Sound In Motion Entertainment Group Reviews

274 Reviews for Sound In Motion Entertainment Group

1 User photo

Sound In Motion Entertainment Group 1

Jerry · Married on 06/13/2015

Raffi and his team are phenomenal. From our initial contact months prior to the wedding to the last song on the big day we could not have been more pleased with the service, attention to detail, and execution. Prior to our wedding we had a picture in our minds of the mood/feeling/vibe we wanted everyone in attendance to feel and it was executed to a "T", even a few last minute "special requests" (think Groom singing to the bride, and Father of the Groom singing to the entire wedding) were accommodated beyond our expectations. We could not have been happier, these guys are the absolute best!! They kept everyone dancing/singing/smiling all night (both young and old) what more can you ask for?!?!

Sent on 07/02/2015

Rafi was excellent from start to finish. He was professional in all correspondence, timely with everything, and great fun on the night. We were thrilled to share our wedding with a great guy. Thank you. JG and JW

Sent on 02/14/2016

I was lucky to have Raffi DJ my wedding. When looking for vendors, I asked all of the vendors who is the best DJ and I kept hearing that I had to use Sound in Motion. So many guests expressed what a great job he did! It was great going into the wedding confident in my vendor.

Sent on 07/17/2015

Sound In Motion was amazing! We planned our wedding from Tampa, FL and experienced no issues with distance being a challenge. Their website is very easy to customize and plan your wedding with your DJ as well as on your own.
    Andrew Rivas was our DJ and did a fantastic job prior to the wedding and during. He made sure that the wedding was about us and there wasn't one thing that he missed all night! He was able to go with the personality of our friends and family and really fit in. Everyone had a great time and commented on how accommodating he was.

Sent on 05/27/2015

hilary · Married on 05/02/2015

Brandon Portillo did SUCH a wonderful job DJ-ing our wedding. From our first meeting to follow up after the wedding he was truly a joy to work with!! He was responsive to our needs, easy to talk to and you could tell he was having fun at our reception which made it all that much more fun for us and the wedding goers. I would recommend Sound In Motion and especially Brandon to anyone planning a wedding... Very professional!!

Sent on 07/16/2015
  • User4971233 · event on 03/20/2015

Adrian helped was our MC and DJ at my children's school's auction fundraiser. He was so easy to work with, helped make our silent auction a success and made numerous announcements to help our event along. The music was great, themed for our 1920's event and great dance music for later in the night!

Sent on 04/13/2015

Frank Loera from Sound in Motion was our DJ and emcee at our wedding and reception, and he did a great job. We didn't have a specific playlist, but he talked to us over phone and email and met with us to discuss what types of music we like and to get a feel for the tone and atmosphere we wanted. Frank was personable and professional and did a great job switching between the different types of music we wanted, including American and bhangra music, and Frank was a great emcee. We received a number of compliments on the music. One guest told me during the reception that he'd already decided to book Frank and Sound in Motion for his upcoming wedding, and he did end up doing so. I highly recommend Frank and Sound in Motion.

Sent on 07/31/2015

Lauren · Married on 02/21/2015

Best.DJ.ever!!!! If your looking for a DJ, look no farther than Kevin! Kevin was the DJ and MC at our wedding and he is absolutely amazing! I work in the wedding industry and have had the pleasure of working with Kevin over the last several years, he is hands down, the best in the business! When I came to the realization that I was having a full blown wedding, Kevin was a must have vendor! He is an amazing MC an has a ton of energy but is never cheesy! He worked with us in advance to review the timeline and capture all of the little details including name pronunciation and executed everything the day of just as we discussed! We had just over two hours of pure dancing and Kevin rocked it, the dance floor was packed the entire time! A huge thanks to Kevin for helping make our wedding day perfect!

Sent on 03/06/2015

Adrian and his team were extremely professional and were able to execute what i wanted for my event perfectly.

Sent on 11/06/2015

Erin · Married on 01/24/2015

Kevin is so good at what he does! I have been to a a few weddings that he DJ'd and when it came time to book ours we didn't look to anyone else. He is so good we also referred Kevin to DJ our work party. He reads the dance floor, knows what to play and makes sure that people stay dancing.

My friends and I all will continue to refer Kevin for any function he can be used for. Hands down best DJ!

Sent on 02/04/2015

Paula · Married on 12/13/2014

Stephen Fletcher did an absolutely amazing job at my holiday party event of 150 guests. We met a couple of weeks before the event and I told him I was worried about the age range (35-65 years old) that would attend as far as dance eras.

When people started showing up, Stephen immediately began playing music appropriate to the age group and he did a wonderful mix of songs all night long. Many were happily dancing all evening long. I also appreciated that when a request was made, he played it as the very next song.

I recommend Stephen Fletcher because her will make every effort to insure that his clients are happy and satisfied with his work!

Sent on 01/09/2015

Dear Sound In Motion Team,

Thank you for delivering an excellent experience on our wedding day. We were happy with every aspect of the process, starting with our initial meeting and leading to the day-of festivities.

I want to thank Frank Loera especially. He delivered an over-the-top experience and helped make a stressful time much easier for my wife and I. Frank is a professional and good at what he does, he is personable and an all-around good guy. Again, GOOD JOB Frank and thank you for everything. Oe and I hope to use you again in the future and will refer you/Sound In Motion at any chance we can.

Sincerely,

Eric and Oe Nichols

Sent on 01/17/2015

MARION · Married on 10/25/2014

I cannot say enough good things about Kevin and the services he provided! He was beyond awesome and exceeded my expectations completely! My brother had him at his wedding and he was so good I booked him for mine. Now two of my friends have booked him for their weddings and I cannot wait to go because I know how much fun they are going to be now that Kevin is the DJ! He is seriously talented at what he does and you will not regret hiring him for your event.

Sent on 11/05/2014

Billy · Married on 10/25/2014

Brian Covington and his co-worker were excellent! My sister had "Sound In Motion" for her wedding, and she recommended that I go with them as well. I'm glad I listened to her, and I would definitely recommend them for services in the future!!!!

Sent on 01/07/2015

Lisa · Married on 10/24/2014

Sound in Motion was by far one of the smartest wedding decisions we made!! They are absolutely amazing, professional, and on it with all of their services. We hired them for the following services: DJ, Lighting, Photobooth, Videography. I honestly have nothing but great things to say about each one of their services! First off, our DJ was Adrian. The minute we first met Adrian, we wanted him to be the one to DJ our wedding and, lucky for us, he was available and happy to do so! He helped the whole reception flow effortlessly and he got EVERY single one of our guests up and dancing!! I heard so many compliments about him from friends saying they had never seen their significant other dance, to family saying he was the most respectful DJ. Also, he managed to play all song requests in such a seamless way! Truly, he made the party happen!! I would hire him in a heartbeat for any other event and I cannot recommend him enough to friends! I also trusted his decision on the lighting for the room and when I walked in, I was blown away. It was beautiful! Truly the best service you can get.
    As for our videography, Michael was our head videographer. The team was awesome! We wanted to quickly do a 15 min shoot at a scenic point away from our venue and they grabbed their equipment without hesitation and caught every second. Throughout the night, I nearly forgot they were around, they managed to capture everything without getting in the way of any moment! And when we received our highlight video...WOW!!! I have no idea how they captured all of the moments, but they did. And they put it all together in such a special, memorable way. They seriously went beyond my expectations and I cannot thank them enough for capturing such a special day. These guys are seriously talented - do not even think twice about using Sound in Motion for videography services as well, just do it!!!
    The photobooth and all its services and the attendant were absolutely amazing, courteous, and a hit too!

Sent on 01/19/2015

Shannon · Married on 10/19/2014

Nick was an AWESOME DJ!!! We had specific musical ideas in mind for our wedding and he executed them flawlessly. He was incredibly accommodating and friendly. He has great musical taste, and is a wonderful MC. Definitely work with Nick Conforti as your DJ, you will not be sorry!

Sent on 11/06/2014
  • rrokoff

Rob · Married on 10/12/2014

Sound In Motion provided us a sound system and staff onsite for our ceremony to ensure ceremony music and microphones were perfect. And they delivered. Seamless music and sound. They were easy to work with, professional and friendly.

Sent on 12/16/2014

Back in October we had a opportunity to work with Sound in Motion specifically Brandon Portillo, he was to say the least a AMAZING DJ, he took control of the party and did not disappoint. Brandon was a very easy to get a long with and helped my wife coordinate the wedding time line, which was a amazing help being that she was a real life bridzilla. At the end of the night Brandon even helped us pack our party away and offered to be a sober driver for some of my not so sober friends and family.

I would highly recommend Sound in Motion for any special event you may have, I am sure all the DJ's at Sound in Motion are awesome but if I was planning another party or event Brandon would be my guy!!!!

Sent on 01/09/2015

Kelly · Married on 10/03/2014

Booking Raffi/Sound in Motion was one of the best things we did. We were willing to pay for him whatever the cost as long as he could be our DJ! Raffi is the man! When he said yes, we were thrilled. He was one of the first vendors booked, and one that we were the most sure of. Although we were on a very tight budget, my husband made a very educated decision to include Raffi into the budget.

Raffi was amazing the day/night of our wedding. Sound in Motion sends out this questionnaire to be filled out six weeks before the wedding, but with a new job, a dad in and out of the hospital, and a venue that was lacking an event coordinator with experience, I got him a half filled out response the night before the wedding, but Raffi was amazing! I tried my best to fill things out but I had so much on my plate besides the wedding. I gave him a playlist that was approved/suggested by my mom that I was ok with, but twenty minutes before my ceremony I changed up almost all the songs, Raffi was so adaptable and encouraged my change of selections with a smile so that our music was more tailored to my husband and I. He was the one vendor I didn't have to worry about or babysit, he just got it done.

Everyone at our wedding had a blast, they all said they hadn't ever been to a wedding that was as fun as ours! He was so go with the flow and we were making such last minute decisions like omitted the father/daughter dance because my dad wasn't feeling well. I just don't know what else to say but he was absolutely amazing. I feel like I can't say enough positive things and say thank you enough! Actually we had guest that said "You have Raffi as your dj?" "How did you pull that off?" "He's the best!" His assistant was so friendly as well, and the lighting they bring really set the mood. Being that our event coordinators for the venue lacked experience and weren't anywhere to be found, we were in great hands with Raffi!

Sent on 11/09/2014

We had Nick DJ our wedding, he was absolutely wonderful. He had everyone out on the dance floor and was the perfect personality to MC our wedding. I felt comfortable that he knew the type of music and vibe we were going for without having to spend a ton of time giving exact song lists.

Sent on 10/26/2014

Gloria · Married on 09/20/2014

This review is specifically for Brandon from Sound in Motion. Especially coming from a Hispanic family, I wanted to make sure the DJ we had was competent in Spanish music as well as the usual top hits/old school classics. I actually already had a DJ booked 6+ months before my wedding but he canceled on me less than 2 weeks before the date! I learned of Sound in Motion from a friend who was using the same company but different DJ for her wedding. They put me in contact with Brandon who they said is the "Go To" person for Spanish/Latin music. He actually was originally planning to go to a concert the night of my wedding but upon hearing my situation/desperation, he immediately agreed to be our DJ. He did AMAZING!!! He was a great MC, kept everything on schedule and made the proper announcements at the right time, and the music was AWESOME!! Seriously, I don't think there was a single moment the dance floor was not full! Everyone commented on how great the music was and how much fun they had. My husband and I had a BLAST at our wedding and a HUGE reason why is thanks to Brandon!! And although for me it was huge that he was very competent in spanish music, this guy will make whatever you want happen for you!

Sent on 02/23/2015

Jill · Married on 08/23/2014

Sound in Motion was fantastic. First, the up-lighting they provided really made our reception room look great. I also can't speak highly enough about Tyler, our DJ. He made our reception so fun by playing music that got the entire crowd dancing the whole reception. Even though he was continually providing great entertainment, I was particularly appreciative of the fact that he was always making eye contact with me (groom) and making sure to add time/cut songs as needed. He was also willing to accommodate a special request that I made during the reception and, despite not having the song downloaded before he arrived, coordinated having the song played from a phone. He really went above and beyond. We highly recommend Sound In Motion and especially Tyler!!

Sent on 08/29/2014

Candice · Married on 08/09/2014

We found Nick though a friend of ours that used Sound in Motion for their wedding and I was so happy with them! Nick was so nice and helped us through the whole thing! We had the hardest time picking music and he was there with every annoying question I had. I would recommend them to anyone getting married.

Sent on 01/08/2015
  • Teresa

Teresa · Married on 08/02/2014

The team at Sound in Motion was fantastic. They always put forward a classy, professional demeanor over email, in person, and throughout working our event. Raffi helped answer all my questions, and Nick (our DJ) was gracious enough to drive from Santa Cruz to Monterey to meet with us in person for the initial consultation. Music is very important to us, and we had a lot of specific requests, but Nick handled all of them perfectly and set the perfect tone throughout the ceremony and reception. There was a fantastic variety of music that was appropriate for everyone attending. Nick’s emcee skills were also great. He kept everything on track with our set timeline and kept a good pace through the evening. Additionally, the photobooth was an amazing touch – everyone raved about it and it was well used through the reception. The photostrips were great quality, and I loved how we received a USB with digital copies of all the photos.

My only comment for improvement is for the online event management system they use. It was a bit cumbersome to use and a bit glitchy at times. It was more useful to meet in person to discuss timeline and specific requests.

Sent on 11/01/2014

Nick was a great DJ. The dance floor was filled throughout the evening and he picked just the right songs. I would highly recommend Nick.

Sent on 02/02/2015