Sophie's Bakery, Inc. Reviews

Rating 4.7 out of 5, 55 Reviews
View more information

4.7

Hannah H. Married on 06/26/2021

Delicious cake, great value for money, wonderful designs

Sophie's Bakery has lots of different flavour options for both cake and frosting, which was great as we knew we wanted something other than traditional wedding cake.

Both bride & grooms cake were highly customizable. I requested a screen printed image for the groom's cake and it turned out wonderfully! Additionally, instead of having to peal off the top layer to save for our anniversary, we had a whole special mini-cake delivered for us to take home and save!

The cost was great and Sophie's Bakery was communicative and easy to work with! Would highly recommend to anyone looking for cake for their event!
    Lindsey B. Married on 11/07/2020

Great experience

We used Sophie's Bakery for our wedding cake and groom's cake and they were both great! Both were absolutely delicious. Our groom's cake was red velvet with buttercream frosting, and our wedding cake had peach cream cheese filling. We would recommend Sophie's Bakery to anyone!
  • Jessica
    Jessica G. Married on 08/31/2019

Martinez Wedding

The cake was beautiful and so delicious!
  • Tabetha
    Tabetha O. Married on 08/11/2019

Beautiful and delicious!

They did a fantastic job! The cakes and cake pops were beautiful AND delicious. Everyone loved the cake. Our wedding was Sunday and it’s friday now and I’m still eating on the cake pops!!! We wanted our cake done locally and our wedding was on Sunday. That’s inconvenient for most, but Sophie exceeded our expectations!!! I definitely recommend!
  • Lexus
    Lexus H. Married on 05/18/2019

Great Cakes

They cakes looked and tasted great! I was able to either drop by the bakery or stay in contact via email. I did not have to worry the slightest about anything to do with the cakes the day of. Great people to work with and a great product.
  • Michelle
    Michelle Married on 12/29/2018

Best wedding cake

Sophie had the best wedding cake! It was beautiful and delicious!
  • Dunae
    Dunae Married on 11/10/2018

Gorgeous designs!

Our cakes from Sophie's were beautiful and tasted delicious!! You cannot go wrong ordering from her. We showed her Pinterest pictures of what we envisioned for both the bride's and groom's cake, and in reality, they were even better than the pics! She's an absolute artist and will customize your dream cake. Communication with her office was easy and quick as well! If you are looking for a great Hill Country vendor, we highly recommend Sophie!
    Avry Married on 12/31/2017
    The cakes were amazing!! Both the flavors and presentations were more than perfect!
    Reyna Married on 11/11/2017
    Sophie is a wedding cake legend in the Hill Country, so we knew we could only go with the best for our wedding cakes. Sophie was very responsive in her emails and gave valid suggestions regarding servings, display trays, etc. We went with a traditional chocolate cake for the groom's cake and a white cake with cream cheese filling for my cake. Everyone is still raving about the cakes!!
    Shelby Married on 05/27/2017
    Sophie's cakes are seriously to die for and she is a true professional. We are from out of town, so we had to do a to-go tasting when we were in town for other wedding errands and she made it super easy. At the wedding, everyone commented on how delicious the cakes were. Not only that, they were beautiful as well and reasonably priced. The way she arranged the flowers on the tiers of our wedding cake made it look just like my "Pinterest cake." The groom's cake was especially a hit- we had a Texas shaped cake with a fondant flag draped across it and a 3-d armadillo (I was named after Steel Magnolias, so I had to work an armadillo into the groom's cake somehow!). Overall I would highly recommend!!
    Leila Married on 11/01/2016
    Our cake came out AMAZING! We provided a pic of one we had seen to Sophie, and her cake actually looked better than what we gave her! She meticulously applied floral accents and we were just thrilled with the results. But let me take a step back--I will tell you that most wedding cakes i have tasted have been so-so: the cake always looked better than it tasted and was always a disappointment. But Sophie's cake? AMAZING! It is moist, dense, and perfectly flavored. Our guest raved about it too! I will always go to Sophie anytime we need a cake for a special occasion in the future. We live in San Antonio, but driving to Fredericksburg is TOTALLY WORTH IT! thank you Sophie for all of your hard work!
    Anne Married on 10/08/2016
    Our cake was soooo delicious! We chose carrot cake with cream cheese icing (my favorite). We also asking them to do the icing around the edges so that you could see the cake through it (not sure what that's called...I was basing it on photos I'd seen). It looked gorgeous - very unique.
  • Julie
    Julie Married on 06/18/2016
    Out of all the people in Fredericksburg, TX this was my favorite vendor. Super kind, accommodating and just worth every penny. I'm still eating the cake we purchased and I can't believe how wonderful it tastes!
  • User2590184 2+ years ago
    Sophie's bakery was the perfect choice for our wedding cake. First of all, the cakes tastes amazing!! We got a 3-tier cake with a small round carrot cake on the side. Sophie was very responsive to emails and always willing to lend her advice and expertise when it came to design, flavors etc. not a single bad thing to say about Sophie's! It's also pretty economical, especially for the quality. I couldn't have asked for a better cake and I was under budget!
    Valerie Married on 04/09/2016
    Sophie's Bakery was great! I had seen a lot of weddings in the area use them so we just started there. We live in NY so we had to plan our wedding from afar, so we came into town around the holidays to do a tasting. They accidentally forgot we were coming but sent us on our way with a sample kit and waived the fee to make it right and spent plenty of time with us answering all of our questions and looking at pictures with us. They really helped us figure out a custom plan so that we could serve the top tier (didn't want to fly back to NY with it!) and supplement a smaller cake with chocolate and red velvet cupcakes to make sure we had variety of flavors and also to help keep the costs down. The cake was really delicious and the whole display looked beautiful. It was exactly what we wanted and asked for. Really recommend!
  • User2288502 2+ years ago
    We had Sophies Cake for our wedding recently, along with some tartlets for our desert bar! Sophies cakes are so amazing and the taste is not compared! When vendors in the area asked who we would be using for cake, and we said Sophies everyone had the same reaction! We event went back to get samples twice just to be able to try it again before the wedding! I know I am really excited for our 1 year anniversary so we can eat that top tier of our wedding cake! :)
  • User2202824 2+ years ago
    If you're getting married in Fredericksburg, or the surrounding area, you HAVE to use Sophie. There's just no comparison. Our cake was beautiful, delicious, and the desserts on the dessert table were even better. They were gone in minutes- thank goodness someone saved the Bride some!
    Jillian Married on 04/25/2015
    Holy cow, what good cake! I can't say enough good things about Sophie, her staff, and her cake. We had a three-tier wedding cake with blooms provided by our florist that Sophie put on a gorgeous, pinterest-worthy cake stand, which had a layer of carrot cake with cream cheese icing and white cake with peach preserve filling - it was out of this world. Sophie also worked with my mother to create a Steel Magnolias-style armadillo groom's cake. The prices were very reasonable, even for the custom cake. Sophie herself was wonderful to work with and very responsive. I'd recommend her bakery to anyone with taste buds.
    Lindi Married on 04/11/2015
    The best bakery in Fredericksburg and def better than a lot of places in major cities. LOVED the red velvet wedding cake. They made a beautiful cake, just how we wanted and even got some additional flowers to add to it without having me go to the florist. I dream of eating this cake. It was so good!
    Laura Married on 12/27/2014
    Sophie made our cakes exactly how we wanted them, and they were DELICIOUS! We actually did not get to save any of the groom's cake, so I went by the bakery on our honeymoon, and she gave us part of the same cake for free. She is a fantastic baker!
  • User1887858 2+ years ago
    One word - FABULOUS. Our cake was very unique and we were 250 miles away. Needless to say, we were a little nervous. When we walked in and saw the cake we couldn't believe it. It was perfect. Not only was it beautiful but it tasted fantastic. We can't thank you enough!! On our wedding day, the wedding cake was definitely "the icing on the cake". I highly recommend Sophie's Bakery.
    Katrina Married on 08/23/2014
    The cakes were not only beautiful, they were delicious!!! We received many compliments on the cakes!!!
  • User1813611 2+ years ago
    The cakes were beautiful and delicious. Numerous guests complimented the look and taste of both cakes.
    Elise Married on 07/05/2014
    Sophie's cake that she made for our wedding was delicious and beautiful! It was a white cake with peach and cream cheese filling, with a white buttercream frosting. So yummy! Sophie was very easy to get in touch with, and was such a joy to work with. We highly recommend her!
    Allison Married on 06/27/2014
    Our cake was beautiful AND delicious!! I gave them a picture of what I wanted a few months before the wedding, with a couple changes, and it turned out exactly how I wanted it! The ladies at Sophie's delivered our cake and set it up for us. When I walked into the venue and saw it, I was immediately in LOVE!! It tasted so good too!! Bonus! I can't wait to eat the top piece next year!

Thank you for everything Sophie's!