Sound Defying Entertainment Reviews

39 | Denville, NJ

39 Reviews for Sound Defying Entertainment

39 Sound Defying Entertainment Reviews

Craig · Married on 09/01/2018

Mike helped make the process so easy, stress free and made sure everyone had an amazing time. Thanks so much!

Christina · event on: 10/14/2016

Mike was awesome!! This DJ was perfect for our engagement party. He listened to our requests and everyone had a blast! Would definitely use him again!

Jen · Married on 05/21/2017

Mike did an amazing job at my wedding two weeks ago as well as my sisters wedding 3 years ago. He's not an "in your face" DJ which I appreciated. He juggled American wedding music with our Lebanese background and did so flawlessly. The photo booth was a great added touch! Everything was perfect.

Jacqueline · Married on 05/16/2015

Sound defying entertainment was excellent. Mike answered all our emails very promptly and was able to meet our needs and make the whole process run smoothly. He really made the night come alive with his music, lighting, and fun props. He was a pleasure to work with from start to finish and took any worry of sound and entertainment for the night off our hands! Highly recommended!

The music selections were perfect for our mixed crowd and everyone enjoyed dancing. I would definitely recommend Mike for any event. He is very professional and the client login page provided made the whole process easy from start to finish!

Cindy · Married on 09/22/2013

Mike was great. He did exactly what I asked and we had a great night of entertainment because of it. I would recommend him to anyone and will use him again If i ever need a DJ. He really made my wedding special.

My original photo booth vendor, Dreams Studio Photography, cancelled on me literally the day before my wedding when I had paid them in full. Mike Dobkin at Sound Defying Entertainment was our savior! He gave me a great price and booked me with 24 hours to go. His props were hilarious!!! Due to the fact that a lot of people take your photo copies and dont end up leaving one in the guest book I was given a thumb drive with 2 folders (each had a duplicate .zip file just in case). What a great night! Thanks for making it all right :)

Jonathan · Married on 09/29/2012

All I can say is, Thank You Mike, for making our wedding amazing. The music selection was spot on, we were picky about what type of music we wanted and Mike nailed it. He was upbeat, professional, and kept things moving. We couldn't be happier with our DJ selection.

Thanks again, Mike!

Did everything via email they promised and delivered great lighting it made all the difference in the hall! Absolutely loved the look and the color was perfect!

Janet · event on: 01/05/2013

We had a wonderful party thanks to Sound Defying Entertainment.
    I would reccomand them to everyone.

M · Married on 06/21/2008

After speaking to so many DJs and seeing their prices, I felt the deal I was getting from Sound Defying Entertainment was almost too good, but everything felt right. Mike understood that we weren't looking for anything over the top. Just something simple and classy. Although he did show us all the other options her offers he did not pressure us at all and we ended up with his basic package which was just perfect for our small reception. He was so fast to answer my emails too! Highly recommended.

Dina · event on: 11/25/2017

Mike and Mike did an amazing job at my son's Bar Mitzvah! The kids and adults had a great time and there was a perfect balance of activities for the kids and music for the adults. From my initial contact through to the end of the night Sound Defying Entertainment was a pleasure to work with!

C · event on: 03/30/2012

SDE made it extremely easy to book their services for our daughter's Sweet 16. Prices were very reasonable. In addition there is a wide range of entertainment and lighting choices to select from. The best feature for my daughter was that she could create a playlist online (!!) They are very professional and I would definitely use them again!

• User2425491 · event on: 05/05/2012

Great music, played all the requests! Understood the feel of the crowd, and everyone said it was one of the best parties they have ever been to! He did not use the microphone much, so we had non-stop dancing for a very reasonable price.

Tricia · event on: 06/16/2012

Sound Defying Entertainment is reliable and professional. The company listens to the customer and provides what the customer wants.

Joanne · event on: 10/26/2012

I needed to change the date of my event a few weeks before the party and MYNJDJ was very flexible and easy to work with. My daughter and her guests had a great time.

Dorothy · event on: 12/14/2012

DJ's were excellent.......................................................................

Kathleen · event on: 04/20/2013

Mike was fantastic. We had 30 adults and 29 kids at the party--Mike made it a relaxing event for the adults because he was so engaged with the kids. Worth every penny and then some!

• User3321725 · event on: 06/08/2013

Mike and his team did an amazing job, all the kids had fun they were engaged and he even managed to get the adults out on the dance floor. In addition, the web-site he provides with the planning documents and music list really helped in making sure my daughter was happy with the music selection. I could not have asked for a better DJ. I do have to add that I did shop around for DJ's and was told by two other's in the NJ area that if I did not book immediately i would not have a DJ available. Their prices were double what Sound Defying was proposing, yet Mike never pushed us to getting a contract signed immediately and did not try to sell us with fear. Bravo to Sound Defying!

Sandra · event on: 08/02/2013

I would recommend this DJ to all my friends and family, we loved it

Hannah · event on: 08/23/2013

Mike from Sound Defying Entertainment was extremely nice and easy to work with! He had fulfilled all of my requests and made my big night the best it could have ever been. The prices just cannot be beat nor compared to any other DJ. There was no other DJ with comparable prices that I found that could pull off a black light theme. But on top of that, Mike provided black light bubbles that everyone fawned over, black light necklaces and glow sticks. The music was on point and the lighting was so fun and absolutely brilliant. I would recommend Sound Defying Entertainment to anyone and everyone!!

Kathia · event on: 09/10/2013

We had a corporate event with colleagues from 8 different countries. The DJ was very proffesional, provided great music appropriate to the event and kept everyone on the dance floor. The flow of the event was just right. I received many compliments from meeting participants. Thanks for helping our event be succesfull!

• User3800050 · event on: 01/04/2014

Sound Defying Entertainment dj'd my daughter's sweet 16. They were excellent, professional & helped to make the night unforgettable.
    We also rented a photo booth from them & it was a big hit! Great photo strips both kids and adults had a blast!

• User3898826 · event on: 02/08/2014

We used Sound Defying Entertainment for our school event with approx. 500 elementary school children. Mike was great with the kids, the music selection was perfect and everyone had a great time. Everyone loved the photo booth too. Thanks!

Mark · event on: 10/19/2014

Mike and Sound Defying Entertainment did an awesome job for our 25th Anniversary Party. Mike is a professional and made the event even more special with a great mix of music for all the guests. We received many compliments from the guests on the music and the great job Mike did. Thanks again Mike.