsie G. Married on 10/19/2019

Wonderful Experience

Andrew was professional and great to work with! Our email conversations were prompt and he covered all the things my now husband and I had questions about. The detailed form Andrew emailed to us made choosing music for the wedding easier than I thought it would be. During the wedding reception he did a wonderful job keeping the guests on their feet on the dance floor and enjoying the wedding! Andrew went above our expectations and I would gladly recommend them to anyone looking for a wedding or event DJ.
  • Nicole
    Nicole Married on 10/05/2019

Best Wedding DJ we could have asked for!

Andrew was so incredible as a DJ and is so helpful throughout the process of planning for the big day! He is so nice and easy to talk to. He makes your day extra special and works with any extra things you want for your day! He goes above and beyond and if anyone I know needs a DJ he will be the first name I recommend! Truly a great DJ and cannot thank you enough for everything!!

Nicole and Dylan!

Thank you both so much for allowing Sound Wave Entertainment to be a part of your special day! I hope we made it a truly memorable and magical day for your both and I'm so happy to read this review! I wish you two the best!

• Kelcey
    Kelcey C. Married on 09/15/2019

Amazing Service and Price!!

Andrew delivered everything he promised and more the day of the wedding!! Our venue had a complicated setup with a ceremony on the beach and then a reception that was divided up with an indoor and outdoor area, but Andrew was able to work with us through it all. Even when things on our end fell behind schedule, Andrew was able to roll with in kept the energy high and the party moving all night long!!
    Charles K. Married on 08/10/2019

Awesome job

Andrew did a great job organizing and coordinating the pricing, contract, etc. Our actual DJ on the day of the event was Mike, and he did a great job executing, playing the right music, and make sure the vibe was party-like but not overly obnoxious. Both of them were very responsive to our questions, and were able to customize a package tailored towards our needs. Highly recommend!
    John W. Married on 08/03/2019

Great service

Andrew did an excellent job as a DJ for our wedding. He was very professional and flexible when our wedding didn’t go as plan.

The biggest thing we appreciated was when the next event was going to be announced, Andrew would confirm with us that we were ready allowing us to prepare what we were doing next.

The music was great, we had Andrew play music through the ceremony and reception. He played everything that was asked for and provided appropriate music for the entire wedding.

Hi John and Lydia,

Thanks for the kind words! We are super happy we were able to provide our services to you and your family. We hope to work with you again soon!

Regards,
    Mike Married on 06/29/2019

Fantastic wedding entertainment

The biggest task I had during wedding planning was to find a good dj. My amazing wife took on responsibility for most everything else. Having really only one job, I could not afford to fail. After talking with many DJs and listening to clips from their performances, it was clear to me that SWE was the way to go. Andrew was very flexible and nailed both mine, my wife's, and our guest's music taste. We gave Andrew a couple of must play songs but mostly just gave him free reign to play what he felt the crowd would like. He did not disappoint. The dance floor was packed the entire evening and we received countless praises for the DJ from our guests. If you and your guests enjoy dancing and appreciate when songs are mixed well, SWE is a great choice. If I am ever in need of a DJ again, I would not hesitate to call SWE.

Sound Wave Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words. Your wedding was so much fun and I had a blast being your DJ.

Mike, I did not know that this was your primary objective and I'm glad we did not disappoint!! Best wish to you both and we hope to work with you again!

• Virginia
    Virginia F. Married on 06/24/2019

Simply amazing

We had an absolutely flawless experience with Andrew and Soundwave. He was incredibly professional, organized, flexible with last minute changes, and just an all around pleasant individual to work with. He even took the time prior to our arrival to inquire with our guests about the volume level. I would highly recommend Soundwave to future couples!

Sound Wave Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback! We hope to work with you again and congratulations on your new life together!!

• Leah
    Leah Married on 06/15/2019

Great DJ - professional to work with and so friendly and helpfuk

Andrew Evans of SWE was our DJ for our wedding in June 2019. He went above and beyond to help make our event great - even helping to edit a video we used for the Father/Daughter dance. Only mistake was using the long version of the song for our First Dance, which was supposed to be an edited, short version I’d provided. But luckily we’d practiced plenty so we just added a few moves to fill the time. But Andrew was so kind and helpful and attentive throughout the event. I would definitely recommend him highly and certainly would hire SWE again!

Sound Wave Entertainment's reply:

Thank you both so much for this wonderful feedback! Your wedding was amazing! Best wishes and we hope to work with you again!

Ashley Married on 06/01/2019

Sound Wave Entertainment

Andrew was great to work with for our wedding! He answered all our questions and was quick to respond. He arrived early to set up and got everyone on the dancefloor. He even took a few pictures and shared them with us which was greatly appreciated! Definitely would recommend him!

Ashely and Kyle,

Thank you so much! I had a so much fun at your wedding and you both made me feel like one of your guests rather than your DJ!

Best wishes!
  • Heather
    Heather Married on 06/01/2019

Made our wedding one huge party!

Andrew was not available for our wedding, so we worked with a DJ named Mike. I am SO glad we got to work with Mike - he was absolutely amazing and kept my guests dancing all night. He took requests and knew how to play to the crowd. It was so obvious he loves what he does, he was having a great time when my guests were, even dancing with them at his table! He was involved and communicative and made sure everything went perfectly. All of my friends raved about how awesome he was and how much fun they had. I would definitely recommend Soundwave Entertainment and Mike to anyone!

Sound Wave Entertainment's reply:

Thanks so much for your kind feedback Heather! We are glad that you and your guests had an amazing time! Best wishes to you and Sean!
  • Y
    Claire Married on 05/25/2019

Get your guests dancing!

Mike was our DJ and we totally recommend him! He somehow got our guests to start dancing which I never thought was possible! They also have a large selection of music to pick from and have a planning sheet to make sure that everything runs on time. Mike was a great MC! Ps. Sound Wave Entertainment was the best value that we found in the DMV area with good reviews.

Hi Yaeji,

Thank you so much for your positive comments and kind review! We wish you and Richard the best and thank you so much for your business!

Kind regards!
  • William
    William A. Married on 04/06/2019

Very professional and helpful

Andrew was incredible from start to finish. Best of all was his professionalism. My wife and I planned a lot of our wedding and having a DJ that was very responsive and organized was a huge plus. It made our lives a lot easier and we both appreciate his help. I would recommend him for your wedding/event. I cannot think of anything negative from our experience.