Sound Decision Mobile DJ Service Reviews

View more information

4.7 out of 5 rating

Jasmine C. Married on 06/18/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Paul was so great, I highly recommend!

What a great experience, Paul went above and beyond! With last minute song updates, additional speeches, and some other surprises, we were far from organized! Paul was very accommodating and figured out how to make everything work smoothly. He also made the time to check in frequently to make sure we were content and had what we needed. There was dancing all night and we got to enjoy most if not all of our requested songs!
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer D. Married on 10/23/2021

Great dj service!

Paul was absolutely fantastic. He pays attention to details, is courteous and professional and was so nice! He really made sure that the evening flowed and was responsive to the dance crowd and played the music that would keep people on the dance floor! Thank you Paul!
    Rita B. Married on 10/02/2021

Amazing dj!

Paul was just incredibly wonderful to work with. Our wedding was in October in Ithaca, and we were not in Ithaca. In fact, we were all over the place and really awful at planning in general, but Paul came to the rescue! He was not at all phased by our disorganization and helped us to organize not only the music, but also the flow of the event. He kept checking in with us about different pieces and remembered everything. I don't think it would have been nearly as smooth without him. On top of it, he is just an incredibly nice person. We are so, so thankful to Paul for making our wedding a success. I would highly recommend him!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
  • Brenton
    Brenton S. Married on 08/09/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Professional, Accommodating, and Great Execution! No Complaints!

After speaking to a few different DJs, we ultimately felt that Sound Decision (Paul) was... well... a sound decision! Ha! He was the perfect balance of what we were looking for and fell within our budget. From the very start, Paul was professional and thorough, speaking to us on the phone and providing us with detailed forms to fill out. I felt very strongly about the music, not only what we would like to have played, but also which songs we did NOT want played. We provided a very extensive, detailed list of songs to choose from, as well as a short list of Do-Not-Play. His form was very specific, ensuring that each person or group walking down the aisle was accounted for and had a song selected for that portion of the ceremony/reception. He even cut together a couple songs we were using for our first dance at no additional charge and it was perfectly executed! In the moment before the ceremony began, he provided me with a mic so the guests would have no trouble hearing myself, my wife, or the officiant. The ceremony was outdoors, so this was a huge help, and he did a fantastic job during that portion. Relocating to the ballroom for the reception, he set the room up perfectly. At no point did we feel that he went off script, he didn't talk more than was needed, and his arrangement of songs from our curated list was right on the money! There was only one song the entire night that was played from our DNP list, but only AFTER he checked with us. That was thoughtful and professional! My mom requested it, so that wasn't a problem. I gave her a pass. Paul did everything that was needed and was able to adapt and be flexible in an instant. We had a great little chat after the ceremony and received some words of wisdom from him as well as a nice little memento. I wouldn't hesitate for a second to hire Paul again for any DJ needs. This was definitely a Sound Decision!
    Caitlyn Married on 07/01/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Paul was great! He took the time to make sure he played music that we love mixed in with what made sense for the crowd. He was extremely easy to work with, responsive to emails, and very professional!
    Alexander Married on 09/22/2007
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We were EXTREMELY happy with Paul as our DJ. As a matter of fact, Paul was the smoothest, most low stress part of our wedding! We could not have been happier with his service! Numerous people have asked us for recommendations and we thought it might be helpful to showcase how amazing he is with a Q&A someone asked us to fill out: Please continue to read on...

Q - What kind of DJ was he?

A - He was polite and extremely professional. He listened to our ideas and preferences and performed accordingly. He did nothing we did not like.

Q - Did he talk to the crowd a lot or not?

A - He talked to the crowd as appropriate. Enough to keep them involved but not so much that he bothered the guests all night (we requested he be more on the quite side, my husband and I hate it when DJ's are extremely vocal - to us that feels cheesy). I am sure if you tell him you would like him to be more involved he would be happy to do that.

He has a confidence that radiates and his experience is resoundingly evident.

Q - How was his song selection?

A - His song selection was great - we gave him a list of songs to play, to NOT play, and other examples of what we like and he became our own "pandora radio" we couldn't have been happier. He was extraordinarily in tune with what my wife and I were looking for.

Q - Did he work with you beforehand to understand your likes/dislikes, and did he incorporate those into the reception?

A - Yes, absolutely, he met with us a few times before the wedding and gave us forms to fill out, explained everything he could/would do and then let us pick what we wanted.
  • User2497720 2+ years ago
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Paul was great! He accommodated our needs by working with some non-standard logistics ( outdoor and indoor multiple set-ups) by smart planning! He met up with us to check out he venue and utilized the existing soundsystem for dinner in order to streamline his process and to keep our music flowing! No complaints, many compliments. He played our music selections, took requests, and otherwise played to the audience. Well done!
  • User841419 2+ years ago
      4.5 out of 5 rating
    Paul was such a professional, and he provided an elegant atmosphere to our wedding reception. He was able to get my guests to dance. His music though was a little bit outdated....he didn't play any current top hits...we were promised lighting effects, but didn't get any...Nevertheless, we all enjoyed the night....

Sound Decision Mobile DJ Service's reply:

Wish I knew who "User2504160" was so I could recall the wedding. Thank you for the review! Not sure how my music library could have been outdated? I have subscribed to "Top Hits USA" from the start of my business and I get all the most popular hits as they are released to radio stations. I always bring this part of my music library to every wedding as well as my lighting effects.
  • User1019858 2+ years ago
    4 out of 5 rating
      3.5 out of 5 rating
      3.5 out of 5 rating
    Paul DJed our October wedding. He kept the crowd going and listened to our suggestions. He also did a good job moving the crowd from one location to the next which took the pressure off of us. He is also a really nice guy.