Sound Active Events Reviews

Sound Active Events 5
Sound Active Events 6
Sound Active Events 7

alexa · Married on 08/20/2016

If I could give Sound Active Events 6 STARS, I would. Anthony gave my fiancé and I undivided attention during our meetings. He went over every detail about our special day to make sure it went smoothly. Sound Active Events was a one stop shop for me. Anthony provided the DJ, MC, 4 flat screen TVs, a photo booth, a singer, percussionist, saxophone player, my enhanced lighting, a monogram with our initials and even a candid photographer to take pictures all night that streamed on the TVs. My guests raved about how exceptional the music was and did not sit down all night. Everyone was dancing and have the best time. It was truly one of the most incredible nights of my life.

Sent on 09/08/2016

Erica · Married on 08/20/2016

When Steve and I got engaged, we knew who to call: Anthony with Sound Active Events. Anthony has been DJing for parties since as long as I've known him. He DJ'd my Sweet 16! When I called Anthony, I was hit with a "I'm booked already for you date...but I have an amazing team." He set us up with Joey to DJ our wedding and he was AMAZING, as promised. The dance floor was never empty. We also booked a percussionist through Sound Active Events who complimented our DJ and provided an interactive live aspect to our entertainment that everyone loved.
    The planning process was very simple and easy. We were set up with an online system that let us keep track of all our individualized wedding details. We were able to edit our music choices and reception order easily without having to call Anthony everytime. As we got closer to the wedding date, Steve and I decided we were going be introduced to the reception and go immediately into our first dance. This meant that Anthony had to create a custom looped version of our first dance song and he worked with us to get the timing down pat.
    Final verdict: The entertainment was perfect and our experience with Sound Active Events was flawless. I would recommend to anyone!

Sent on 10/04/2016

Dinnisa · Married on 07/31/2016

Where do I begin? Sound Active Events was one of the BEST vendors we had at our wedding. Their packages are tailored to you and so you get to chose what it is you really want. I have to say I love the layout of the online event planning account because it outlines every step of your wedding from your ceremony to end of your reception. If you do not have a wedding planner this is the place to go! I did not have a planner and they made everything come together so beautifully. He had my wedding party line up for the reception in the correct order, knew everyone by name, it just all came together beautifully.
    I recommend you get the percussionist like we did. It's unique. I certainly enjoyed and they even had me play with them! I felt like a star and had our guests astonished. It also made for a great picture and video. You could see the joy on my face. The workers at the venue said it was the best wedding they have ever seen so far even they were having a good time. And things work out great when everyone is having a grand time.
    What stood out the most for me was that he treated us like family. As the bride there will be times your guests will take you away for pictures or well wishes and it will sometimes get overwhelming when you can't say no and the program must go on. Anthony rescued me a number of times. Also we did not have first dance music until the evening before the wedding and we ended up choosing 3 different songs cut and pasted at different points. Anthony called me and sat with me on the phone while we figured out where to stop and start each song so it could be one seamless song!!! He would fix and play back so I could hear exactly where I wanted to start and end. He sent us the edited song so we could practice within an hour! If this isn't the best service I don't know what is.

Sent on 02/07/2017

Edmond · Married on 07/22/2016

Sound Active Events did an amazing job with everything from the meetings up to the wedding to the day itself. True Professionals!! Anthony was an amazing and walked us through all of our decisions. Did not steer us wrong as to what to use and what not to use as far as lighting, additions, musicians, etc..

DJ Shortcut is the man, kept the party going all night long. Everyone was having fun and dancing.

Sent on 08/03/2016

Angela · Married on 06/18/2016

My husband Joe and I were very happy with the MC and DJ services provided to us by Anthony and his team at Sound Active Events.

Anthony was great to work with leading up to our event. He was friendly and helpful when walking through the options we had for entertainment, and has a great online form that we used to manage our music choices and bridal party info in order to coordinate everything smoothly. Anthony was very patient with us and our specific music choices. He worked with the music style we gave him, downloading specific songs he didn’t already have and adding his expertise to produce the perfect soundtrack for our event. He honored our do-not-play list requests and did an outstanding job choosing additional music to fit the vibe of the event in the moment, keeping the dance floor packed.

His MC skills were top-notch, with announcements made clearly and concisely. He played music for our ceremony at the end, which seamlessly transitioned from the live music we had during the ceremony to a recording for the recessional.

Our venue was indoor/outdoor with a small area inside for his DJ equipment, but Anthony made it work perfectly - providing music outside for the ceremony and inside for the reception, including lighting and a gobo design on the ceiling with our names and wedding date.

The highlight of the evening was after the last song, he surprised us with another last song that fit our musical style perfectly and ended the wedding with our family and friends rocking out on the dance floor, jumping and singing along with us. It was the perfect ending to what our family and friends have told us was one of the best and most fun weddings they had ever been to.

Sent on 12/29/2016

Erika · Married on 06/11/2016

When we got engaged the first thing we booked was our DJ and that was obviously Sound Active Events. Music was one of the most important things when planning our wedding because both mine and my husbands family love to dance. Choosing Sound Active Events was without a doubt the easiest choice to make during the planning of our wedding. They are the best in the DJ's in the business... I am still getting compliments on how our wedding was a blast! And that is of course because we picked the right DJ. This isn't the first time my family has used them and it certainly won't be the last. Can't wait for the next family party!

Sent on 06/28/2016

This is going to be long because everything is worth talking about - Anthony is very easy to work with - quick to answer emails/phone calls, and his login system where you can add all the ceremony/reception song info, request songs, and create a no play list is GREAT. For the ceremony, we got the harpist, who I just adored. She was so nice, and helpful in choosing songs, plus I randomly found a song on the internet I thought sounded cool, and she offered to learn how to play it for the wedding! IT turned out it was this Icelandic pop song (Hoppipola by Sigur Ros), and I couldn't believe she was not only able to find the sheet music for it, but willing to learn it (I ended up choosing normal classical music, but I know she would have done an amazing job with anything). She played beautifully and all my guests commented on how great she is. Shes' perfect if you're looking for something different than the standard string quartet. For the reception, we made last minute changes to the order of people, and Anthony handled it perfectly, acting like it was totally NBD. PLUS, my maid of honor had this crazy song/dance for her speech and the DJ somehow managed to perfectly sync the song to her lyrics - raising the volume for the chorus parts, bringing it back down and using just the music for the rest. I have no idea how they coordinated it so perfectly - but I guess they're just THAT good! And the photo booth - such a HUGE hit. My mother was ery skeptical of the whole idea but I pushed for it, and early in the night, I see her and her whole family holding props and taking crazy pictures. She LOVED it (as did all the guests!) I'm so happy to have all those pictures. Finally, of course, everyone was dancing all night - loving the saxophone player and the singer we added on. They did a great job of mixing in oldies with top 40's, sticking to my no rap stipulation, and just generally making it an awesome night. I'd recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 06/27/2016

Shannon · Married on 06/04/2016

Anthony and Joey made my wedding night what it was...INCREDIBLE!!! My friends and family still can't stop talking about how much they enjoyed the music..they played a little bit of every genre I asked them for. What I really liked was how organized they were. They updated me on everything my husband and I had to do throughout the night, and they did everything at our own pace. They were full of energy and enthusiasm and constantly got the guests on the dance floor, which is exactly what we wanted! I hope we have another party in the future where we can hire them again. I HIGHLY recommend them. THANK YOU so much Sound Active Events for making our wedding night amazing!

Sent on 06/10/2016

Veronica · Married on 05/29/2016

My husband and I found Anthony Costello (Sound Active Events) by pure accident but we are thrilled that that is how the universe intended it to be. From the moment we met Anthony, we felt an immediate sense of familiarity. Anthony wanted nothing more than to give us a memorable wedding and that was exactly what he delivered! From talking me out of a possible melt down on my wedding day, to checking in on us from time to time throughout the wedding night, Anthony and his partner were amazing to work with. Our wedding was bumping from the second we walked into to our reception to the last minute of the last song. Anthony even helped us with our surprise first dance as husband and wife, to Edwin's surprise dance for me with his groomsmen. Sound Active Events truly understands weddings and how to make them as memorable as possible. After so much time planning our wedding, all we wanted was a perfect night and that is exactly what we got. Edwin and I will always look for Anthony's services for any of our future needs. He and his staff were beyond amazing. Edwin and I HIGHLY recommend them. If you want an amazing wedding, go with SOUND ACTIVE EVENTS, you will not be disappointed. Love, Mr. and Mrs. Hernandez :)

Sent on 06/29/2016

Anthony · Married on 05/29/2016

Makes planning easy and your family and friends will have a blast.

Sent on 05/31/2016

Jeanne · Married on 05/08/2016

My wedding was amazing! I cannot say enough about how fantastic they were. Anthony made us feel so special and took the time to listen to our concerns/wants and explained everything to us. Everything was exactly as promised. The music was amazing and our dance floor was packed all night! Our guests commented that it was the best wedding they have ever been to. I had a wide variety of guests, from pre-teens all the way to elderly in their 80s/90s. Anthony found a way to provide a variety of music to satisfy all guests and keep the crowd lively. The lights and TV screens were a great touch. My candid pictures came out amazing and really captured the event! I would recommend Sound Active Events for any party looking for entertainment, especially a wedding. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 09/14/2016

Caitlin · Married on 12/19/2015

If you're looking for a full service DJ for any event, stop looking and contact Sound Active Events! Anthony and his team were fantastic and helped make my dream wedding come true. I originally thought I wanted a band, but when I saw SAE offered live vocalists and sax player, I was sold. We got endless compliments about the sax player and vocalist as well as the music. The dance floor was absolutely packed all night by our guests of all ages, from 9 to 70. Anthony was a true master of ceremonies and coordinated all events during the reception seamlessly.

We also used SAE for our ceremony music, cocktail hour music, photo booth, and candid photos. Everything was perfect. The ceremony music was exactly as planned. We picked a few songs that were only available on YouTube, and they were played perfectly. SAE brought awesome props for the photo booth, and the pictures came out amazing with our custom back drop. We were given the digital pictures of both the candid shots and the photo both right after the reception ended; I loved being able to share them on Facebook the next day.

The planning process was also seamless. Anthony was super responsive to any questions or requests along the way. The online questionnaire form helped keep us organized and provide all of the important information. Thank you SAE for rocking our wedding!

Sent on 12/21/2015

Karen · Married on 11/21/2015

Anthony at Sound Active was the best wedding DJ we could have asked for. He kept the dance floor packed from the first entrance to the last song. He brought an awesome photo booth, a sax player, a singer and just absolutely killed it as a DJ. He made sure all the right songs were played at the right time, he brought great equipment, and knew how to get people to the dance floor. All of our friends said he was one of the best DJs they've ever heard. We've been to tons of weddings and he was the best we've seen. He was also a breeze to work with. He was super responsive to us, our coordinator, and the venue, gave us our photo booth pictures right away, and even checked in with us the day after. Sound Active is the way to go.

Sent on 11/27/2015

Jill · Married on 11/20/2015

Sound Active events hosted our wedding and were absolutely amazing! Dj Joey and MC Anthony were wonderful at reading the crowd. Everyone enjoyed the music and the compliments from our guests haven't stopped. The saxaphonist, drummer and even the photo booth made it an event to be remembered. They truly made it a perfect night!!! Thank You!

Sent on 12/10/2015

amanda · Married on 11/07/2015

As a bride you want everything to go as amazing & as smooth as possible & want to work with vendors that take the day as serious as you do. A while back I went to a wedding & was introduced to Kevin bene who is one of your saxophonist. He is amazing. He caught my attention in a room packed with people. I then did everything in my power to have him at my wedding & you guys made it happen. I can't thank you enough as well as Kevin for making my vision come to life. He played the saxophone during the most important dances of my wedding along with my dj & it gave everyone chills. It was the perfect touch to a perfect day. He fit perfectly with the crowd and I couldn't have been more happier. Thank you again for being apart of our special day.

Amanda

Sent on 11/16/2015

Evelise · Married on 08/23/2015

Dj Shortkutz and 3 string media group Dj'ed my wedding this past Sunday at Seasons in New Jersey, we couldn't of been happier with the job they did on our special day! Everything was timed perfectly, they keep everyone dancing till the very end! It was such a fun amazing day thanks to the help of 3 string media group and Dj Shortkutz and his crew

Sent on 08/25/2015

Jessica · Married on 08/22/2015

I had originally booked a different DJ, who I was not too excited about. I met Anthony at a bridal show, and after my husband & I spent time with him, I cancelled with the first guy. I absolutely do not regret my decision. Anthony is so patient and attentive, he absolutely was the best choice I could have made. He was always available by text, phone, & email. Any last minute change I made he went with. He has a great online system where you can pick which songs you like, and a huge database filled with different songs to listen to. We pretty much let Anthony & the DJ pick the music to play during the reception & the music was everything we would have picked anyway. He had everyone up and dancing the whole night. He brought along an amazing crew with him, his singer was fantastic, the DJ was phenomenal, and his photographer was amazing. He really listened to everything we asked him. The photo booth he brought with him was a huge hit, and they displayed pictures from my photographer & the photo booth, & the photographer he brought the whole night. He was always asking us how we were doing, and if he could do anything for us. I am so thankful I happened to meet him. I can't say enough good things about my experience with Anthony & his crew. We will continue to use him for any future event we may have, and I suggest you do as well.

Sent on 08/24/2015

Alise · Married on 11/07/2014

Anthony is the best DJ. I went to a wedding he played at 6 years ago and knew from that night that I would have to have him as my DJ when I got married. Any wedding that he DJs for is sure to be a fun, lively, dance party. My wedding guests are still raving about the wide range of music that he played. Many people have said they never left the dance floor the whole night. Not only are his entertaining skills top notch but his customer service is impeccable. He responds to calls and emails quickly. He really takes into consideration what the bride and groom want to hear played throughout the night. Even my wedding planner from our venue couldn't say enough kind words about Anthony!

Sent on 01/16/2015

Anthony is an unbelievable DJ! He did my wedding and couldn't have been more helpful! He is very attentive and listens to what you envision your wedding to look like and makes sure that dream becomes reality. People loved his selection in music and did not stop dancing the whole night. He knows how to fire up the crowd and keep them entertained. If you want your wedding to be memorable I highly suggest booking Anthony immediately!!

Sent on 01/27/2015

Nicole · Married on 07/26/2014

Anthony was wonderful to work with for our wedding. I couldn't have asked for a more professional and reliable person to help plan the music for our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. He really took the time to listen to our specific music requests and followed through with them on the day of our wedding. My guests continued to rave about how great our DJ was weeks after our Wedding. He really kept the party going and played music that catered to all. I strongly recommend using Anthony for your future wedding!

Sent on 01/25/2015

I cannot say how much I loved having Anthony at our wedding. He kept the party going and had an amazing sound. I definitely pushed him outside his comfort level and asked him to play some Bollywood music for my indian wedding, but he stepped up to the challenge and mixed it in seamlessly. He was so in tune with the crowd. Almost 2 years later, my guests are still raving about how great he was. When was the last time you went to a wedding and the DJ was memorable for being so awesome. I highly recommend him!

Sent on 01/19/2015

Katherine · Married on 10/07/2011

BEST IN NEW YORK!! Words cannot describe how incredible Anthony and his team are! From the user friendly website to add details of the big day down to the very last song played, Anthony and his team made it all ABOUT ME! Throughout this process leading up to our wedding, Anthony made sure that every detail was EXACTLY the way I wanted it. His dedication to making his clients happy is truly amazing. Anthony and his crew left all my guests wanting MORE. I have had no stop calls from my wedding so guests asking for his info so he can DJ their weddings. His demeanor is unlike any other. I would recommend SAE to EVERYONE I KNOW!! Thanks again guys- you left everyone speechless!!

Sent on 09/20/2017

gabriella · Married on 09/17/2011

Anthony was the dj at our wedding in 2011. He did an amazing job. He had the crowd dancing all night. Everyone said they had a blast. It's so obvious that music and djing are his passion. After our wedding, he booked several of our friends and family parties and they were equally as great! He added several personal touches and is so easy to work with. I highly recommend Anthony for any events you have coming up. You won't be disappointed.

Sent on 03/30/2015

Tara · Married on 05/20/2011

Dj Anthony Costello provided the entertainment for our wedding. Everyone was asking me where I found him and wanted to use him for their weddings. He was amazing. The music was always perfect, when you wanted to dance or when it was time to slow it down. Anthony never disappointed. He was easy to work with, listening to what we wanted and even had a drum set for our guests to play around with during some of the songs. Today this day (almost 4 years later) people still talk about how great our DJ was. Thanks Anthony!!

Sent on 01/18/2015

Gina · Married on 06/13/2008

Sound Active Events deejayed my wedding in 2008 and it was a day I will never forget! Sound Active Events were so accommodating and did everything I asked them to do. They played a wide range of music and had everyone dancing all night long. I could not have been happier and would highly recommend them to anyone!!!

Sent on 03/31/2015