SophistiCakes Reviews

30 | Drexel Hill, PA

30 Reviews for SophistiCakes

30 SophistiCakes Reviews

Leah · Married on 06/30/2018

Kathy and the staff at SophistiCakes were so wonderful to work with during our wedding planning process. This was our first and last bakery we visited. They were quick to respond to our inquiry, we planned a tasting, and the rest was history. They delivered nothing but excellence, we would have been silly to go looking elsewhere. They have so many flavors to choose from to make every couple and their guests happy. To top it all off, SophistiCakes worked with our venue, Terrain at Styers, very closely to the point that we did not have to worry about a thing. All deliveries and decorations were done without me being involved the day of. I just gave the directions ahead of time and literally had nothing to worry about the day of – it was fantastic. The cake was perfect, delicious, and exactly what we asked for. Kudos to you, SophistiCakes. You are doing it right! Highly recommended!

SophistiCakes 1
    SophistiCakes 2
    SophistiCakes 3
  • Nikkie

Nikkie · Married on 11/17/2017

Sophisticakes designed this custom wedding cake for my wedding that was unique and absolutely perfect! Not only was the cake DELICIOUS, it was also a non-traditional wedding cake that was the pièce de résistance!

SophistiCakes 4
    SophistiCakes 5
    SophistiCakes 6

Janelle · Married on 10/28/2017

This bakery is committed to excellence. Kathy (the owner) hosted us for our wedding tasting and was a true joy to work with! When we called to schedule the tasting, she listened to our flavor preferences and followed up by serving us exactly what we asked for! The SophistiCakes decorators won't shy away from intricate designs; our cake turned out EXACTLY like the photo that we showed Kathy and we were amazed! Best of all, each layer tasted great! I bake layer cakes from scratch at home, and Kathy and her bakers use the same process at SophistiCakes. I think this process is often taken for granted. We worked with a reception venue that gave us a choice of 2 bakeries, and the second bakery we visited told us that they added a preservative to their cakes so they didn't need to refrigerate it for a whole day prior to delivery. We tasted the difference, and SophistiCakes was the clear winner. Thanks to Kathy and her team for making our wedding day sweeter! We can't wait to eat our anniversary cake!

SophistiCakes 7

Cassandra · Married on 09/16/2017

My husband and I are so happy we chose Sophisticakes to design and make our wedding cake! Our venue offered a choice of two cake vendors and we decided on Sophisticakes because their cakes are delicious and are made with real butter and sugar which is important to us. Kathy was extremely attentive to our design requests and our cake looked beautiful on the day of our wedding. We opted for one layer of chocolate chip pound with buttercream, one layer of pound with raspberry buttercream, one layer of pound with strawberry buttercream, and one layer of lemon cake with lemon buttercream. Kathy went out of her way to provide good customer service, even staying past closing when we were rushing from work to drop off our cake topper. She also designed a beautiful hockey-themed personalized groom's cake for the rehearsal dinner that was exactly what I was envisioning and even featured the exact design of my husband's college hockey jersey. My husband and I highly recommend the chocolate chip pound cake. It's delicious! Thank you Kathy and the Sophisticakes team for making our wedding so special (& sweet!)!

Delaney · Married on 07/29/2017

Sophisticakes is a top notch bakery who I have had the pleasure of working with both at a professional level, and a personal level. I was able to enjoy their AH-MAZING chocolate pound cake wedding cake at my sister's wedding in 2015 and this year, my hubby and I smashed our red velvet pound cake into each other's faces before the rest of the guests partook in the delicious goodness. I am also a wedding photographer and have worked with sophisticates to create beautiful cake designs for wedding-inspired shoots. The sky's the limit for this amazing company. Whatever you hope to have on your wedding day, Sophisticakes will certainly make sure you have it. On a side note, not that it matters much, but I wanted to share that as a wedding photographer, the cake smash is one of my favorite things to photograph...but as I bride, I was not okay with the fact that there could be icing everywhere. For both my sisters and my own, the cake cleanup was VERY minor as the icing isn't quite as thick and sticky as other cakes...so my hubby and I were able to smash while also looking semi-descent afterwards...apart from the cake shoved up Jeff's nose. ;) THANK YOU SOPHISTICAKES!

Rino · Married on 07/08/2017

With our wedding venue we had a choice between two bakeries for our cake. We tasted both and went with sophisticakes. They have so many different cake flavors (all delicious) and their icing/filling is sweet just the way I like it. We went with the red velvet, carrot cake, and strawberry white chocolate cake. The designers listen to exactly what you want. The cake was absolutely beautiful and we received many compliments on it!

clare · Married on 06/11/2017

We had to scramble to get a cake because we literally forgot we needed one! The folks at Sophisticakes worked with us with just two weeks notice to create a gorgeous, delicious cake that wowed our guests. We enjoyed our tasting experience and couldn't be happier with the service and quality of their cake. Use these guys!

Sarah · Married on 11/05/2016

Our wedding cake by SophistiCakes was included in our venue package (Drexelbrook Catering). We could not have been happier with our entire experience! The cake tasting was absolutely delicious and they were extremely accommodating. The day of, the cake looked absolutely beautiful and tasted even better!! I would definitely recommend this company - they are very organized and I had absolutely zero worries about the cake!

Debi · Married on 10/29/2016

We absolutely love SophistiCakes! Our daughter's wedding cake was such a standout -- simple, elegant and amazingly delicious (just the right amount of sweetness)! When we learned that the owners personally drive every wedding cake to the venue to ensure a perfect delivery, we knew we chose wisely. We could not have been happier!

Ashley · Married on 09/04/2016

Words cannot describe how amazing sophisticakes has been. They were used for my bridal shower and my baby shower from family members. I was so happy with how good the cakes looked as well as how delicious they were. We decided to use them for our sons baptism... let me just say, we were BLOWN AWAY! First time in there to order a cake, and the staff was beyond helpful and so nice and patient as we had no idea what we wanted at first. Half hour - 45 minutes later we finalized what we wanted.. with the help from a staff member and her brilliant ideas..I did not see the cake until we got to the party. And just WOW. They went above and beyond our expectations. The cake looked amazing and all of our guest could not stop talking about it. I didn't think it could be any better until I tasted it!! I will forever always get my cakes for any occasion from here. Yes they are pricey.. we paid about $150 for our sons cake. But 100% worth it!!! The pictures do not do it justice!! The detail down to the cross, just amazing. I never write reviews.. but I needed to write one for this! Thank you so much!!

SophistiCakes 8
    SophistiCakes 9

Christina · Married on 08/06/2016

I used Sophisticakes for my 8/6/2016 wedding and I loved my cake! I was very simple, elegant and delicious! My guest enjoyed every last bite and so did my groom and I!

Angela · Married on 06/04/2016

SophistiCakes made us a beautiful and delicious wedding cake. I enjoyed the piece I had during the cake cutting. It was so moist! The top and bottom layer were vanilla pound cake with buttercream icing and the center was chocolate. We received many compliments on the cake for both taste and aesthetics. I highly recommend SophistiCakes Bakery for wedding cake services. The cake was truly a work of art.

Liz · Married on 05/14/2016

I can't say enough good things about Sophisticakes! From start to finish, they were a pleasure to work with. Their cake is UNBELIEVABLE!!!! Pound cake with buttercream icing. Dream! They cake looked exactly as I wanted it to. They are so reasonably priced!!! Book them NOW! You won't be disappointed.

Kelly · Married on 06/13/2015

Our cake was delicious! So many people said that it was the best wedding cake they had ever tasted. We took a photo of a cake I had found on Pinterest and they made it look exactly like that cake. It was very beautiful and tasted delicious!

Rebecca · Married on 05/24/2015

Our wedding cake was incredible! It was both beautiful and delicious, and guests raved about it (several even had 2 - 3 pieces!). Sophisticakes was helpful at every step (even from the very start - the tasting is fun and in a nice setting amidst the baking). I will buy a cake from Sophisticakes every time I am in town.

Jess · Married on 07/19/2014

Sophisticakes was awesome all the way through - from the cake tasting to the final product. They have delicious flavors (both standard and unique), friendly employees, and a beautiful product. They even matched the ribbon on the cake to the color of the bridesmaids' dresses.

Victoria · Married on 11/08/2013

Loved the cake taste/look! I will makes sure to go there for every event!

Monica · Married on 08/17/2013

For starters, this cake was DELICIOUS. We used SophistiCakes for our wedding, and I could not recommend them more highly. The guests devoured the beautiful cake, it was so good -- in fact, it was demolished. And friends STILL tell me how much they loved the cake. (How often does that happen with wedding cakes?!) We tasted 4 other bakeries before settling here. So many other bakeries over-whip their frosting to the point of it approaching a whipped cream texture. Not SophistiCakes. Their buttercream frosting is incredible -- rich and creamy. It reminded me of Magnolia's Bakery frosting in NYC.

SophistiCakes was a delight to work with. We procrastinated, and they were so accommodating and helpful -- taking in our request just a few weeks before the wedding... and even offering us a last minute tasting the Tuesday before our wedding, so we could check whether our jam filling would work in the cake. Great service, delicious cakes, and a joy to work with. Get your wedding cake here!!

Laura · Married on 03/09/2013

SophistiCakes made us the best wedding cake ever! The chocolate chip pound cake is to-die-for and I would recommend them to any bride.

Ann · Married on 10/05/2012

Our cake looked exactly like what we asked for....the best part was it tasted as good ( if not better) than it looked. They were recommended to me and I would definitely recommend them!!!

C · Married on 07/13/2012

Everyone raves about these cakes - they are delicious!!

• User4964443 · event on: 03/14/2015

We love all their baked goods!

Daniella · event on: 05/23/2015

I got a cake and 50 cupcakes from Sophsiticakes for my law school graduation party. Both were beautiful and more importantly delicious! Many of my guests wanted to know where I got my cake. The staff provided excellent customer service. They really worked with me to make my cake design come to life. I would definitely recommend!!

Jessica · Married on 09/02/2012

SophistiCakes was one of the only bakeries that was able to cater to our request to have one of the tiers of our cake gluten free. Their gluten free pecan cake is so delicious! So many of our wedding guests ate that flavor not knowing that it was gf and complimented it. They also matched our cake to the photo we provided almost to a tee. They were a pleasure to work with, delivered flawlessly, and were also able to help us fit what we wanted into the budget we had. Overall, such a great experience with this bakery and we highly recommend them to any other couples needing a wedding cake or any other baked good.

Samantha · Married on 09/10/2016

Our tasting was such a great experience. Sophisticakes really works with you to make sure the cake is exactly what you want. While we were there, they even got a designer to use her creativity to show us what our design would look like. They have been a great vendor so far and I'm looking forward to seeing the end result at the wedding!