Sound Defying Entertainment Reviews

39 | Denville, NJ

39 Reviews for Sound Defying Entertainment

• Craig

Craig · Married on 09/01/2018

Mike helped make the process so easy, stress free and made sure everyone had an amazing time. Thanks so much!

Sent on 09/16/2018

Dina · event on 11/25/2017

Mike and Mike did an amazing job at my son's Bar Mitzvah! The kids and adults had a great time and there was a perfect balance of activities for the kids and music for the adults. From my initial contact through to the end of the night Sound Defying Entertainment was a pleasure to work with!

Sent on 11/30/2017

Jen · Married on 05/21/2017

Mike did an amazing job at my wedding two weeks ago as well as my sisters wedding 3 years ago. He's not an "in your face" DJ which I appreciated. He juggled American wedding music with our Lebanese background and did so flawlessly. The photo booth was a great added touch! Everything was perfect.

Sent on 06/02/2017

Christina · event on 10/14/2016

Mike was awesome!! This DJ was perfect for our engagement party. He listened to our requests and everyone had a blast! Would definitely use him again!

Sent on 10/18/2016

Alicia · event on 03/12/2016

GREAT NIGHT! Our DJ was AWESOME! Even though my daughter went out of order on her candle ceremony, Mike somehow caught it and still played the right songs for the right people. My daughter's friends also told her and us that the DJ was awesome. And they have been to a lot of Sweet 16s. THANKS AGAIN for making her Sweet 16 SUPER FUN!

Sent on 03/16/2016
  • User5625144 · event on 11/14/2015

Sound Defying Entertainment and Mike did a wonderful job DJing, and providing an energetic atmosphere for our glow in the dark Sweet 16 party. None of the kids left the dance floor all night, and were exhausted after the 4 hrs of constant motion - what more could you ask for!!

Sent on 11/18/2015

Marie · event on 06/27/2015

Our DJ Erica was great! My daughter and her friends thought she was awesome. She was very professional and made everyone feel comfortable. I had doubts hiring a DJ company online without hearing their work, but I was pleasantly surprised and very satisfied. Several of my guests came up to me and asked where I found my DJ. You won't go wrong with SDE!!

Sent on 07/01/2015

Jacqueline · Married on 05/16/2015

Sound defying entertainment was excellent. Mike answered all our emails very promptly and was able to meet our needs and make the whole process run smoothly. He really made the night come alive with his music, lighting, and fun props. He was a pleasure to work with from start to finish and took any worry of sound and entertainment for the night off our hands! Highly recommended!

Sent on 05/29/2015

Hazel · event on 05/08/2015

Great job I was very happy I would use this company again

Sent on 05/12/2015

Veronica · event on 03/20/2015

They were the BEST djs and so understanding and cooperative ! Mike and John are amazing and so nice to the kids and adults alike! Would HIGHLY recommend !

Sent on 03/24/2015
  • User4574417 · event on 11/22/2014

DJ Mike was very friendly and accommodated all song requests. Our party really went non-stop with a packed dance floor- what more could we ask for. Plus we had BlackLights at the event and it was a HUGE success.

Sent on 11/27/2014

Mark · event on 10/19/2014

Mike and Sound Defying Entertainment did an awesome job for our 25th Anniversary Party. Mike is a professional and made the event even more special with a great mix of music for all the guests. We received many compliments from the guests on the music and the great job Mike did. Thanks again Mike.

Sent on 10/23/2014
  • User3898826 · event on 02/08/2014

We used Sound Defying Entertainment for our school event with approx. 500 elementary school children. Mike was great with the kids, the music selection was perfect and everyone had a great time. Everyone loved the photo booth too. Thanks!

Sent on 02/12/2014
  • User3800050 · event on 01/04/2014

Sound Defying Entertainment dj'd my daughter's sweet 16. They were excellent, professional & helped to make the night unforgettable.
    We also rented a photo booth from them & it was a big hit! Great photo strips both kids and adults had a blast!

Sent on 01/09/2014

The music selections were perfect for our mixed crowd and everyone enjoyed dancing. I would definitely recommend Mike for any event. He is very professional and the client login page provided made the whole process easy from start to finish!

Sent on 11/30/2013

Cindy · Married on 09/22/2013

Mike was great. He did exactly what I asked and we had a great night of entertainment because of it. I would recommend him to anyone and will use him again If i ever need a DJ. He really made my wedding special.

Sent on 10/09/2013

Kathia · event on 09/10/2013

We had a corporate event with colleagues from 8 different countries. The DJ was very proffesional, provided great music appropriate to the event and kept everyone on the dance floor. The flow of the event was just right. I received many compliments from meeting participants. Thanks for helping our event be succesfull!

Sent on 09/16/2013

Hannah · event on 08/23/2013

Mike from Sound Defying Entertainment was extremely nice and easy to work with! He had fulfilled all of my requests and made my big night the best it could have ever been. The prices just cannot be beat nor compared to any other DJ. There was no other DJ with comparable prices that I found that could pull off a black light theme. But on top of that, Mike provided black light bubbles that everyone fawned over, black light necklaces and glow sticks. The music was on point and the lighting was so fun and absolutely brilliant. I would recommend Sound Defying Entertainment to anyone and everyone!!

Sent on 08/27/2013

Sandra · event on 08/02/2013

I would recommend this DJ to all my friends and family, we loved it

Sent on 08/06/2013
  • User3321725 · event on 06/08/2013

Mike and his team did an amazing job, all the kids had fun they were engaged and he even managed to get the adults out on the dance floor. In addition, the web-site he provides with the planning documents and music list really helped in making sure my daughter was happy with the music selection. I could not have asked for a better DJ. I do have to add that I did shop around for DJ's and was told by two other's in the NJ area that if I did not book immediately i would not have a DJ available. Their prices were double what Sound Defying was proposing, yet Mike never pushed us to getting a contract signed immediately and did not try to sell us with fear. Bravo to Sound Defying!

Sent on 06/13/2013

Kathleen · event on 04/20/2013

Mike was fantastic. We had 30 adults and 29 kids at the party--Mike made it a relaxing event for the adults because he was so engaged with the kids. Worth every penny and then some!

Sent on 04/24/2013

Janet · event on 01/05/2013

We had a wonderful party thanks to Sound Defying Entertainment.
    I would reccomand them to everyone.

Sent on 01/09/2013

Dorothy · event on 12/14/2012

DJ's were excellent.......................................................................

Sent on 12/18/2012

My original photo booth vendor, Dreams Studio Photography, cancelled on me literally the day before my wedding when I had paid them in full. Mike Dobkin at Sound Defying Entertainment was our savior! He gave me a great price and booked me with 24 hours to go. His props were hilarious!!! Due to the fact that a lot of people take your photo copies and dont end up leaving one in the guest book I was given a thumb drive with 2 folders (each had a duplicate .zip file just in case). What a great night! Thanks for making it all right :)

Sent on 11/28/2012

Joanne · event on 10/26/2012

I needed to change the date of my event a few weeks before the party and MYNJDJ was very flexible and easy to work with. My daughter and her guests had a great time.

Sent on 10/30/2012