SOULone Reviews

SOULone 2
SOULone 3

Judy Hahs · Getting married on 09/01/2020

Great music

SOULone has played at our annual event for two years. They are on time, easy to deal with and exceptional musicians. We expect to hire them for our 2019 event. Brent delivers on everything he promises and more. Highly recommend this band.

Sent on 01/11/2019

Charlotte · Getting married on 09/28/2019

SOULone did an absolutely fantastic job for my boyfriend's 30th birthday! They really went above and beyond. The music was phenomenal and they know how to work a crowd to get everyone dancing! I would highly recommend them and I hope to have them play again for us in the future!

Sent on 09/24/2018

Jessica · Married on 05/23/2019

Great band!!

SOULone was awesome!!! Would highly recommend!

Sent on 06/08/2019

Sara Thompson · Married on 05/11/2019

Absolutely perfect!

SoulOne was the absolutely perfect choice for our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour/ reception! Brent was so responsive and professional throughout the entire process. And the music was amazing. We wanted a Sax in addition to the 3 piece band and they made it happen. They played music the majority of the time and it was just our style, our guests loved it! They had everyone on the dance floor. And they switched to DJing for the last hour or so and played all of the right songs and none of the bad ones :). Wish we could do it all over again and if we did we would work with SoulOne again.

Also - go see the guys live to meet them, they play all around the OBX and they’re great!!!!

Sent on 05/15/2019

SOULone's reply:

Thank you for the wonderful review! Your wedding event is one we will remember for a very long time. Your friends and family really know how to have a great time. It was a pleasure providing music for your entire event. Next time you’re in town come see us!

Krissy · Married on 05/07/2019

Fantastic! Highly Recommend!

Brent was so easy to work with and very accommodating to our needs. They were even flexible when we had to move everything to our back up plan due to rain. We hired Brent to play the acoustic guitar during the ceremony, the band during cocktail hour and dinner and then the DJ for the dancing portion of the evening and they were fantastic! The DJ even stayed a few hours after the reception was supposed to end so we could keep the party going. I would highly recommend SOULone for your wedding or event!

Sent on 06/26/2019

SOULone's reply:

Thank you for your review! We had a blast playing for you and your guests. Next time you're in the Outer Banks, look us up! www.SOULone.me (gig schedule).

D Gabbert · Married on 11/13/2018

Excellent and Professional Band

Soul One did a phenomenal performance for our event of approximately 200 people. The music kept our guests energized and having fun all evening. They were professional, easy to work with and easy to communicate with. I highly recommend them to anyone having an event, function, or wedding!

Sent on 11/13/2018

SOULone's reply:

Thank you for your kind words! Your event was amazing... food, decorations and everyone who attended. We have a bunch of photos that we will share with you that our photographer took. Thanks again for booking us!
  • Shannon

Shannon · Married on 10/06/2018

Metallica!!

So my husband and I are Marines, and we love Metallica. Always have and it’s one thing we share as a couple that always makes for good music, friends etc so why not have it at your wedding right? Acoustic was beautifully played while everyone rushed around getting everything in order before sitting down. This was a renewal but with a twist since we had not had a ceremony the first time around. Brent was so generous and he didn’t need help with anything, he just set up and starting playing. Highly recommended!!

Sent on 10/31/2018
    SOULone 4

SOULone's reply:

It was an absolute pleasure to play for your ceremony.... especially Metallica as that was the very first thing I ever learned how to play on guitar some 30 years ago. Rock on!!!!!!

Crystal · Married on 09/01/2018

I found Brent and SOULone by searching the internet for live entertainment and I liked they were local not to mention highly recommended. I do not regret my decision and preferred live band over DJ services not to mention they offer that as well. So I did have that where it was warranted. Great music mix

Sent on 09/13/2018

Jess · Married on 09/01/2018

Awesome dj/ band combo

We met Brent at the OBX wedding expo, after talking with him we knew we had to have him and his band at our wedding! We loved their style, we were able to have the best of both worlds, live music and dj’Ed music. He was great to work with during the planning process and was able to play our favorites live for the ceremony and during the reception. We had the best time and our guests loved their music, the dance floor was packed the whole time!

Sent on 10/21/2018

SOULone's reply:

We had a blast playing your wedding. Thanks again for booking us! We wish you both the best in your journey in life together.

Ashley · Married on 06/15/2018

We love live music and felt we had to have live music during our wedding. It was amazing to see that SOULone did both live music and DJ. We had such a fun time at our wedding!!! We asked for a saxophone player as well because my husband absolutely loves hearing the Sax. They played for our ceremony, cocktail hour and did the reception. It was the best of the best. We wouldn't have had it any other way. Having live music during our wedding from start to finish was amazing. Book them!!! Brent is really good at responding to emails and phone calls. He also goes out of his way to make sure both the couple and the band are on the same page for the entire day! Going to miss being in contact with them to plan our wedding!!!

Sent on 06/29/2018
    SOULone 5
    SOULone 6

Courtney · Married on 06/02/2018

Brent was a great musician and DJ for our June wedding at Jennette's Pier. He was very responsive during the entire planning process. He played acoustic instrumental music for our ceremony and instrumental solo music for our cocktail hour and provided DJ services and announcements for the reception. He did a great job at all 3. As the bride, I missed most of the ceremony/cocktail hour music, but heard many compliments about his music. During the reception, every song played was perfect. The crowd never stopped dancing and having fun. He also did a great job at the announcements throughout the night. I have no complaints at all. We are very happy that we used Brent for our wedding. Everything was perfect!!!

Sent on 06/05/2018

Kelsey · Married on 05/26/2018

Brent was a joy to work with! Anytime I had to change something up for my wedding he was quick to respond and never had a problem with any of my changes. He made the ceremony and cocktail hour so memorable!

Sent on 05/22/2018

Alicia · Married on 05/17/2018

Thank you so much for being apart of my big day you sounded beautiful

Sent on 05/17/2018

Trevor · Married on 04/21/2018

Very professional and great performance! All guests raved about how much they loved the band!

Sent on 05/05/2018
  • User5494525 · 1+ year ago

Brent was responsive, communicative, professional and above all, talented! He was such a gentleman and so very pleasant to work with. Our guests continually commented on how much they enjoyed having live music during our welcome reception. My advice, based on our guests reaction is, skip the DJ and book live entertainment. I assure you that your guests will enjoy it so much more! But, don't be like us and remember to plan well ahead. We started looking in July for October event and that still wasn't enough time to book Brent on our favored night. We're just glad we got him for the night before! Book him - you'll love him!

Sent on 11/02/2017

Rachel · Married on 10/07/2017

Brent played beautiful music for my wedding! He is very responsive to messages and professional. I would highly recommend him to play music at anyone's wedding (or any event, for that matter!)

Sent on 10/21/2017

Robert · Married on 10/05/2017

Brent with SOULone was awesome to deal with. He was very accomodating to choosing the type of music we liked and was able to mix in some more traditional music to make it a great reception. Brent's accoustic music during the ceremony was perfect for the beach setting and was just the right volume so you could hear it but not over powering. I'd highly recommend SOULone for anyone planning a wedding in the Outer Banks.

Sent on 10/10/2017

SOULone's reply:

Thanks Robert! It was a pleasure to be a part of your wedding! I wish you both the best!!

Stevie · Married on 09/22/2017

Brandon was a true professional when discussing my wedding vision for entertainment from the moment we had a preliminary discussion to a follow up weeks before my wedding! Although I did not book his band (we decided on an out-of-state DJ instead), I must say that his attention to detail, extreme flexibility, caring attitude and overall friendliness grants rave reviews from me and the experience I encountered. Should I have booked a local band, I certainly would have booked with Brandon! It is immensely worth your time to connect with him and discuss your wedding vision to see if he and his band would be a good fit for your big day. I can guarantee you they will be!

Sent on 09/11/2017

Rachel · Married on 09/16/2017

Brent was great to have at our wedding ceremony. He learned a song that I wanted to be played when I walked down the aisle, and it was perfect! I heard lots of compliments throughout the night, about how nice it was to have acoustic music for the ceremony. We highly recommend Brent!

Sent on 09/18/2017

SOULone's reply:

Thank you! You're wedding ceremony was beautiful. I wish you both a lifetime of happiness.

Lee Ann · Married on 09/14/2017

Brent did a fantastic job with the ceremony on the beach and the cocktail hour music. He has a great voice and chose great songs! Highly recommended!!

Sent on 09/18/2017

Robyn · Married on 08/04/2017

SoulOne came and played for my husband's 50th birthday during our large family reunion and it was night to remember. Our family decided that we can never have a reunion now without a live band! From the start, Brent was incredibly responsive, personable, and professional. We discussed the goals of the event and he assured me I didn't need to stress about anything. The day of the event they arrived on time, we discussed some last minute details, and they played their heart out for 4 hours! One of our relatives was a drummer and Gary was kind enough to lend his drums so he could show off his skills for a few songs, and Brent lent the mic to our 10 year old cousin so she could sing a song for us. Really, the night couldn't have been more perfect. We have a music loving group and all agreed that the band was extremely talented! Thank you Brent, Gary, and TJ for a fantastic night. We will definitely be looking you up the next time we're in OBX.

Sent on 08/08/2017

SOULone's reply:

Thank you Robyn for your kind words! You have a beautiful and fun family. We really enjoyed playing for you at this event! See you next time!!!

Nicole · Married on 06/25/2017

We had an amazing experience. Our event didn't go as planned, but they were flexible! Professional and talented! Would definitely hire again!

Sent on 07/02/2017

Kari · Married on 06/18/2017

Brent took the time to learn a song from our favorite band. He also followed up in preparation of the wedding to make sure we had all of the details finalized. Great experience!

Sent on 07/10/2017

SOULone's reply:

Thank you so much for an awesome review! Your wedding was beautiful and thanks to you, I have another perfectly fitting song to play at ceremonies.

Morgan · Married on 05/27/2017

Brent and his band hit the spot for entertainment! They were able to play a variety of songs from chill music for cocktail hour, to more pumped up tunes for dancing. Brent was very patient with me when I changed my mind at last minute on a few details, and they were very responsive to all of my questions before, during and after the event. I highly recommend booking them!

Sent on 06/02/2017