Soulful Sounds Reviews

42 | Wyandanch, NY

42 Reviews for Soulful Sounds

42 Soulful Sounds Reviews

Marykate · Married on 06/28/2018

Jeff and his partner are great! I didn’t need to shop around for a DJ because he’s been the family’s wedding DJ since 2012, and he always puts on a good show. Keeps everyone entertained. From what I’ve heard of others people’s weddings.. more on the affordable side as well! He had a detailed worksheet to fill out of names/songs/details... I think this made it especially easy to tell him exactly what we wanted. Very happy we used Soulful Sounds, and we will continue to keep his phone number spreading for all future weddings!

Donna · Married on 06/13/2018

Awesome awesome awesome soulful sounds were professional and they did a great job for my daughter‘s wedding. So glad I used them!

Kendall · Married on 04/18/2018

Soulful Sounds definitely added to the amazing event which was my wedding. During the planning Jeff spoke with my wife and I helping us with any questions that we had and made sure it was one less thing that we had to stress about. The lines of communication were kept open throughout the entire process. During the reception they got everyone comfortable and helped everyone interact with each other. My uncle who attended was very ill a week before my wedding. When Jeff handed him the microphone he performed like he was on stage at Madison Square Garden. It was such a pleasure working with soulful sounds and i cant wait to hire them for another event. I will also recommend them to anyone looking for a MC and DJ for their events.

Sent on 05/13/2018

Soulful Sounds's reply:

I am so glad you had fun. Thank you for the great review.

Tiffany · Married on 10/14/2017

DJ Jeff Taylor and his team were one of the highlights of our wedding!! He came highly recommended by our friends so we weren't worried at all. We hired them to take care of both our ceremony and reception music in Long Island, NY - everything went flawlessly. I had so many people come up to tell me how great he was (even my mom liked Jeff a lot!). EVERYONE had fun during the reception- even the non-dancers- because of Jeff's humor and ability to include everyone (kids and older couples alike). I HIGHLY recommend DJ Jeff and Soulful Sounds if you're looking in the NYC/NJ area!

• T Marie

Tiffany · Married on 10/05/2017

I attended a wedding 12 years ago that was one of the most fun weddings I have been to--up until mine lol. While searching for a dj, the bride of that wedding gave me a recommendation for Jeff & Soulful Sounds, oddly enough he's the same dj that I already had in mind to contact. So obviously it was meant to be. Jeff was very easy to deal with. At our wedding, we were asked a few times where did we find him, everyone was so amazed. My husband woke up the next day saying we need to have another party just to hire Jeff. It's been almost 3 weeks & people are still talking about the great time they had. If you're thinking about booking him, there's no need to think anymore--go ahead give him a call.

Paola · Married on 09/14/2017

Jeff and his team made my wedding a dream come true! The music was amazing and he was so interactive with everyone! I will def recommend him to everyone and anyone in the NYC area! Music was on point! Thank you soooo much Soulful Sounds for DJ'ing my wedding! I LOVED IT!

Matthew · Married on 08/05/2017

I had already attended three weddings where Soulful Sounds and Jeff were the DJ/emcee so I knew he was a professional and he did not disappoint! Our wedding was outdoors and unfortunately mother nature threw us a curve ball and while the weather mercifully cleared up around the time we were supposed to get married, the start of our wedding was pushed back a little bit. While a 15 or 20 minute delay may not sound like a big deal, when everything is so tightly scheduled like it is on your wedding day, it can quickly snowball to the point where you've basically got to throw your schedule out the window. This is exactly what happened to us, and while we were a little nervous and anxious about not having a schedule and "winging it", Jeff didn't blink and had no problems making changes and adjustments right on the spot. He was so fantastic, he even helped us relax and enjoy the moment as we were getting nervous and stressed about the schedule! Most importantly, of course, we had a great time and all of our guests reported that they had a blast as well. They really delivered for us and I hope to someday attend another event or wedding where they DJ as well

Sent on 09/01/2018

Soulful Sounds's reply:

Hey Matthew thank you so much for the kind words. Hope to entertain you and your family again soon.

Evens · Married on 07/29/2017

On behalf of my wife and I this Review is long over due, but better late than never. Jeff and the dj were the perfect choice for our wedding, They Showed up early and literally played music till the lights came one and after. We could not have been more impressed with the music selections, energy and overall professionalism that was displayed, we look forward to seeing Them at our close friends wedding in April 19 (they were that impressed that they went with him as well). Looking forward to doing more work with you in the future. From the bottom of our hearts thank you for making our day that much more special and helping to provide an amazing time and atmosphere for everyone

Thank you!

Angelisa · Married on 07/07/2017

Jeff and Raymond were amazing for my big day. We met and went over so many genres of music. The lighting was amazing, they even got a Batman logo for my husband. You can not go wrong with these guys!

Sent on 09/05/2017

Soulful Sounds's reply:

Thank you so much. Mrs Peters. It was a great party. I am so happy you picked us to help you celebrate. Congratulations again

John · Married on 05/28/2017

Soulful Sounds is the only option for DJ and MC for your wedding or event. From start to finish they were nothing but fun, easy to work with, and utmost professionals. They took the time to ensure we had an amazing wedding day. Every single one of our guests couldn't stop talking about how great and energetic they were. They have done almost all my families weddings as well and we wouldn't have it any other way. Need a DJ? Book Soulful Sounds, like, yesterday. Seriously, go ahead. What are you waiting for?! Thanks again for a great day!

Sent on 06/20/2017

Soulful Sounds's reply:

Thank you John, You and Leanne are the best. And what a great love story. We look forward to entertaining you and your family again

Leanne · Married on 05/28/2017

We used Jeffrey and Soulful Sounds for our wedding in May. They have been seriously unbelievable in how easy they were to work with and how incredible they were for my special day. Even my banquet manager came up to us saying how incredible they were and were so happy that we introduced them. I would recommend Soulful Sounds to EVERYONE! We will certainly be using them again for other parties as our family grows!

Sent on 09/08/2017

Soulful Sounds's reply:

Thank you Leanne, we had so much fun with your family and look forward to John's cousin's wedding coming up. Thank you again for choosing us

Mo · Married on 05/06/2017

Jeff was the absolute best he was more than just a DJ/ MC. He managed to control the entire reception, including making sure me and my bride ate despite being pulled and pushed in every direction. He had the crowd moving from the moment the bridal party entered for the reception. He was attentive before and during our big day and allowed everything to be handled smoothly. He listened to our requests and the music was exactly as how we envisioned. If you are looking for your day to be perfect definitely stick with soulful sounds. Customer service is extremely important to me-I mean extremely, so when I leave a review praising someone-it is because they truly stood out. I highly recommend soulful sounds for any of your events.

• Alicia

Alicia · Married on 10/09/2016

No need to shop around... book them! He is professional; plus an amazing host and DJ. If you want a killer party, Soulful Sounds is your vendor. Not only did he immediately get my guests out of their seats and on the dance floor; he made sure all of our needs were met and we stayed on task. Everyone loved Jeff and his team. I will be booking them for all of my future events!

Jeff and his assistant were professional and accommodating from the beginning. As a DJ myself, I knew exactly the planning and preparation he did to ensure that our day went perfect. We would highly recommend Soulful Sounds for any event.

Alicia · Married on 07/01/2016

Jeff Taylor with soulful Sounds was excellent. He really kept the night upbeat and his screen shots my guests on the dance floor was really memorable.

Shardae · Married on 06/26/2016

Soulful Sounds team was absolutely amazing at our wedding. Jeff who was the point of contact was so attentive to every detail, and helped us figure out a lot of the small details we never even thought of. Jeff was always available to help us and went above and beyond with our photo booth. He kept our guests on the dance floor all night and our guests really enjoyed him being the dj. Thank you so much!

Kim · Married on 12/05/2015

Soulful Sounds is great at what they do. They got the party started at my wedding right away. Everyone was on the dance floor all night. My husband, family, and I highly recommend them. My husband’s family used them multiple times and they always gave everyone a great night. Jeff and his team worked with us closely and made sure they incorporated music we wanted and everything else we asked of them. If you want to have an amazing night, I would use them. They will make it one to remember!

Nicole · Married on 08/29/2015

Soulful Sounds were very professional from start to finish. They were able to work with my budget. All the last minute changes I had , they were able to accommodate. They kept my guests moving the entire night.

Erica · Married on 08/20/2015

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Jeff and his team! Hands down the best. The music was always where it needed to be. His team was great to work with, true professionals. Everyone loved the music, the cool floor display and the non stop display of photos! His MC skills kept the whole day running smooth and kept the dance floor packed. We were truly blessed to have Soulful Sounds at our wedding! Thank you again and see you at our next event!

• Q

Quiana · Married on 07/02/2015

Soulful Sounds provides professional and exceptional service. Our DJ, Osei, was very attentive and he also rocked the house! We couldn't have asked for a better DJ. Thanks Soulful Sounds!

Working with Soulful sounds was wonderful. They were punctual, easy going, and most importantly, able to read the crowd and kept the party going. Even though the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception were held at 3 different parts of one venue, Soulful sounds was able to accommodate us accordingly. All of our guests loved the music. We even had a few people come up to us requesting their contact information (including our photographer). Overall Soulful Sounds was awesome and we would wholeheartedly recommend them.

• Eboni

Eboni · Married on 05/17/2015

Soulful sounds was amazing. I could not be happier with the service. They had the party going all night. Jeff listened to our request and was the perfect mix of engaging and letting things flow all night. By the end of the reception he knew many of our guest by name. I highly recommend soulful sounds. They were an absolute pleasure to work with. If you're reading this review look no further. Book them they are the best.

Danielle · Married on 09/27/2014

Jeff and the Soulful Sounds team are amazing, we spoke the week of the wedding to discuss some music changes and the vibe of the dance floor. Jeff understood my vision and interpreted even when I wasn't quite sure how to bridge exactly what I wanted.
    During the ceremony, we had three song changes and everything went seamlessly. At the dinner, Jeff served as host and guided my guest through dinner and speeches, effortlessly. He was able to play music at the reception that had my family and friends of all generations on the dance floor and he did it with he utmost professionalism and charm. Our guests were given party favors and were extremely pleased that they were able to sweat it out after a romantic ceremony.

If you're looking for a D.J. services for your wedding or event Soulful Sounds are the best!

Monique · Married on 07/03/2014

The DJ and MC was a perfect fit the music was perfect the MC kept the reception going until it was time to go home. The guest kept calling after to tell me what a wonderful time they had. Jeff was awesome he took the time to honor all my request before and during the wedding. Thanx Jeff