Sound In Motion Entertainment Group Reviews

273 Reviews for Sound In Motion Entertainment Group

1 User photo

Sound In Motion Entertainment Group 1

Katherine · Married on 01/14/2016

I work at Highlands Inn in Carmel in the Catering Department and can only say that Sound in Motion truly has a reliable, consistent, fun and professional set of DJs. I always feel confident recommending them to my clients and knowing that they'll do an absolutely incredible job! All the members of the staff I've met have always been fantastic and have great follow up with both myself and my clients throughout the event planning process.

I recently used Sound in Motion for an event we personally hosted, and I didn't have a lot of planning time (vacation and life getting in the way), and they did an INCREDIBLE job without having hardly any direction other than where to be and at what time!!! That takes a VERY talented individual and I'm so grateful that I have such a trustworthy company to recommend and know everything will go off without a hitch. Every single time!

Sent on 01/08/2015

Carolina · Married on 12/20/2015

DJ Brandon was the DJ at our wedding this past weekend, and he did a great job reading the crowd and keeping us going. Also was bilingual english/spanish MC throughout the night, and played mix of eng, span, and persian music! We changed the itinerary around a bit, and he went with the flow! Received compliments from guests as well, good job Brandon, we had a blast! :)

Sent on 12/25/2015

Courtney · Married on 11/14/2015

Oh my goodness, where to begin. Raffi is a true businessman. Professional, honest, and true to his word. We had Andrew work with us for our daughter's wedding. He was fabulous. Sound In Motion is truly a class act. I was worried I wasn't going to be able to enjoy our daughter's wedding, but that was not the case. Andrew lead us through the evening like he had done it his entire life. This is a company you want to work with.

Sent on 11/17/2015

Janell · Married on 10/24/2015

Stephen and his assistant were awesome!! Very professional and lot's of fun!

Sent on 11/10/2015
  • F

Felicia · Married on 10/18/2015

They were so so helpful. I loved the online portal where I could see an outline of the day and choose songs for each moment. Stephen was really helpful with providing suggestions when we were stuck.

• Y

Yoli · Married on 10/17/2015

Sound in Motion did an outstanding job and I would highly recommend them for your special event. First of all, they have a great website where you can select and input all the important information for your event, like special dances, songs, speech time, anything- pretty much a timeline of your event, and therefore your party will be flawless!! My DJ was Frankie, he is the best!!! We met a few weeks before the event, we talked about the timeline and all other important details about the dances/music, etc., He was very detailed and wrote absolutely everything down. I had some special requests and everything happened just as I wanted :) Our event was so much fun and he just knew how to keep the crowd dancing and enjoying the night. Thank you Frankie and Sound in Motion!!

Billiw Jo · event on 10/15/2015

Raffi is a hoot! He knows how to liven up a crowd, keep people shaking and moving and entertained. His smile, laugter and personality is contagious! Sound in Motion is very responsive, and always up for collaboration with Corporate companies and people alike in the industry to make events happen. He is professional and extremely reliable. Our Grand Opening event was a huge success, with 800+ attending the event. Raffi pulled through to commit a 2nd DJ with a very short 2 day notice. Sound in Motion stands by their word, is personable and phenomenal to work with.

Mark · Married on 10/10/2015

Brian DJ'ed our wedding at everything went great. He helped us put together the music selection for our attendees to ensure that everyone had a great time. He and his assistant were very polite and professional as well. The personable service we received from the office staff was very appreciated as well. We called many vendors and were impressed at how responsive and helpful everyone at Sounds in Motion was. We would recommend them for any occasion.

Sent on 11/15/2015

Jennifer · Married on 10/09/2015

Sound in Motion was very easy to work with from my first conversation with Raffi to the last dance with DJ Logan Andren. Logan came to our house ahead of time and met with us to fully understand the "feeling" we wanted throughout the party. He also met with The Holly Farm and made sure he understood all the logistics there. The Italian Dinner music was perfect as was the dance mix played later. Logan was friendly and professional. I'd highly recommend him and Sound in Motion for your wedding or party.

Christy · Married on 09/26/2015

We only had a 4.5 month engagement, so we were in a rush to find a reliable DJ. Another vendor recommended Sound in Motion to us and we were quickly able to get the info we needed (Frank is awesome and thorough) in order to make a decision. Brian Covington was available to DJ for us and not only got to know what we wanted/needed, but was super flexible with a last minute venue change (a nightmarish story for another time...). He's not showy or salesy at all, but was down to earth, chill, and super organized. He kept us on track with getting our song preferences in (along with giving us some grace). A lot of the music we wanted wasn't in their library, but it was no problem at all. They had the music ready to go on our wedding day.

You know those ceremonies that are so perfect except that the sound gets all messed up and everyone is secretly cringing? Well, not our wedding. The music and sound was PERFECT even though it was an outdoor wedding. We got so many compliments on the ceremony music.

Brian kept the party going with the dance music and honored all our requests. We didn't have to worry about micromanaging any part of the music. I could go on and on, but the bottom line is that Sound in Motion is a GREAT company with fair prices and exceptional service. I recommend them! (Ask for Brian!)

Sent on 11/08/2015

Desiree · Married on 09/19/2015

Stephen was our DJ, and he was awesome! The music he played was exactly what we wanted, and not just the requested stuff. He kept the party fun and lively, and everyone had a great time. Stephen was courteous and helpful throughout the entire event. I could not ask for more. I will definitely recommend Sound in Motion to any friends and family looking for DJ services.

Sent on 12/02/2015

Juli · Married on 09/13/2015

Sound in Motion is top notch! It's been a complete pleasure working with this company. I would specifically like to provide Frank Loera with the following feedback:

Frank was INCREDIBLY easy to work with. I enjoyed meeting with him in person as well as through email correspondence. He knows his stuff and is an all around good guy. We felt like were in good hands from the get-go. When the big day came, Frank made our day feel incredibility special. I had so much fun picking out the songs for the wedding and I loved the order Frank chose to play them. I received so many compliments about our music and DJ and couldn't be more pleased with how it turned out. I also wanted to give him a special shout out for something he did to make a surprise for my husband even sweeter. My husband is a huge A's fan so I secretly invited the Oakland A's mascot "Stomper" to our wedding. Not only did Frank provide such a cool introduction to the surprise but he picked special music to play for the big reveal! It could not have gone better. Thanks so much to Frank. Do yourself a favor and book Sound in Motion for your big day. Ask for Frank!

Sent on 09/17/2015

Paige · Married on 09/12/2015

Adrian was FANTASTIC! He was our DJ for our wedding. He was hilarious! He made us laugh, had everyone's full attention, played awesome songs that everyone enjoyed dancing too, basically Adrian made our wedding a day we will always remember.
    Thank you to Adrian for making our fairytale wedding come true!!!
    We also had the uplighting, pin spotting and two flat screen tvs from their services which was a great bonus to our reception.
    We definitely will use your services again and of course we definitely will highly recommend sound in motion to our friends and family.
    Huge thank you Adrian!!! You are the BEST! You nailed it!

Sent on 09/27/2015

Lindsey · Married on 09/06/2015

Andrew Rivas was my DJ and he did a fantastic job. We chatted with him on the phone prior to the wedding, sent him a few "must plays" and got amazing service. All of my friends said our DJ was the best they had seen at a wedding. He was professional, kind, and played music that kept my guests dancing - all ages included. The cocktail music and dinner music was perfectly "us" and the coverage of the ceremony was really great - everyone could hear! I can't say enough good things about Andrew!

Sent on 09/30/2015

Sagar · Married on 09/05/2015

We had a wonderful time with Sound in Motion! Raffi was our DJ, and he was a treat to work with both in the months leading up to our wedding and during the event itself. That ends up mattering quite a lot, and I was proud to see how elegantly everything came together. We were actually recommended to work with Raffi through our wedding venue, since they had always had such positive experiences with him.

Raffi gave us more than just DJ services during the reception. We also rented an excellent photobooth from Sound in Motion (looking at the pictures now still makes us giggle). Raffi provided music on a mobile speaker setup for our Indian-style baraat/procession. And most importantly, Raffi provided all the sound system and microphone setup for our ceremony itself. We put a LOT of thought into our ceremony, and it was a relief to know that we wouldn't have to worry one bit about the audio. Everything worked perfectly.

Raffi was an especially good choice for us because we had a joint Indian-Mexican wedding, and we wanted to make sure that our DJ could understand the rhythm and pace of what we had in mind. Raffi was very experienced and brought a lot of knowledge and energy to our process. He even listened to a number of Bollywood songs to familiarize himself with some of the music we wanted. He gave us many ideas that we hadn't even thought of before.

Furthermore, I enjoyed the software that Sound in Motion uses to have you select your must-play and must-not-play songs. It wasn't the most modern looking, but it brought up song suggestions really well and gave me a number of ways to choose and organize my songs. It helped me organize my thoughts while planning.

All in all, I'd certainly recommend Raffi and Sound in Motion for any event, and especially for a wedding. You won't go wrong!

Sabrina · Married on 08/28/2015

We contacted Sound in Motion because they were on the preferred vendor list for our venue at Clos LaChance Winery. We got in touch with Frank who was quick to respond to our e-mails, basically helped us plan out the days order of events as well as recommend some song choices when we got stuck. What stood out to me the most was at our final meeting he made sure to go over EVERY SINGLE significant song choice with us to ensure he had the correct artist and version we were wanting. He even went as far as notating the exact second of which to start our requested songs at and on wedding day it worked out perfectly! Song selections, contract, and payments were super easy with their online system. Frank even helped the Mother of the Bride pull off a surprise song during the toasts. I would definitely recommend Frank and Sound of Motion again!

Sent on 11/09/2015

Lilea and Mark · Married on 08/22/2015

Raffi and the entire team at Sound in Motion were phenomenal! Beyond professional and helpful during the planning process and also amazing with day-of adjustments, which despite all best efforts there are always some small things that need improvising here and there). The timing and transitions with the music were seamless and we couldn't have had a better emcee. Highly recommend Sound in Motion!

Brenda · Married on 08/15/2015

I had the pleasure of coordinating a wedding with Sound in Motion. From the very beginning I could tell that the company would provide an excellent service for the bride and groom. The customer service from the office staff all the way to the DJ was stellar. The bride and groom had the pleasure of working with DJ Brian Covington and he surpassed our expectations. Brian was instrumental in ensuring that the event was enjoyed by everyone and kept the evening moving just as planned. Never did I think for one moment that i needed to check on the DJ because Brian made sure that he had the wedding day schedule and he executed flawlessly. On time, above and beyond, dressed to impress and with a smile the entire night - DJ Brian was the best!!!

Sent on 09/08/2015

Megan · Married on 08/15/2015

I don't like wedding planning. I learned this almost immediately when I had to start making decisions. I like to think that I'm one of those laid back, go with the flow types and even I started to go a bit detail-crazy. You think that you know what you want and then BAM! Pinterest. You feel like you're constantly questioning yourself on whether you've made the right decisions and hoping people will still have a good time even if one of the hundreds of votive candles is out of place. Choosing Sound in Motion was definitely a good decision. My venue (Kennolyn in Soquel) had a preferred list which included SIM, but I had picked them before I even knew that list existed. The DJ's at SIM have worked that venue many times and knew the layout and general flow of the weddings that take place there. SIM made it really easy to decide on what types of music I wanted to play at what times. All of their planning tools were online, which was really handy. There were several lists for music, including songs you definitely want played, songs you don't really mind if they're played, and my favorite, the "do not play" list. I was also able to choose what I kind of music I wanted during guest arrival, cocktail hour, dinner, and the reception. These were things I didn't even think about until they asked. We had Stephen and he was awesome! I was emailing him up until the day before the wedding and was very responsive to last minute changes. He respected all of my requests (especially the no speeches or relatives having access to microphones request). He checked in with me constantly throughout the ceremony to make sure things were going how I wanted them and gently made suggestions if he knew a way to achieve a better flow. It was perfect!
    Stephen, if you are reading this, you are a gem. I can't thank you enough for making our day absolutely perfect. You were able to dig though my layers of crazy to find out what I really wanted and you made it happen. You are the best!!!

Sent on 11/09/2015

Jonathan · Married on 08/08/2015

We hired Raffi to be the MC / DJ at our wedding and could not have been more satisfied with the outcome!

Raffi was extremely professional (yet gregarious!) during our planning session, helping to organize our timeline and make suggestions for our music selection, based on the ambiance we were trying to achieve.

During the wedding day, he did an AMAZING job as our MC, getting the attention of our guests, providing humor throughout the night, and being extremely flexible with last minute changes on our end.

As the DJ, he was able to work off of our music preferences and compile a fantastic playlist, which our guests thoroughly enjoyed.

Finally, we hired Sound in Motion for additional services, including renting equipment for our slideshow, which went extremely smoothly.

We HIGHLY recommend Raffi and Sound in Motion for your MC / DJ / Sound services. He made our wedding so special, and we received compliments throughout the night from our guests about Raffi's MC / DJ skills.

Sent on 08/14/2015

Where to start....how about flawless, upbeat, amazing. Thats how I describe Logan and the team at Sound in Motion. This company, that DJ, the best. When planning a wedding the one thing that worried me, how would this photographer, that DJ, and this coordinator work together? Would they flow as one and make the night amazing. That is exactly what happened, truly professional in everything he did. He had the attention of the guests but never took the focus away from the bride and groom. We had to skip the cake cutting because the dance floor never once stopped! The party goes on!!! Sound in Motion has a client for life. I highly recommend them and Logan as the DJ. Perfect!

Sent on 11/07/2015
  • I

Ian · Married on 07/11/2015

We hired Andy Acker through Sound in Motion for our July 2015 wedding at Seascape, and were thoroughly happy with him a as a DJ. His communication with us beforehand (emails, a few brief phone calls and one in-person meeting about a month out) took just the right amount of time and attention. He was thorough while still being concise and efficient, which is pretty much what you want from a vendor in the weeks leading up to the wedding.

On the day itself Andy did a great job of setting up and managing the sound, both during the outdoor ceremony and the indoor reception. The ceremony was on a windy bluff with several people wearing wireless mics (plus a harpist and a few others using wired mics), but the sound coverage and quality were great. At the reception itself Andy guided the introductions, toasts and speeches without becoming the center of attention.

On top of that he really read the crowd well, picking song choices that fit the vibe and giving attention both the older and the younger members of the crowd and generally satisfying everyone. His selections matched our taste in music well, just based on a few emails and a 1-hour conversation. Little things like this plus attention to many other small (but important) details really made for a truly excellent DJ experience.

Sent on 01/18/2016

Aron · Married on 06/21/2015

We were very impressed with Logan services. Since our initial kickoff meeting through the day of the wedding we were very impressed with how detail oriented, thorough and pleasant to work with Logan and the rest of the sound and motion team. After working with Logan before the wedding until the conclusion of our event, Logan's enthusiasm and professionalism (especially prompt communication) made him the perfect DJ! The song transitions during the event and overall flow exceeded our expectations. Thank you so much for being a part of our happy day.

Sent on 07/14/2015

Robert · Married on 06/14/2015

Nick from Sound in Motion was fantastic! He was always prompt and professional in all of his communication, and he made sure that all of our needs were met and that our concerns were addressed. He had extensive expertise as a DJ to draw from, having done many weddings, including individualized experience for our venue in particular. He also was great about keeping the crowd going, without being too intrusive, and his taste in music (and interpreting our tastes and preferences) was impeccable. A great DJ!

Sent on 07/07/2015

Jerry · Married on 06/13/2015

Raffi and his team are phenomenal. From our initial contact months prior to the wedding to the last song on the big day we could not have been more pleased with the service, attention to detail, and execution. Prior to our wedding we had a picture in our minds of the mood/feeling/vibe we wanted everyone in attendance to feel and it was executed to a "T", even a few last minute "special requests" (think Groom singing to the bride, and Father of the Groom singing to the entire wedding) were accommodated beyond our expectations. We could not have been happier, these guys are the absolute best!! They kept everyone dancing/singing/smiling all night (both young and old) what more can you ask for?!?!

Sent on 07/02/2015