Soto's Entertainment Mobile DJ-MC Reviews

Soto's Entertainment Mobile DJ-MC 1
Soto's Entertainment Mobile DJ-MC 2
Soto's Entertainment Mobile DJ-MC 3

Susan · Married on 01/21/2012

Everything I have to say about Soto's Entertainment is great. Our experience with them was excellent. We wanted to have a very classy wedding reception and we did thanks to Soto's Entertainment. They were very professional and well experienced. Great music and fun for everyone. I definitely recommend them to anybody.
    Susan & Edward 2012

Sent on 02/25/2012

Amanda · Married on 11/19/2011

Wow! That’s what I can say about Soto’s Entertainment. They were absolutely fantastic at our wedding! The music was perfect. They played all of our requests and the DJ was very professional over the microphone!
    Very friendly and extremely experienced handling weddings. They kept the party going all night. All of my friends and family had a great time as well. I’ve been to several friends weddings in the past but I haven’t seen anybody like Soto’s Entertainment. I definitely recommend them to anybody!
    Thank you!
    Amanda & Phillip 2011

Sent on 01/21/2012

Jessica · Married on 06/25/2011

We had a great experience with Soto's Entertainment! We used Soto's for our wedding ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. Steffen was very flexible in meeting to discuss our wedding needs and listened to everything we wanted for our special day. Steffen Soto arrived on our wedding day with an assistant, both dressed professionally. Everything went very smoothly. An added bonus is that Soto's entertainment is a bilingual dj service, which was perfect for us since my husband's family is Colombian. They ended the evening by giving my husband and I a cd with songs we had requested to be played during the wedding. If you want a no hassel dj that will listen to you and what you want then Soto's Entertainment is a great choice.

Sent on 07/18/2011

Christina · Married on 01/29/2011

I would like to thank Soto’s Entertainment for the wonderful and professional service they provided for our wedding. They were very friendly, personable and professional. They really added a special touch to our wedding. Their music selection was excellent, very well experienced handling weddings and their MC service was outstanding! We all had the greatest time! Excellent party! I highly recommend Soto’s Entertainment to everyone!
    Thank you.

Christina & Jeff Green
    1-29-11

Sent on 02/25/2011

Kathy · Married on 11/06/2010

Wow, what a party! Soto's Entertainment was a blast! They handled our wedding reception and did everything I had asked for plus more. The music was perfect, our DJ was perfect which made our wedding day the best day of our lives. All of our families and friends danced until they couldn't dance no more and so did we. Our DJ was very
    professional and handled the reception very well. Thank you Soto's Entertainment for making our wedding day so good!
    Kathy & Doug

Sent on 01/14/2011

Sara · Married on 09/17/2010

Soto's Entertainment did an amazing job our wedding! You are by far the best DJ I have heard at the weddings I have been to! Everyone was talking about how you kept the party going and you knew just what songs to play to get people to dance. Thank you so much for helping make our day so wonderful. We will definitely be recommending you to anyone who says they need a DJ. Thank you again!

Sara and Chris

Sent on 10/08/2010

Deborah · Married on 06/05/2010

I would like to tell to all of you future brides that Soto's Entertainment rocks! They were very professional during the entire time. From the first time I contacted them, throughout the planning and then the night of my wedding they were awesome! They played the songs I had requested plus they kept the party going so good that I even had to extend an extra hour because everyone was having a really good time. Professional MC service as well. So don't waste your time looking at other services. I highly recommend Soto's Entertainment to anybody.

Sent on 10/29/2010

Mike · Married on 03/06/2010

I got married on March 6th, 2010 and we had Soto's Entertainment for our DJ services. They were great! The music was awesome and the DJ was fun, very professional and very experienced with weddings. He kept everything in order and had all of us dancing all night long. My friends still talk about how much fun they had at my wedding. I wish that night never ended. I'm extremely happy with their services! I will definitely use them again for any future events.

Stacy and Mike Brown

Sent on 11/03/2010

Maria · Married on 01/16/2010

Our experience with Soto’s Entertainment for our wedding was excellent! I was referred to them by a friend that had used their services in the past and I also hired them because they offered bilingual (Latin) DJ-MC services. I am Latin originally from Puerto Rico and my husband is from Charlotte, NC. I am so glad we hired them! They were our favorite vendor for our wedding. Very easy to work with and very professional. The night of our wedding we had a blast! The music was perfect and their bilingual MC services helped out a lot with my side of the family. Everybody had a great time that night. Soto’s Entertainment was the best choice I made for our wedding. I highly recommend them for your wedding too!
    Maria & Matthew, 2010!

Sent on 11/02/2010

Stacy · Married on 11/07/2009

I got married on November 7th, 2009. The ceremony turned out beautiful and the reception turned out to be the best party I've ever been to. We had Soto's Entertainment as our DJ's and they did a wonderful job! The music was excellent and the way the DJ spoke on the mic was very professional. They were personable, fun and they knew exactly how to handle it all and keep it in order. The DJ had us dancing all night long! All my friends and family had a good time as well. Soto's Entertainment made our night unforgettable!
    Thank you!

Stacy & Ryan Hill

Sent on 11/03/2010
  • F

Flavia · Married on 09/10/2016

Todd was the DI at our wedding and I have nothing but great things to talk about him. Very professional and great energy. All of my guests were impressed! If you want a fun party, he is the guy!

Sent on 09/29/2016

Mark · Married on 05/13/2017

Todd did a fantastic job, he was prompt, courteous, and flexible with our music requests. I have already referred him to a friend for a future event. Overall the experience with Soto entertainment was fantastic and we were very happy with the outcome.

Sent on 07/12/2017

Stephanie · Married on 10/10/2015

We had so much fun planning with Soto's Entertainment! Steffen was extremely patient and professional with us. We were very particular with what kind of music we wanted and the kind of environment we wanted to provide for our guest. Soto's Entertainment delivered! We couldn't of gone with anyone better. We along with our guest had so much fun on the dance floor! Steffen did everything we asked and made it look so easy. We were very pleased with our choice to go with Soto's Entertainment!

Sent on 10/15/2015
  • User3219612 · 2+ years ago

Soto was great to work with. Everyone in my family loved the music. My Husband and I really liked that some songs people requested he asked us first if we were ok with him playing it.

Sent on 04/25/2013

Molly · Married on 12/15/2018

Great Communication

Soto's Entertainment did an excellent job in communicating with me in preparation for my wedding. Steffan went above and beyond to make sure that my vision for the music was captured and that the timeline for the reception was everything I wanted. The DJ that I had at the wedding was Tom, and overall he did a good job. There were a couple bobbles with the flow of the night but no one really noticed except for me. My only concern was that some of the music that was played was not music that I had wanted, and some of it felt a bit inappropriate for a Christian wedding. Several of my song requests also were not played. Overall the night went well and my guests had fun!

Sent on 01/15/2019

Brittany · Married on 08/07/2010

3.8
      1.0

Overall this DJ is great, however, if you change your wedding date, he will charge you.

Sent on 12/24/2011

Julie · Married on 11/15/2008

3.4
      3.0

He did not meet our expectations at the reception. Maybe the music that we selected did not mesh with the DJ we selected. They were very responsive during the entire process. They always emailed us back and verified information and extremely friendly. But, we were a little disappointed in how everything turned out. We gave him a very specific list to play and asked that he take no requests from guests. It could be that we were so distracted by everything going on, but we did not hear a lot of the music we selected and there were several songs that he played that were not on the list. I think that he would have done better with a more Hip-Hop list, but that's just not what we wanted.

Sent on 11/19/2008

Janice · Married on 10/02/2010

2.2
      3.5
      0.5
      1.0

We had our wedding on 10/2/10. Everything about the wedding was memorable. Including our mishap w/ the DJ. Overall the guests had a good time. But, there were specific requests for songs given to the owner a mo in advance that weren't played. We had requested a mix of spanish, hip-hop, country, & other music. The DJ played hip-hop and spanish only during the reception. I had requests for songs that he said he had but didn't play b/c he couldn't find them. Our first dance happened in the middle of the reception along w/ the father/daught and mother/son dances. The owner seemed bothered by the fact that I e-mailed him 2 days prior to the wedding w/ songs (currently in radio rotation) that he didn't have and wanted me to bring them. Yet, he had told me he'd be sending me our itinerary two weeks prior to sending it for which I didn't complain. Because we had an early wedding, we scheduled the DJ to end a bit early as well. Our guests were having a good time and weren't going home by any means so we asked the DJ to stay longer. He only stayed one more hour and when I requested a couple hours more he stated no, that he was tired and wanted to go home. At this point, I became really frustrated as I was told by the owner and contract that I had to pay the extra fee upfront and more time would be accomodated. I called and spoke w/ the owner and offered the extra fee payment along w/ a night stay at a hotel and he requested to speak w/ the DJ w/ no avail. My guests were offering to pay the DJ 3x the extra fee for 1 more hour and he would not stay. He pretty much packed up and left. The extra 2 hours would have had him there to 10pm only, along w/ a night stay so he wouldn't have to drive back so far, so late. He was probably tired from the wine he was drinking while the party was going on. I was extremely disappointed. Needless to say the DJ was the topic of conversation the rest of the evening, while music played out of a car's trunk and the following day at the breakfast we hosted. I am still amazed at the extreme lack of customer service, especially on such an important day. If you reserve through Soto's Entertainment, be sure to have a Plan B or reserve extra time just in case to cover your bases.

Isn't weird that a DJ would play songs that are requested as must play during a cocktail hour when neither the bride and groom will be a part of? Funny that we started eating @ 5 when my caterer left @ 6. Which would mean that 45 guests ate their meals and cake w/in an hour including the waiting period in the buffet line...I can admit that everything didn't go exactly as scheduled but what I find even more unproffesional is the owner's response to my review. Considering he wasn't even @ the wedding to begin w/. And if his DJ left his wine on the table then why were his lips tainted from the wine and when I offered him food and cake, he told me that he was all set and content w/ just the wine. Of which neither the bride or groom offered him. & even if someone did offer him liqour, why would he drink it? My review doesn't state that we had a horrible time... I clearly indicate that everything was ok until the request for more time. None of my guests were drunken messes either. How disrespectful to insult us and our guests over a review which credits the good and the not so good. Yes, my guests offered the DJ more than half of the cost of the entire night to stay for an extra hour. Yes, they became frustrated when the DJ said no. Did they say something beligerent...maybe. Not from what I was told since the DJ failed to mention any of this to me or the rest of the bridal party during the wedding. If someone feels that uncomfortable, they should bring it up w/ the bridal party immediately. I was prepared to deal w/ the cracks in the road. Frankly, I'm disgusted at this point and don't want to waste any more of my time. All of this because my review is so called "bad for business." Something Soto's Entertainment should have thought about that evening. Good luck! Don't ever write a review that is "bad for business" or it will ultimately be all of your fault or someone might fault you as being a drunken beligerent bride. It's funny on how Soto calls me a liar when his comment is full of lies and attempts to cover his DJ's rear-end. I would have never thought that someone in the business for so many years would scoop so low. All because I refused to change my review. Nothing he stated below he dared to tell me during our last 45 minute conversation when he attempted to ease my disappointment. Their comments on my review and us as people attest to their own character.

Sent on 10/07/2010

Soto's Entertainment Mobile DJ-MC's reply:

Hi, this is the owner of Soto's Entertainment speaking. This wedding was handled by one of my DJ's which he's very professional and has many years of experience with weddings. It's very obvious that the bride is backfiring and twisting facts to display that our performance was poor, when in fact, it was the total opposite. We did deliver as promised and met our obligations per what was agreed in our contract. Due to the lack of organization and planning from bride and groom, the schedule did not run as planned and all frustrations mentioned above by the bride only fell back on her poor lack of structure she herself created that day. Let me take a brief moment to describe what occurred that night, and explain in further detail the bits and pieces that the bride decided to add in her review to perceive our inefficiency. Soto's Entertainment was contracted form the hours of 2:00 pm-7PM. Any additional time after that was based upon a dual agreement at the time of the event by the wedding party and my DJ. This is what in my opinion set off the fuse, in which induced the bride and their guest to become very unprofessional and belligerent against our services. My DJ was set up and ready to go before the ceremony time. The ceremony started late on their behalf. The bridal party and bride & groom went off to take pictures. Per the schedule they were supposed to make a formal entrance and proceed with the dances (first dance, mother & son, etc) at 3:45pm. But this did not take place at this time. The bride and groom did not appear by the guests until approximately 5:00 pm. During the time of the pictures a lot of the music that she requested a month back for cocktail was played by my DJ but she missed because they took so long doing pictures and then the bride says that they weren't played. When they did appear for their introduction, they instructed my DJ to only announce their name and not proceed to with dances. My DJ did as he was told. They proceeded after that with dinner. Dinner lasted approximately 1 1/2 hours. During dinner, the bridal party decided to start their toast without notifying my DJ so he quickly had to shut off the background music. As you can see they kept changing things so obviously the schedule did not go as planned originally. After the toast and dinner, my DJ proceeded with the dance music that the bride requested 2 days before her wedding which on our contract it states to have all requests no later than 2 weeks prior to the wedding. Even with the bride's short notice we managed to have all of her songs in which I personally called her to let her know. Then the bride asked my DJ to proceed with the formal dances, and after that with bouquet toss and garter removal. After they finished, they started the dancing music again, and by this time It was around 6:45. My DJ went to remind the groom that they only had 15 more minutes. The groom and my DJ agreed to stay one more hour so the groom was happy. Well when 8pm came around, and my DJ stopped the music, this is when the trouble started. Guest including the bridal party and bride and groom were getting intoxicated and several guest came up to my DJ begging him to stay, because they were having so much fun. They were flaunting money at my DJ. It started to get a little out of control and my DJ was getting uncomfortable. This is the reason why my DJ did not stay any longer but he didn't want to be that direct to the bride about her guests, so he worded it differently. And regarding the wine, this wine was offered to my DJ by them which he left it sitting on his table anyway. What still doesn't make sense to me is that, if my DJ was such a horrible DJ, and our services was so bad, why was everyone begging him to stay longer?