39 Reviews for Sound Extreme Weddings

MC (7)
Consultation (6)
Uplighting (5)
39 Sound Extreme Weddings Reviews

We had the Crocodile Smile Band play at our wedding and the biggest comment I got from EVERYONE the day after our wedding was how absolutely awesome our band was. They had the entire room dancing all night long and gave us the best party of our lives. They played hit after hit with exceptional vocals and amazing instrumentals. Every member of the band was also so incredibly kind and helped us pull off every single thing we wanted. I can’t believe how lucky we were to get to have them perform at our wedding and I would recommend them to any and everyone!

Profile Picture Sophia, 5/26/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Band, DJ, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor

DJ Billy James was so great tow work with!! He met up with us before the wedding to be sure we had everything set! The guests loved the music and had a wonderful time dancing!!

Profile Picture Paige, 5/5/18, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

Sandy is definitely the man. From the very first time he made contact with me, it was a positive experience. He was the DJ for our wedding a couple weeks ago at Sawyer Family Farmstead and had a big part in how much FUN our reception turned out to be. I (the bride) had a difficult time leaving the dance floor due to the fact that the music was so good and flowed so well. Thanks for a wonderful time, DJ Sandman!

Profile Picture Nichole, 4/28/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

I had an amazing experience with Sound Extreme. They had fantastic communication and made all my wedding reception dreams come true. I know this sounds crazy but you consider booking the owner's son. He is only 12, but he brought the house down. He was unbelievable! We also had their band, Crocodile Smile, play and they were incredible. People were limping the next day from dancing so much.

Profile Picture Ryn, 12/16/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band, DJ

Steven listened to everything I wanted and was able to keep our party going without missing a beat. He is the best DJ I’ve ever come across and would definitely recommend him!!

Profile Picture Amber, 10/7/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, Sound/PA System
4.7

DJ Billy for sound extreme was perfect for our wedding reception. He kept us on time, played songs the guests raved about, and was professional and fun! We checked in with them two weeks before the wedding and had trouble getting a response, but once we were assigned a DJ it was smooth sailing. LOVE DJ BILLY!!

Profile Picture Lana , 9/30/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Uplighting

The booking experience with sound extreme was straightforward and simple. We were assigned DJ Sandman. He was terrific. He provided the music for both our ceremony and reception. He was able to get every song we requested and played a great mix, of just what we had asked for, the rest of the night. Would recommend to anyone.

Profile Picture Laura, 9/16/17, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting
3.4

Sound Extreme came highly recommended by my wedding planner. I felt communication was hard. Ben the owner likes to text. We never received any invoices. Just was expected to know to send a payment two weeks before event date? I booked them about a year in advance. We lost our first DJ, MIchael Morgan a short time before the wedding?? Honesty after speaking with him I am happy he was not our DJ. Sound Extreme found us another one quickly, but the whole process was upsetting to say the least. Our final DJ was just ok. While he kept the crowd busy and he was great at responding to emails there were some professional issues.

Profile Picture Myra, 5/6/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

We worked with Sandy from Sound Extreme. He was super responsive and helpful leading up to the wedding day. On the day of he was great! He played all the songs we requested and added ones we loved, he was very responsive to our requests and made the party so much fun! Booking was very easy (it all went through the Crest Center). I highly recommend this service for your wedding!

Profile Picture Sara, 4/1/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Uplighting

We had DJ Steven Harris at our wedding last weekend! He was such an awesome person to work with and made everyone have a great time!!! He was so easy to get along with and worked well with all the other vendors! I would highly recommend him to anyone!! THanks so much Steven for helping our guests and our friends and family have an unforgettable time!!!

Profile Picture Allison, 3/28/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Do-Not-Play List, MC

Sound Extreme. Our DJ was Michael Morgan and we were very impressed with his outgoing personality and capability of keeping the party going all night long! He went beyond his duties and responsibilities and even edited several of our first dances for us. My husbands dream was to be announced to the Chicago Bulls theme song with the DJ announcing us like we were the players…Michael did an excellent job!! It couldn’t have been more perfect!!

Profile Picture Lindsey, 10/29/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

We had Steven for our wedding. He was absolutely phenomenal! I knew after I spoke to him on the phone that he was going to be wonderful and that I didn't need to worry about anything! Throughout the wedding he was making sure that everyone was dancing and having a great time. He played the songs that we had requested beforehand, made sure that my husband and I had everything we needed for the toasts, and he always asked for our permission before playing songs that guests had requested. I would highly recommend Steven and Sound Extreme to anyone who wants professional, top notch entertainment. I seriously cannot say how impressed we were, along with everyone else, at the reception!

Profile Picture Abby, 10/28/16, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Microphones, Uplighting

Michael Finch was the DJ for our wedding at Claxton Farm and he was ABSOLUTELY PHENOMENAL! He knew exactly what would get our wedding guests up and on their feet! We gave him a short list of songs that were special to us and he ran with it and used his creative genius to make it a night we will never forget. but seriously, his editing skills and DJ experience were invaluable to us. My husband and I are music lovers and it was so important to us to have the right person manning the turntable - that person was michael finch! Kudos to Sound extreme for finding him for us!

Profile Picture Michelle, 10/15/16, 2 Reviews
1.5

The vendor was difficult to get in touch with. He missed scheduled phone calls to discuss the reception. My husband had to contact the manager to get him to respond to us. I had few specific requests that I requested in advance and he was unprepared for them, making our exit unpolished and unprofessional. There were many times when our guests were not dancing. The transitions for the first dance and father/daughter dance were awkward. He did play the songs I asked for during cocktail hour, which was good.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Kimberly, 10/8/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation

We had Billy James as our DJ and he was awesome! I ended up doing online RSVPs for our wedding and had a "what song(s) will get you dancing" question for them to answer. Billy chose a great selection from my guests requests and even accommodated a special request from myself for the father/daughter dance. We did a sweet song and then went into a choreographed dance to a bunch of popular dance songs. I wanted people to actually think the song messed up (record skips just aren't believable people!) So I edited the song to skip and then play the windows logoff sound - and asked billy to play it up to make people think his equipment was really malfunctioning. He played it PERFECTLY! People even started to clap because they thought that was the end. Then we came in with our surprise dance and it was a huge hit! Billy made sure to check in with me to make sure I was happy with everything and did all he could to make sure everyone was having a good time! I would highly recommend Billy and Sound Extreme!

Profile Picture Shelly, 8/6/16, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System

We had DJ Sandman (Sandy) do the music for our wedding reception. He did a fantastic job and we had so many compliments throughout the evening on what a great DJ he was. He checked in with me throughout the evening to be sure everything was going the way I wanted. Before hand I gave him an idea of what we wanted to hear, he executed this list perfectly and as the evening went on did a great job at reading the crowd and kept the small party out on the dance floor. He was very professional and we spoke several times by phone/e-mail to go over things. I was unsure about my first dance&father/daughter dance song, I changed my mind on these last minute and he played them out perfectly without any problems. He truly made our wedding a night to remember, I would recommend DJ Sandman to anyone who is looking for an affordable, fun, and professional DJ!

Profile Picture User6986566, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Michael was amazing!!!! I was nervous since I planned everything from California and relied on phone calls, texts and e-mails. Michael was always sure to get back to me! My ceremony music wasn't the usual task for most DJ's. We were all walking down to the Grateful Dead. Every part of the ceremony had a different song and certain minutes that I wanted played and Michael nailed it!!!!! He played a lot of the songs I wanted during the reception and got everyone dancing! I hadn't danced that much in a very long time! It was such a blast! Michael created a wonderful atmosphere that everyone enjoyed!!!! Thanks for pairing him with us for our wedding!

Profile Picture User6939181, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
3.9

After I booked this vendor they were a little hard to get in touch with but when it came to the day of the wedding the DJ was punctual, reliable, and a great DJ. The music was fun and he read the room well. His MC skills were also on point. I would recommend this DJ for weddings in the western NC mountains.

Profile Picture Mary Grace, 5/21/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Sound Extreme was great at our wedding. We struggled over what music we wanted to play and got our list to the DJ, Michael, very last minute and he was super flexible and able to keep everyone on the dance floor. It was pretty unexpectedly windy and cold for our May wedding, and he was a champ as he was probably hit the hardest with the breezes from the mountains. The price was great and I would use them again.

Profile Picture Tegab, 5/14/16, 14 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

Justin was our DJ and he was awesome. I had a specific list with some songs that were not readily available so he was able to get them from my computer remotely. He also had a great vibe of the crowd and played the right songs at the right time. He also had a list of my must plays and made that happen as well. I will definitely use Justin and/or Sound Extreme again!

Profile Picture Lauren, 11/21/15, 2 Reviews
4.7

We had very specific requests in terms of the music we wanted and didn't want played during our event and the DJ was very respectful of our requests. He also helped us to move along the event and announce important moments without being intrusive or overzealous. We had many compliments about the music and sound levels during the course of the evening. We had a great experience and were impressed with the level of professionalism we encountered.

Profile Picture User4992163, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

I would highly recommend Paul Gerber of Sound Extreme. He did a great job as DJ for our wedding. We spoke before hand to review genres we liked, didn’t like, songs we didn’t want to be played, bridal party introductions, etc. I provided a playlist of songs but told him to feel free to use his own judgement to play what kept people on the dance floor and that’s exactly what he did. People were dancing all night and everyone had a great time! I would highly recommend him to other brides.

Profile Picture Ashley, 9/12/15, 6 Reviews
3.6

Had difficulty establishing communication with anyone at the company initially but Justin took great care of us during the reception...even offering to get us drinks/food/anything else we needed throughout!

Profile Picture User4747091, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Sound extreme was awesome! Our DJ Justin was able to 'feel the crowd' and play music accordingly.

Profile Picture User5109215, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Steven Harris did an amazing job with our event. We l at him have free reign over the music and only gave him a "do not play list". When there were requests he would consult with the groom and I to be sure it was okay. Everyone danced all night and it was fabulous! Truely a night I will never forget. Thanks Steven and Sound extreme!!!

Profile Picture Nicole, 10/10/14, 7 Reviews