Sound Advice DJ, Lighting, & Photo Booths Reviews

196 | Greenwood, IN

196 Reviews for Sound Advice DJ, Lighting, & Photo Booths

196 Sound Advice DJ, Lighting, & Photo Booths Reviews

Emily · Married on 10/05/2018

Mike is AMAZING! He was so good at feeling out the crowd and knowing exactly what to play. Our guests kept telling us how awesome our DJ was. We highly recommend him! Thank you again Mike for help making our day great!!

Sound Advice DJ, Lighting, & Photo Booths 1
    Sound Advice DJ, Lighting, & Photo Booths 2
    Sound Advice DJ, Lighting, & Photo Booths 3

Emily · Married on 09/28/2018

Mike was a blast to work with and was very accommodating. My biggest priority was making sure people were always entertained throughout my wedding and people stayed on the dance floor throughout the night--and he made sure of that to a "T." I would recommend him over and over again.

Gretchen · Married on 06/30/2018

I cannot say enough about Mike. He went above and beyond all my expectations!! He was amazing. I didn’t give him much direction except to say that I wanted lots of dancing and that it was very important to me...he reassured me and told me that he knew exactly what to do. He did! He was incredible and so easy to work with. As if his DJ-ing wasn’t enough...he and his assistant also took photos and the day after the wedding had posted them to Facebook. They were fantastic. Look no further than DJ Mike Soind Advice!!! He was truly phenomenal :)

Kylie · Married on 06/24/2018

After seating down with Mike for 5 minutes he knew exactly what we were wanting for our wedding. He was a perfect fit! He genuinely seemed just as excited for our wedding as we were. Insanely professional and paid great attention to detail. Highly recommend!!!!
    Matt & Kylie

Hannah · Married on 06/23/2018

Mike Campbell came recommended to us by our wedding venue/coordinator. I can't say enough good things about Mike and his services on our wedding day. He is a true professional and amazing at what he does! We booked Mike about a year in advance and he was always available to discuss details or answer our questions and was always very accommodating. On the day of the wedding he made sure that the reception went smoothly and did a fantastic job reading the crowd and getting everyone on the dance floor. He recieved so many compliments from our guests. I highly recommend Mike/Sound Advice. Thanks, Mike for making our day so memorable!

Katelyn · Married on 06/16/2018

Do not get married, host a party, etc. without DJ Mike! He served as DJ at my cousin's wedding back in 2016 and was great. Prior to that, I had hired him to DJ our law school prom, and he crushed it. He was the only choice when Alex and I tied the knot. I cannot recommend him enough!

• Jessica

Jessica · Married on 06/10/2018

Mike and his wife are simply amazing! Mike made himself readily available anytime we needed him and his passion for people and music is undeniable. We couldn't imagine our big day with any other DJ.

Hannah · Married on 06/09/2018

Mike helped keep the party going all the way until the end. He was very professional yet played the music we wanted to hear. We loved having him as a part of our wedding!!

Sydney · Married on 05/26/2018

Mike was great! The music set the tone perfectly throughout the night, and he was fun to work with.

Stephanie · Married on 05/19/2018

Mike is awesome. If you are looking for a DJ for your wedding and you hire Mike you will absolutely not be disappointed. He is so responsive. Mike met with me prior to the wedding and made follow up phone calls prior to the wedding to go over music selections and our wedding timeline. He is so organized and easy to work with. On top of being an awesome DJ and keeping everyone dancing all night he also took AWESOME pictures that he posted online for us the day after our wedding (100's of pictures of our guests, venue, ceremony etc) I mean I felt like I had a second photographer at my wedding. He worked so well not only with us but with our other vendors at the wedding allowing our solo guitarist to plug into his system and coordinating music with our ceremony. Mike seriously we really enjoyed having you at the wedding and don't ever stop doing what you do because you're the best. Thanks again for everything you did this weekend and putting up with our crazy friends and family :)

• Lauren

Lauren · Married on 04/27/2018

Mike was awesome to work with!! He had his work cut out for him with our crowd - they were not making their way to the dance floor, everyone seemed to want to talk over cocktails! Eventually, the dance floor was busy and stayed that way the rest of the night. Mike is great at what he does, and if I had to do it over again, I'd let him do his thing without doing must plays and don't plays (even though we didn't have many don't plays, people like that darned chacha slide!)
    The last song brought down the house, and a few pairs of pants, its a Johnny thing! Our last photo ended up amazing and you can tell by the size of the crowd still left that people had a great time and we owe that to Mike! Thanks so much Mike!!!!

Nathan · Married on 04/07/2018

Working with Mike for our wedding was an absolute breeze. He made the entire process as simple as could be, and my wife and I always felt like we could reach out to him with an idea that would be met. On the big day, Mike did an amazing job of being very reassuring while also taking care of his business. We got so many compliments about our DJ, and we couldn't be happier with the job he did.

Brett · Married on 03/31/2018

Mike was fantastic, attentive to detail, and professional! I truly believe that a great DJ is half the battle when getting people to truly enjoy your wedding reception! With Mike's assistance, the dance floor was going for the entire reception! Moreover, his website was easy to navigate and helped make the planning process so much easier. He called me shortly before the wedding to ensure that he knew the pronunciation for all of the wedding party and to clarify the final plan for the wedding day.

emily · Married on 12/15/2017

Where do I even start? Mike is the best! If you want a top notch DJ that can listen to your wants and desires then hire him. He kept our party going and incorporated all the music we wanted to hear. As a fellow wedding vendor I cannot recommend Mike enough. Go and hire him now!

Libby · Married on 11/04/2017

Mike is by far the best DJ you can find! Our dance floor was packed the second dancing begun until it ended.. 2.5 hours later. 200+ on the dance floor the entire reception was the best thing we could have asked for! Mike is so enthusiastic and fun to work with. You can tell he loves what he does. Thank you so much Mike!!

Sound Advice DJ, Lighting, & Photo Booths 4
    Sound Advice DJ, Lighting, & Photo Booths 5
    Sound Advice DJ, Lighting, & Photo Booths 6
    Sound Advice DJ, Lighting, & Photo Booths 7

Emily · Married on 10/14/2017

Mike is absolutely terrific! Professional, timely, and kept the dance floor PACKED the entire evening from start to finish! We could not have been happier with our choice in Sound Advice! Would highly recommend if you are looking for a great DJ!

Jordan · Married on 09/09/2017

Mike was wonderful to work with. A friend suggested him to me & then we met him at our venue's grand opening and I knew it was meant to be! Thanks Mike for everything, we loved having you as our DJ.

Stacey · Married on 09/02/2017

If you are looking for an awesome DJ we highly recommend Sound Advice. Best DJ ever! Mike was awesome to work with! He kept everything moving, took awesome pictures and kept everyone dancing all night! We had a blast! Thanks again Mike for everything!

Hannah · Married on 08/26/2017

Mike is absolutely fantastic and one of the most passionate individuals I've come across throughout my wedding planning process. He is very detail oriented and goes above and beyond for his clients. I quite literally didn't leave the dancefloor a my wedding as he kept playing everything I loved. Guests loved him and so did my husband and I!

Abby · Married on 08/05/2017

Mike is AMAZING!!!! We had so many compliments after our wedding on how awesome the DJ was! We have attended many weddings and we knew how important the DJ was and could not have been happier with our referral to Mike! First off, we had a family member have an unexpected illness which resulted in us postponing the wedding. He was totally supportive and always asked about the family member. Leading up to the wedding he answered all my questions and was willing to talk over the phone whenever needed. My brother in law sang our first song and Mike worked closely with him to ensure that the sound was perfect and it was awesome! He even worked with my MOH's to put together a surprise rap. My sister in law said he was extremely helpful and kept this is a complete secret from my husband and myself. During our first dances we had different small moments (slideshow, specific guests joining during songs etc) we wanted highlighted and Mike did not miss a beat. He helped to turn our dream reception into the perfect reception. We were told it was the party of the year and a lot of that was due to Mike!! Highly recommend him!

Oh and the pictures he takes during the reception is priceless!!! They are so awesome and we have pictures of everyone dancing and at the end of the night! Thank you Mike for everything!

Morgan · Married on 07/30/2017

This DJ was awesome! He didn't forget a single thing and kept the reception fun and engaging the whole time! My guests have RAVED about him and how he was able to keep the party going even on a Sunday night! :)

Kara · Married on 06/17/2017

I LOVE MIKE CAMPBELL. And you will too!

First, his patience and professionalism (plus his obvious passion for making your wedding amazing) are what hooked us on Mike & Sound Advice Indy. He answered all of my questions with ease, and reassured me along the way. I am a frequent emailer and question asker, and Mike never lost patience and always responded quickly.

Pre-wedding, Mike and I chatted over the phone, and he again reassured me that the day would go smoothly. I surprised everyone with a song written for my Dad, and Mike kept the secret and played the song I gave him easily.

Day of, Mike showed up on time, had everything set up, and had a huge smile on his face. He DJ'd the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception, and brought up lighting as well. He also worked with my dad to surprise me during my dad's speech! I had COUNTLESS compliments on songs and Mike's style of playing them. He orchestrated our entrance perfectly, pronounced all names correctly, and, finally, took some ridiculously amazing photos. AND this was all over Father's Day / Mike's birthday weekend.

Mike is truly the example of the wedding vendor every bride wants. I feel like he's my friend. My husband has all the same things to say about him as well. My wedding was in Bloomington, IN and Mike had no qualms about traveling either. Honestly, nothing bad to say.

Look no further than Mike for your wedding DJ.

Lindsey · Married on 05/20/2017

If you're looking for a DJ, stop here. Mike is the best. THE BEST DJ. My family had a specific dj we wanted for my wedding because we had been to a few of their previous weddings. When I contacted that dj, he informed me he wasn't scheduling any more weddings due to his health but he put his word behind Mike. I was a little nervous honestly but I really trusted the first guy,
    so we met with Mike just to see what he was about. After meetimg him, we didn't even need five minutes to discuss whether or not we wanted Mike, and we booked him that first day. He was always responsive leading up to the wedding. Mike met with my husband, my maid of honor, and me a few days before the wedding. He was very open and accommodating with our requests. I left that meeting feeling very peaceful because I knew my wedding was in good hands with Mike. On the actual day of the wedding, he did everything perfectly. I know I'm biased because it was my wedding but it was the best party I've ever been to. Our main goal of the reception was for everyone to have a good time. I think they did, and then some. Everyone, LITERALLY EVERYONE, has talked to me about how great of a time they had and how awesome the dj was. The photographer even said she got Mike's card to recommend him to her other clients because he was that good. The dj can honestly make or break the reception mood. I feel like djs don't often get recognized. Like if they're bad you complain, but otherwise it's a good time. But my wedding was so much more than just a good time. It was just so so perfect. I could keep going but I'll stop here. Basically I want you to know that every 5/5 review of Mike is totally legit, mine included. And thank you to the Campbells-our wedding was a long time coming so I had built it up a lot in my head. I was so afraid it was going to be less spectacular because I had been fantasizing about it for so long. but you guys gave me a wedding beyond anything I had dreamt of during these last 2 years.

Bekah · Married on 05/06/2017

We were both so happy with the service Mike provided! He was very responsive with all my questions and thought of everything. We had a photo slideshow at our reception and I did not even think about needing a speaker for the sound until Mike brought it up and hooked up a speaker for us! He also had no problem accommodating our last minute requests and was ready to go with both an indoor and outdoor sound system in case we changed our mind for where we wanted the ceremony. As everyone else has said in the reviews the pictures taken at the wedding was such a great bonus!!! It was so fun to see all the pictures the day after our wedding and they were really good pictures!!!! He took a big group picture at the end of the night and it's one of my favorite pictures from the night. AND most importantly the music played was great and he kept everyone dancing! His prices are also fair and he's upfront with all costs...no hidden costs or extra fees. I can't recommend Mike with Sound Advice highly enough!

Gabrielle · Married on 03/25/2017

Mike is AMAZING. Plain and simple...there is no other word to explain how perfect he is. When my fiancé and I began looking for a DJ I had seen Mike's information come through on Facebook. I went to his website and checked out his work and even asked a few other couples about their experience with him. Every couple I spoke to had nothing but amazing things to say about going with Sound Advice. I emailed Mike back and forth several times before booking and he always responded quickly (within hours) and with the answers we wanted to hear. He is very accommodating and really cares about what he does. About a month out before our wedding, we set up a Starbucks date to meet and run through everything one last time. Mike was so professional, SO kind, very helpful and it was truly reassuring to speak with someone that you could tell was completely passionate about what they do. He made it known that our wedding day was equally important to him as it was to us. That to us was what sold us. People tend to spend less on DJ's for their weddings and don't always consider how big of a part they play in your reception. They essentially set the tone and create the atmosphere for your reception...and Mike did a WONDERFUL job...doing that. So many people mentioned how fun Mike was and that there was a good balance of different types of music throughout the night - I truly believe we wouldn't have had that with anyone else.

Lastly...Mike takes picture throughout the night of your reception and then posts them next day. We LOVED sitting at the airport and seeing photos from the night before. It was a nice touch to everything he had already done for us. Please don't go anywhere else, you will not be upset choosing Sound Advice!!