Sound In Motion Entertainment Group Reviews

273 Reviews for Sound In Motion Entertainment Group

1 User photo

Sound In Motion Entertainment Group 1

Jillian · Married on 08/19/2017

I booked with Sound in Motion for my wedding. Raffi provided services as DJ/MC. We had a couple of telephone consultations prior to our wedding. Raffi was fun to work with, very lighthearted and he took our preferences into consideration. Raffi coordinated with our parents for their speeches and also was able to coordinate the introductions/music selections for our cultural dancers. Most importantly, the dance floor was PACKED the whole night! Raffi played a wide range of music that catered to the crowd. I still have friends and family telling me what a great time they had that night. There was so much positive energy in the room that night, great music, and everything ran smoothly.

Sent on 08/31/2017

Amanda · Married on 08/05/2017

I am so glad that I choose Raffi and the Sound in Motion Crew for our wedding DJ and Videographer services on August 5th 2017!! From our first meeting, I could tell that Raffi was very passionate about his job- he was so easy to work and had so much useful advise, from years of experience, on how to make our wedding run smoothly. On the wedding day, Raffi was so flexible, catering to ALL on my last minute changes, not to mention hilarious! Our wedding quests absolutely loved him and he had everyone dancing until the very last song!

Raffi also highly recommended a wedding videographer for our wedding, and I will NEVER regret booking a videographer through Sound in Motion! The wedding day went by so quickly and I am so glad I will get to look back on my wedding day forever. Jordan Graham was our videographer- he showed up to the wedding venue and starting filming without any guidance or direction and fit seamlessly in the background while capturing our day perfectly!

Thank you so much Raffi and Jordan, and Sound in Motion, for making our wedding night the best night of our lives!!

Check out our amazing wedding video that we received from Sound in Motion!!!

Sent on 10/19/2017

Carol · Married on 06/24/2017

I hired Sound in Motion to DJ my wedding a few weeks ago. I specifically requested someone who was familiar with 90's R&B, hip-hop, and rap, and SIM definitely delivered. Adam emailed me two months prior to our wedding date to introduce himself as our DJ. Right off the bat he was super professional, as he listened to what my husband and I wanted and made sure to cater the song list to our favorite jams. He was even open and honest, telling us that he would be out of town until a couple of days before our wedding but that he would be accessible via email. As a bride, I was a bit nervous, but Adam responded to every one of my annoying emails within a few hours. I was super impressed! If you want a DJ who listens, is patient, and has a GREAT attitude, Adam is your man! Thanks for making our day extra special, Adam!

Sent on 04/26/2017

Holly · Married on 06/23/2017

We hired SIM to provide DJ, uplighting, and photo booth services at our wedding (venue = Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa) and they were outstanding! Nick was our DJ and made sure the flow of our evening went smoothly. Whenever he came to us to let us know what was coming up next (i.e. speeches, cake cutting, etc.) he never rushed us and gave us time to finish eating, chatting, and enjoying ourselves. The mood in the room throughout dinner service, speeches, and dancing were always spot-on visually (uplighting really helped with ambiance!) and musically, and he crafted his playlist carefully to match our requests. I don't think the dance floor was ever empty once the dance music started, and I received many, many compliments from my guests about how great the music was - all of these guests have very different music tastes too, so we were very pleased!

The photo booth services were also excellent! They designed a special printing strip with a Venetian mask to match our wedding theme and my guests went to town in the photo booth! They handed us the album at the end of the night and it was fun to be able to look through some pictures and messages from our guests that very night!

Over all, working with everyone at SIM was always a great experience - Shawn was always very helpful on the phone and made sure we understood pricing, services, and in general seemed to enjoy being part of the wedding planning process. Their client portal is super easy to use, and they collaborated expertly with my wedding venue and their staff to make sure my husband and I could enjoy our special night!

Sent on 07/08/2017

Arianna · Married on 05/20/2017

We loved working with Andy! He was a fantastic DJ and really understood what we wanted out of him as a DJ/MC. The music he played was exactly what we were hoping for and we got compliments from the guests on what a great job he did.

Sent on 06/09/2017

Lorena · Married on 05/20/2017

DJ Raffi was amazing and we also had a photo booth from Sound in Motion that was a lot of fun for everyone at our wedding. Raffi was very helpful as we planned for our wedding from the ceremony music to the reception. He knew how to mix the music in order to get our family and friends out on the dance floor! We highly recommend Sound in Motion and DJ Raffi!

Sent on 12/27/2017

Anna · Married on 03/25/2017

We had Murphy Park as our DJ, and he was fabulous. He was recommended to us by a family friend who also used him for their wedding. We had an international wedding, my family is Peruvian and my husband is Persian - Murphy worked with us to get the right mix of Persian and Spanish music and it was seriously the most epic dance party ever. He took extra time to download Persian music, (not so common), and even coordinated with my husband to make sure he selected the right version of the song. He also took special care to make sure he had the correct pronunciations for all of our non-English names. What's more, he was a true professional and made sure that the evening flowed well and had a great sense of humor. I am so so happy that we selected SIM and Murphy in particular to be our DJ. You really cannot go wrong with these guys and you would be incredibly lucky to have them at your event.

Sent on 03/28/2017
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 03/12/2017

Shawn was super helpful in negotiating our package and advising us on how to make the most of our budget. She paired us up with Frank who was a perfect fit for the vibe we were going for, and Frank couldn't have been more awesome! Leading up to the event, he was really responsiveness, and on the night of the wedding, he really went with the flow and helped us reorder certain events to make the timeline work in real time. Thanks Franks and SIM!

Sent on 03/23/2017
  • Natalie

Natalie · Married on 03/11/2017

I absolutely loved working with DJ Adam! He was very responsive and very flexible, we were able to have meetings via Skype in the evening once I was home from work. All our guests raved about the music, there was never a dull moment during the reception.

Thank you Adam for being apart of our special day and making it even more awesome than it already was :)

Sent on 07/13/2017

Amanda · Married on 11/11/2016

I found Sound in Motion Entertainment Group because I am a San Jose Sharks fan and season ticket holder. Most of you who have been to a Sharks game at SAP center have heard that they provide the music in game but before they officially did a member of their team did the street rallys, Raffi. He is so amazing if you've ever had the pleasure of meeting him and at a street rally I walked up to him and asked if they do weddings, he said like every weekend haha. Unfortunately because I was getting married in Auburn just outside of Sacramento it did limit me to only 1 DJ on their team, Matt. The moment I spoke to Matt on the phone, I knew that I was lucky that he was the DJ available for my area. He instantly seemed to understand what I was looking for and was able to know what type of music fan I was. He kept in frequent contact with me and even created my wedding day timeline for me. On the day of the wedding he was so amazing, especially since my wedding had to start late. My whole family agreed about how amazing he wad and everyone had such a great time. I would recommend both the company Sound in Motion for their quick rate of responsive to get me booked and Matt if you are in that area for his awesome personality and his amazing professionalism.

Sent on 12/28/2016

Rachel · Married on 11/05/2016

Thank you Sound In Motion for bringing our wedding day to life. We couldn't have dreamed of a better party and start to our new chapter as newlyweds. Adam Millman was an absolute rock star. He was an awesome Emcee and was the wizard behind the scenes of one of the best dance sets ever for our wedding. 3 hours on non stop hits. Thank you SIM and Adam for making our day so incredibly special and FUN.

Sent on 01/08/2017

Michael · Married on 10/15/2016

This review for Adrian at Sound in Motion is nearly a year overdue, but even though I am late I wanted to make sure Adrian got the recognition he deserves! Adrian was the DJ for my wedding at the Monterey Bay Aquarium, and I have nothing but positive things to say about him. It was an ease and genuine pleasure working with Adrian from start to finish. The day of the event, it was unclear whether we would be able to have the wedding outside due to inclement weather, but when we got the green light Adrian and his team set up lightning fast. He is a great MC and knew what songs to play to keep the multi-generational crowd on the dancefloor. The cherry on top is that off the cuff he played the anthem for my favorite soccer team (Liverpool in England) when someone offhandedly mentioned it. He knew the song because he DJ’ed an exhibition game that Liverpool played at Levi’s Stadium a couple years ago! I will always remember that. Thanks, Adrian!

Sent on 09/02/2017

Tony · Married on 09/23/2016

Adrian was amazing! From the moment we interviewed him, he made us feel comfortable and we knew he would be the right choice for us. The intro meeting was such a welcoming, professional exercise, it made us feel at ease with his style of MCing. Our reception was amazing and would not have been the same without him and his great attitude and expertise. You'd do well to hire him and his company fro your next event.

Sent on 12/06/2016

Mikayla · Married on 09/17/2016

We had used Sound of Motion for our business New Years Party and we had Logan who did an amazing job keeping the party going all night! We were so happy with how the event turned out we decided to use the company again for my wedding! This time we had Andy Acker who went above and beyond to make sure the day was exactly how my husband and I wanted it. We only had to meet one time in person, then after that we spoke on the phone a couple of times leading up to the wedding day. On the day of I knew Andy would take care of us. And he sure did! We wanted our guests dancing the entire night, and they were. He kept the music engaging and fit for all ages! I, as the bride wanted to dance the whole night and I did. My family and family friends can attest that we have great things to say about Sound In Motion, and specifically Andy! Highly Recommend! WE HAD THE TIME OF OUR LIVES!

Sent on 11/03/2016

Patrick · Married on 08/27/2016

This review is a little late but I just had to make sure I got around to it eventually. We used Sound In Motion as our DJ/MC for our wedding and let me just say that we were SO lucky to get Adam as our DJ. So many of our guests commented on how great our DJ was and how much fun the dance floor was. You know how sometimes the dance floor tends to rise and decline in popularity throughout the night? Well not at our wedding! Adam managed to keep the dance popping till the very last song of the night!!! Adam was super accommodating before the wedding, he even helped us master a very specific entrance song and performance! He got the timing perfectly on the big day!! We were thrilled that it worked out so well. During the reception he was taking requests, getting the crowd into the music, and just being an all around positive guy. We can't thank you enough Adam and anyone that gets to have you DJ their big day is incredibly lucky.

Sent on 01/09/2017

Gabe · Married on 08/13/2016

Logan is a bomb DJ. He kept the party going like I've never seen before during the dancing portion of our wedding at Gardener Ranch in August 2016. All the young kids knew every word of every song and the old folks had a great time dancing even though they didn't know if the funk comes from uptown or downtown. The songs were perfectly mixed together and there wasn't a single lull in the fun. Logan’s sound system during the ceremony and toasts was also on point. We've all been to weddings where you can't make out the touching vows the couple have written, but this wasn't the case with Logan. Logan made sure our sound system was perfect. He was a consummate professional in the run up to the wedding. He was super responsive to email, created a shared Google doc with all of our details, and was super prepared on the big day.

Logan was a simple and effective MC during our reception. It never felt like undue attention was being directed his way, yet every event and toast flowed smoothly, which was exactly what we wanted. Logan created an awesome soundtrack for the party and made sure all things audio went more than smooth. Logan even checked in with me (the groom) to make sure I knew how my mic during the ceremony was going to work. Logan has one of the best reputations in the business from so many other wedding vendors. We did our due diligence and know that it gets no better than Logan. He's the party DJ that you'd want to take home to your mom.

Sent on 08/25/2016
  • Joey & Jaimie

Jaimie · Married on 07/09/2016

Our wedding was a PARTY, which is exactly what we wanted and would not have been possible without Andy, our DJ from Sound in Motion. From the moment guests were arriving until the time the party was over, Andy was setting the tone and making sure the ambience for our day matched our expectations. When my husband and I first met with Andy, we were so excited that he would be DJing our wedding. He is super laid back, knowledgable, and invested in his customers. Do you have a secret love of Justin Bieber? Andy will play Boyfriend on repeat if thats what you want. Looking for a mix of modern and classic beats? Not a problem. Throughout the day, we transitioned from the sweet notes of Frank Sinatra to 90's hip hop, Backstreet Boys, Spice Girls, Taylor Swift, Justin Timberlake...Andy took our music tastes and our guests requests, gaged the mood of the crowd and created a night that we will never forget. I cannot thank this amazing company enough for the fantastic service they delivered on our wedding day.

Sent on 07/31/2016

Samantha · Married on 06/18/2016

We used Sound in Motion for the DJ service, photo booth and also the microphones for the ceremony and speeches. We used Brandon and he was awesome, he made the day 100% about us and I would book him and Sound in Motion all over again. We have had so many compliments on the music and how great the DJ was! Thank you so much for making our wedding day so special!

Sent on 07/01/2016

kate · Married on 05/07/2016

So flexible to any situation. Was an amazing MC throughout the night, and played amazing music (exactly what we were looking for). We had so much fun thanks to Andrew at SIM!

Sent on 05/28/2016
  • Elisa

Elisa · Married on 04/02/2016

Sound in Motion was a great choice for us for our Monterey Hotel wedding!. They were on the approved vendor lists of lots of places we toured and we met them in person setting up at once place, and they were so positive and organized I knew we would book with them. The online portal was so easy and helpful to have, along with their song suggestions it made song picking super easy. DJ Brandon did our wedding and it was awesome. They really keep in contact with you, with in person meetings, an online portal, and fast email responses. We told Brandon it was really important that everyone danced and he kept the floor busy, full and upbeat all night. He handled our group wedding dance excellently and knew right when to cut the father daughter dance when it got awkward. We were able to give him some of our weird songs that weren't on their website and he integrated them seamlessly. They handled the music for the outside ceremony as well and I didn't have to worry about a thing. Brandon kept the speeches flowing and directing attention to the appropriate things all night. He was there when we needed him, and let us concentrate on just having fun. They even gave us a free upgrade on lighting that really impressed the crowd and made the venue look magical!
    I would defiantly recommend this company and Brandon to anyone looking for a DJ service.

Sent on 04/15/2016

Logan killed it at our wedding at Holman Ranch (Carmel Valley, CA) in March 2016. He ran all of our audio, music, lighting, and emceed the event. He was flawless throughout and we would highly recommend his services for any wedding or event.

Audio
    Our wedding ceremony was outdoors, with music and readings. Logan was on-site early with an assistant from Sound in Motion, and had the mics and speakers set up well before any of the guests arrived. The sound was perfect -- no feedback, no wind, loud enough without being overpowering. He played all the songs we wanted before and after the ceremony perfectly. We had never been to a wedding that had such clean and spotless execution. We were thrilled by how well it all went.

Music
    Sound in Motion uses a web portal that let us input our song choices for different spots in the event (processional, exit, couple’s entrance, first dance, last dance, etc.) as well as music preferences for the dance portion of the event. Logan played everything we asked for perfectly and didn’t touch anything on our “do not play” list (we heard horror stories of other DJs playing songs from the DNP list, but not with Logan). This still left a lot of room for Logan to fill in the gaps for the music during the cocktail hour and dancing portion. Our group loved the music he chose and stayed on the dance floor all night!

Emcee
    Logan also emceed the event, including toasts, introductions, and the cake cutting portion. He was classy, wearing a full suit and being very clear spoken. He was upbeat and fun without being over the top. We had an international crowd with some uncommon names, but Logan nailed every pronunciation (we walked him through the names during our in-person meeting and could tell that he practiced them).

In total, we couldn’t have been happier with DJ Logan and the Sound in Motion team. We highly recommend their services for weddings and other events. Thanks, Logan!

Sent on 04/12/2016

Brian was amazing at our wedding. He was super easy going and helped us out when we had no idea what we were doing. He set up and got everything going and organized (including our guitarist outfitted and oriented) without needing any guidance on the day of. He helped us select songs, and kept the dance floor packed all night.

The system that Sound in Motion provided was easy to use, and the equipment was great (plenty of mics, speakers, etc to help with both the indoor and outdoor portions of our event).

Sent on 03/08/2016

Lila · Married on 01/23/2016

We couldn’t have been more thrilled to have Andy from Sound In Motion be the DJ for our wedding! From our first email interaction, to meeting with him over coffee, to the big day - he made us feel comfortable and confident the whole time. I really don’t think that I can say enough good things about him. He was incredibly responsive via email. He accepted our “please play”, “please DON’T play”, and “please play if the moment is right and you think it would fit” lists, and affirmed all of our choices - which made us feel awesome. He did the music for the ceremony and reception. He was able to accept weather induced venue changes without letting us know if anything went wrong (for all we know - it went perfectly!). Regarding the ceremony, have you ever been to a wedding where the music goes for too long after the processional and everything is just standing there waiting? Of the ceremony is over, and the bride and groom are just standing there awkwardly, eagerly awaiting their musical cue to exit? I PROMISE you that none of that will happen with Andy. You couldn’t be in better hands. Regarding the reception, we had 110% confidence in having him control the tone and energy, which is really what the DJ does. He was GREAT at reading the room. My dad, for example, feels really awkward being the center of attention, so for the Father/Daughter dance, he had us dance solo for only a few moments before inviting on the rest of my side of the family. For the first dance, Andy had mentioned that sometimes if people are clearly uncomfortable, he will fade it out early. During our first dance, though, I didn’t want the moment to end. Andy must have sensed that, and he let the whole song play out. Outside of just Andy, Sound in Motion was GREAT to work with! They were responsive, reasonably priced reasonably priced, and encouraged us to get a photo booth, which was SO fun!! I can’t recommend Andy or the company highly enough!

Sent on 06/22/2016
  • I

Irene · Married on 01/17/2016

My now husband and I used Sound in Motion to DJ our wedding last month. DJ Brian Covington was awesome! He met with us, kept in touch with us and reassured us that things would go smoothly the day of our wedding. We really felt like he went above and beyond to help make things go smoothly. All that aside, he kept our wedding guests dancing all night! Even I couldn't stop dancing and I had to greet guests at the same time. We had so much fun! He was professional and at the same time laid back and easy to get along with. We felt comfortable with him and my wedding party was particularly impressed that he got all their names right when they were introduced.

We would definitely recommend Sound in Motion for your wedding or party... and we want to give a special shout out and recommendation to our awesome DJ, Brian!

Sent on 02/05/2016

Anthony · Married on 01/17/2016

While not a wedding, my father's 90th birthday was made complete by the service of SIM. Adrian and the entire crew are professional and really can make any event incredibly personal and special. I highly recommend them for any event... they're on for my next anniversary party!

Sent on 12/01/2016