Sound Active Events Reviews

Sound Active Events 1
Sound Active Events 2
Sound Active Events 3
Sound Active Events 4

This is going to be long because everything is worth talking about - Anthony is very easy to work with - quick to answer emails/phone calls, and his login system where you can add all the ceremony/reception song info, request songs, and create a no play list is GREAT. For the ceremony, we got the harpist, who I just adored. She was so nice, and helpful in choosing songs, plus I randomly found a song on the internet I thought sounded cool, and she offered to learn how to play it for the wedding! IT turned out it was this Icelandic pop song (Hoppipola by Sigur Ros), and I couldn't believe she was not only able to find the sheet music for it, but willing to learn it (I ended up choosing normal classical music, but I know she would have done an amazing job with anything). She played beautifully and all my guests commented on how great she is. Shes' perfect if you're looking for something different than the standard string quartet. For the reception, we made last minute changes to the order of people, and Anthony handled it perfectly, acting like it was totally NBD. PLUS, my maid of honor had this crazy song/dance for her speech and the DJ somehow managed to perfectly sync the song to her lyrics - raising the volume for the chorus parts, bringing it back down and using just the music for the rest. I have no idea how they coordinated it so perfectly - but I guess they're just THAT good! And the photo booth - such a HUGE hit. My mother was ery skeptical of the whole idea but I pushed for it, and early in the night, I see her and her whole family holding props and taking crazy pictures. She LOVED it (as did all the guests!) I'm so happy to have all those pictures. Finally, of course, everyone was dancing all night - loving the saxophone player and the singer we added on. They did a great job of mixing in oldies with top 40's, sticking to my no rap stipulation, and just generally making it an awesome night. I'd recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 06/27/2016

Shannon · Married on 06/04/2016

Anthony and Joey made my wedding night what it was...INCREDIBLE!!! My friends and family still can't stop talking about how much they enjoyed the music..they played a little bit of every genre I asked them for. What I really liked was how organized they were. They updated me on everything my husband and I had to do throughout the night, and they did everything at our own pace. They were full of energy and enthusiasm and constantly got the guests on the dance floor, which is exactly what we wanted! I hope we have another party in the future where we can hire them again. I HIGHLY recommend them. THANK YOU so much Sound Active Events for making our wedding night amazing!

Sent on 06/10/2016

Veronica · Married on 05/29/2016

My husband and I found Anthony Costello (Sound Active Events) by pure accident but we are thrilled that that is how the universe intended it to be. From the moment we met Anthony, we felt an immediate sense of familiarity. Anthony wanted nothing more than to give us a memorable wedding and that was exactly what he delivered! From talking me out of a possible melt down on my wedding day, to checking in on us from time to time throughout the wedding night, Anthony and his partner were amazing to work with. Our wedding was bumping from the second we walked into to our reception to the last minute of the last song. Anthony even helped us with our surprise first dance as husband and wife, to Edwin's surprise dance for me with his groomsmen. Sound Active Events truly understands weddings and how to make them as memorable as possible. After so much time planning our wedding, all we wanted was a perfect night and that is exactly what we got. Edwin and I will always look for Anthony's services for any of our future needs. He and his staff were beyond amazing. Edwin and I HIGHLY recommend them. If you want an amazing wedding, go with SOUND ACTIVE EVENTS, you will not be disappointed. Love, Mr. and Mrs. Hernandez :)

Sent on 06/29/2016

Anthony · Married on 05/29/2016

Makes planning easy and your family and friends will have a blast.

Sent on 05/31/2016

Jeanne · Married on 05/08/2016

My wedding was amazing! I cannot say enough about how fantastic they were. Anthony made us feel so special and took the time to listen to our concerns/wants and explained everything to us. Everything was exactly as promised. The music was amazing and our dance floor was packed all night! Our guests commented that it was the best wedding they have ever been to. I had a wide variety of guests, from pre-teens all the way to elderly in their 80s/90s. Anthony found a way to provide a variety of music to satisfy all guests and keep the crowd lively. The lights and TV screens were a great touch. My candid pictures came out amazing and really captured the event! I would recommend Sound Active Events for any party looking for entertainment, especially a wedding. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 09/14/2016

Caitlin · Married on 12/19/2015

If you're looking for a full service DJ for any event, stop looking and contact Sound Active Events! Anthony and his team were fantastic and helped make my dream wedding come true. I originally thought I wanted a band, but when I saw SAE offered live vocalists and sax player, I was sold. We got endless compliments about the sax player and vocalist as well as the music. The dance floor was absolutely packed all night by our guests of all ages, from 9 to 70. Anthony was a true master of ceremonies and coordinated all events during the reception seamlessly.

We also used SAE for our ceremony music, cocktail hour music, photo booth, and candid photos. Everything was perfect. The ceremony music was exactly as planned. We picked a few songs that were only available on YouTube, and they were played perfectly. SAE brought awesome props for the photo booth, and the pictures came out amazing with our custom back drop. We were given the digital pictures of both the candid shots and the photo both right after the reception ended; I loved being able to share them on Facebook the next day.

The planning process was also seamless. Anthony was super responsive to any questions or requests along the way. The online questionnaire form helped keep us organized and provide all of the important information. Thank you SAE for rocking our wedding!

Sent on 12/21/2015

Karen · Married on 11/21/2015

Anthony at Sound Active was the best wedding DJ we could have asked for. He kept the dance floor packed from the first entrance to the last song. He brought an awesome photo booth, a sax player, a singer and just absolutely killed it as a DJ. He made sure all the right songs were played at the right time, he brought great equipment, and knew how to get people to the dance floor. All of our friends said he was one of the best DJs they've ever heard. We've been to tons of weddings and he was the best we've seen. He was also a breeze to work with. He was super responsive to us, our coordinator, and the venue, gave us our photo booth pictures right away, and even checked in with us the day after. Sound Active is the way to go.

Sent on 11/27/2015

Jill · Married on 11/20/2015

Sound Active events hosted our wedding and were absolutely amazing! Dj Joey and MC Anthony were wonderful at reading the crowd. Everyone enjoyed the music and the compliments from our guests haven't stopped. The saxaphonist, drummer and even the photo booth made it an event to be remembered. They truly made it a perfect night!!! Thank You!

Sent on 12/10/2015

amanda · Married on 11/07/2015

As a bride you want everything to go as amazing & as smooth as possible & want to work with vendors that take the day as serious as you do. A while back I went to a wedding & was introduced to Kevin bene who is one of your saxophonist. He is amazing. He caught my attention in a room packed with people. I then did everything in my power to have him at my wedding & you guys made it happen. I can't thank you enough as well as Kevin for making my vision come to life. He played the saxophone during the most important dances of my wedding along with my dj & it gave everyone chills. It was the perfect touch to a perfect day. He fit perfectly with the crowd and I couldn't have been more happier. Thank you again for being apart of our special day.

Amanda

Sent on 11/16/2015

Evelise · Married on 08/23/2015

Dj Shortkutz and 3 string media group Dj'ed my wedding this past Sunday at Seasons in New Jersey, we couldn't of been happier with the job they did on our special day! Everything was timed perfectly, they keep everyone dancing till the very end! It was such a fun amazing day thanks to the help of 3 string media group and Dj Shortkutz and his crew

Sent on 08/25/2015

Jessica · Married on 08/22/2015

I had originally booked a different DJ, who I was not too excited about. I met Anthony at a bridal show, and after my husband & I spent time with him, I cancelled with the first guy. I absolutely do not regret my decision. Anthony is so patient and attentive, he absolutely was the best choice I could have made. He was always available by text, phone, & email. Any last minute change I made he went with. He has a great online system where you can pick which songs you like, and a huge database filled with different songs to listen to. We pretty much let Anthony & the DJ pick the music to play during the reception & the music was everything we would have picked anyway. He had everyone up and dancing the whole night. He brought along an amazing crew with him, his singer was fantastic, the DJ was phenomenal, and his photographer was amazing. He really listened to everything we asked him. The photo booth he brought with him was a huge hit, and they displayed pictures from my photographer & the photo booth, & the photographer he brought the whole night. He was always asking us how we were doing, and if he could do anything for us. I am so thankful I happened to meet him. I can't say enough good things about my experience with Anthony & his crew. We will continue to use him for any future event we may have, and I suggest you do as well.

Sent on 08/24/2015

Alise · Married on 11/07/2014

Anthony is the best DJ. I went to a wedding he played at 6 years ago and knew from that night that I would have to have him as my DJ when I got married. Any wedding that he DJs for is sure to be a fun, lively, dance party. My wedding guests are still raving about the wide range of music that he played. Many people have said they never left the dance floor the whole night. Not only are his entertaining skills top notch but his customer service is impeccable. He responds to calls and emails quickly. He really takes into consideration what the bride and groom want to hear played throughout the night. Even my wedding planner from our venue couldn't say enough kind words about Anthony!

Sent on 01/16/2015

Anthony is an unbelievable DJ! He did my wedding and couldn't have been more helpful! He is very attentive and listens to what you envision your wedding to look like and makes sure that dream becomes reality. People loved his selection in music and did not stop dancing the whole night. He knows how to fire up the crowd and keep them entertained. If you want your wedding to be memorable I highly suggest booking Anthony immediately!!

Sent on 01/27/2015

Nicole · Married on 07/26/2014

Anthony was wonderful to work with for our wedding. I couldn't have asked for a more professional and reliable person to help plan the music for our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. He really took the time to listen to our specific music requests and followed through with them on the day of our wedding. My guests continued to rave about how great our DJ was weeks after our Wedding. He really kept the party going and played music that catered to all. I strongly recommend using Anthony for your future wedding!

Sent on 01/25/2015

I cannot say how much I loved having Anthony at our wedding. He kept the party going and had an amazing sound. I definitely pushed him outside his comfort level and asked him to play some Bollywood music for my indian wedding, but he stepped up to the challenge and mixed it in seamlessly. He was so in tune with the crowd. Almost 2 years later, my guests are still raving about how great he was. When was the last time you went to a wedding and the DJ was memorable for being so awesome. I highly recommend him!

Sent on 01/19/2015

Katherine · Married on 10/07/2011

BEST IN NEW YORK!! Words cannot describe how incredible Anthony and his team are! From the user friendly website to add details of the big day down to the very last song played, Anthony and his team made it all ABOUT ME! Throughout this process leading up to our wedding, Anthony made sure that every detail was EXACTLY the way I wanted it. His dedication to making his clients happy is truly amazing. Anthony and his crew left all my guests wanting MORE. I have had no stop calls from my wedding so guests asking for his info so he can DJ their weddings. His demeanor is unlike any other. I would recommend SAE to EVERYONE I KNOW!! Thanks again guys- you left everyone speechless!!

Sent on 09/20/2017

gabriella · Married on 09/17/2011

Anthony was the dj at our wedding in 2011. He did an amazing job. He had the crowd dancing all night. Everyone said they had a blast. It's so obvious that music and djing are his passion. After our wedding, he booked several of our friends and family parties and they were equally as great! He added several personal touches and is so easy to work with. I highly recommend Anthony for any events you have coming up. You won't be disappointed.

Sent on 03/30/2015

Tara · Married on 05/20/2011

Dj Anthony Costello provided the entertainment for our wedding. Everyone was asking me where I found him and wanted to use him for their weddings. He was amazing. The music was always perfect, when you wanted to dance or when it was time to slow it down. Anthony never disappointed. He was easy to work with, listening to what we wanted and even had a drum set for our guests to play around with during some of the songs. Today this day (almost 4 years later) people still talk about how great our DJ was. Thanks Anthony!!

Sent on 01/18/2015

Gina · Married on 06/13/2008

Sound Active Events deejayed my wedding in 2008 and it was a day I will never forget! Sound Active Events were so accommodating and did everything I asked them to do. They played a wide range of music and had everyone dancing all night long. I could not have been happier and would highly recommend them to anyone!!!

Sent on 03/31/2015

Michael · Married on 08/16/2015

Anthony was so much fun. Go with him and you won't regret it.

Sent on 09/18/2015

Nancy Millan · Married on 06/08/2019

Beyond my expectations! Very happy!

My wedding was last week, June 8, 2019 and the phone calls and texts are still coming in from friends and family to say what a wedding!! We couldn’t ask for a better night! Perfect!
    From the beginning, I worked closely with Anthony.. He was very responsive with phone calls and follow up emails.. He answered all questions and concerns of mine.. He helped lessen the stress with his knowledge and experience..
    MC Nyche was beyond a perfect fit for our guests.. It was very important to us we had a bilingual MC and he delivered! His vibe and energy was effortless and had everyone one their feet! A contagious smile with amazing energy!
    The photographer was an added bonus! He captured such amazing moments and memories! I’m so happy we decided to get the photographer! Our guests loved the pictures displayed throughout the night on the screens..
    The drummer J Beats absolutely blew the crowd and myself away! Another added bonus to the night! Great performance!
    The DJ, DJ Shortkutz simply unbelievable! He had the dance floor packed all night. All different types of music was blended smoothly! Everything was perfect from cocktail hour to the final set! People didn’t want to leave.. They wanted to keep the party going! Dj Shortkutz is pure talent! I’m so happy with the decision I made to have them at my wedding!

Sent on 06/18/2019
    Sound Active Events 5

christine · Married on 10/07/2017

Anthony and his team did everything to make our wedding in an unconventional setting (a barn with haybales all over) a huge success. He was enthusiastic and passionate and just made it incredibly special. Thanks Anthony!

Sent on 10/11/2017