Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

29 Reviews for SophistiCakes

Setup (1)
Cake Cutters (1)
Cake Stands (1)
27 SophistiCakes Reviews

Sophisticakes designed this custom wedding cake for my wedding that was unique and absolutely perfect! Not only was the cake DELICIOUS, it was also a non-traditional wedding cake that was the pièce de résistance!

Profile Picture Nikkie, 11/17/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Cakes, Custom Design

This bakery is committed to excellence. Kathy (the owner) hosted us for our wedding tasting and was a true joy to work with! When we called to schedule the tasting, she listened to our flavor preferences and followed up by serving us exactly what we asked for! The SophistiCakes decorators won't shy away from intricate designs; our cake turned out EXACTLY like the photo that we showed Kathy and we were amazed! Best of all, each layer tasted great! I bake layer cakes from scratch at home, and Kathy and her bakers use the same process at SophistiCakes. I think this process is often taken for granted. We worked with a reception venue that gave us a choice of 2 bakeries, and the second bakery we visited told us that they added a preservative to their cakes so they didn't need to refrigerate it for a whole day prior to delivery. We tasted the difference, and SophistiCakes was the clear winner. Thanks to Kathy and her team for making our wedding day sweeter! We can't wait to eat our anniversary cake!

Profile Picture Janelle, 10/28/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

My husband and I are so happy we chose Sophisticakes to design and make our wedding cake! Our venue offered a choice of two cake vendors and we decided on Sophisticakes because their cakes are delicious and are made with real butter and sugar which is important to us. Kathy was extremely attentive to our design requests and our cake looked beautiful on the day of our wedding. We opted for one layer of chocolate chip pound with buttercream, one layer of pound with raspberry buttercream, one layer of pound with strawberry buttercream, and one layer of lemon cake with lemon buttercream. Kathy went out of her way to provide good customer service, even staying past closing when we were rushing from work to drop off our cake topper. She also designed a beautiful hockey-themed personalized groom's cake for the rehearsal dinner that was exactly what I was envisioning and even featured the exact design of my husband's college hockey jersey. My husband and I highly recommend the chocolate chip pound cake. It's delicious! Thank you Kathy and the Sophisticakes team for making our wedding so special (& sweet!)!

Profile Picture Cassandra, 9/16/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Sophisticakes is a top notch bakery who I have had the pleasure of working with both at a professional level, and a personal level. I was able to enjoy their AH-MAZING chocolate pound cake wedding cake at my sister's wedding in 2015 and this year, my hubby and I smashed our red velvet pound cake into each other's faces before the rest of the guests partook in the delicious goodness. I am also a wedding photographer and have worked with sophisticates to create beautiful cake designs for wedding-inspired shoots. The sky's the limit for this amazing company. Whatever you hope to have on your wedding day, Sophisticakes will certainly make sure you have it. On a side note, not that it matters much, but I wanted to share that as a wedding photographer, the cake smash is one of my favorite things to photograph...but as I bride, I was not okay with the fact that there could be icing everywhere. For both my sisters and my own, the cake cleanup was VERY minor as the icing isn't quite as thick and sticky as other cakes...so my hubby and I were able to smash while also looking semi-descent afterwards...apart from the cake shoved up Jeff's nose. ;) THANK YOU SOPHISTICAKES!

Profile Picture Delaney, 7/29/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

With our wedding venue we had a choice between two bakeries for our cake. We tasted both and went with sophisticakes. They have so many different cake flavors (all delicious) and their icing/filling is sweet just the way I like it. We went with the red velvet, carrot cake, and strawberry white chocolate cake. The designers listen to exactly what you want. The cake was absolutely beautiful and we received many compliments on it!

Profile Picture Rino, 7/8/17, 9 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We had to scramble to get a cake because we literally forgot we needed one! The folks at Sophisticakes worked with us with just two weeks notice to create a gorgeous, delicious cake that wowed our guests. We enjoyed our tasting experience and couldn't be happier with the service and quality of their cake. Use these guys!

Profile Picture clare, 6/11/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cake Cutters, Cake Stands, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cakes

Our wedding cake by SophistiCakes was included in our venue package (Drexelbrook Catering). We could not have been happier with our entire experience! The cake tasting was absolutely delicious and they were extremely accommodating. The day of, the cake looked absolutely beautiful and tasted even better!! I would definitely recommend this company - they are very organized and I had absolutely zero worries about the cake!

Profile Picture User6230661, 1+ year ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We absolutely love SophistiCakes! Our daughter's wedding cake was such a standout -- simple, elegant and amazingly delicious (just the right amount of sweetness)! When we learned that the owners personally drive every wedding cake to the venue to ensure a perfect delivery, we knew we chose wisely. We could not have been happier!

Profile Picture Debi, 10/29/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I purchased individual cupcake-sized cheesecakes and one small couples cheesecake in lieu of a large wedding cake and they were delicious! They were a bit smaller than expected, but everyone loved them and our individual cake was also wonderful :)

Profile Picture User5569628, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Our tasting was such a great experience. Sophisticakes really works with you to make sure the cake is exactly what you want. While we were there, they even got a designer to use her creativity to show us what our design would look like. They have been a great vendor so far and I'm looking forward to seeing the end result at the wedding!

Profile Picture Samantha, 9/10/16, 11 Reviews
Services Used: Cakes, Consultations, Custom Design, Private Tastings

Words cannot describe how amazing sophisticakes has been. They were used for my bridal shower and my baby shower from family members. I was so happy with how good the cakes looked as well as how delicious they were. We decided to use them for our sons baptism... let me just say, we were BLOWN AWAY! First time in there to order a cake, and the staff was beyond helpful and so nice and patient as we had no idea what we wanted at first. Half hour - 45 minutes later we finalized what we wanted.. with the help from a staff member and her brilliant ideas..I did not see the cake until we got to the party. And just WOW. They went above and beyond our expectations. The cake looked amazing and all of our guest could not stop talking about it. I didn't think it could be any better until I tasted it!! I will forever always get my cakes for any occasion from here. Yes they are pricey.. we paid about $150 for our sons cake. But 100% worth it!!! The pictures do not do it justice!! The detail down to the cross, just amazing. I never write reviews.. but I needed to write one for this! Thank you so much!!

Profile Picture Ashley, 9/4/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Custom Design, Cakes

I used Sophisticakes for my 8/6/2016 wedding and I loved my cake! I was very simple, elegant and delicious! My guest enjoyed every last bite and so did my groom and I!

Profile Picture Christina, 8/6/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

SophistiCakes made us a beautiful and delicious wedding cake. I enjoyed the piece I had during the cake cutting. It was so moist! The top and bottom layer were vanilla pound cake with buttercream icing and the center was chocolate. We received many compliments on the cake for both taste and aesthetics. I highly recommend SophistiCakes Bakery for wedding cake services. The cake was truly a work of art.

Profile Picture Angela, 6/4/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I can't say enough good things about Sophisticakes! From start to finish, they were a pleasure to work with. Their cake is UNBELIEVABLE!!!! Pound cake with buttercream icing. Dream! They cake looked exactly as I wanted it to. They are so reasonably priced!!! Book them NOW! You won't be disappointed.

Profile Picture Liz, 5/14/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Our cake was delicious! So many people said that it was the best wedding cake they had ever tasted. We took a photo of a cake I had found on Pinterest and they made it look exactly like that cake. It was very beautiful and tasted delicious!

Profile Picture Kelly, 6/13/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Our wedding cake was incredible! It was both beautiful and delicious, and guests raved about it (several even had 2 - 3 pieces!). Sophisticakes was helpful at every step (even from the very start - the tasting is fun and in a nice setting amidst the baking). I will buy a cake from Sophisticakes every time I am in town.

Profile Picture Rebecca, 5/24/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

OUR WEDDING CAKE WAS BEAUTIFUL AND DELICIOUS!

Profile Picture STEPHANIE, 9/5/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Sophisticakes was awesome all the way through - from the cake tasting to the final product. They have delicious flavors (both standard and unique), friendly employees, and a beautiful product. They even matched the ribbon on the cake to the color of the bridesmaids' dresses.

Profile Picture Jess, 7/19/14, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Very nice to deal with. A bit pricey but very good.

Profile Picture User3715816, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Loved the cake taste/look! I will makes sure to go there for every event!

Profile Picture Victoria, 11/8/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

For starters, this cake was DELICIOUS. We used SophistiCakes for our wedding, and I could not recommend them more highly. The guests devoured the beautiful cake, it was so good -- in fact, it was demolished. And friends STILL tell me how much they loved the cake. (How often does that happen with wedding cakes?!) We tasted 4 other bakeries before settling here. So many other bakeries over-whip their frosting to the point of it approaching a whipped cream texture. Not SophistiCakes. Their buttercream frosting is incredible -- rich and creamy. It reminded me of Magnolia's Bakery frosting in NYC.

SophistiCakes was a delight to work with. We procrastinated, and they were so accommodating and helpful -- taking in our request just a few weeks before the wedding... and even offering us a last minute tasting the Tuesday before our wedding, so we could check whether our jam filling would work in the cake. Great service, delicious cakes, and a joy to work with. Get your wedding cake here!!

Profile Picture Monica, 8/17/13, 3 Reviews
0.2

Well in short the wedding party started and there was no cake.....family members left the reception to go to the closed bakery..banged on the door,owner answered and said she fogot...the next day she would not refund my the money or some.. told the girl she didn't care and that she can write as many bad reviews she wants...cakes are great but unreliable!

Profile Picture Cheryl, 5/31/13, 1 Review
0.1

I ordered my wedding cake from here!! My family order everything from here well to start off they were 2 hours late delivering the cake ..I was so embarrassed! !finally after my sisters left my party to go get my cake it showed up. The lady was so rude and said o picked a bad time to get it delivered because she was tired. She threw my cake on the table and left!! When my sister contacted them the next day the lady said she didn't care about our business and since she called to complain that now its revenge! !a simple apology would have been OK but this owner was so rude!! I was so upset and embarrassed, people left before the cake even arrived! !they ruined my wedding party. And lost a lot of customers

Profile Picture kim, 5/31/13, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

SophistiCakes made us the best wedding cake ever! The chocolate chip pound cake is to-die-for and I would recommend them to any bride.

Profile Picture Laura, 3/9/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Our cake looked exactly like what we asked for....the best part was it tasted as good ( if not better) than it looked. They were recommended to me and I would definitely recommend them!!!

Profile Picture Ann, 10/5/12, 1 Review