46 Reviews for Sound Source Seattle

Uplighting (2)
Liability Insurance (1)
One Event Per Day (1)
38 Sound Source Seattle Reviews

Working with Canon and Amberley was an absolute joy; we cannot imagine our wedding without them! Canon is the most fun and gracious emcee you could possibly choose for your wedding while Amberley's planning skills and attention to detail will ensure that everything goes without a single hitch. Their experience shows in their work. Our friends and family came up to us and asked how we found such a wonderful DJ/emcee and planner. Canon made the wedding an absolute blast while Amberley managed anything and everything that came up.

Leading up to our wedding, they helped us plan, create a timeline and work in some magical touches in our ceremony! Canon and Amberley met with us several times to walk through every detail and to make sure that we had thought of everything. We simply cannot recommend them enough!

Profile Picture Rishav, 5/20/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer, Wedding Planning

I was recommended to Sound Source Seattle by a friend who hired them for her son’s wedding. She showed me a few pictures and videos that really showed they were something special. We just had no idea how special! Canon took extra time to get to know David and me and really got a feeling for what we wanted for our special day. The day of I was not stressed at all! Everything was timed and planned perfectly (without the scheduled feel a lot of wedding have). Amberley (Canon’s wife/our DJ) has a true talent when it comes to song selection. She can read the room and know exactly what song will fit. Canon’s talent, quite frankly, is not a talent you see anymore! Canon had everyone laughing and involved. Canon and Amberley will make your wedding one of a kind! We are still getting comments about how our wedding was so fun and the best anyone has ever been to. A Bride’s dream! Don’t let any price scare you because they can charge hundreds more and still be worth every penny! The absolute best decision and investment we made for our wedding. You won’t be sorry.

Profile Picture Amanda, 1/13/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Entertainer, Unique Services (Other)

When we started planning our wedding, we knew we wanted something a little different. Canon and Amberley helped us create a celebration that honored our closest family and friends as a huge part of our relationship. Afterwards we heard from many of our guests that it was the most incredible wedding they'd ever attended. It was truly magical, and we credit much of it to the efforts of Canon, working with us to make our vision a reality, and to both of them for pulling it off flawlessly.

Profile Picture Nancy, 9/10/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

The wedding would have not been nearly as perfect without your invaluable help, thank you!

Photo for Sound Source Seattle Review - The Sock Monkey Game
Profile Picture Ronda, 7/22/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Sound source was amazing, very professional, and super fun to work with! I would highly recommend them parties and events! Check out their website!

Profile Picture Stacy, 4/22/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I can't even say enough good things about Canon and Amberly! Canon was recommended to us by a friend, and he was the best investment we could have possibly made in our wedding. He helped with the planning process and really steered the direction and vibe of our whole day. He was the perfect mix of wedding coordinator, emcee, and DJ. When I got bogged down in ridiculous wedding details, he was there to help guide me while still respecting all of our wishes. He was an integral part of the both the planning process and the actual wedding.

Our reception was an absolute blast! Canon made the flow work really well, so that people went to where they were supposed to be. He kept people engaged by doing fun and unexpected things. The music was fun and exactly what we wanted. Canon even saved me from and unexpected wedding meltdown, which certainly wasn't in his job description. He truly went above and beyond to make our wedding a special day, and we have received countless compliments on how great he was.

Profile Picture Sarah, 7/16/16, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

We are forever thankful and grateful to Canon and his wife Amberley for being a part of our wedding. They were a huge reason for the success our our special day because what they provide is not just a service and when you're done working with them, you won't think of them as a DJ or vendor... they are so much more. We met with Canon a handful of times before our wedding and he took the time to get to know us as people and he got to know our music likes and dislikes through our personalities. He helped us create a thorough timeline for our ceremony and reception and gave us the comfort knowing the biggest day of our lives was in good hands. Canon and Amberley are incredibly friendly, funny, professional, thorough and easy going. The actual music that was played at our wedding was just the tip of the iceberg of what they provided. We played a shoe game with hand puppets and Canon was definitely in his element because he had the room cracking up. We also did mad libs to release certain tables to the buffet and it was a huge hit. All of our friends and family were asking us where we found Canon and Amberley because they were so great. They aren't just a DJ service... they were a planner, coordinator, host, DJ and now forever friends to my wife and I. It's also clear that they don't just look at themselves as just a DJ either. This is their passion and that's evident in the final product they provide and the way they prepare for it. We couldn't be happier with our decision to hire Canon and Amberley and we will be recommending them to all our friends who get married.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 1/16/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Cannon and Amberley were beyond words wonderful. Cannon did a great job reflecting our personalities in his selection of music and just the way he talked during the reception. He was entertaining and his excitement keep the crowd involved in our reception. Amberley was so wonderful with my wife especially keeping her on track. My wife had a tendency to worry about things farther down the road. Amberley was very gentle with her and said no, no we worry about that in Oct. what we need to talk about now is blank. Out day could not have gone so smooth without such a great team. Cannon and Amberley work so well together there is such trust between them, that you can see not one detail is ever forgotten.
Amberley was really good about meeting with us often and reminding us what we needed to be doing when. I don't know that we could have done it without her.

Profile Picture Tammy, 11/7/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Wedding Planning

Great professional team that made our wedding day unforgettable. Thank you so much!

Profile Picture Ben, 9/12/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Canon was absolutely wonderful. He's great at his job and you can tell he loves what he does. He was very responsive and accommodating to all of my needs and very helpful when I had any questions or needing anything changed for our wedding. He also goes above and beyond and helps with timeline planning and makes great suggestions from past experiences. He truly wants his bride and groom to have the best day of their lives and wants to make sure this happens. The day of was a blast! I've had so many comments since on how great Canon and his wife were at creating a fun party atmosphere. I am so happy I went with them, and will refer all of my friends to them in the future.

Profile Picture User5515231, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Everything asked for was delivered and more by Cannon and his team. Great engagement with the audience; he'll deliver (from games to special requests) as much or as little to suit your needs. That said, I would encourage you to allow Cannon and Sound Source to get involved with your audience and ensure they have a great experience. Highly recommend if you are looking for a professional in this arena.

Profile Picture User5484218, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Canon was amazing! Helped us from the very beginning of our wedding planning he is very organized and thinks of everything! The day of the wedding he ran everything flawlessly and kept the night moving never an awkward silence or pause. Even our guest had compliments about how well the evening was ran and how Canon kept the guests involved! We would recommend Canon to anyone! We have zero complaints! Our day was truly prefect!

Profile Picture Erin, 7/24/15, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Canon is an awesome! He and his wife are a dynamic duo! They always play the music that you want and make sure you and your guests are having a great time.

Profile Picture Britney, 7/19/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We loved Sound source! They were on time, very good at what they do and really listened to our wants as well as read the energy of the guests. Truly, our wedding was awesome because of them!

Profile Picture Andrea, 6/27/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Canon was amazing. He is worth the cost for his service. He was able for 2 hours to have a group of boys and girls of different ages be engage in unique games and made our bar mitzvah a success. He has tons of experience with different types of audiences and knows how to make the party a success.

Profile Picture Yael, 5/16/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Book Canon NOW before he fills up!! This guy MADE our wedding-- Hands down our best vendor!

A little pricey BUT you get TWO dj's for your $ as he & his wife work as a team (= 1 DJ behind the booth all night (ie no pre-recorded sets), and an MC who's free to move the venue as needed. Very nice during toasts, etc.). He also drove an hour to meet with us multiple times - 5 mins from our house. :)

We called him our Wedding Coordinator cus he literally had a hand in every single piece of our event. From working out the serving timeline with our caterer to mapping the layout with our venue to bustling my gown (& squashing my panic) when none of my girls could figure it out-- Canon did it all!

We had a big wedding (200 g's & 22 in the W Party) spanning 6+ hours -- Canon & Amberley killed it! He played great music but I think his best quality is orchestrating all the pieces into one cohesive event. He is a master at keeping things on schedule and directing guests/vendors/you name it -- in a way that asserted himself as The Leader without being pushy, etc. His behind the scenes work is ON POINT. And as an MC, he had all our guests laughing and totally tuned in.

During our plated dinner, my husband and I started panicking when we noticed the service running way behind schedule. But it was like Canon read our minds because literally within minutes of us noticing it, he were right there at our sweetheart table with a solution! He addressed the issue with our caterer so we didn't even have to get up. Couldn't believe it! After that, we knew there was no reason to even bother ourselves with paying attention to the details because we knew they had it all under control. IT WAS AWESOME.

The games he suggested were SO FUN- Highly recommend! We were nervous they'd be cheesy but they were honestly the highlight of our reception for us and many guests. Easy way to get even the grandparents involved. Great memories!

The dance floor was packed ALL NIGHT! Loved him!!!

Profile Picture Emily, 10/25/14, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

Hands down best DJ's. They have many great options to add something unique and special or funny to your wedding. We are still getting comments from people of how upbeat and fun they made our day. They are especially good at thinking and remembering the tiny details that you would typically look over or forget so we highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Emily , 9/21/14, 9 Reviews
Category: DJ

Absolutely amazing! Sound Source met with us on multiple occasions to go over exactly what we wanted our wedding to feel like. They were responsive and very quick. They made the wedding day flawless and worked with all of our vendors on timeline and responsibilities. The music they played was amazing. The dance floor was never empty and it was exactly what my husband and I envisioned. I would 100% recommend them to anyone!

Profile Picture Kendahl, 9/13/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

What a wonderful company! They made our wedding so special and fun! Originally out of our price range but worth every penny and more! I fully recommend them to anyone who wants a fun wedding! They added just the personal touch to our day!

Profile Picture Miranda, 3/22/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Wedding Planning

Amazing! Kept the party going and made sure the wedding was perfect for everyone

Profile Picture Kelly, 3/22/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Canon was able to make our wedding an unforgettable experience. As an emcee he was able to engage all of our guests, and he kept the whole event running swimmingly, and without a hiccup. As a DJ he was actually able to get everybody (that could stand on 2 legs) up to dance, which is no small feat considering some of the friends and family members that were in attendance.

Almost everybody I've talked to after the wedding has told me that it was the "best" they have ever been to. This is a very high compliment. I attribute it to great company, and Canon.

Profile Picture Rob, 2/15/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Canon was fantastic, leading up to the the day of our wedding and on the day of. He went really in depth in how we wanted our event to look and feel, as well as getting a grasp of who were are. Several wedding guests asked if we were good friends with him. Thank you, Canon!

Profile Picture Mollie, 2/15/14, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

We did a lot of research and even interviewed a couple of DJ's in person before selecting this vendor. And I am so happy with our choice! Canon and Amberley of Sound Source Seattle are consummate professionals. Not only does Canon know his music and have access to a wide library of styles, but he also takes the time to sit down with you to discuss what kind of mood you'd like to create with your musical choices at different times in the evening...an intimate setting, a rowdy party, etc. He is not only a great DJ but an extraordinary event planner. He anticipates every detail so you can just relax. He emceed our wedding reception and understands how to keep the flow of an event going seamlessly. He is very personable and even led some "newlywed games" for us with our guests. Everyone had a blast with the games and laughed a lot. We had a very eclectic group at our wedding, covering a variety of ages, and I was amazed that Canon and Amberley kept the dance party going all evening long! Many of our guests commented on what a wonderful time they had at our wedding, and one guest even said she couldn't remember the last time she'd had so much fun. That was definitely in large part due to Canon's capable and intuitive leadership. Statistics show that many brides wish they had made music/entertainment more of a priority in planning their wedding. Canon and Amberley at Sound Source Seattle are a great team, and I would not hesitate to recommend their services to anyone searching for a wonderful DJ/MC for their wedding or other event.

Profile Picture Suzanne, 1/18/14, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Cannon was the best d.j. That our family and friends have ever experienced.
He was fun and engaging and had the quests thoroughly enjoying the reception.
We would hire him again for any party!!

Profile Picture Cathy, 9/14/13, 1 Review