Sound Advice DJ, Lighting, & Photo Booths Reviews

213 | Greenwood, IN

213 Reviews for Sound Advice DJ, Lighting, & Photo Booths

Julie & Casey Young · Married on 11/16/2019

Absolutely Amazing!

Our wedding was absolutely perfect, large in part to our DJ, DJ Mike! Everyone was dancing the entire night! He knew just what to play and could read the crowd! We had people saying all night how much they loved the music! Thank you so much to Mike for making our day everything we wanted it to be and more!
    Julie and Casey!!

Sent on 11/18/2019

Cortnie · Married on 09/14/2019

Wonderful DJ!

I would definitely recommend him!! Mike is fantastic! My husband is very into music and he was able to talk to mike multiple times and add a lot more requests/playlists than I’m sure most people do. He has a great website set up to help with organization, do not play songs, and those you want. He calls to check in close to the wedding to make he has more info about timeline and who is involved. I was impressed even before the wedding. We had great music in all parts of our day, but the dancing was amazing! He is the best at keeping everyone on the dance floor and reading the room and knowing exactly what to pick. It’s hard to take a break because there was no songs that I disliked. He also takes some great pictures throughout so you have a large amount sooner than you will from your photographer. He’s the gold standard we judge all DJs by now. Definitely choose him for your big day!

Sent on 10/30/2019
  • Julie

Julie Phillips · Married on 09/01/2019

Mike helped make our day amazing!

Mike helped to make our wedding a huge success! Mike was extremely professional and responsive right from our first conversation! You can tell he has a passion for his job and he is very talented at DJing. He knows how to keep the wedding upbeat and flowing, while also staying on the timeline! Plus he took a ton of photos which we loved having the day after the wedding to reflect back on while we waited for our professional photos to be returned! We really enjoyed him and would highly recommend him for any event!

Sent on 10/23/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren Monroy · Married on 08/11/2019

One of the best decisions we made!

Hiring DJ Mike was one of the best decisions that we made when wedding planning. He is extremely organized and prepared (even going over bridal party pronunciation with us ahead of wedding day), but also flexible and very calm. He made our wedding day fun and stress free!

Sent on 11/22/2019
  • Laura

Laura Goggin · Married on 08/09/2019

Best Indianapolis DJ

Mike was so wonderful to work with! When speaking with him on the phone, we could hear in his voice just how passionate he is about his work. Mike was great with communication and very flexible with our schedules as we planned our wedding from out of state. He helped us create our wedding timeline, provided valid suggestions, and helped us choose the perfect song for each part of the reception. So many of our guests commented on how great the music was throughout the evening and weeks after. He has a special way of reading his audiences and always plays the right song at the right time. Not only is Mike the best DJ, he also takes photos throughout the evening! It was great to have a sneak peak of the reception before we received our photographer's pictures! We have been lucky enough to have Mike as a DJ at other weddings we have attended and he has been just as fabulous!

Sent on 10/23/2019

Morgan Dekoninck · Married on 06/08/2019

Mike is the man!

Mike went above and beyond for our wedding. Our original DJ had to back out due to health concerns, so Mike graciously cleared his schedule to accommodate our wedding. He is very detail-oriented and he made the whole experience stress-free. From the first time we talked on the phone, I knew he would take our wedding to the next level. He always replies in a timely manner, has the best personality, and gets it right every time. Lastly, he took SEVENTY pictures and posted them for us to see! We could not have imagined our wedding without him!

Sent on 06/09/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren Topmiller · Married on 06/01/2019

Amazing Service!

I could not be happier with our choice in DJ! Mike is so kind and friendly but professional and good at what he does. Pays attention to detail and listens to what you want. He took such great care of us and I had no worries or doubts about how the night would be. Everyone had a blast!

Sent on 06/03/2019
  • Nicole

Nicole Riley · Married on 05/11/2019

Stupendous

There are so so many wonderful things to say! As a bride who is very into music, this was one of the most important choices for me!
    Mike met us at a Starbucks, which immediately was easy going. I have a toddler and not only was he awesome and in depth with the entire planning, he was able to display so much patience with our son who was eating his business cards! To me, that's a huge huge deal!
    From then on, everything, the contact, the helping when I forgot my password, finalizing, EVERYTHING, was above and beyond!
    Then we get to the day of, honestly, that day would not have been the same had we had anyone else DJ. Not only is he super laid back, and fun which put your guests at ease, his wife and himself took pictures, mingled with guests, were open to me changing a few things LAST SECOND, but they are day savers! At the beginning of the ceremony, when all my bridesmaids had already gone up, my veil got stuck and these 2 stepped right in! They made this day even more special than we could have hoped!! You will not regret booking them! On top of all these wonderful things, they are very very well priced!!
    Thank you guys for making our day magical and helping me get unstuck! :) truly amazing people right here

Sent on 06/10/2019
  • Ann

Ann Seefeldt · Married on 05/10/2019

Mike made everything fun!

Mike helped mix together the medley of songs my son (the groom) and I (the MOG) danced to. He had a perfect way of getting everyone on the dance floor and having a great time. There was not a single moment when there was no one on the dance floor! Great blend of all types of music for all ages!

Sent on 10/25/2019

Katie Casey · Married on 01/19/2019

A key part of what made our day so wonderful

I cannot recommend Mike highly enough for your wedding. He was an excellent, excellent emcee that worked with me flawlessly to keep our reception moving along. We had MULTIPLE people compliment us on the professionalism and quality of his work. Mike had a great website that made it easy to pick our songs. You can go deep with your selections, but what I really liked was that he also had a "top 100" list that made it easy to pick what's popular/people will like. I also LOVED the ability to ban certain songs (I don't like line dancing songs, so all those were banned from my event!). He also set up a week-of call that really put my mind at ease. We made a few calls on the fly during the reception and he was right there to help guide us as our brains were a bit fried by then!

Mike also did a few other services that were great: he took an "end of the night" photo which was awesome! (We didn't pay for our photographers to stay the whole evening, so it was nice to have one last photo at the end of the night). He also had an extremely professional-looking DJ setup, and the quality of the sound was great. I've been to weddings where the microphone cut out, and we didn't have that problem at all.

It's hard to know what to spend money on and what to do yourself, but I really think this is an area where an investment in Mike's services will be well worth it. Even for a laid-back, casual wedding like we had, having someone keep us on track was part of what made our day such a success.

Sent on 01/20/2019

Caroline Habig · Married on 01/12/2019

Awesome DJ in the Indy area!

Mike is the best DJ you could ask for! He took everything we wanted into consideration & helped make our wedding day something special. Mike makes sure to keep everything moving & lively on the dance floor. He even takes candid photos throughout the night and uploads them with your permission on the same day so you can quickly enjoy the quick pics, some of them even turned out to be my favorites. I cannot recommend Mike enough to anyone in the Indy area!

Sent on 02/11/2019

Chelsea Tolle · Married on 12/31/2018

Best DJ in Indy!

I cannot imagine our wedding without Mike. First of all, after our first phone call, I immediately felt more at ease about our day. Mike is so professional and truly an expert in his field. On our wedding day, Mike was an incredible MC and kept everyone on the dance floor. Not to mention, he is super fun and takes great pics! THANK YOU MIKE! :)

Sent on 01/14/2019
  • Michele

Michele Mummaw · Married on 12/30/2018

Amazing Personality and Service!

We chose Mike because he is simply the best DJ in the Indy area! His overall positive and infectious demeanor serves him and those that surround him well! He is extremely professional, covers every detail and goes above and beyond the services promised. I personally hired Mike over 20 years ago when he was just beginning in this business and couldn't be happier to call on him again to make my wedding reception amazing! Mike - you are one of a kind and your personality, dedication and integrity have made you an awesome asset to our community! I highly recommend him for any event that requires professional and engaging DJ service, you will be delighted!

Sent on 01/11/2019

Claire · Married on 12/21/2018

Excellent!!

Mike was not only flexible in our music choices, but even when we had requests for music that he didn't have in his library he went out of his way to get it for us. He did such a great job at working with our selections & our guests' selections. He kept everything running smoothly from the ceremony to the reception. Everyone was still up on their feet when the last song of the night came on. There was not a dull moment on the dance floor. I highly recommend Sound Advice for weddings & events!!

Sent on 01/11/2019
  • Brooke

Brooke Leitgeb · Married on 10/27/2018

Dj mike was amazing

To put it simply: our wedding ended in a loud group chant of "DJ Mike". Yes, he is that good. He knows exactly what he is doing and he is a true professional. He made the planning portion of the wedding easy- he had timelines and ideas and was very familiar with our reception venue. He truly put our minds at ease. During our reception, he made sure that we knew exactly what was going on. He came up to my husband and I several times throughout the night to check on us, and just to update us on what was going on. DJ Mike, and his assistant, take their jobs very seriously. I honestly can't say enough about how great our experience with DJ Mike was. Even several of our family members and friends commented on how great he was. If you need a DJ- BOOK DJ MIKE!

Sent on 11/11/2018

Emily · Married on 10/05/2018

Mike is AMAZING! He was so good at feeling out the crowd and knowing exactly what to play. Our guests kept telling us how awesome our DJ was. We highly recommend him! Thank you again Mike for help making our day great!!

Sent on 10/06/2018
  • EmMattOwens

Emily · Married on 09/28/2018

Mike was a blast to work with and was very accommodating. My biggest priority was making sure people were always entertained throughout my wedding and people stayed on the dance floor throughout the night--and he made sure of that to a "T." I would recommend him over and over again.

Sent on 09/30/2010
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 09/15/2018

Amazing DJ!

We loved working with Mike! Everyone was dancing the minute he turned on the music and I received so many compliments on how amazing our DJ was. He was always quick to answer any questions we had and worked closely with us even though we were living in Chicago but planning a wedding in Indianapolis. We loved our additional photos from throughout the day and we loved having him and his team make our day just a little more fun. We loved Sound Advice and would highly recommend them to everyone!

Sent on 11/14/2018
  • Allison

Allison Rocus · Married on 08/11/2018

Best DJ in town!

Mike was such a great DJ to work with and helped us create our perfect wedding! His price was reasonable, and he worked with us leading up to the wedding to take the stress off of choosing songs for the reception. He gave helpful recommendations and was able to provide a variety of music to keep our guests dancing all night! After attending other weddings, we feel we had the best DJ in town and would highly recommend him!

Sent on 01/10/2019

Gretchen · Married on 06/30/2018

I cannot say enough about Mike. He went above and beyond all my expectations!! He was amazing. I didn’t give him much direction except to say that I wanted lots of dancing and that it was very important to me...he reassured me and told me that he knew exactly what to do. He did! He was incredible and so easy to work with. As if his DJ-ing wasn’t enough...he and his assistant also took photos and the day after the wedding had posted them to Facebook. They were fantastic. Look no further than DJ Mike Soind Advice!!! He was truly phenomenal :)

Sent on 07/03/2018

Kylie · Married on 06/24/2018

After seating down with Mike for 5 minutes he knew exactly what we were wanting for our wedding. He was a perfect fit! He genuinely seemed just as excited for our wedding as we were. Insanely professional and paid great attention to detail. Highly recommend!!!!
    Matt & Kylie

Hannah · Married on 06/23/2018

Mike Campbell came recommended to us by our wedding venue/coordinator. I can't say enough good things about Mike and his services on our wedding day. He is a true professional and amazing at what he does! We booked Mike about a year in advance and he was always available to discuss details or answer our questions and was always very accommodating. On the day of the wedding he made sure that the reception went smoothly and did a fantastic job reading the crowd and getting everyone on the dance floor. He recieved so many compliments from our guests. I highly recommend Mike/Sound Advice. Thanks, Mike for making our day so memorable!

Sent on 07/17/2018

Katelyn · Married on 06/16/2018

Do not get married, host a party, etc. without DJ Mike! He served as DJ at my cousin's wedding back in 2016 and was great. Prior to that, I had hired him to DJ our law school prom, and he crushed it. He was the only choice when Alex and I tied the knot. I cannot recommend him enough!

• Jessica

Jessica · Married on 06/10/2018

Mike and his wife are simply amazing! Mike made himself readily available anytime we needed him and his passion for people and music is undeniable. We couldn't imagine our big day with any other DJ.

Sent on 06/19/2018

Hannah · Married on 06/09/2018

Mike helped keep the party going all the way until the end. He was very professional yet played the music we wanted to hear. We loved having him as a part of our wedding!!