Sophisticated Gents Entertainment/DJs & Event Design Reviews

120 | Melbourne, FL

120 Reviews for Sophisticated Gents Entertainment/DJs & Event Design

Katoya · Married on 04/02/2011

I would recommend Sophisticated Gents to anyone! My wedding/reception was wonderful and they had a lot to do with it. Everyone raved about them and how much fun they had at the reception!

Sent on 04/11/2011

Katie · Married on 11/20/2010

Freddy the DJ was so awesome. He kept the party going all night long. We had such a good time. We also used Freddy for the up lighting in the reception hall and that turned out so great.

Sent on 01/14/2011

Anne · Married on 11/06/2010

Frederick was so fun!

Sent on 11/23/2010

Bethany · Married on 10/02/2010

Amazing! This DJ was well worth hiring. They can accomodate anything and are very easy to work with. Our DJ had everyone laughing and dancing until the last minute of the reception. Even the grandparents stayed all the way until the end. They also have so many options of lighting etc to really customize your wedding, and they did alot of the process online which was very convenient. I would for sure recommend them.

Sent on 10/29/2010

Audrey · Married on 06/05/2010

Sophisticated Gents provided the music and lighting for our wedding on June 5, 2010. Frederick was so much fun to work with and really knew how to get our guests to have a good time. I am still getting compliments on how good the music was and how much fun everyone had at the wedding. They also projected our logo onto the dance floor which looked stunning. We were so pleased with Sophisticated Gents and would highly recommend them to any bride looking to have a wonderful time at their wedding. Thanks Frederick and crew!

Sent on 06/28/2010

Shannon · Married on 02/20/2010

We could not have picked a better DJ. We worked with Frederick for our wedding reception arrangements but we did not have him as a DJ, he was very helpful and professional. We had DJ Kevin for our actual reception and he was AWESOME!! He made our night VERY special and helped out a lot. People that were at our reception are still talking about how awesome the DJ was! Thank you so much for being part of our special day! I would recommend them to ANYONE!

Sent on 02/25/2010

Candy E. · Married on 06/14/2009

We will definitely use sophisticated gents in the future for any services requiring a DJ! They did an amazing job keeping the party going and getting everyone at the reception involved. Working with Frederick made our lives easier and less stressful. Sophisticated Gents also does Event designs that are gorgeous.

Sent on 03/13/2010

Ashley · Married on 11/22/2008

Frederick and team did a great job facilitating the lighting, ceremony music and reception entertainment! He was very easy to communicate with and really took the time to listen to what we wanted to have happen. He has the entire day planned out like a play and he executed everything flawlessly! We were so glad that he was able to make our day so special!

Sent on 02/17/2009

Jenna · Married on 02/16/2008

they were awesome. Dj Freddie was wonderful at getting our guest at the reception to dance and have fun.

Sent on 03/23/2010

Our DJ was Trent and he was amazing! He helped us keep the flow of our wedding when things can get overwhelming quickly. He was friendly and funny, all that we were looking for at our wedding! He helped us stay organized and efficient with our time that we had.

Sent on 07/03/2015

Holly · Married on 10/12/2014

Frederick was awesome to work with!! He definitely delivered and everyone has been raving about him!!!! Im so glad we booked with Sophisticated Gents and he made this the most amazing day of my life!

Sent on 11/04/2014

Kelly · Married on 02/12/2011

Loved DJ Fredrick, and he threw in some special twist to our reception, that got everyone talking! The wedding wouldn't have been the same without this awesome DJ!

Sent on 02/18/2011

Julie · Married on 01/26/2019

Wonderful job.

Freddy was amazing! Did an excellent job.

Sent on 02/21/2019

Lauren · Married on 04/12/2014

Sophisticated Gents did an amazing job and truly made our reception a PARTY! Trent did our wedding reception and did such a good job reading the crowd and keeping the party going and everyone out on the dance floor. Frederick did an amazing job putting together the timeline for the wedding and making sure our reception flowed the way we wanted it to. We also hired our ceremony musician through Sophisticated Gents and the saxophonist did an amazing job as well - and Frederick and the staff made sure he had all our songs we wanted for the wedding. We were thrilled with the service from Sophisticated Gents - highly recommend!

Sent on 04/20/2014

Aimee · Married on 09/13/2008

Frederick is great! He has done several events in our area and he always delivers!

Sent on 08/29/2010

Very pleased with our dj, would recommend to anyone

Sent on 01/20/2016

Summer · Married on 12/01/2012

We were looking for more than just a DJ for our wedding. Any idea that we came up with Frederick was able to execute exactly as we wanted.

Sent on 01/01/2013

Megan · Married on 03/20/2018

1.4
      1.5
      2.0
      2.0
      1.5
      0.5

Very disappointed with the level of professionalism and service for the price i paid. I was had a small wedding that I only splurged on certain services to make the day memorable. It was very difficult finding time to speak with the vendor about our wedding day (on both our parts). When finally being in contact the individual was rushing me and very rude on the phone but I looked over it because it was a last minute choice to go with this vendor. He assured me that he had all the information for my wedding up to date and even when I emailed him to change songs he assured me he had fixed it and there was nothing to worry about over email. On the day of the wedding he played the wrong cocktail hour music, many guests commented to me on the weird music I chose to play and I assured them that I did not choose that selection. He put the wrong song for our bridal enterence, luckily my moh fixed that real fast! He even said my moh name wrong when I corrected him many times!! He argued with my guests, photographer and caterers about various items of music and timeline. I had even heard from guests that he actually yelled at my photographer, who happened to be the sweetest lady. :( When I finally went to speak to him about the timeline he seemed very flexible about putting things in the order I wanted. I am not normally one for writing a bad Review, but this was very disappointing for the price that I paid. My wedding day was still wonderful despite the hiccups along the way. I will still remember this as an amazing day in my life and nothing could have ruined it for me.

Sent on 11/17/2017

0.6
      1.0
      1.0

So we paid $1850 for DJ with dance floor lighting, some bubbles, and a steel drummer for our ceremony. A total of five hours. For the most part, things were great until the DJ, Trent, disappeared around 7(dinner) until 8:45 when my husband went off in a rage wondering where he went. People were asking if he was working another wedding at the venue since they were all sitting at the tables with the food already cleared off. Trent missed my father's welcome toast and all the fun games we were supposed to play to keep the guest entertained during dinner(reason we paid $$$ right?) A lot of people left before we could cut the cake, do father daughter dance, etc. Plus all the delay left only 20 minutes for dancing. I ended up in the bathroom crying my eyes out when I got home that night. Really ruined my wedding day!

Sent on 11/13/2013

Autumnbrooke · Married on 11/11/2017

0.4
      0.5

communication from Sophisticated gents was the bare minimum. I booked him in September of 2016 for my wedding over a year away. I assumed as we got closer he would discuss the plans with me. Closer was 2 weeks before the wedding. At the meeting we just went over the order of events. I let him know that we were having a buffet and that i would need his dj to call out the next tables to go up. He told me no, because it wasn’t Sophisticated, and that my caterer or my wedding planner should do it. that really sat weird with me and so I emailed my wedding planner and she informed me every single wedding she’s ever done the dj has announced it. So i went back and emailed him saying i would prefer him to do it and i never heard back, i figured he was busy and got the message. Also at this meeting he informed me that after already paying $1200 for dj service he tells me i have to pay either $100 early set up fee or $150 for the dj to set up early and stay until the end otherwise they’d leave at 9. Because he was only contracted for 5 hours. I had a live quartet doing my ceremony and i didn’t need a dj until 5:00 when the dinner started. I had no choice but to pay him. A few days later i decided to change my song and I decided i wanted 3 for the grand entrance 1 for my family, one for my bridal party and 1 for me. I didn’t want my grandparents walking in to pit bull. I again didn’t get an email reply he called me. I guess i misunderstood because he told me I should walk to a different song. I thought he was only talking about the song for my bridal party. But the day of only pit bull played & the dj started announcing names of my family. The day of Harry our dj had no clue that he had to announce tables to go to the buffet, although one my wedding planner let him know he did do that. My husband & I had taken dance classes every to choreograph a beautiful dance. I sent him the exact mp3 to play & yet it wasn’t played. The song in the video & song from his Email are different

Sent on 11/22/2017